Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:01:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread!  (Read 34140 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:56:40 AM

I don’t understand why people jump off raven , i have around 12 1080ti 1070ti and 1070 mix rigs on raven
the last two months , price has been steady and diff is even dropping , lowesr i mined was 3000 a day now im at 5k a day with the same hash , thats near $160 a day which is double what i earned doing eth. and 1/3 more on anything else, its steady consistent and easy, I might buy some lux mine a bit of peigon but profits on raven has only been getting better i have around 900 mhs

Wow that is incredible. What miner are you using? I am using enemy miner with 6 1070s and 6 1060s. I can only get 400 - 500 each day. What am I missing?

Use "z-enemy-v1.08" for best results

Correct I am using z-enemy v 1.08

Currently its faster than suprnova X16R/S miner - and its also a powerful PHI miner

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:52:59 AM

I don’t understand why people jump off raven , i have around 12 1080ti 1070ti and 1070 mix rigs on raven
the last two months , price has been steady and diff is even dropping , lowesr i mined was 3000 a day now im at 5k a day with the same hash , thats near $160 a day which is double what i earned doing eth. and 1/3 more on anything else, its steady consistent and easy, I might buy some lux mine a bit of peigon but profits on raven has only been getting better i have around 900 mhs

Wow that is incredible. What miner are you using? I am using enemy miner with 6 1070s and 6 1060s. I can only get 400 - 500 each day. What am I missing?

Use "z-enemy-v1.08" for best results

Currently its faster than suprnova X16R/S miner - and its also a powerful PHI miner
you have intel phi? what model? I am thinking of diversifying into intel 7220s for monero
mining , ive seen them as low as $459 on ebay and they are said to do 2800 h/s

they can also mine other stuff? I would love to teyin them on zcoin and zoin too
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 08:22:33 AM

Ill try and dig it out and see how it goes...  but, IDK... Ill give it another chance.

I am about fed up with Visual Studio....  

I am now getting nothing but cuda compile errors because the version is not compatible?!?  Must be VS2017, but it is VS2017... so WTF...

Try to compile under VS2015;  error, v141 not available, only v140 installed...

I need to figure out where my folly is;  maybe run the VS2017 installer again, and select both v140 and v141 configs?   IDK... I remember having to initially install make/build V140 to build the XMR stak release (which won't build the CUDA DLL's anymore thank you very much)... but I thought VS2015 has 140 and you needed to upgrade to 2017 to get 141....   yet;  the build notes for kloust ccminer states to use VS2015.

I swear;  some of these guys whom want you to build them software constantly don't understand the nuances of compiling sources from different people...

Now;  had I been building it in linux;  the .sh files would have handled much of the mess for anyone.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:48:29 AM

Ill try and dig it out and see how it goes...  but, IDK... Ill give it another chance.

I am about fed up with Visual Studio....  

I am now getting nothing but cuda compile errors because the version is not compatible?!?  Must be VS2017, but it is VS2017... so WTF...

Try to compile under VS2015;  error, v141 not available, only v140 installed...

I need to figure out where my folly is;  maybe run the VS2017 installer again, and select both v140 and v141 configs?   IDK... I remember having to initially install make/build V140 to build the XMR stak release (which won't build the CUDA DLL's anymore thank you very much)... but I thought VS2015 has 140 and you needed to upgrade to 2017 to get 141....   yet;  the build notes for kloust ccminer states to use VS2015.

I swear;  some of these guys whom want you to build them software constantly don't understand the nuances of compiling sources from different people...

Now;  had I been building it in linux;  the .sh files would have handled much of the mess for anyone.

JK -- 4 letter word..... SMOS.... you will have good nights sleep.

@Marvell2 -- I dont have any CPU rigs. I know that Cryptonite and Neoscrypt can be mined via Ryzen with good results. However I dont think this is feasible anymore because Claymore's latest project is a kickass Neoscrypt miner for AMD GPUs, including Vegas - I am currently testing it and its a winner vs GTX GPUs. I am keeping track with Claymore thread on his latest project. I only have 2 x Vegas64 left after selling 8 Vegas to one of my buddies last month. The miner is driving the Vegas hard at 200w and runs hot.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 09:52:50 AM

JK -- 4 letter word..... SMOS.... you will have good nights sleep.
oah I get ya.... don't get me wrong...

but ive focused on the windows side;  because there seem to be soo many more people left without help on that end compared to linux....   Plus;  I am an open source kinda guy... fees/taxes... I get enough of that living in the US where you get taxed when you die...  also windows is what I know most.   I used to be a certified network technician, doing Covad fiber and DSL network installs all over the bay.... you'd be surprised at how prevalent windows was compared to linux at major network hubs and companies.

I despise devfee miners for some very specific reasons.  Their behavior causes problems is the most prominent reasons.  Its my goal to compile if I can.   It IS possible, so I take it as a challenge.  I have the brains, I just need to apply them.

At some point;  I will install SMOS on a machine but im not a fan of buying software for every machine, when I could do it myself if I properly apply my skills.  When I switch to linux on my miners;  I will probably still want to compile sources myself and control the system 100% in the end.....   But yeah, at some point I will try out SMOS on a machine.   I plan to plop it on a SATA drive and use it in my ONDA.  When I pay off the truck and have the spare cash, Ill be buying a handfull of 1080's off a friend of mine.  He's make hand over fits off them, and I get first dibs on his selloff... not to mention my % when I hosted them etc =)

My ultimate goal now with the D8P is to put a WWAN card in the mSATA slot (I have a sim adapter to use it properly), and have it be a self-contained miner that dubbs as a cellular internet local ISP for the rest of the miners able to connect to it.    I have a goal of "satellite" portable GPU rigs that can be set up anywhere power is best to plug it in;  given the power plan we have in the future goal for our farm.   We have a route to lease space that include a ~50A 220v line for ~300-450/mo.... but our systems would need to be completely wireless.  No utilities but power and water available...    If they knew what it was being used for;  OMG... lol.  But its a legit method to get cheap electricity...  And its got locations all over that you can choose from....   Its our little secret method... I'm surprised people already haven't done it... but the conditions for the equipment will dictate constant checks and environment quality systems be installed.

Anyways..  Ive been serving my internet connection at home in a similar way;  I am just trying to make a small tight package for my own "gorilla" mining network/farm in the end.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

teskostecenje

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:28:15 PM

Just kept on zec it turns a small profit steady.
Im still that way on xevan.  I am in the process of finding an open source equihash miner that I can compile myself and not have the BS devfees and extra nonsense like EWBF's trojans....  Stay tuned for that.  I have yet (to this day) mine anything equihash for longer than a 6-12 hour test.  Everything else has always been more profitable.

Doing the ~month on RVN was a bad idea.   Came out with pennies comparatively.  not even gonna consider barely-listed coins for a while.

I have noticed xevan profitability dwindling;  I smell an under the curtains ASIC at play possibly...  The timing is seeming about right.....

saw the new yescryptR16 thing.... just today.   Looking at its short run (read its thread)... and how fast it made it to the GPU side... quite a day and age we are living in right now.  I plan to attempt to compile the source that turns a 150Kh miner into a 500Kh miner tonight; and give it a whirl on my machine at home.  zpool has a stratum port for the algo... so Ill report back my thoughts once/if I get some success/failures.  Hopefully I can get this one licked as easy as I got the XMR fork compiled.  If worthy;  ill add it to my mminer batch configs and push an update for it.

Ended up being asked to come back to my old job to work as a Surveyor again for nearly 2x the pay.... couldn't refuse.... been keeping my weekdays rather solid with little time for myself.   Their main guy moved on to greener pastures, and they really need the help.   The $$$ is good as well, because I am no longer dependent on my mining revenue to pay the bills.   I am actually saving BTC now instead of spending it as it comes in.... my last BTC purchase was to spotswood for a frame, just because BTC was the best method of payment....   and my exchange accounts have been doing rather well recently.  No bots needed.

I hope to try and keep my presence, projects and activities here as on track as I am able to....   It's been a long week, I usually don't leave the office until 7PM.... I'm shitting out corner records and records of survey to submit to the county at record pace......

Maybe because we found out about some other way more profitable coin then raven Wink Also going long on raven isnt really that smart because inflation is killing the price(7 mill coins mined per day)and untill october nothing special will happen to raven,you probably can sell it now and buy back for at least 1/3 of the price in few months
martyroz

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:28:20 PM

Hi all. Long time no chat Smiley

I have set all my rigs to nicehash - equihash (nvidia) and cryptonite_v7 (vega) for the last 4 months. Basically they have hummed away with absolutely no management required by me, except the cryptonight fork.

I'm sitting at 90% BTC as a low risk position. I don't have time to micromanage the fledgling high-risk/reward stuff.

Has there been any great advances for 'nicehash' style miners who want to accumulate BTC?

my set-up is;

1*Windows rig running NHM 2.0
2*Windows rig running CAST-XMR @ nicehash
4*Linux rig running nvOC @ nice_equihash
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:08:48 AM

I quit a 120k job muself to mine full time, kinda thinking of getting andother development job lower stress and lower paying too so i can managbe my gear still and hodl more coins

Thats a big move buddy. How huge is your mining operation? Curious to know how much of mining revenue one would consider enough to quit a regular job.

Whats worrying most is what do you think you'll do when ETH goes POS and mining dies altogether. Will you have enough money to last the rest of your life after mining?

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:16:44 AM

I quit a 120k job muself to mine full time, kinda thinking of getting andother development job lower stress and lower paying too so i can managbe my gear still and hodl more coins

Thats a big move buddy. How huge is your mining operation? Curious to know how much of mining revenue one would consider enough to quit a regular job.

Whats worrying most is what do you think you'll do when ETH goes POS and mining dies altogether. Will you have enough money to last the rest of your life after mining?

Back in 2012-2013 there were many people that did the same move.

Their quit their job to mine full time. And you are probably thinking. What if mining becomes unprofitable? Usually they were very old adopters and had hundreds of BTC in their wallets so they weren't worried.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Marvell2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:58:24 AM

my operation is medium, around 300 gpus 15 asics , i also traded ans made nice chunks off icos
so its not all mining revenue, probably pull in about the same amount of money i made working

without the stress
Marvell2

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:02:17 AM

Their quit their job to mine full time. And you are probably thinking. What if mining becomes unprofitable? Usually they were very old adopters and had hundreds of BTC in their wallets so they weren't worried.

Im not a super early adopter, started mining scrypt in 2013 then sold all gear and came back before the eth. pump

all my hardware is paid off , im not worried about profitability dropping even when prices are low i make enough to pay for power and bills since im a garage miner.  Im not holding much coin tho atm which is risky , but now with profits going back up i can start speculating again
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:33:37 AM

Im not a super early adopter, started mining scrypt in 2013 then sold all gear and came back before the eth. pump

all my hardware is paid off , im not worried about profitability dropping even when prices are low i make enough to pay for power and bills since im a garage miner.  Im not holding much coin tho atm which is risky , but now with profits going back up i can start speculating again

Back in 2013 I met an individual locally who I found on Craigslist who was selling an Radeon 7950 at a fair uninflated price. This was back when LTC was going nuts.

The GPU seemed cheap I assumed it might be broken actually.

But after talking with the guy it turns out he used to mine BTC with GPUs back in the day. And he decided to just retire from mining because he had so much BTC that even if he mined for an entire year he wouldn't even make 1% of his crypto worth.

He said that the constant worry of burning down his house, constantly monitoring and restarting rigs, constant checking for new shitcoins to mine, constant heat and constant noise complaints from his girlfriend. He just said it wasn't worth it to him.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:06:21 AM
Merited by rod1234 (3)

Hey all,

Hope profits were in your favor lately, ive been out of the loop on mining, ive kinda fallen into a back burner farmer and have spent more time in my real estate business ive been slowly building up as i obtain rental properties. The mining and bots have been a nice and steady income for me to fall back on during the slower months when very little houses are available on the wholesale market to purchase.

Updates on the farm, up till this weekend the water loop peaked 60c on a 94F day here in Florida, so i spent the weekend extending my loop another 1000ft with more pex tube, ive decided im not ready to add radiators and fans into the farm again, im seeing how far i can run this off geothermal alone on the cooling, the addon 1000ft i buried it about twice the depth compared to the first loop i installed on the system and connected it all up and got it running Sunday about mid-day. The temp outside was 91F and the loop was only peaking 46c with the reconnect, but the system only saw the 91F for a few hours at most with the addon. I am trying to get ready for the upcoming approaching summer temps....

The mining hardware has been rock stable, i made a huge adjustment in the way the mining is implemented on my rigs, previously i had all the rigs setup farming as group of cards and after talking with someone who is a much larger farmer than im currently at, he experimented with solo-card farming and found it made his rigs more stable and made troubling cards stick out far easier, allowing for diagnosing to be easier. I ungrouped all my rigs and now have the GPU's mining solo, with their own specific benchmark settings to determine which algo is best for it to switch to. So a 6 card rig has 6 individual miners doing their own thing, mining their own algo's based on individual benchmark settings. Some huge takeaways from this, is that the rigs that i was having random lockups/hiccups on, the rig itself no longer goes down as a whole with miners not loading due to cards greyed out or frozen, now only the GPU on those rigs that is causing the headaches is locking up and the rest is just happily farming away. I also installed a TV in my office that runs off an amazon firestick, which is web browsed to my awesome miner display via the local host, i have it setup on the simple dashboard that only shows the amount of GPU's mining and estimation of profits, so if i look up at that screen i can quickly see if a GPU is down from the number changing... then i look into which GPU it is and proceed from there... 

In regards to the bots, boy they have been killing it, this month has been a huge month for me and i think it boils down to all the time ive spent adjusting the settings for every pair i trade, im currently up to 110 pairs charted out and settings inputted for trading...
Example: Just since midnight and its coming up on 6am, im already up like 1.7% with the one bot in profit for the day.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:01:58 AM

@Marvell2 -- I dont have any CPU rigs. I know that Cryptonite and Neoscrypt can be mined via Ryzen with good results. However I dont think this is feasible anymore because Claymore's latest project is a kickass Neoscrypt miner for AMD GPUs, including Vegas - I am currently testing it and its a winner vs GTX GPUs. I am keeping track with Claymore thread on his latest project. I only have 2 x Vegas64 left after selling 8 Vegas to one of my buddies last month. The miner is driving the Vegas hard at 200w and runs hot.
I haven't really kept abreast with that thread for the simple reason that my 6x Vega rig is "only" powered by a 1500W PSU. Going full beans Neoscrypt (+50% power limit) as per Claymore's suggestions would drive the Vegas a lot harder than 200W actually. We're  talking a lot closer to 300. So I'd have to actually lower my PL to mine NeoScrypt on the Vegas, which kinda lowers hashrate quite substantially.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:52:52 AM

I haven't really kept abreast with that thread for the simple reason that my 6x Vega rig is "only" powered by a 1500W PSU. Going full beans Neoscrypt (+50% power limit) as per Claymore's suggestions would drive the Vegas a lot harder than 200W actually. We're  talking a lot closer to 300. So I'd have to actually lower my PL to mine NeoScrypt on the Vegas, which kinda lowers hashrate quite substantially.

The Vega64 was at full Armageddon mode at 100% max fans - in my early testing, I am surprised that Claymore can make it go flat out like that. I am back to CN7 w/cast Vega64 miner -- good profits this CN7.

@Storx, started PT2/Bittrex close to about a week now ~ Day 5, total profits just under 1k ~ avg profits 1.6%-2.2%. past few days was quite good with several good (lucky?) trades. Starting balance of 1 BTC, Max $500 per trade. Adjusted buy/sell spread +20%, using LOWBB & RSI buy strategies and GAIN sell strategies. High learning curve this bot, but somewhat manageable compared to the other bots. Thanks to Discord group and burning the midnight oil reading the wiki and TA resources and strategies - I think I have fine-tuned the bot with optimized "safe and steady" parameters - ready to be sent to a VPS and let the bot do its thing. I am tempted to get a few bots to work on different market scenarios.

Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:26:20 PM

The Vega64 was at full Armageddon mode at 100% max fans - in my early testing, I am surprised that Claymore can make it go flat out like that. I am back to CN7 w/cast Vega64 miner -- good profits this CN7.

@Storx, started PT2/Bittrex close to about a week now ~ Day 5, total profits just under 1k ~ avg profits 1.6%-2.2%. past few days was quite good with several good (lucky?) trades. Starting balance of 1 BTC, Max $500 per trade. Adjusted buy/sell spread +20%, using LOWBB & RSI buy strategies and GAIN sell strategies. High learning curve this bot, but somewhat manageable compared to the other bots. Thanks to Discord group and burning the midnight oil reading the wiki and TA resources and strategies - I think I have fine-tuned the bot with optimized "safe and steady" parameters - ready to be sent to a VPS and let the bot do its thing. I am tempted to get a few bots to work on different market scenarios.

Thats awesome, looks like your getting it, i just started switching over to the new PT2 version from 1.x, i hung out on the discord a while back, but i found many of the people on there just want to lead you down a bad road or try to give you enough info to lure you into buying something, so i stopped hanging out on that channel.

Ill have to look into using RSI in my pairs, currently i have them all tuned on EMAGAIN only, its been working well with me, when i first started i tried different things like lowbb, but i kept getting caught by the pump and dumps, so i switched to emagain and a period length that cut out all the pump and dumps on charts...  You have been doing better than me the last 5 days it seems, so keep it up, but your trading a lot higher trade amounts over me, im currently only trading $150 per trade, i seem to be averaging around 1% a day when you average it out over my high days and low days. I had a killer day last Thursday, 7.1% day, 103 trades in a single day.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
sNaKeyz0r91

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:54:58 PM

A good ZEC mining pool? Last year I was mining on flypool, it was rewarding really good. I haven't mined recently ZEC. If you know better pools, please shoot Smiley
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:25:13 PM

The mining hardware has been rock stable, i made a huge adjustment in the way the mining is implemented on my rigs, previously i had all the rigs setup farming as group of cards and after talking with someone who is a much larger farmer than im currently at, he experimented with solo-card farming and found it made his rigs more stable and made troubling cards stick out far easier, allowing for diagnosing to be easier. I ungrouped all my rigs and now have the GPU's mining solo, with their own specific benchmark settings to determine which algo is best for it to switch to. So a 6 card rig has 6 individual miners doing their own thing, mining their own algo's based on individual benchmark settings. Some huge takeaways from this, is that the rigs that i was having random lockups/hiccups on, the rig itself no longer goes down as a whole with miners not loading due to cards greyed out or frozen, now only the GPU on those rigs that is causing the headaches is locking up and the rest is just happily farming away. I also installed a TV in my office that runs off an amazon firestick, which is web browsed to my awesome miner display via the local host, i have it setup on the simple dashboard that only shows the amount of GPU's mining and estimation of profits, so if i look up at that screen i can quickly see if a GPU is down from the number changing... then i look into which GPU it is and proceed from there... 

With each GPU running a separate miner, have you had any issues with the CPU (or RAM) not keeping up? In our experience the system gets too laggy and unstable if there's 3+ miners open at the same time. That would be with cheap dual core Celeron/Pentium CPUs and 4GB RAM; on our Ryzen 5 1600 rigs the CPU has no problem keeping up of course.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:33:56 PM

I too am mining CN7 these days, but switched from Cast to SRBminer. The latter is honestly pretty awesome. Stabler, faster, everything. Give it a whirl if you haven't already... Both my Vega and RX 570 rigs have improved.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 10:30:09 PM

I too am mining CN7 these days, but switched from Cast to SRBminer. The latter is honestly pretty awesome. Stabler, faster, everything. Give it a whirl if you haven't already... Both my Vega and RX 570 rigs have improved.
Im about to swap one of my friends over to CN7 tonight or tomorrow;  Xevan profits have dwindled, and hes finally started maintaining a XMR wallet....

He has 6 1080's and a few 1080ti's.   Should help with the power bill as well.  I miss mining skein, when the power draw was low and the profits were massive....

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: