Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:18:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?  (Read 7671 times)
f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:42:11 PM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
each coin must have a risk then you should be prepared to accept the risk if something happens that is not in want, it's good if you share some of your money for coins that you like or that you think will be very beneficial later. you will likely get More profits than the coins you choose. But if you only choose 1 coin that you think is very good, maybe only a little advantage you can.
seymenyunus1654

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:48:03 PM

Depends on the risk you like to take. I hold most in 1 altcoin because i believe the price is to low right now and with the right moves i can skyrocket.
But it is very risky, even though i like the team and the tech a lot can go wrong , but it will have the best returns to be invested big.
gold1112

Activity: 196
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:54:49 PM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
My friend invested few months ago in some ico and he made some profit. Now he is investing in Nebula AI ico. I think he should do some profit from this too.
Mediator
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:59:42 PM

Depends on the risk you like to take. I hold most in 1 altcoin because i believe the price is to low right now and with the right moves i can skyrocket.
But it is very risky, even though i like the team and the tech a lot can go wrong , but it will have the best returns to be invested big.
if you want to decrease the risk of loss you have to hold some tokens instead of just one token, so that risk will decrease.
suppose holding 2 tokens, if 1 loss and 1 profit then you will not lose mate
Kang TB

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

Revolutionizing Reward Points

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:23:04 PM

It is double-edged sword. On the one hand, it is a risky, rules of investing says: don't put all eggs in the same place, but on the other hand, if you are so sure in this coin, don't hesitate to invest

nice quotes here with double-edged sword  Wink
because if the OP choose the right alt, the OP can make a big profit, but if not the OP will lose all his money

SHREW
     ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                
DISCOUNTED
PRE-SALE
LIVE NOW !
      ████
  ███
 ███
 ███
███
███
███
███
 ███
 ███
  ███
   ████
   Revolutionizing
         Reward Points  
████
  ███
   ███
   ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
    ███
   ███
   ███
  ███
████
       ▄███▄          ▄███▄             
    ███████         ▀▀███▌             
   ▐███████▌▄▄███████▄▄ ▀▀             
    ▀████████████████████▄             
      ▀█████████▀ ▄▄ ▀██████▄▄         
     ▐██████████▄ ▀▀ ▄██████████▄▄▄▄   
     ██████████████████████████████████
     ▐██████████████████████████▀▀▀▀   
      ▐███████████████████▀▀           
        ███████▀███████▀               
     ▄█  ████▀ ▄ ▀████  █▄             
    ███ ▐█▀  ▄███▄  ▀█▌ ▐██           
   ███     ▄███████▄     ███           
  ▐███   ▄▄ ▀▀███▀▀ ▄▄   ███▌         
  ▐████▄ ▀███▄▄ ▄▄███▀ ▄████▌         
   ▀█████▄ ▐███ ███▌ ▄█████▀           
     ▀████▌ ▐██ ██▌ ▐████▀             
        ▀▀           ▀▀                

BUY SHREW

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:49:02 PM

If you really like some project, you believe in it, do not invest money there. Need an objective analysis and no feelings. Those who are guided by feelings will lose their money.

Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:54:51 PM

If you really like some project, you believe in it, do not invest money there. Need an objective analysis and no feelings. Those who are guided by feelings will lose their money.

This is confusing to me...because after I did my research and liked the project then the "feelings" for the project comes.  That is when no matter what happens, you don't panic because of the strong belief in the project/coin.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 02:45:15 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2018, 01:54:42 AM by emmybd

There is nothing wrong in holding all your money in a single altcoin, if it is a more established altcoin such Ethereum, Litecoin, Neo, and Ripple. You can choose anyone of these, but i would suggest you choose Ethereum or Neo. But don't put all your money in a single shitcoin in the hope of getting huge profit in future. It would be very risky, you may lose everything.

bunnylegacy

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:59:33 PM

investing in 1 altcoin is really very risky, and it is better to follow more than 2 or 3 altcoin this will further increase your security in investing.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★       
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 30% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
cryptomeo

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:08:53 PM

Yes, i think it is too risky. But someone argued that's actually not much difference as most crypto shared the same risky proposition. Holding too many coins might made the portfolio harder to manage. Anywhere, i would prefer to building a portfolio with different coins just to diverse the rewards and risks.
eelectrick

Activity: 217
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:38:35 PM

If it's invested in a single altcoin other than Bitcoins, then it's super risky. If it were invested only in Bitcoins then I
wouldn't bother commenting if it's risky or not. There must be significant reason for attempting to culminate in such
a thing, the market is too volatile to leave things to chance or luck, you must research before deciding where and
what to invest in. Diversification of you $500 would be better than placing it all in a single altcoin. Try investing on
the stronger coins to improve your chances of profit in the future.
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:54:59 PM

If you are 100% sure and if some form of force majeure is ready to wait a long time then you can humiliate. I think the best half is in a coin of the top 40, and the other half in a new and promising coin in their opinion.
mahoni2100

Activity: 504
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:03:06 PM

it's logical that I'm already on this planet, but it's not worth it to be involved in multiple projects with such a low budget.

BitLendingClub

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:35:05 PM

Ye, it's risky. But I read mention that diversification is way to safe money but not to profit. If I spent enough time for investigation and do not use russian roulette it will an excellent investment. Not risk
Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:57:14 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Absolutely hell YES. Never put all eggs in one basket. If it's top 10, BTC, ETH then you have a bigger chance not to loose your money, but if it's altcoins, even dont think about it. Just seek for promissing projects with low price, like 0,01 - 0.1 per token. And your portfolio should be diverse. 500 dollars is not much, and not a little. Information above, about separation investment into parts, most of it investing in the top 10, and the rest in different altcoins is the most win-win in my opinion.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
Name: Claudio

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:28:41 PM

Yes it is, aside from Bitcoin it is, so if you want more opportunity that your money will bloom as it could then try to divide your money into different coins as you said make list from what you saw on exchange.
Cryptocucumber

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:47:55 AM

If you want to stay safe and 2x your investment, invest in eth, if you want to also stay safe but 20x your investment this year then invest in blockport (bpt)
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:31:26 AM

This is too risky. Divide your money and choose a coins that has a capacity to grow 3x  after a month. Choose 3 or more coins and make a research if it has a good background and many people invest in it too.

Huruharacorp

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:56:13 AM

If you want to stay safe and 2x your investment, invest in eth, if you want to also stay safe but 20x your investment this year then invest in blockport (bpt)
of course for immediate benefits can be suggested, I suggest to invest in large quantities as intial capital if you want to invest in ethereum. because for the profit is also much obtained when the price rises slightly
Shenrox

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:03:35 AM

of course for immediate benefits can be suggested, I suggest to invest in large quantities as intial capital if you want to invest in ethereum. because for the profit is also much obtained when the price rises slightly

Obviously that putting all your money on ethereum or bitcoin is not risky, but if you put all your money on a single altcoin that is a low cap coin, you are risking a lot, maybe you are taking too much risk for a single coin.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: