Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:59:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread!  (Read 34140 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:08:16 AM

Oh well. Loan came back for $23,500 - way less than I was hoping.

Thinking I'm going to get another Vega rig and 4-6 RX 500 Rigs.

Your ROI will be very impressive..... by year end, 1 BTC will be worth more than 23.5K  Grin

I too have sold my Vegas to one of my buddies, a while back.

The rig was back in the shop recently to do testing for cast-xmr and SBRminer.

Some teaser for you:

8 x Sapphire Vega64 Reference on a K35v2 8 slot motherboard.

Currently running off 128GB M2, 4GB DDR3 (not DDR4). Windozed 10. 64GB virtuall memory.

Total cost maybe at least 50% of your loan amount.

Testing using SBRminer, yields around 1.4kh/s per GPU, although GPUs are close to each other ... they hardly break 55c at 3600RPM fans.

Still fine tuning a better clock timings to push it nearer 2kh/s per GPU on NH CN7 and Nanopool XMR. This rig pulls around 1440watts.

Reminds me of a R9 290 rig I had a while back.

The GPUs were all reference type but what was good is that you could keep them very close together and the  heat could be exhausted by a vent tub outside. It made a nice clean setup.

However it was crazy loud as the fans had to run at like 80% which was like 4200RPM.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:55:43 AM

About to expand my farm.. looking at spending somewhere between $20,000-$40,000. Been making spreadsheets and trying to figure out what to buy.. any thoughts/input? My main concern is that Vegas are pretty much 1 trick ponies with the Cryptonight variants. Where nVidia algos seem to be easily ASIC'd. And AMD RX 500s rely heavily on ETH staying PoW..

Spreadsheet:

How do your figures look if you change the 1080ti ETH hashrate to ~55MH/s? I'm getting ~280MH/s on a 5 card rig pulling 1100W using ETHlargement

It's a high cost per card but I figure (hope) they'll hold their resale value ok once the next gen is out. I plan to move them to rendering (RNDR token) if algos get ASIC'd.
KriptoPenz.info

Activity: 12
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:03:38 AM

Honestly if i had 40k to spend on expanding mining and you had the room, i would instead spend it on solar power... I have been shopping around local here to build a small solar farm on my property that i have all my rigs currently. Here in Florida you cant get a credit on solar unless you produce over a certain xxxx amount. So i have been shopping around and there is a solar panel manufacture called Sonali Solar in Miami, FL that quoted me some pretty amazing prices...

Pallet: 25 panels
305watt panels
$0.46/watt pricing

Small Container: 250 panels
305watt panels
$0.31/watt pricing

Or

A 50,400 watt complete system package

180 x panels
6 x 10.1KW 240vac inverters
Unirac 180 panel kit
cabling for kit setup

They priced me $33,675.40 shipped to my door, which comes out to $0.67 per watt if i do the install myself.

Right now im just trying to find out what permits and coding i would need to meet to install such a system, because if i could cut my $1500/month electric bill down to near $0 mining with the gear i already have, then that is a huge step in the right direction in the future of mining. Right now profits are a bit on the low side, so saving on electric seems more important in my book.... I could ROI on the solar in no time, since i would have to expand to use up the full 50kw in solar.

A 50KW solar system isn't going to cut your electric bill to 0.. you would need a 100KW+ system for that.
You can calculate it here: https://pvwatts.nrel.gov

My electric bill is around $600/mo, I'm in south FL and pay around 10 cents/kwh.
A 50KW system generates around 6400kwh/mo so that would bring my bill to 0.

For you to bring your $1500 power bill to 0 you would need a 120KW solar system. That generates about 1500kwh/mo.
Of course it also depends on how much you pay per kwh, but since you're also in FL it should be similar.
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:21:00 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2018, 12:16:04 PM by crazydane

glad i kept most of my gear on raven, seeing a nice pump

I have a sneaking feeling raven hit a dollar by year end , that would change my life lol

I heard thier github repository has 15k commits and 400 developers, add in the fact they are

commited to fighting asics and have a great white paper I think its a great speculative asset atm
 still holding 5200 of them

I have around 10k , wish i handnt sold so much , im mining a few 500 a day and holding hard now

Great news.  I mined RVN pretty much exclusively last month and have a little over 100k sitting in my local wallet.  I'll keep hodl'ing through the summer I think, to see where it goes.

I got all my rigs on ZEN now and plan to setup a secure node by the time the 20% reward kicks in and then possibly keep going and switch to a super node if I ever get to a 500 coin stake.  IF RVN really blows up, maybe I'll consider selling it for ZEN to get my super node going sooner rather than later.

On the solar, I have a 35 kWh system, and generated 3,500 kWh last month as the sun finally decided to come out here in Virginia.  As you can see from the below graph, having a month or two with lots of cloudy days make a huge impact:

And here's a power graph from yesterday:

I need to get out there to rinse the pollen off the panels as that does reduce the output quite a bit.  I also have several micro inverters I need to replace.  And the heat (it hit 90 yesterday), doesn't help.  Solar panels like it nice and cool (but sunny).

But despite generating 3,500 kWh in April, my power bill is still trending in the wrong direction.  The days of not having a power bill (prior to August of last year when I started mining) are long gone.  Sad

I'm at 128 panels, and plan to add another 24, which will max out my current 200A solar breaker panel.  After that, I'll likely switch from micro inverters to larger 10KW inverters and run DC from the arrays back to where the inverters are located.  This makes sense since additional arrays past the initial 152, are going to have to be located further away from my shop where all the miners live.  High voltage DC power = much less power loss than 240VAC.

Making decent progress on the "mining room" I'm building inside my shop building.  I got a 96" wide by 84" tall wide span ULINE shelving unit with 6 shelves.  That guy is able to hold all my GPU rigs and ASICs with room to spare.

I'm feeding it via 4x 30A circuits that in turn feed HP 24A PDU's that have 12A PDU's connected to them.  The 24A PDUs are a steal at around $25 and the 12A PDU's run about $30 for a pair.  Fortunately the breaker panel is close by, so the #10 runs are pretty short:

I built the walls and ceiling and put some cardboard up temporarily to force the air through the rack.  I hope to get some drywall up this afternoon.  So cold air is pulled in from the outside, forced through the rack, and then extracted from the gable vent.

The side walls are 96" wide, just like the shelving unit.  So once I run out of room on the shelf, I'll replace the walls with additional shelves except for an access hole for inside maintenance.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:40:24 AM

Your ROI will be very impressive..... by year end, 1 BTC will be worth more than 23.5K  Grin

Some teaser for you:

Currently running off 128GB M2, 4GB DDR3 (not DDR4). Windozed 10. 64GB virtuall memory.

Testing using SBRminer, yields around 1.4kh/s per GPU, although GPUs are close to each other ... they hardly break 55c at 3600RPM fans.

Still fine tuning a better clock timings to push it nearer 2kh/s per GPU on NH CN7 and Nanopool XMR. This rig pulls around 1440watts.

Use driver 18.3.4, clock the Vegas at 1428/1150 and set the parameters in SRB as follows: dual threads, intensity@112 and worksize@16. Enjoy 2000 h/s.
fgm

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:50:44 AM

Your ROI will be very impressive..... by year end, 1 BTC will be worth more than 23.5K  Grin

Some teaser for you:

Use driver 18.3.4, clock the Vegas at 1428/1150 and set the parameters in SRB as follows: dual threads, intensity@112 and worksize@16. Enjoy 2000 h/s.

Yep, use driver 18.3.4.
I'm using Cast XMR and get 11200 on 6 x vega56 without too much hassle.
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:28:11 AM

How do your figures look if you change the 1080ti ETH hashrate to ~55MH/s? I'm getting ~280MH/s on a 5 card rig pulling 1100W using ETHlargement

It's a high cost per card but I figure (hope) they'll hold their resale value ok once the next gen is out. I plan to move them to rendering (RNDR token) if algos get ASIC'd.

My 1080ti is pulling 48MHs with the pill..

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:00:20 PM

I have a sneaking feeling raven hit a dollar by year end , that would change my life lol

I heard thier github repository has 15k commits and 400 developers, add in the fact they are

commited to fighting asics and have a great white paper I think its a great speculative asset atm

I have around 10k , wish i handnt sold so much , im mining a few 500 a day and holding hard now

Great news.  I mined RVN pretty much exclusively last month and have a little over 100k sitting in my local wallet.  I'll keep hodl'ing through the summer I think, to see where it goes.

I got all my rigs on ZEN now and plan to setup a secure node by the time the 20% reward kicks in and then possibly keep going and switch to a super node if I ever get to a 500 coin stake.  IF RVN really blows up, maybe I'll consider selling it for ZEN to get my super node going sooner rather than later.

On the solar, I have a 35 kWh system, and generated 3,500 kWh last month as the sun finally decided to come out here in Virginia.  As you can see from the below graph, having a month or two with lots of cloudy days make a huge impact:

I need to get out there to rinse the pollen off the panels as that does reduce the output quite a bit.  I also have several micro inverters I need to replace.  And the heat (it hit 90 yesterday), doesn't help.  Solar panels like it nice and cool (but sunny).

But despite generating 3,500 kWh in April, my power bill is still trending in the wrong direction.  The days of not having a power bill (prior to August of last year when I started mining) are long gone.  Sad

I'm at 128 panels, and plan to add another 24, which will max out my current solar breaker panel.  After that, I'll likely switch from micro inverters to larger 10KW inverters and run DC from the arrays back to where the inverters are located.  This makes sense since additional arrays past the initial 152, are going to have to be located further away from my shop where all the miners live.  High voltage DC power = much less power loss than 240VAC.

Making decent progress on the "mining room" I'm building inside my shop building.  I got a 96" wide by 84" tall wide span ULINE shelving unit with 6 shelves.  That guy is able to hold all my GPU rigs and ASICs with room to spare.

I'm feeding it via 4x 30A circuits that in turn feed HP 24A PDU's and have 12A PDU's connected to them.  Fortunately the breaker panel is close by, so the #10 runs are pretty short:

I built the walls and ceiling and put some cardboard up temporarily to force the air through the rack.  I hope to get some drywall up this afternoon.  So cold air is pulled in from the outside, forced through the rack, and then extracted from the gable vent.

The side walls are 96" wide, just like the shelving unit.  So once I run out of room on the shelf, I'll replace the walls with additional shelves except for an access hole for inside maintenance.

wow 100k raven? It would take me like 4 months. to mine that much u must have got in early
your setup is so sexy, I was thinking of putting in drywall in my garage to help with dust from the concrete walls , how does drywall help with cooling ?
crazydane

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:12:06 PM

I was thinking of putting in drywall in my garage to help with dust from the concrete walls , how does drywall help with cooling ?

By enclosing the side walls and ceiling of my "room within a room", I force all 10,000 CFM of air out through the mining rigs instead of escaping out the sides and top where there is less resistance.  I also plan to do a better job sealing the openings on the shelving unit itself, again to do everything I can to force all the air to move through the GPUs.  You will notice on one of the pics I have an online duct fan blowing across my 8x1060 EVGA rig with a Colorful mining mobo with real close spacing.  Right now, that 10,000 CFM intake fan is not able to move air at a high enough velocity through it to keep the 1060's cool.  I'm hoping by sealing all other openings, I'll bring the velocity up to where I don't need any "booster" fans.  Also, be sealing everything, I'm hoping I'll only need to run the intake and exhaust fans at like 50% speed most of the time.  Both 10K fans are connected to a single VFD so that I can run the fans any any speed I want.  Getting a computer interface for it so that I can automate the speed at which the fans run.  At full blast they consume 900 watts.  But running them at 40Hz, they only use 400 watts.  So running them faster than I need to waste a lot of power.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 12:12:19 PM

I'm at 128 panels, and plan to add another 24, which will max out my current solar breaker panel.  After that, I'll likely switch from micro inverters to larger 10KW inverters and run DC from the arrays back to where the inverters are located.  This makes sense since additional arrays past the initial 152, are going to have to be located further away from my shop where all the miners live.  High voltage DC power = much less power loss than 240VAC.

Your username suits you. That's a pretty large solar farm as it is. I'm wondering how you handle the excess power generated and if you're selling excess energy back to the grid (incase your miners shutoff and stop consuming power).

Have you ever considered venturing into a pure solar mining farm and selling electricity to the grid for profits?

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
crazydane

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:29:51 PM

Your username suits you. That's a pretty large solar farm as it is. I'm wondering how you handle the excess power generated and if you're selling excess energy back to the grid (incase your miners shutoff and stop consuming power).

Have you ever considered venturing into a pure solar mining farm and selling electricity to the grid for profits?

I have a net metering arrangement with my power company.  So when I generate more than I consume, the POCO "banks" those kWh for me to use when I use more than I produce (i.e. nights and cloudy days).  So in essence I'm selling excess power back to them at the same rate they charge me.

I have not yet looked into a business arrangement with the POCO to sell back electricity to the grid (beyond my current net metering arrangement).  If I was to invest, I'd rather buy more rigs.  I just don't anticipate getting to the point where my solar production is ever going to catch up with the amount of power my rigs consume over a 24 hour period.  Maybe 2 or 3 Nvidia generations down the road I'll get there. Cheesy
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:16:46 PM
Merited by dndssc (6)

Im not sure how it is up there, but down here they will credit me for 12 months only, meaning what extra i would produce with solar today would go to 0 value 12 months from now as credits, but if i signed up on the agreement to sell solar to them as a solar business, that brought up a ton of BS i was just not interested in dealing with...

Firstly, the rate here is 1.5cents/kw selling commercially, which royally blows balls

Secondly, they want to reduce "dirty power", so you can only use approved list of inverters and solar panels to be used in a commercial farming arrangement, basically everything on that list was stupid high prices, top of the line brands basically...

Thirdly, they informed me to sell solar as a farm, the install of the equipment has to be installed by a state approved solar contractor only....

there was a few other things they started listing off and by the 3rd one i just said forget about it.. ill just deal with the credit system.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
Storx

Activity: 322
Merit: 233

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:28:45 PM
Merited by vindicare (11)

I'm at 128 panels, and plan to add another 24, which will max out my current 200A solar breaker panel.  After that, I'll likely switch from micro inverters to larger 10KW inverters and run DC from the arrays back to where the inverters are located.  This makes sense since additional arrays past the initial 152, are going to have to be located further away from my shop where all the miners live.  High voltage DC power = much less power loss than 240VAC.

Making decent progress on the "mining room" I'm building inside my shop building.  I got a 96" wide by 84" tall wide span ULINE shelving unit with 6 shelves.  That guy is able to hold all my GPU rigs and ASICs with room to spare.

I'm feeding it via 4x 30A circuits that in turn feed HP 24A PDU's that have 12A PDU's connected to them.  The 24A PDUs are a steal at around $25 and the 12A PDU's run about $30 for a pair.  Fortunately the breaker panel is close by, so the #10 runs are pretty short:

I built the walls and ceiling and put some cardboard up temporarily to force the air through the rack.  I hope to get some drywall up this afternoon.  So cold air is pulled in from the outside, forced through the rack, and then extracted from the gable vent.

The side walls are 96" wide, just like the shelving unit.  So once I run out of room on the shelf, I'll replace the walls with additional shelves except for an access hole for inside maintenance.

Crazydane,

I am going out on a limb and would say if you reversed the direction of that fan inside that enclosed area, you would have much better results with your rigs cooling... BlockOperations had a similar situation like yours in his early days of mining and when he moved into the 2nd warehouse, he changed the direction forcing the direct hot air out the buidling from a hot zone resulted in better stable temps during the hotter months of the year, the key he found was making sure the hot zone is air tight, you want all the vacuum of air coming through your gear and not pulling from leaks inside the room, so he sealed everything around his gear and even built plywood enclosures around his asics to force the air through them and not around the equipment.

- GPUs Mining : 128 (Updated 3/7/18) // CPUs Mining : 19 (Updated 2/23/18)
UrsaUrsa

Activity: 104
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:22:50 PM

Hey guys,

A bit off topic as it's not solar related but what do you think? Should we be at least a bit worried by the FPGA topic? If you haven't seen it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3459858.0;all

The numbers they're posting are insane, 4x of a 1080ti. I know they are expensive but within months they could screw GPU mining over. ETA from the dev guy is 30th of May. The lead time on these Xilinx cards is 8 weeks.  I don't wanna blindly order one and ending up renting it out on amazon AWS to make at least some of my money back he doesn't deliver.

philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7841

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 03:57:50 PM

Hey guys,

A bit off topic as it's not solar related but what do you think? Should we be at least a bit worried by the FPGA topic? If you haven't seen it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3459858.0;all

The numbers they're posting are insane, 4x of a 1080ti. I know they are expensive but within months they could screw GPU mining over. ETA from the dev guy is 30th of May. The lead time on these Xilinx cards is 8 weeks.  I don't wanna blindly order one and ending up renting it out on amazon AWS to make at least some of my money back he doesn't deliver.

I wished him luck.  What do I think it means with a ton of funding it will alter gpu mining.

The only way gpu mining would survive would be many many many many al-gore-rythm switches

A new coin  would need to come out called the al-gore-rythm of the month coin.

The developer of the coin would need a dozen al-gore-rythm's made up and ready to switch in.  On the first of every month.

Nvidia and AMD could fund that if they want crypto coin business.

Even if the fpga guy was good  he would have trouble switching each and every month.

Will be interesting to see this unfold.

Side note His 4% development fee is huge.

Side note make LTC look better as it has a lot of asic hash already.

Not so sure  the crypto coin industry will  thrive without a huge base that gpus give

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
rs1x

Activity: 284
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 03:58:03 PM

And there is Bitmain announcing the z9 equihash asic miner
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7841

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 04:00:52 PM

this is good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbP3DJhWktI

some equihash will fork

what forks will mine higher.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
bdiddle

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:59:16 PM

Going to buy one Phil?

I don't have any ASIC's currently, but that power draw is nice. I am tempted to buy one, just need to find a coupon
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:33:26 PM

this is good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbP3DJhWktI

some equihash will fork

what forks will mine higher.

here we go again..... time to save up a few of these puppies.

the reality is:

1 x ASICs, best power, better cooling, high hash, best priced, best density = tens of GPUs.... need mobos, heat issues, miner program, dev fees...

the hope is for GPUs makers to reduce price or speed up their mining only cards.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:16:53 PM

Hey everyone... regarding the ETH Pill... wondering if anyone could answer these questions:

I have a rig with 6x ASUS Strix Gaming A8G:  4x 1070ti & 2x 1080 (the latter with GDDR5X).

I want to use the pill for the 2 1080's but trying to figure out the process order exactly.

Do you start the miner and THEN run the ETHPILL exe?  or run the pill first and then start miner?

Also, with this screw anything up with the 4x 1070ti's? on the same system?

Finally, is this a 1-time thing or does the pill need to be run every time you restart the miner or reboot?
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: