Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:28:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BTCP] BitcoinPrivate: A Truly Private Bitcoin [Equihash]  (Read 117231 times)
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:12:21 AM

So, how to claim btcp from segwit address?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:00:30 AM

As far as I understood you need to have your Bitcoin's on legacy chain even for future forks to be able to claim free coins. Because Segwit activated addresses don't support these forks and are for faster and cheaper transaction. I would be interested to see if someone comes up with other opinion. Having Segwit Bitcoin means no free forked coins.
GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:49:50 AM

This is the first time I am hearing of bitcoin private. But if the fork has been done in 2017 why is this thread starting in 2018?

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Nina-coin

Activity: 266
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:52:59 AM

This is the first time I am hearing of bitcoin private. But if the fork has been done in 2017 why is this thread starting in 2018?
The fork was made in February 28, 2018. Almost simultaneously with two blockchains: ZCL and BTC. As a result, a new coin - BTCP. How could you not notice such an event?)
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:39:21 PM

Your relentless pursuit to create fear of btcp just proves how scared the competition is. They work full time attacking this new revolutionary privacy coin. Everything from the post above is bullshit! You guys are mortified to see btcp 2x overnight, the panic is real and the jealousy is oozing!

Getting attacked is a good sign isn't it? It shows that someone cares about you. And if you survive the attacks it will be even stronger.

Just maybe this guys saw how whalecoin was manipulated and dumped by Rhett (BTCP Dev) and saw how ppl that got into Zclassic due to Rhett lost their life saving in proportion similar to Bitconnect and they want to prevent others from going thru similar woes with this coin.

If someone really loses life savings on a project like ZCL that is quite ridiculous. Who puts all money into a project with someone like Rhett behind it?
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:43:55 PM

First rule of investment is to invest what you can afford to loose and never go all in. This is new kind of market which is highly volatile being its early stages of evolution so risk is extremely high just like potential. Expecting just good from any project is building castle on sand or day dreaming with open eyes.
MNovak

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:08:54 PM

As far as I understood you need to have your Bitcoin's on legacy chain even for future forks to be able to claim free coins. Because Segwit activated addresses don't support these forks and are for faster and cheaper transaction. I would be interested to see if someone comes up with other opinion. Having Segwit Bitcoin means no free forked coins.

From update#5:

Full node wallet version 1.0.3 has been released and supports SegWit outputs, it also allows for use of the z_shieldcoinbase command in the GUI
We are still working on Electrum supporting SegWit outputs as well.

https://medium.com/@bitcoinprivate/community-update-5-segwit-support-is-here-merchant-payment-solution-sneak-peak-261eaaa20501
Ayms

Activity: 182
Merit: 33

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:17:09 PM

From update#5:

Full node wallet version 1.0.3 has been released and supports SegWit outputs, it also allows for use of the z_shieldcoinbase command in the GUI

https://medium.com/@bitcoinprivate/community-update-5-segwit-support-is-here-merchant-payment-solution-sneak-peak-261eaaa20501

Indeed, "Having Segwit Bitcoin means no free forked coins" is completely false, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827163.msg34513500#msg34513500 and you can then use this very excellent "Tool to claim coins for all Bitcoin forks without using wallets or running nodes" to move/claim your coins from any wallet
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:50:06 PM

Can I know that when will they add their coin to some bigger exchanges or alternatively we can ask that when will these bigger exchanges allow BTCP to be listed on their exchanges? It is important to get listed for the price to get higher and to be adopted by more investors and users of crypto. If they will not let it live on bigger exchanges then people will not rely on it for their bigger capital.

Can someone please explain why a "big exchange" is so important?  Anyone that wants BTCP can open an account with one of the supporting exchanges in about 10 minutes.

Liquidity.

Yes, you are correct. Anyone can open an account in about 10 minutes.  It's fine for smaller investors.  No problem buying/selling 100 coins or less.  But the medium to large players cannot touch this coin.  There is not enough liquidity.  It will never have the same liquidity as coins with a large circulating supply, but larger exchanges will definitely help.

I don't know if a larger exchange (larger based on volume of other coins) would necessarily translate into more liquidity of btcp.  Anyone wanting to sell now will have their coins on one of the exchanges, so I would think that more exchanges would spread out the supply further.  Thinly traded on multiple exchanges may introduce some good arbitrage opportunities. 

Where things will get interesting, in my opinion, is if/when they start collecting the "unclaimed" coins.  I would speculate that most of the ZCL coins have been claimed, while most BTC holders don't even know they have BTCP to claim - much less know how to claim it. That's a lot of coin!  If they use it to develop the project this could be a success.  At any rate they have until next March to make some progress.  I don't think there will be enough miners left after the block reward halfing next March to keep the network secure, in fact, you would have a good argument that with the current network  hash rate about 10 MH/s, a 51% attack would not be too expensive to pull off.  Good news is right now it wouldn't be worth it. If the price increases, obviously the hash rate will increase, but the price would have to double by March just to maintain the current low hash rate. 

It's interesting that you mentioned about the liquidity.  I did a quick google and found the following site:

https://btcp.blockexplorer.link/richlist

it indicates that there are approximate 4.4 million BTCP in circulation.  If this site is correct, then a huge chunk of the BTC owner don't know how to claim BTCP... or many of the large exchange just simply won't support claiming of BTCP.

if the 4.4 million BTCP in circulation is true, is that enough coins in circulation to have huge move in the price?

Then again, the 4.4 million BTCP just counting the transparent wallet (public visible), not counting BTCP stored in the private wallet.  It will be extremely interesting to see how many coins actually hidden in the blockchain.

That site is inaccurate, their block height is more than 6 weeks behind.
capensis

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:02:46 PM

One apparent reason can be many people dumped in early days their free coins which which they got form hard fork and large part of supply may have reached in whales possessions. That's why they can move the market the way they want. It really surprised everyone suddenly Bitcoin Private woke up and came into news and discussions.

No am not surprised by the sudden rise in price, this is what Rhett does. When it was all about whale coin, it was been touted as the coin that was going to fuel this huge decentralized social network site. A lot of ppl bought into the bullshit and soon as he saw that bitcoin forks were garnering a lot of interest in the news, and everyone was talking about privacy (even Bs coins like deep onion was killing it due to great marketing), he abandoned his post at whalecoin,  bought a bunch of zclassic for ridiculously low price, and announced a fork of zclassic. Which we all know he didn't have to fork zclassic to make bitcoin private a reality, there were countless option he would have utilized if he had the interest of the community in mind.

But been the shady fucker he is, he intentionally named it bitcoin private cos he knew there was alot of newbs on the scene and they will automatically anticipate that it might attain the same success that bitcoincash had. (After all, it had the name bitcoin in it and it a fork of a coin that sounds like zcash and everyone is talking about zcash) Coupled with his shill army, this drove the price of zclassic up to a point ( comparable to other major bitcoin forks/zcash price) where he comfortable sold and easily made over 9000% percent gain on his investment, and that , not counting the BTCP he also received from the fork. The individuals that bought zlassic ATH received a coin that was worth less than 1/16th what they paid for Zclassic ATH) then he left zclassic and headed over here to repeat the same thing.

so anyone who has been following his progression knew a pump of BTCP was inevitable, my only advise to a new investor perusing thru this thread is to make your money fast. this is not a guy you depend on and hold for the long term cos soon as something else piques the market's interest, he will abandon this and go fork that. He even admit it that he loves to fork several coin and it's good for the ecosystem, whatever that means. It's all good if he stays on top of each one rather than fork, milk, abandon and moves to the next stag.

Thank you for sharing your insight with all of the ignorant people who will show up to this thread to be robbed like ZCL. It is truly sad and pathetic that the other responses to this post were just negative and rude comments towards somebody with obviously good intention of protecting the interests of new arrivals (humans/investors not greed demons).

To be honest, I have only been following this story since I watched ZCL pump like something the "creator" (forker) probably attached to his own phallus and used to (attempt to) increase his size. Ah overcompensation. A bad joke and a greed that will never be sated, that is what we are looking at when viewing BTCP.

As a software developer and a student of all (interesting) things crypto, I must say that the first IDIOT move of this fork was to fork ZCL..ZCL was broken, as was ZCASH when it was released (the version that ZCL forked). there was a problem with merging joinsplits on the Z addresses that was/is losing peoples coins:
https://github.com/zcash/zcash/issues/3114

search "zcash joinsplit bug git"

Anyway, I thought they (zcash) fixed that (BY NOW!!!) but the issue is still open as anyone can see. Public info.. Zcash has problems and as such it should have never been released in its current state. Should have been fixed first. But the greedy devs got rich by idiots. I was one of them (an idiot for investing in zcash). When I found out Zero had the same bug (that is where I discovered it when I LOST my zero locked on a Z address. thank god it was 15 zero not 15 ZEC but it would have made no difference to the code what the coin value was. read this as, if it had been Zcash it would have been lost just the same. Why? Nobody knows, apparently but the code keeps getting perpetuated and people keep losing money.

BTCP is a broken fork, the problem will NEVER be fixed. If Zcash hasn't even fixed it then Zcash forks are DOOMED unless somebody BETTER than zcash steps up and actually FIXES the problem not just clones to infinity.

That is not even to mention the social problem of this coin and the forkers (who have NO INTENTION of improving or developing a coin) are like a cancer to the whole scene. But thats to be expected. Follow the money, follow the greed, rise up to get exploited and vote for BTCP!

Just some very bad sarcasm to example how stupid people are.

Do you research before investing or simply be prepared to lose all of of your money.

Read above from a developer.

Z address coins can disappear from your a/c and can not be recovered. This problem is ongoing and has never been fixed by Zcash and can not be fixed.

So Rhett and cryptojake have forked a Z coin with an unknown coding problem that can not be fixed.

So Rhett and cryptojake when are you going to grow a spine guys and come to this thread and communicate. Is BTCP now a past thing for you and you have moved onto your next scam fork.

Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 04:15:18 PM

First rule of investment is to invest what you can afford to loose and never go all in. This is new kind of market which is highly volatile being its early stages of evolution so risk is extremely high just like potential. Expecting just good from any project is building castle on sand or day dreaming with open eyes.

Understood, but we can also make an impact and aid those who might be ignorant about the Dev's history. I understand the urge to earn a living but it's sad when you see others berate individuals making a statement that they know is true just cos they want to make a few bucks out of the coin. The whole fuck em, let me see how much i can milk em mentality is just pathetic.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
SimpleMan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:19:23 PM

Many experts believe bitcoin Private could be the most important crypto of 2018! The best privacy tech in the world! It’s rise has just begun, so get in now while it’s still on sale!

Interesting input from your side. As there are "many" experts, can you please mention 10 of them here? I would like to verify whether they are commonly known experts.

capensis

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 05:37:44 PM

Many experts believe bitcoin Private could be the most important crypto of 2018! The best privacy tech in the world! It’s rise has just begun, so get in now while it’s still on sale!

Interesting input from your side. As there are "many" experts, can you please mention 10 of them here? I would like to verify whether they are commonly known experts.

@Londonbit

Pl post links to all of these alleged experts statements re BTCP having the best privacy tech in the world !!
mt55

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:53:18 PM

The herd is coming

Where do you see it coming? Wink Bitcoin Private still has low volume and if this is supposed to be herd action, well, it can only become better over time Cheesy

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:15:40 PM

The herd is coming

Where do you see it coming? Wink Bitcoin Private still has low volume and if this is supposed to be herd action, well, it can only become better over time Cheesy
I know it hurts to have missed out on the 100% percent gain but don’t worry! It’s not too late to get in, there will be many more 100% gain days coming soon! The herd is coming Smiley

It’s gold for nerds
richc1us

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:11:51 AM

The herd is coming

I know it hurts to have missed out on the 100% percent gain but don’t worry! It’s not too late to get in, there will be many more 100% gain days coming soon! The herd is coming Smiley

Not sure if anyone checked this.  But on both tradesatoshi.com and nanex.co, BTCP is either the highest trading volume or close to the highest trading volume for the top 2 exchanges now.

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/trade-satoshi/
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/nanex/
capensis

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:44:08 AM

@Londonbit

Pl post links to all of these alleged experts statements re BTCP having the best privacy tech in the world !!

@ Londonbit

The world is still waiting for you to provide evidence of your BTCP claims.... or are your claims just FAKE and you are a BTCP shill and you are talking out of your ass and you can not back up your FAKE claims ?
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 02:54:40 AM

The herd is coming

Not sure if anyone checked this.  But on both tradesatoshi.com and nanex.co, BTCP is either the highest trading volume or close to the highest trading volume for the top 2 exchanges now.

I don't know if anyone has checked this but plz look up Whalecoin and Zclassic. Same dev is responsible for Bitcoinprivate. He pumped and dumped both coins in such a terrible fashion that the woes felt by those affected with definitely be long lasting. (am talking Bitconnect kinda woe) So, please make sure to check em out. Don't let your greed drive you make a decision you might end up regretting for the rest of your life. Take care.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:15:49 AM

From update#5:

Indeed, "Having Segwit Bitcoin means no free forked coins" is completely false, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827163.msg34513500#msg34513500 and you can then use this very excellent "Tool to claim coins for all Bitcoin forks without using wallets or running nodes" to move/claim your coins from any wallet

How to use this tool? Lokks complicated Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
BillionDollarMan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 07:56:50 AM

The herd is coming

Not sure if anyone checked this.  But on both tradesatoshi.com and nanex.co, BTCP is either the highest trading volume or close to the highest trading volume for the top 2 exchanges now.

I don't know if anyone has checked this but plz look up Whalecoin and Zclassic. Same dev is responsible for Bitcoinprivate. He pumped and dumped both coins in such a terrible fashion that the woes felt by those affected with definitely be long lasting. (am talking Bitconnect kinda woe) So, please make sure to check em out. Don't let your greed drive you make a decision you might end up regretting for the rest of your life. Take care.

Rhetconnect, only XVG is standing higher in scamcoin ratings above this BTCPoop.
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: