Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:32:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. Short term  (Read 11488 times)
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:13:09 AM

Most of my choices now are long term, and even when I make short term speculations I do them with coins I am interested in long term, so the chances to lose are lower.

realsmans

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:22:23 AM

How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
Everything in our life is risk. I invest minimum for 1 year. Annually I withdraw 30% from each coin to fiat.

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
GhostGoblin

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:27:14 AM

I was initially short terming my coins for quick profit but found all of them kept going up so until i learn some adequate Technical analysis I have switched to just long terming a bunch of promising Altcoins with juicy road maps for this year.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:30:52 AM

Well it depends. Before I invest in coin. I normally do research from the research it will tell me if i will hold long term or short term
but basically when I invest little capital it will leave for long term but if it is huge capital I will do short them.
Best thing device a strategy
jelito

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:34:36 AM

depending on the coin, maybe the safest long-term is Ethereum, Bitcoin and Ripple and short term you can look for altcoin that is being released and at the time the price is dump

Ripple is the most unsafe coin to invest in... last time went to 0.44$ in May and went down all the way to 0.1$ at some point. lost over X10 value compared to bitcoin until the recovery now which gods now how much it will last before Ripple (the company) sell their holdings ...
Yeah ripple is not safe to invest on longer term because I expect the price of ripple will fall down soon.And the ripple popularity is happening due to the problem of bitcoin transaction fee,once the fee got lowered in bitcoin the people will start using bitcoins and the price of bitcoin also will bump in the coming days.Already the fee got significantly lowered from the period of Christmas but many people don't use segwit supported wallets which gives lower fee than ordinary wallets.

14 dollars does not seem as a low fee to me.

Why exactly do you expect the btc tx fee to go down?
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:35:43 AM

Well it depends. Before I invest in coin. I normally do research from the research it will tell me if i will hold long term or short term
but basically when I invest little capital it will leave for long term but if it is huge capital I will do short them.

This is correct. Before you invest in a certain coin, you already know why you did it and because of that you also know whether your investment in such a coin is for long term or short term. When you invest in Bitcoin or Ethereum or Waves for example, you know very well that all these coins will not easily go down and will acquire more value with time. So it is better if you hold them long term. But when you invest in coins that are not as solid as the ones mentioned, you may do so because there is a very big announcement or update that will for sure cause a big pump. But when the pump already happened, time to sell is the best thing to do.
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:58:11 AM

I'm mostly looking for long term investments. But time to time I'm making some arrangements on my portfolio.
kingjackoin

Activity: 104

In Crypto We Trust

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:27:14 AM

I think it would be better to invest on a long-term basis because short-term fluctuations, speculation, panic and commissions can lead to loss. When we look at the examples in the past, we have witnessed that many coins multiply in the long run.
OrangeII

Activity: 2100
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:31:11 AM

This is correct. Before you invest in a certain coin, you already know why you did it and because of that you also know whether your investment in such a coin is for long term or short term. When you invest in Bitcoin or Ethereum or Waves for example, you know very well that all these coins will not easily go down and will acquire more value with time. So it is better if you hold them long term. But when you invest in coins that are not as solid as the ones mentioned, you may do so because there is a very big announcement or update that will for sure cause a big pump. But when the pump already happened, time to sell is the best thing to do.
well, that would be great if you had a very fast response. holding it for a long time, or briefly, it all depends on the information, or the development being done by the developer. in altcoin, it all depends on it.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

lienfaye

Activity: 2954
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:44:37 AM

About 90% of my investment are for long term, i rarely monitor the price because i have specific time when to sell my coins and if the amount dont meet my expectation, i will still hold it.

However i take profit at times particularly in my btc investment just like in the past holiday season i withdrew 10% of my bitcoin to buy gifts.

1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:47:00 AM

I'm mostly looking for long term investments. But time to time I'm making some arrangements on my portfolio.
Most coins that are inside of Coinmarketcap won't last that long since they have a lot of whales trying to manipulate the price.

So, I guess my answer is that it depends on the coin.

OG member.
Brian Ray
mrcastelo

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:53:59 AM

I think you would gain more if you are in a long term than in short term, this is based on my opinion and experience. When I bought XRP last year 2017 and do not trade it I would have gotten more than what I have last year because the bitcoin last MAy 2017 is cheaper than today. You can bought more XRP in a 50 dollar worth of bitcoin last MAy 2017 than today in a 50 dollar worth of bitcoin for XRP. That is why I prefer long term than short term.
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:00:19 AM

if it requires quick funds using fast way just because trading also does not require a long time
only if trapped diangka below when we buy ya must be patient if not patient must be sold at that time but must suffer losses

nambunamba

Activity: 378

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:02:20 AM

How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
im doing a long term investment for sure you will gain some if you buy on right time and hold for a long time. i plan to hold xlm until  may 2018. i believe it could be 2$ or atleast more than 1 $. short term investment is good too but too risky and it takes a lot of time to monitoring the market value.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Magister Magus

Activity: 328
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:14:15 AM

I think that "long term" is a nonsense word in crypto world. Anything is moving so fast that it's crazy to make prediction day by day.
I have a good experiencd in forex, and movement that you usually see in a year, in crypto happen in a week or less.
So, gain what you can today, and don't think "long term".

▂▂▃▅▇ EVO - THE WORLD OF SELF-DEVELOPMENT ▇▅▃▂▂
MEDIUM    ●  LINKEDIN  ●TELEGRAM ◄  Blockchain platform for assessing and developing human skills  ▶ TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK  ●
WHITEPAPER
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:17:19 AM

I am not at all investing for short term after experiencing lots of bad movements now I am focusing on long term and fixing my maximum profit now my 100% investment goes towards long term investment.
tutchpa

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

CV proof..best project 2018

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:24:58 AM

very difficult question to answer.its depends on the project and your money urgency.but overall genaral answer is long time holding is the best.specially for solid currencies like bitcoin,etherium , ripple,sia,monero, lite coin and etc you better hold them for long time untill u want some money.if you have some airdroped projects or coins without much reputation or much detais you better sell them once you got enough profit(airdrops are always profit .i mean once you noticed a significant bull run..sell it as soon as possible).because majority of airdrops coins are not well established solid projects.so you can sell them and invest money you got for another good project.this is just a idea.any body cant force you to sell or hold your coins.because you are the owner of your your coins and you can do anything to your coins at any time.mainly its depend on your money urgency.i  shared just my experiance.(keep in mind im a newbie to field and heard about cryptocurrency just 4 months ago )

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS   ◆   [Join ICO Now]   ◆   Whitepaper / ANN Thread   ◆   TFSTL
Darwin123

Activity: 124

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:44:34 AM

Long term - Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both are perfect assets.
Short term - altcoins like Ripple, Cardano and IOTA that are good for trading and buying something.

Yes thats the best combination of short and long term investment, but theres other people that they have their own idea about long and short term, but me thats the best way of investing or hold.
shigeo_tokuda69

Activity: 170
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:46:18 AM

sometime the longer you hold your coin is good for your investment because i believe that the price of every single coin will climb up. just be patience. but if you feel enough with the price you can sell it as well. it depends on you.
M0N3YMAGNET

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:48:12 AM

Easy - BTC Core, ICX, Wanchain (when it comes out) AVT, 0x Protocol, Stealth, Ruby, Ethos (Wallet), Presearch, Tierion, District 0x.
I also like XMR for privacy, ZenCash, Pillar.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: