Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of altcoins without Bitcoin  (Read 2316 times)
Shushale65

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:09:38 PM

First of all, this will probably never happen. And secondly, even if such a terrible event happens to bitcoin, altcoins will not die because most of the capitalization of cryptocurrencies will go to them.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:33:42 PM

there are only a few altcoins that will survive if BITCOIN crashes. otherwise 80% altcoin will die and not be used. because the level of value is very low and the developers do not continue the project. I think the altcoin that will survive is that have USD pair. such as Ethereum, NEO, LTC, WAVES, XRP, STR.
Adamant06

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:57:51 AM

First of all, this will probably never happen. And secondly, even if such a terrible event happens to bitcoin, altcoins will not die because most of the capitalization of cryptocurrencies will go to them.
I agree to that, even without bitcoin altcoins surely can survive. They will stand to their reputation as alternate coins of bitcoin and thats true that most of the capitalization will go to them. However,the existing of bitcoin in the crypto world is impossible to happen and even that happen I think that time we find already a substitute to bitcoin aside from altcoins. Well, were hope to see what may future brings.
diedvw96

Activity: 123

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:59:54 AM

Over the next 6-12 months we will see a massive increase in fiat support on exchanges. I think this will eventually lead to the end of alt prices being directly tied to BTC prices, and something similar to USDT / Tether being used to price alts.
BlueVelvet_

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:00:46 AM

I think if bitcoin crashes everything will obviously fall. Including eth. It will stay at that point for about a week until it settles. Even if that settlement point is at 0. Then you would see a rapid rise in eth and since eth would be the main trading pair the altcoins would follow. Everything would survive in the end. But honestly the only way btc crashes like that is if a unfixable bug is found in the code. But if it crashes there would be that turning point to Ethereum.
CryptoManiac3

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:15:57 AM

The market will always follow what bitcoin does since it's the main pairing to all alts. Etherium is nice but it doesn't have as much volume as Bitcoin has.

OH, you want to buy some xrp? gotta buy bitcoin first. Oh, you want to buy some trx? gotta buy some bitcoin first. etc.

And every time you sell bitcoin into ur altcoin, there's also a buyer who just sold his altcoin for ur bitcoin.

So if you want to break away from bitcoin in prices, you have to make more etheriums, more neos, more vens so ppl have more options to buy their altcoins.

Or better yet, pair them with USD, formerly USDT, but we see how that went.
L00n3y

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:16:21 AM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
First of all, there wouldn't be any altcoins if there was no bitcoin. BTC is the barometer of cryptocurrencies. Whether btc rises or falls almost everything in this industry follows, thus, i think that if btc ever do crashes then everything would follow.
Old God

Activity: 434
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:59:27 AM

Without Bitcoin it is not possible to survive in the market, both of them are necessary for each other, but for me bitcoin is like a digital gold, where u can keep your money, altcoins are made for interactions with ppl, services and other business.
DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:02:32 AM

Hello!

With the recent decrease in value of Bitcoin, the value of almost all the altcoins dropped too.
Now BTC is rising again and so are the altcoins.

I am thinking that if Bitcoin ever crashes, I mean completely drops to a very low value and when doesn't increase anymore.
Then the altcoins are going to drop too and won't have a high value anymore too, which means the cryptocurrency world will die.

Is my statement just nonsense or can it be correct?

I'm curious of what you all think will happen to the altcoins if BTC crashes for real.
First of all, there wouldn't be any altcoins if there was no bitcoin. BTC is the barometer of cryptocurrencies. Whether btc rises or falls almost everything in this industry follows, thus, i think that if btc ever do crashes then everything would follow.
It is said that Bitcoin is the foundation of all the coins in a crypto world and even in reality at current situation Altcoin's value will fall if Bitcoin goes down
but if ever Bitcoin crashes I think Altcoin will recover at a span of time and Ethereum as the second in the line coin will lead the way after bitcoin crashes.

Oleg88

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:39:25 AM

you're right! The dependence of altcoyins from Bitcoin is obvious! If the altcoyins already have developed working projects in the future, even if Bitcoin collapses, altcoyins with developed projects will remain.
InKiTy38

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:16:54 AM

Bitcoin was the first digital currency in 2008 in the context of the economy to enter the recession due to the bitcoin of some of the most successful ico programs. Without bitcoin, altcoin could still survive in and developed
canadinhano

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:26:27 AM

I think that if there is no BTC, the market will develop normally, if we put a lot of problems on BTC, maybe BTC will be king and BTC will cry for rain on the market Crypto.
Sermihal

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:45:01 AM

I think other strong altcoins will replace Bitcoin. For example, the Bitcoin cash or Ethereum. It is bad that all altcoins are tied to bitcoin and depend on it.
yesyes18

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:54:41 AM

It depends on the akts and they time they came in. For example old altcoins that were trading better when Bitcoin was soaring have dropped along with Bitcoin currently. The new ones are somehow better. So in case what you're saying happens(anyways i don't believe it's going ti happen), the old altcouns will sufffer greatly but I don't think everything will die off.

yunusseymen16

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:28:26 PM

I think that without bitcoin altcoins might have even more future than with it. Withou bitcoin altcoins have a chance to develop independantly without bitcoin regulations, and small coins have more chance to rise
Old God

Merit: 268

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:20:17 PM

It is very hard to expect anything with crypto markets. So dying of altcoins or even bitcoin is possible. But I think there are many altcoins that may survive without bitcoin, the ethereum for example is strong enough.
mahoni2100

Activity: 504
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:30:55 PM

When it comes to a fast-paced market, it always falls below gold, so efforts to take more cautious steps have been initiated and will continue to advance with more robust steps.

Fedrey

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:10:49 PM

When it comes to a fast-paced market, it always falls below gold, so efforts to take more cautious steps have been initiated and will continue to advance with more robust steps.
If the forecast that he saw ahead of time Bitcoin by capitalization will be a reality, then the novelties will quickly reorient the priorities. Perhaps the etherium will lead the ratings, and Bitcoin will be on the Lower steps.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:24:19 PM

If the forecast that he saw ahead of time Bitcoin by capitalization will be a reality, then the novelties will quickly reorient the priorities. Perhaps the etherium will lead the ratings, and Bitcoin will be on the Lower steps.
in any case, you need to use the current chance to buy coins at a cheap price. There are forecasts not only for eth, but also for the prospects of Bitcoin. But the professionals say that Bitcoin will still regain its last year's position.
altercreed

Merit: 101

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:30:58 AM

I couldn't imagine the existence of cryptoworld without the presence of bitcoin around. I believe that the crypto economy will never be the same again because we all know that bitcoin is the base crypto of all cryptocurrencies. It takes a long time for cryptoworld to recover and operate without bitcoin anymore, IMO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: