Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:11:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BTCP] BitcoinPrivate: A Truly Private Bitcoin [Equihash]  (Read 117231 times)
homey108

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:56:02 AM

Yeah, they both seem to have abandoned this announcement thread and it's not even been 2 months since the fork.  It's amazing how people can worship devs like some of these btcp bagholders do.  Jake the snake and Rhettconnect  don't even participate in their own announcement thread, yet the lemmings still follow them off the cliff like they are messiahs or something.  Pretty entertaining to watch, but it's sad to see newbies lose their money to these fraudsters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:30:25 AM

You must be getting payed well to post all day about a coin you don’t like

It’s gold for nerds
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:54:12 AM

What about trezor support?

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
LaScuderia

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:15:43 AM

As it seems to me it is more from the team of the tremor depends, I do not think that the developers are against the integration rather the treasure is not in a hurry considering how much market volume takes a token and what work should be done to add it.
BillionDollarMan

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:41:02 AM

You must be getting payed well to post all day about a coin you don’t like

Nobody gets paid to expose scams. This is not how industry works, scammers and bagholders like you on the other hand can shill all day about a shitcoin for payment. You should try credits scam, they are paying shillers good.
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 01:18:16 PM

Your relentless pursuit to create fear of btcp just proves how scared the competition is. They work full time attacking this new revolutionary privacy coin. Everything from the post above is bullshit! You guys are mortified to see btcp 2x overnight, the panic is real and the jealousy is oozing!

Getting attacked is a good sign isn't it? It shows that someone cares about you. And if you survive the attacks it will be even stronger.
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:50:04 PM

Is up to Trezor's devs to review and accept.
The commits have been ready since last month.
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:18:06 PM

Can I know that when will they add their coin to some bigger exchanges or alternatively we can ask that when will these bigger exchanges allow BTCP to be listed on their exchanges? It is important to get listed for the price to get higher and to be adopted by more investors and users of crypto. If they will not let it live on bigger exchanges then people will not rely on it for their bigger capital.
cryptoknight_

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:55:41 PM

It has only been a few months since I got into crypto so I am, I suppose, you can call a noob. I have done some reading on BTCP and I am not sure what to think of it. Lot of comments saying it is a scam but then there are also people saying it is a solid coin. I want to invest but I am not sure with all the mixed comments.

Anything new about this coin and team I should know about?
richc1us

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:36:59 AM

It has only been a few months since I got into crypto so I am, I suppose, you can call a noob. I have done some reading on BTCP and I am not sure what to think of it. Lot of comments saying it is a scam but then there are also people saying it is a solid coin. I want to invest but I am not sure with all the mixed comments.

The best thing is to do your own due diligence.  Plenty of videos and paper on the web that talks about zero-knowledge proof or zkSNARK algorithm used in BTCP.  This really is a differentiator from other bitcoin babies. 

Plenty of pumper and dumper on this coin and every other baby bitcoins out there.  Make your own judgment by study the coin, its technology, its community, and the developers that back it. 

For me, I found this coin to be very interesting and very promising.
MNovak

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:07:28 AM

Can I know that when will they add their coin to some bigger exchanges or alternatively we can ask that when will these bigger exchanges allow BTCP to be listed on their exchanges? It is important to get listed for the price to get higher and to be adopted by more investors and users of crypto. If they will not let it live on bigger exchanges then people will not rely on it for their bigger capital.

Can someone please explain why a "big exchange" is so important?  Anyone that wants BTCP can open an account with one of the supporting exchanges in about 10 minutes.
homey108

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:13:30 AM

One of important things to understand about this coin is that the float is extremely small.  The devs lied and claim the circulating supply is over 20+ million coins right now, but it's not.  It's much lower, likely not even half that much.  But even if it were possible to have 20+ million coins in circulation right now, that is still a small number.

What this means is that the price can be easily moved.  When there is a little bit of solid buy pressure, it will fly and it will fall just as fast with some panic selling as well.  So when panic or fomo hit, the price is easily moved.  There are simply not enough coins in circulation (or big enough exchanges) to absorb heavy pressure.  

It's also important to realize that eventually it may get on a decent exchange and the larger bitcoin holder might start sweeping more btcp into circulation.  There is a potentially large supply that could still be dumped on the market.  As long as the price remains low and the coin is only tradeable on small scammy exchanges, these bigger players will not likely bother.  But it could be a factor in the future.  Right now, medium to large players simply can't do much.  There is not enough liquidity on TS or Nanex.

Then of course, the biggie;  the dev team.  
homey108

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 02:44:01 AM

Can someone please explain why a "big exchange" is so important?  Anyone that wants BTCP can open an account with one of the supporting exchanges in about 10 minutes.

Liquidity.

Yes, you are correct. Anyone can open an account in about 10 minutes.  It's fine for smaller investors.  No problem buying/selling 100 coins or less.  But the medium to large players cannot touch this coin.  There is not enough liquidity.  It will never have the same liquidity as coins with a large circulating supply, but larger exchanges will definitely help.
MNovak

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:19:52 AM

Liquidity.

Yes, you are correct. Anyone can open an account in about 10 minutes.  It's fine for smaller investors.  No problem buying/selling 100 coins or less.  But the medium to large players cannot touch this coin.  There is not enough liquidity.  It will never have the same liquidity as coins with a large circulating supply, but larger exchanges will definitely help.

I don't know if a larger exchange (larger based on volume of other coins) would necessarily translate into more liquidity of btcp.  Anyone wanting to sell now will have their coins on one of the exchanges, so I would think that more exchanges would spread out the supply further.  Thinly traded on multiple exchanges may introduce some good arbitrage opportunities. 

Where things will get interesting, in my opinion, is if/when they start collecting the "unclaimed" coins.  I would speculate that most of the ZCL coins have been claimed, while most BTC holders don't even know they have BTCP to claim - much less know how to claim it. That's a lot of coin!  If they use it to develop the project this could be a success.  At any rate they have until next March to make some progress.  I don't think there will be enough miners left after the block reward halfing next March to keep the network secure, in fact, you would have a good argument that with the current network  hash rate about 10 MH/s, a 51% attack would not be too expensive to pull off.  Good news is right now it wouldn't be worth it. If the price increases, obviously the hash rate will increase, but the price would have to double by March just to maintain the current low hash rate. 
cryptoknight_

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:28:12 AM

One of important things to understand about this coin is that the float is extremely small.  The devs lied and claim the circulating supply is over 20+ million coins right now, but it's not.  It's much lower, likely not even half that much.  But even if it were possible to have 20+ million coins in circulation right now, that is still a small number.

What this means is that the price can be easily moved.  When there is a little bit of solid buy pressure, it will fly and it will fall just as fast with some panic selling as well.  So when panic or fomo hit, the price is easily moved.  There are simply not enough coins in circulation (or big enough exchanges) to absorb heavy pressure. 

It's also important to realize that eventually it may get on a decent exchange and the larger bitcoin holder might start sweeping more btcp into circulation.  There is a potentially large supply that could still be dumped on the market.  As long as the price remains low and the coin is only tradeable on small scammy exchanges, these bigger players will not likely bother.  But it could be a factor in the future.  Right now, medium to large players simply can't do much.  There is not enough liquidity on TS or Nanex.

Then of course, the biggie;  the dev team. 

The best thing is to do your own due diligence.  Plenty of videos and paper on the web that talks about zero-knowledge proof or zkSNARK algorithm used in BTCP.  This really is a differentiator from other bitcoin babies. 

Plenty of pumper and dumper on this coin and every other baby bitcoins out there.  Make your own judgment by study the coin, its technology, its community, and the developers that back it. 

For me, I found this coin to be very interesting and very promising.

Thanks guys. It was all very helpful. I know the things to look into now.
richc1us

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 03:57:20 AM

Liquidity.

I don't know if a larger exchange (larger based on volume of other coins) would necessarily translate into more liquidity of btcp.  Anyone wanting to sell now will have their coins on one of the exchanges, so I would think that more exchanges would spread out the supply further.  Thinly traded on multiple exchanges may introduce some good arbitrage opportunities. 

Where things will get interesting, in my opinion, is if/when they start collecting the "unclaimed" coins.  I would speculate that most of the ZCL coins have been claimed, while most BTC holders don't even know they have BTCP to claim - much less know how to claim it. That's a lot of coin!  If they use it to develop the project this could be a success.  At any rate they have until next March to make some progress.  I don't think there will be enough miners left after the block reward halfing next March to keep the network secure, in fact, you would have a good argument that with the current network  hash rate about 10 MH/s, a 51% attack would not be too expensive to pull off.  Good news is right now it wouldn't be worth it. If the price increases, obviously the hash rate will increase, but the price would have to double by March just to maintain the current low hash rate. 

It's interesting that you mentioned about the liquidity.  I did a quick google and found the following site:

https://btcp.blockexplorer.link/richlist

it indicates that there are approximate 4.4 million BTCP in circulation.  If this site is correct, then a huge chunk of the BTC owner don't know how to claim BTCP... or many of the large exchange just simply won't support claiming of BTCP.

if the 4.4 million BTCP in circulation is true, is that enough coins in circulation to have huge move in the price?
richc1us

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:00:24 AM

Liquidity.

It's interesting that you mentioned about the liquidity.  I did a quick google and found the following site:

https://btcp.blockexplorer.link/richlist

it indicates that there are approximate 4.4 million BTCP in circulation.  If this site is correct, then a huge chunk of the BTC owner don't know how to claim BTCP... or many of the large exchange just simply won't support claiming of BTCP.

if the 4.4 million BTCP in circulation is true, is that enough coins in circulation to have huge move in the price?

Then again, the 4.4 million BTCP just counting the transparent wallet (public visible), not counting BTCP stored in the private wallet.  It will be extremely interesting to see how many coins actually hidden in the blockchain.
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 04:03:53 AM

Your relentless pursuit to create fear of btcp just proves how scared the competition is. They work full time attacking this new revolutionary privacy coin. Everything from the post above is bullshit! You guys are mortified to see btcp 2x overnight, the panic is real and the jealousy is oozing!

Getting attacked is a good sign isn't it? It shows that someone cares about you. And if you survive the attacks it will be even stronger.

Just maybe this guys saw how whalecoin was manipulated and dumped by Rhett (BTCP Dev) and saw how ppl that got into Zclassic due to Rhett lost their life saving in proportion similar to Bitconnect and they want to prevent others from going thru similar woes with this coin.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 04:07:26 AM

One of important things to understand about this coin is that the float is extremely small.  The devs lied and claim the circulating supply is over 20+ million coins right now, but it's not.  It's much lower, likely not even half that much.  But even if it were possible to have 20+ million coins in circulation right now, that is still a small number.

What this means is that the price can be easily moved.  When there is a little bit of solid buy pressure, it will fly and it will fall just as fast with some panic selling as well.  So when panic or fomo hit, the price is easily moved.  There are simply not enough coins in circulation (or big enough exchanges) to absorb heavy pressure.  

It's also important to realize that eventually it may get on a decent exchange and the larger bitcoin holder might start sweeping more btcp into circulation.  There is a potentially large supply that could still be dumped on the market.  As long as the price remains low and the coin is only tradeable on small scammy exchanges, these bigger players will not likely bother.  But it could be a factor in the future.  Right now, medium to large players simply can't do much.  There is not enough liquidity on TS or Nanex.

Then of course, the biggie;  the dev team.  

I love that he stated the dev team as the icing on the cake. With that i would advise anyone remotely interested in this coin to do a thorough research on WHALECOIN AND ZCLASSIC. Same dev, same tactic. Peruse and see what's in store for BTCP in the near future.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:16:24 AM

Just maybe this guys saw how whalecoin was manipulated and dumped by Rhett (BTCP Dev) and saw how ppl that got into Zclassic due to Rhett lost their life saving in proportion similar to Bitconnect and they want to prevent others from going thru similar woes with this coin.

It’s gold for nerds
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: