Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2024, 11:13:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2924 times)
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:16:29 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 08:34:41 PM by BartS

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

This is only going to get even more common as time passes, the greed of the people is going to make them to send those documents to people that they do not really know, this is why I am never going to participate in a project that ask for my information, not only because I care about my privacy but because there are so many scams going on in the forum and in this market that it is very difficult to distinguish which project is real in which project is a scam.
Kseniya17

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 07:35:07 PM

Everyone who is afraid of giving their data can not participate in companies where there is KYC, of course there are no guarantees that the company will not use your personal data
MNtrio

Activity: 248

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:30:32 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

Yeah I agree.They having a lot of information to us.And we know if they controlled on it.This is really unsafety move abput KYC infact for the last years they never impl3mented it.
Pelana vreo

Activity: 744

Syntrum.com

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:51:43 PM

I never gave my identity for airdrop.but this is confusing, we are obliged to fill out the KYC forms on the exchanges and ICO projects, there is no problem if they maintain our identity safely and they do not abuse our identity.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:57:25 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

I hope the KYC for exchanges and ICO's that I joined were safe. Some bounties do KYC as well.
Be careful with your personal data everyone!
bryle10

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:19:03 PM

for me
this is not a scam because we know that before you can make KYC you need the requirments such as valid IDs and proof of payment. if you're a scam it's not true that people just made the scam for you to fall victim to.
OpenCryptoSystem

Activity: 182
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:48:11 PM

Kyc not needed !!
Thats it end of the talk
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:47:20 PM

Indeed, many people give their personal data into the hands of scammers and the worst and funny thing is that it happens even in order to take part in the airdrop company.

hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:51:51 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 
Sure, companies shouldn't use your ID without permission but what exactly can they do with this information and how it can harm you?
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:57:58 PM

I hope the KYC for exchanges and ICO's that I joined were safe. Some bounties do KYC as well.
Be careful with your personal data everyone!
KYC for exchange has been common now for those well known businesses they needed to implement rules and for us to use their platform we needed to comply, but for ICO's and bounties we should think wiser and always be in our safe positions as many projects are been scamming lately its needed to be
more careful proving personal information.
OpenCryptoSystem

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:45:15 PM

The ones who asking you to provide kyc are the secret agents who work for the goverment 100% yes they pretending to be just innocent crypto enthusiast.. but no !!

What we must undestood is this if someone is using your kyc to do something bad or creating the fake identity document he must have the knowledge and support by law enforcement or secret services !!

World biggest fake document providers are the secret service agents their selfes !!

Yes they can pretend like they are some criminals and street wise... but they are not !!

They are very informed and skilled people.
Dont think the criminals do criminal activities nop... they are not some poor criminals who try to make some money, they are well informed and very organized people.

Offcourse we dont know who they are because they know how to look like average joe.
But in fact they are not !!

So people stop this foolish thinking like btc has made by some free thinkers .... the whole crypto currency is made by goverment and its fully supported by the goverment.
And identy scams happening only for one reasons... to make you proof your identy even more !!

BETAWI

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:54:37 PM

Certainly very dangerous if KYC is misused for fraud or other crimes. KYC is an important document about someone's personal data that should be for official and real purposes. Beware of anticipating every request or requirement using KYC!!
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:01:23 PM

I dont trust ico teams anymore. even if they are very well known in social media or in this ecosystem, i don't risk my personal details. i dont give my private information to anybody. because i have seen that some people sold passport details of ico participants.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:03:07 PM

The ones who asking you to provide kyc are the secret agents who work for the goverment 100% yes they pretending to be just innocent crypto enthusiast.. but no !!

What we must undestood is this if someone is using your kyc to do something bad or creating the fake identity document he must have the knowledge and support by law enforcement or secret services !!

World biggest fake document providers are the secret service agents their selfes !!

Yes they can pretend like they are some criminals and street wise... but they are not !!

They are very informed and skilled people.
Dont think the criminals do criminal activities nop... they are not some poor criminals who try to make some money, they are well informed and very organized people.

Offcourse we dont know who they are because they know how to look like average joe.
But in fact they are not !!

So people stop this foolish thinking like btc has made by some free thinkers .... the whole crypto currency is made by goverment and its fully supported by the goverment.
And identy scams happening only for one reasons... to make you proof your identy even more !!

Even if you are right, your thoughts look paranoid.
I avoid the KYC. For bounty hunters with heads, some projects are rather vile. They announce the necessity for the KYC at the end of bounty. I see this as a sign of fraud, nothing more.

biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:03:27 PM

that's a number of reasons that make me discouraged from filling in kyc. because self-identity is a privacy that other people should not know. for me a bounty, just with wallet and also bitcointalk and telegram profiles.
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:04:28 PM

Well, there is a lot of new information starting now, because now the market really is full of projects that steal our data and then send it or sell it, I do not know for sure, but it seems to me, because there are places where there are a lot of things.
Go jack1

Activity: 219
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:08:59 PM

be careful with the use of KYC because it can later be misused by irresponsible people. I hope you have to be more careful about the use of this kyc ... and keep in mind that now is the biggest scam season where many projects are not responsible
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:18:34 PM

This have been discussed to many times, but for those who are reading this for the first time- DO NOT DO KYC FOR BOUNTY.

Red flag is that they are attempting to collect kyc data on their own website ,this is just absurd, dont go for that.
If their are legit, they will use respecting KYC company to do this work who will protect the data.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
zander09

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:30:16 PM

This have been discussed to many times, but for those who are reading this for the first time- DO NOT DO KYC FOR BOUNTY.

Red flag is that they are attempting to collect kyc data on their own website ,this is just absurd, dont go for that.
If their are legit, they will use respecting KYC company to do this work who will protect the data.

Mate, there's purposes why other bounty campaigns required KYC for bounty participants to get the bounty rewards. First is we know that there are many member are cheaters by using multiple account.  If you don't want to do KYC it is up to you, find the project that don't need KYC.
OpenCryptoSystem

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:12:22 PM

What cheaters Huh?
This tokens are free bounty tokens are freee.
Anyone can make their own tokens and then sell it !!
Or you can even give away for free.

Cheaters?? Who cares tokens are for free, you tokens creators selling this tokens for  fiat, btc, eth ltc.
Mostly the tokens you sell making you a lot profit allready.

To asking kyc is not reasonble here.

No kyc is only right way !!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: