Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:45:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple (XRP) is a shame to the crypto-community.  (Read 2115 times)
g___

Activity: 273
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:52:08 PM

i'm not investing on it because it's a centralized coin

yup, same way i feel about bitcoin 👍
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hanablue

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:11:14 PM

Ripple is a great technology and it will be on a much higher price after some time, Its worth to grab Ripples at this price.
zokora

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:13:35 PM

I agree, Ripple is just an altcoin investment for newbies. Newbies are interested in crpyptocurrencies however they can not totally imagine a world without banks or any authority. They think that blockchain is a good technology but we have to use it with banks, so they buy XRP in altcoin bull seasons. That is why XRP Ripple is the first rising altcoin in every bull season. But they buy at top and become bagholders eventually.

We are trying to build a decentralised economic system which allow peer to peer payment, and ripple is just a buy-sell profit taking altcoin in this concept.
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:14:10 PM

Ripple is a great technology and it will be on a much higher price after some time, Its worth to grab Ripples at this price.
The technology behind Ripple is alright at best. There is not much projects that would want to copy the Ripple source code.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CoinArt

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:14:40 PM

Centralized garbage.
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:18:57 PM

Great technology and goodwill betwen worldwide fiat money tranfers and some banks. Japan and SouthKorean for exemple. WesternUnion and MoneyGram.
That mean Ripple is much better then simple token/ cryptocurrency

Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:22:25 PM

that is the complete the opposite of what is spreading among the crypto community i think that this alt is gaining traction among investors so i think has a future and in the next months we will see a complete turnover to its price. just my opinion.
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:27:23 PM

https://ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/

5. Is the XRP Ledger centralized?
This is a top misconception with the XRP Ledger. Centralization implies that a single entity controls the Ledger. While Ripple contributes to the open-source code of the XRP Ledger, we don’t own, control, or administer the XRP Ledger. The XRP Ledger is decentralized. If Ripple ceased to exist, the XRP Ledger would continue to exist.

Ripple has an interest in supporting the XRP Ledger for several reasons, including contributing to the longer-term strategy to encourage the use of XRP as a liquidity tool for financial institutions. Decentralization of the XRP Ledger is an ongoing process that started right at its inception. In May 2017, we publicly shared our decentralization strategy.

First, we announced plans to continue to diversify validators on the XRP Ledger, which we expanded to 55 validator nodes in July 2017. We also shared plans to add attested validators to Unique Node Lists (UNLs), and announced over the course of 2017 and 2018, for every two attested third-party validating nodes that meet the objective criteria mentioned above, we will remove one validating node operated by Ripple, until no entity operates a majority of trusted nodes on the XRP Ledger.

We believe these efforts will increase the XRP Ledger’s enterprise-grade resiliency and robustness, leading to XRP’s continued adoption as the best digital asset for payments.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:38:51 PM

Do you have some reference eon your comment that it is made by banksters or it is easily manipulated?
I think that it is not easily manipulated because they did freeze large amount of ripple in cod wallet thus it has some price "support"

I think that ripple is good example of cryptocurrency capabilities , Is there any other currency that can beat Ripple in speed and amount?

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
GR92

Activity: 126
Merit: 90

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:30:23 PM

I'm absolutely agree with you topicstarter!!Ripple is not a true cryptocurrency!
CryptoJoel

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:40:43 PM

I'm absolutely agree with you topicstarter!!Ripple is not a true cryptocurrency!

Does its designation as a cryptocurrency or not really matter?  That fact is that it has a utilization that works and works well. 
Mzai620

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:43:21 PM

dont know why this is giving you headache. we all know that XRP price is being manipulated. not only XRP but also other cryptocurrency especially the altcoin token. many of them are tipped off. that shows technically that some dev probably those that have highest percentage distribution might influence the price of any coin if they want to. It is XRP turn now so if you buy xrp when it price is low then enjoy the pump while the offer last. but remember nother last forever
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:47:05 PM

yall xrp haters just a bunch of sheeps. Just b/c a bunch of libertarians don't like xrp, doesn't mean you newbies should agree with them,  Do your own research and read up on xrp instead of being sheeps that missed the xrp boat.  So far all the xrp criticism have been false or very low quality arguments.
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:52:59 PM

Ok, ripple are a company, but xrp ledger are decentralized. +best transaction speed.  fact, that  banks will use ripple doesn't mean, that xrp is garbage

Vansire

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:02:51 AM

If you hate things about Ripple you should stop hating and start improving the coins you love instead. Are there really things about Ripple that are threatening crypto, or is it jealousy or an eyesore? Maybe you would have preferred banks use Bitcoin? That's simply unrealistic, you know how slow and expensive on-chain transactions are. That could change with Lightining but that to is being scrutinized by some in the crypto community. Anyway I'm still not convinced banks are crypto friendly, in a sense they're being disrupted so of course they choose the one tech that doesn't involve too much change to their power and business model. In the meantime crypto developers just have to keep on disrupting.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Apekool

Activity: 126
Merit: 13

The internet > you

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:23:34 PM

Love to read this. I was forced to sell at some point because of bills, when it was 2,75-3. So glad I wasn't stubborn and held on to it.

blazingshockwave

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:26:37 PM

It's getting way too much attention for how shady it is.

You people do know it was created by banksters right?

You do realize, it's one of the most responsibly manipulated assets in the crypto scene right?

You people realize we are trying to get away from banksters influence, right?

Or are you all so drawn in by easy money, you disregard your morals and values?

Disgusting.
Don't expect that bankers will go and fade. This crooks wil find a way to make money and they will ride the tide of cryptourrency. You cannot blame the traders for buying XRP as long as they don't have a plan to hold it because holding it is like a  piece of rock that you smash in your head.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
PadenoM

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:28:12 PM

yes i agree let's all unify against the XRP, this a bank tool, they are trying to ruined the world, do not let them ruin crypto world
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:38:30 PM

yes i agree let's all unify against the XRP, this a bank tool, they are trying to ruined the world, do not let them ruin crypto world

Many people on bitcointalk seem to have a negative view on ripple already.  Grin
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:41:52 PM

Well so many people who invested in ripple when its value was what ot is now must have made good return despite it current decline from its previous height in the history of crypto currency. Some of us strongly believe that ripple will soon bounce back from its current market down fall.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: