Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin  (Read 2316 times)
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:26:28 PM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
If bitcoin will crash I think altcoin will find ways to survive and to continue in crypto. But I think if bitcoin will crash it will bug effect in crypto market  and I'm worried that all coins will be down. That's why we need to enjoy and grab the opportunity now until bitcoin is there and have a value and also give to us a good profit.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Fedrey

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:02:45 PM

to be honest,I don't understand why there is so much positive news in the market and it is not growing?, a lot of positive news but there is no growth...
 bitcoin is the most trusted coin. whatever happens to bitcoin, is likely to have an effect on altcoin.

Anyhow positive news hasn't really affected everyone across the country in terms of believing it/convincing, it still takes into consideration many things related to fraud, risk as well as characteristics.
Bitcoin will be prioritized if it grows better and more gained the support and trust of many countries. Bitcoin is like a parent and it seems that it is destiny that brought other coins to become popular. But did not rule out some later altcoins will be more prominent that could have competed with bitcoin/past the mother.
if you step aside from these poetic compliments to Bitcoin, then how do you see the existence of Bitcoin in the future? How do you see the use of Bitcoin in the community? If we talk about the etherium, then everything is clear with it, but Bitcoin does not have such a potential as other coins.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:21:44 PM

to be honest,I don't understand why there is so much positive news in the market and it is not growing?, a lot of positive news but there is no growth...
 bitcoin is the most trusted coin. whatever happens to bitcoin, is likely to have an effect on altcoin.

Anyhow positive news hasn't really affected everyone across the country in terms of believing it/convincing, it still takes into consideration many things related to fraud, risk as well as characteristics.
Bitcoin will be prioritized if it grows better and more gained the support and trust of many countries. Bitcoin is like a parent and it seems that it is destiny that brought other coins to become popular. But did not rule out some later altcoins will be more prominent that could have competed with bitcoin/past the mother.
if you step aside from these poetic compliments to Bitcoin, then how do you see the existence of Bitcoin in the future? How do you see the use of Bitcoin in the community? If we talk about the etherium, then everything is clear with it, but Bitcoin does not have such a potential as other coins.
to date, the entire demand for Bitcoin is explained only by the fact that many users want to increase their fortunes Thanks to this coin. No one has yet given such an opportunity to increase several times their investments for such a short time. One can only recall 2017 and understand the scope of Bitcoin's possibilities.
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:27:49 PM

As of right now, Where bitcoin gos all alts will go. 
The time altcoins will survive on there own is still a long road ahead.
If bitcoin dont manage to get the adoption it needs to survive i doubt any alt could hold it out.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
Godef

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:36:03 PM

I think that the same dependence of other coins on bitcoin is still there, though not direct, but rather indirect, but still. I think this is due to the General decline in the cost of both bitcoin and other coins
Wolfwar

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:09:59 PM

I think that the same dependence of other coins on bitcoin is still there, though not direct, but rather indirect, but still. I think this is due to the General decline in the cost of both bitcoin and other coins
It seems to me that dependence on Bitcoin of all crypto currency is already visible to the naked eye. Just Look so the price of Bitcoin fluctuates in the market and How the whole market reacts to these price fluctuations.
realknow

Activity: 546
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:53:10 PM

it is the market fall more than just bitcoin fall. Even today, bitcoin fell -5% but there are some altcoins that gained 100+%. So, your statement not entirely true but yes bitcoin fall affects other altcoins

if I think altcoin and bitcoin can not be separated because the coin selling value can be good or bad for one of the coin.

Abrefatotherescue

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:58:31 PM

In a world of crazy possibilities like ours. I dare say it's credible. However it can also not be the case when Bitcoin drops. Buy its still possible. I have had those sentiments too.
catapult

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:52:10 PM

In my opinion, the existance of the bitcoin is extremely important for the future of the cryptocurrency world. It is the coin which have the highest popularity in crypo, and I think the popularities of other altcoins and tokens are directly connected to its popularity.
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:32:55 AM

In my opinion, the existance of the bitcoin is extremely important for the future of the cryptocurrency world. It is the coin which have the highest popularity in crypo, and I think the popularities of other altcoins and tokens are directly connected to its popularity.

i suppose fiats depend bitcoin will lose in 2020.
and altcoin prices will rise or drops independent from btc or other coins
Rivijski

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:37:21 AM

There is no future of most alt coins without BTC because their exchange rate is correlated. Crypto market need projects with rock stable rate of exchage independent from Bitcoin. I mean alt coins with solid backing, for example Nebula Network - decentralized storage cloud with emission mechanism tied to the supply (in form of computational power and disc space). Thanks of solid backing it's rock stable. That's answer for problem with volatile rate.
baricuri

Activity: 322

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:56:39 AM

No, I think if the BTC now loses or collapses then other altcoins will collapse accordingly so I should not expect this, I think the BTC is deciding the survival of the Crypto market.

renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:11:48 AM

Without bitcoin, the cryptocurrency will suffer a complete fiasco. I am sure that in 2 years all those currencies occupying positions in the top 100 will be updated except bitcoin.
TommyAMD

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:17:28 AM

In the future, there will still be, though without this paint that significantly adds to the world of cryptography, other coins also try to bring themselves to a new level corresponding to them.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:28:30 AM

Without bitcoin, the cryptocurrency will suffer a complete fiasco. I am sure that in 2 years all those currencies occupying positions in the top 100 will be updated except bitcoin.
yes that bitcoin Greatly determines how the next step in the development of a crypto. without any bitcoin the development of altcoin will be inhibited and it makes some major changes in the cryptocurrency system. as we see today that bitcoin price movements greatly affect the altcoin price movement, this means that it has proved that bitcoin has a very big role and is vital to the direction of other coin price movements. .
cabin

Activity: 604
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 10:29:56 AM

In crypto, I think what every happens to the price of bitcoin as the most stable and most potentials coin in crypto, will happen to altcoins also because bitcoin controlls the price of this coin but I believe unstable and coin without potentials will go down in future.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:14:43 PM

In crypto, I think what every happens to the price of bitcoin as the most stable and most potentials coin in crypto, will happen to altcoins also because bitcoin controlls the price of this coin but I believe unstable and coin without potentials will go down in future.
It seems to me that today Bitcoin has a very strong influence on the crypto-currency market. If in the future to reduce this influence, then we will see a really decentralized society of crypto-currencies. In any case, this will benefit and develop each project.
Altcoindealer

Activity: 699
Merit: 135

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:22:31 PM

I think in future, when all those shitcoins died, we will see a lot more altcoins paired with fiat money. Actually its impossible to pair more cryptocurrencies with fiat money, because they are so many. So its just take some time untill all those unecessary coins are disappear. Then the cryptomarket will be taken seriouse again.
mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:28:48 PM

Be optimistic because most of the member here are hoping for much better future of cryptocurrency. Why the other member here has a high rank still exist because of hope. Just think of it insted of thinking when bitcoin will gone just try to think what ypu can do to help the cryptocurrency even in the simple way.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:24:33 AM

Yes I think it could happen but if looking at the development of cryptocurrency maybe it will not happen in the near future,
I don’t think so that there will come any such time when altcoins must survive without the bitcoins as this is something which is more than impossible. In case this thing ever happens, then this will seriously harm the reputation of not only altcoins but all the crypto coins which are there in the world of the crypto currencies as it is none other than that of the bitcoin which is the backbone of all the coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: