Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Was Bitcoin's Year. 2018 Will Be .......  (Read 1873 times)
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:42:44 PM

Bitcoin with it's high fees and slow transaction times is hardly suitable for payments – spending the same fee whether you buy a coffee or send $100,000 is a joke and the promise of scaling solutions such as the Lightning Network hasn’t been fulfilled.[1]

While there's no shortage of old and new believers to keep the party going, along with plenty of developers working to create better, forked versions of bitcoin, I’m betting my chips on a more flexible alternative.
The door is wide open for blockchains that use smart contracts, like ethereum,
[2] bitcoincash, litecoin and more......

2018 Will Be ....... Year’s? [Writer choose ethereum, what will be your choice?and why?]

Source:  [1] [2]
The next year 2018 is still going to be bitcoin's year . I agree that the fees and time are major deal breakers but still the market has always favored bitcoin and the investors always put there trust and money on the bitcoin market. So, thinking that any other coin can overtake bitcoin is not what you want cause that's not gonna happen , at least not in the next few years. Also, no doubt there are a lot of other coins in the market with better things to offer but a person new in this line would always try to invest in bitcoin as it is the most heard cryptocurrency all over the world .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Manyak

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:22:27 PM

Bitcoin with it's high fees and slow transaction times is hardly suitable for payments – spending the same fee whether you buy a coffee or send $100,000 is a joke and the promise of scaling solutions such as the Lightning Network hasn’t been fulfilled.[1]

While there's no shortage of old and new believers to keep the party going, along with plenty of developers working to create better, forked versions of bitcoin, I’m betting my chips on a more flexible alternative.

2018 Will Be ....... Year’s? [Writer choose ethereum, what will be your choice?and why?]

I will stick on Bitcoin coz I start here and it will be the last here in Bitcoin . I'm happy to do Bitcoin. I know they can earn a million there but we can also earn here that amount . Still I'm stick in bitcoin.
Sunyoto

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:07:56 PM

I think the bitcoin price at the end of 2017, it's quite a good price, but by next year 2018 it will be even higher, compared to the current year, even though bitcoin prices are now pretty good, this is an opportunity for investors to invest in bitcoin, as seen the price to come is very high I will get more profit. if you want to change your good life, you can invest in bitcoin to get more profit.
m9shn9sh

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:23:46 PM

Recently bitcoin proved to be the worst (long transactions and high commissions). If this is not corrected, then it seems to me that next year there will be alternatives to bitcoins.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:45:40 PM

Alothough bitcoin has not been a great way of payment and does not have a fast transaction time, it is still the best cryptocurrency to ivest in, bitcoin is and will forever be the crypto users's favorite, and that is reflected from its price and how it was able to reach crazy numbers this year, and since it became very popular thsi year many have invested their money in it, and that is why it will always emerge trimphthed, so maybe in 2018 we won't see a fast or a crazy growth like this year, but defiently it will always stay on top, and will always keep on growing.
imdabest239

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:48:35 PM

I think that the next year is going to be the booom for altcoins and ico's, i really can see that.
Bitcoin has already increased more than 18 times during this year, now it is the turn for altcoins.

contractus325

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:01:20 PM

I strlogly believe that bitcoin will still maintain a strong position in the currency market but other currencies may be as good as bitcoin. In my opinion, Etereum also has a chance to become one of the best currencies.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:48:33 PM

I think that the next year is going to be the booom for altcoins and ico's, i really can see that.
Bitcoin has already increased more than 18 times during this year, now it is the turn for altcoins.

I see bitcoin still making the topmost cryptocurrency coin but i also have high beliefs that altcoins are going to soar high this 2018.Bitcoin will not really lost its position being the most trusted and popular coin among others and next to it would be altcoins.There are also good potentials for some altcoins that even at the present year they are starting to make rooms to grow even better.

Noelnada

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:03:56 PM

Bitcoin will continue to be the gold standard of the crypto world in 2018. But I believe it will become more and more stable just like gold (some will be disappointed to see poor returns) Cheesy

So the next Bitcoin, I don't know, could be Litecoin (seems likely), could be DeepOnion (faster than Litecoin, anonymous, low total suply). Ethereum/Neo are probably going to be huge but not the main crypto-currency for exchanges.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
TexasofblackseA

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:52:50 PM

I think the year 2018 will be the year of assets created on waves and waves. Because investors will discover the advantages of non-centralized stock markets, this will be the stock market. This will increase the volume. The first non-decentralized stocks I estimate to increase the volume of Waves Dex.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:07:26 PM

We know it has always been Bitcoin and the others - altcoins, each having its own clear cut path to follow with aim of realizing the blockchain promises. So then, all these in fighting is baseless, Bitcoin gain is for all cryptocurrency enthusiasts, so also is that of Ethereum or any other altcoin or do we have any that does not hold at least two coins?

2017 is an impressive year for Bitcoin, but not without rubbing off on virtually all other coins, Ether inclusive. In the same vein, 2018 is going to be a year of consolidation and huge advancement. The issues with fees and confirmation time are such as every ground breaking discovery took, the road has never been without thorns. At any rate, Lighting Network is in the offing and once implemented would address those issues. Bitcoin remains the flagship coin and even now, it's apparent no altcoin have got what it takes to push Bitcoin aside.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:23:16 PM

I am not sure where the obsession of the forum with "year of" came from really. If something really goes well, I can't always say it is "the year of that something". Perhaps it was just really a good year for that something, be it bitcoins or some other altcoin.

Though if we are really just talking about which altcoin or will bitcoin have another good year, then I think bitcoins will again exceed expectations in 2018 and I am guessing there are some altcoins that would likely succeed. Aside from bitcoins, I would always place my bets on ETH as something that could replace bitcoins in the long run but that is a possibility that may not happen as I think bitcoins will always be the "internet gold".
adap-tek

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:43:58 AM

aslo Bitcoin Cheesy , because mainstream and a lot of people make bitcoin only ' cryptocurrency ' . so the main attention will be in bitcoin

Cardano, ADA is going to be a huge coin in 2018. I can see it over taking ETH. But never BTC.

I don't see that being the case, Cardano is a newcomer to the scene whereas ETH has been around a while. I think 2018 can be the year that ETH can pull itself close to bitcoin in terms of market cap and challenge for no 1 spot. I agree ADA will do well but not as well as you are predicting.

Fair point. However, it just takes CryptoKitties clogging the system on chain, another hack or some other fail for ETH to lose its spot.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:16:34 AM

I am not sure where the obsession of the forum with "year of" came from really. If something really goes well, I can't always say it is "the year of that something". Perhaps it was just really a good year for that something, be it bitcoins or some other altcoin.

Though if we are really just talking about which altcoin or will bitcoin have another good year, then I think bitcoins will again exceed expectations in 2018 and I am guessing there are some altcoins that would likely succeed. Aside from bitcoins, I would always place my bets on ETH as something that could replace bitcoins in the long run but that is a possibility that may not happen as I think bitcoins will always be the "internet gold".
Well it depend on bitcoin believer or maybe user that is really faithfull in bitcoin in a market based conclussion i believe that the greater the demend the higer its price back to the user or consumer same as in bitcoin world of investing bitcoin canreally fall down if  there will be no more people who have inerest on it bit i think it is hard not to tbink about botcoin today because it is really trending because we really gain in a verry simple way on it.I believe that 2018 will surpass the bitcoin fever in 2017 thise year is really amazing.
syahdurindu

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:28:10 AM

I think 2018 bitcoin will get higher and more and more people want to have bitcoin even though the price is high, because bitcoin is good for investment and good for extra work for people who need money for their life.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:07:01 AM

in my opinion, by 2018, bitcoin will be better than the previous year. well, the price will definitely grow, and no one can replace it. ETH may have potential, but for now, bitcoin is still getting better.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
I_Like_Dogs

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:08:15 AM

I agree with some people in here, i really believe that the next year will be a year full of opportunities for most altcoins who are on the market right now.

Forget about bitcoin for a while, this will be the huge year for altcoins, i am sure of that.

okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:02:52 AM

For me I think 2018 would still be bitcoin's year, and maybe a little some for other altcoins. But I am rooting more for bitcoin, not because its price was so high based on the previous year but because people are starting to get to know more about bitcoin and believe it is the future currency. So the more people are loyal to bitcoin the more chance it would go higher still, although I do like Ethereum to progress too like bitcoin which is my second choice next to bitcoin.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:12:13 AM

I believe that the year 2018 will be a year of acceptance of bitcoin as a means of payment by different stores. So I expect a lot of changes about bitcoin this coming 2018.
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:28:01 AM

This is truth that in the current time bitcoin is not better for making small Transaction and also to make fast transaction with low fee because we need to spend more than what we need to pay from another coin .
Here I know bitcoin is no more better to have for payment purpose but still I am always with bitcoin only because the main reason behind this factor that I know very well that team.of bitcoin blockchain technology is looking to make something new here ( day by day new new fork are direct indication ) , may be we can face big problem of unconfirmation with bitcoin transaction but still here we should see bitcoin is going to be more better than what another coin are .
But if you would ask my opinion for another Altcoin then I will say that it will be Digibyte Because have 40 times more speed than what another coins have in normal given in the same time .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████