Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:20:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. Short term  (Read 11499 times)
cryptodevs

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:36:56 AM

It depends on how much risk you can take,long term has more risk than short trades because the market is so volatile.
gikere

Activity: 171
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:47:34 AM

5% at least for short-term and 20% or more for long-term.
shiv06

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:12:58 AM

It is better to choose long term because it will gain more than the short term and Short term investment are more of a gambling, if the value goes down you would end in a big loss, while in long term it is constantly increasing for most of the trusted crypto,s.
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:19:16 AM

all my coins are now in the long term investment i don't know how the short term investment work or what coin will get me a good profit on the short term so yes i vote for the long term investment is the best way to get profit just choose the best projects around also don't forget about the hidden gems and always look for the developers and the development of a project
LUCKY21

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:30:52 AM

For long-term investment, you need to choose coins with good technology and the ability to make x2 on the coin price. If you trade in the short term, then earnings of 5-10% think it is quite acceptable. Long-term investment is suitable for those who do not have the opportunity to monitor the Crypto-currency market on a daily basis.
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:38:38 AM

How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Iin my portfolio, 50% consists of bitcoin and ethereum which i plan to hold for a long time and the rest is in btc that i will use to buy alts for trading or to buy some alts and hold it for a short term. I only give the alt 3 months maximum time frame to make a move upwards or else i will sell it and buy something else.

bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:43:50 AM

Long term portfolio are more profitable for one to invest in, this is because of the yield and maturity rate differs and normally any investment will be profitable when invested for long term.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:42:43 PM

If you are looking for security in your portfolio, long term investments are ideal, if you seek large profits in a short time obviously short term investments, it depends on the amount of investment, and your strategy. Remembering that to invest in the long term, the project, technology, community, has to be great.
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:59:39 PM

In the past I always believed in short term trading as best profit bringer in crypto. I was wrong. Year 2017 proved that long term holding for development or at least pump news is better..

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
kennyy2929

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:03:51 PM

i prefer long term. because i try short term and i always have a bad timing. so for now. i just hold.
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:11:02 PM

depending on the coin, maybe the safest long-term is Ethereum, Bitcoin and Ripple and short term you can look for altcoin that is being released and at the time the price is dump

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
iolite (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 12:23:50 PM

depending on the coin, maybe the safest long-term is Ethereum, Bitcoin and Ripple and short term you can look for altcoin that is being released and at the time the price is dump

Ripple is the most unsafe coin to invest in... last time went to 0.44$ in May and went down all the way to 0.1$ at some point. lost over X10 value compared to bitcoin until the recovery now which gods now how much it will last before Ripple (the company) sell their holdings ...
bamb

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:26:27 PM

The objectives and your profit expectation is what determine whether you will short your coin or go long! ALGORY.IO is one ICO you don't want to short! ALGORY is said to be the best ICO this January!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
misterj

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:30:02 PM

In my opinion, Long term and short term could be both be used at the same time. My example for this situation I am pertaining is bitcoin, bitcoin because your profit if you hold it for a long time is high and at the same time if sell it for a short time the profit still high enough that you could tell your capital grows. This is risky because you could not tell if a coin is best for long term or short term process that is why doing both lessen the risk.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:44:16 PM

I have around 70% in a long term folio and 30% at the short term one. When my short term portfolio grows up to 60-80% I redistribute funds to 70/30 again.

Barbosa56

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:01:38 PM

Long term - Flashcoin

>>>  https://twitter.com/Counter5612 <<<
16cLdfK6WB6SUx5SgeArtpndxK7ZsiP9fq
Lucky_U

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:08:51 PM

I think long term is more profitable if you invest in projects with a future potential and you trust in this projects. Usually in 1-2 years price of those projects go up huge.
kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:09:17 PM

The Long term is constantly more productive than here and now In the event that you have done some examination before venture. At whatever point I put resources into altcoins I intend to hold it for no less than three months previously offering and there are just couple of coins which I'm holding it for here and now and 90% of my venture are for long haul. Here and now is productive however not generally. I think here and now are for just whales and for beginner I encourage to stay with long term venture.
zackthemack

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:12:40 PM

Long term - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both are perfect assets.
Short term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.

no dude, cardano is really a long term project. they are developing and need time to deliver.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:14:29 PM

Ripple is the most unsafe coin to invest in... last time went to 0.44$ in May and went down all the way to 0.1$ at some point. lost over X10 value compared to bitcoin until the recovery now which gods now how much it will last before Ripple (the company) sell their holdings ...
Yeah ripple is not safe to invest on longer term because I expect the price of ripple will fall down soon.And the ripple popularity is happening due to the problem of bitcoin transaction fee,once the fee got lowered in bitcoin the people will start using bitcoins and the price of bitcoin also will bump in the coming days.Already the fee got significantly lowered from the period of Christmas but many people don't use segwit supported wallets which gives lower fee than ordinary wallets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: