Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:42:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:16:02 AM

The judge would laugh at CT in court over this.
YOU AND COINTERRA ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY

So, December should be completed, what happened to January and February batches?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tegija

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Just Fun!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:02:38 PM

The judge would laugh at CT in court over this.
YOU AND COINTERRA ARE AGREEING TO GIVE UP ANY RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY

So, December should be completed, what happened to January and February batches?

January batch should be shipped too. does anybody from January batch received miners already?

Enjoy your life!
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:09:06 PM

American companies should take note of how it should be done:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417159.msg5314751#msg5314751

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
hamburgerhelper

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:33:26 PM

I'm at the tail end of the "early January" batch. My order is still in the "processing" stage.

With the last price dip I thought seriously about canceling my order and buying bitcoins. CT is soooo far from what was promised, it's sad. Remember when Ravi was talking about paying for upgrades for the higher binned chips? He must keep toilet paper on his desk to wipe his mouth during interviews.

KnC is increasingly looking like the only company with competent engineers and management in this space.
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:02:45 PM

wow this thing is LOUD and squeels like a pig.  Anyone have any tips on noise reduction?  I would like to just stick this thing outside but it can reach -30 degrees C where I'm from

These machines really aren't suitable for residential operation.

You clearly are disappointed with your purchase. I will offer you 8 BTC plus shipping for your machine.  I know it is too much but it will be worth it to get your whining off this thread.

I will whine until your ears bleed, I don't give a fuck.  No, I'm going to see if this thing ever reaches 2TH/s, and if it doesn't then I'm demanding a refund.  I suggest everyone else do the same.  Fuck cointerra.

I'm sure you will try and do whatever you want... but i think you shouldn't expect that you can take delivery of the miner, then use it for a few months, and then return it claiming its not up to spec.  if you want to argue that its not up to spec, you should have done it before you took delivery (when they announced the spec) or, worst case, the day it arrived when you 'discovered' you weren't satisfied with it, as you lose your ability to argue that its not good enough if you intend to keep it and use it for several months til its useful life is over and then later trying to claim it wasn't up to spec is an argument you can only use it you don't actually use the product for its useful life.

Thats like buying a 200 MPH car and discovering it only goes 170 MPH.  Then driving it for 100,000 miles before trying to return it as new saying it wasn't fast enough!   You can only return and get a refund for an unused item!  If you plan to use it indefinitely then try and return it, it won't work and won't have a case.

Theres also several people, (including me) who would buy yours or anyone's TerraMiner and happily pay a little more than you paid, if anyone wants to sell their early delivery, as we can't buy off the shelf anything as good as a TerraMiner.  I now have several Jupiters, Sierras, and TerraMiners.. and I'm trying to buy more TerraMiners if i can get them quickly.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:19:28 PM

If I was told my CT that firmware updates will eventually get me to 2TH/s, and they end up being wrong, then that blows your argument into a million pieces.  I believe they are digging themselves a grave with the way they have been doing things.  I would love to be one of the first people to push them in.

aerobatic

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:33:30 PM

If I was told my CT that firmware updates will eventually get me to 2TH/s, and they end up being wrong, then that blows your argument into a million pieces.  I believe they are digging themselves a grave with the way they have been doing things.  I would love to be one of the first people to push them in.

VE.. at no stage did Cointerra say that by upgrading firmware they will achieve 2 TH/s.   What they said was that they are designing a new pcb, that will get them to 2 TH for future batches, but not for existing hardware.  The thing wrong with the existing hardware is that the board has too much power conversion loss.  its not the chips, its the board!   firmware really won't fix that.

They did say they will make improvements to the firmware, but i think it would be unreasonable to expect 2 TH/s at this point.  Its for that reason they were offering people a choice of EITHER refund and get a 5% discount on a future purchase, OR take delivery of the underperforming miner and get a bigger discount on future hardware purchase.  they wouldn't have offered that sweetener if they could just update the firmware and get everyone running at 2 TH/s.

thats not to say that its not possible that they might one day get existing hardware to 2 TH/s.. but it would be foolish to expect it... especially when they haven't said it, nor promised it.

If you're not happy with your 1.6-1.7 TH/s miner, i suggest you either sell it or get a refund, NOW.  because relying on the chance that you can use it, mine with it for an extended period, and then return it for an 'as new' refund... is just being unrealistic and just won't happen.  why would they do that?

-- Jez
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:46:52 PM

VE.. at no stage did Cointerra say that by upgrading firmware they will achieve 2 TH/s. 

no.. they just promised it for 6 months and acted like they had no idea their miners wouldn't get 2Th until they turned one on...  that REALLY speaks for their engineers stabbing in the dark.  Hardly the Ace Team All Stars they bullshitted their customers with for so long

disgraceful salesmanship

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
aerobatic

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:02:57 PM

no.. they just promised it for 6 months and acted like they had no idea their miners wouldn't get 2Th until they turned one on...  that REALLY speaks for their engineers stabbing in the dark.  Hardly the Ace Team All Stars they bullshitted their customers with for so long

disgraceful salesmanship

its unfortunate and frustrating (but I'm not calling it disgraceful).  i still took delivery of systems that are significantly more powerful than the other ones that i own... and they're currently in the timeframe that i got them, the fastest (and most power dense) boxes available anywhere.

they didn't know in advance that their board had too much power conversion loss.  they did test it before the asics arrived with static load (you saw my photos of the trip report i did where they had a huge resistive load attached) but it was the dynamic load of the asics that they didn't anticipate (and maybe they should've!?).  thats one of the disadvantages of using subcontractors..   cointerra designed the asic in house but the board design was subcontracted to ascendant engineering.  its the board design that is contributing to the power conversion inefficiencies, and a board redesign is the thing that will fix it and get the right W/GH out of the asics that they were designed to achieve.  Something that all the other guys have done as well.  Later Jupiters achieved higher performance (from 450 GH up to well, 700 ish).. and even hashfast has now announced a faster 'eve' board.  All of these guys are able to improve their first board's design to improve the efficiency of the asic's performance with their second board design.  I bet that in all three cases, it was improving the power conversion efficiency that led to the faster performing asics!  they ALL have the same performance issues, relatively speak.

one things for sure.. knc, hashfast and cointerra will all have learned a lot from their mistakes... and their next products will all be significantly better than their first ones !
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:46:00 PM

They did say they will make improvements to the firmware, but i think it would be unreasonable to expect 2 TH/s at this point.  Its for that reason they were offering people a choice of EITHER refund and get a 5% discount on a future purchase, OR take delivery of the underperforming miner and get a bigger discount on future hardware purchase. 

I just searched my inbox for this offer you are referring to, and cannot find it.   Sorry, did I miss something in the contract that said I have to watch the updates on their website for things like this?  Get real..

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:47:41 PM

And look at this.. we have CT employees littering the thread again in a desperate attempt to convince us NOT to take legal action.  What a bunch of clowns.  Can someone please post a link to some circus music?  They are juggling excuses but dropping them everywhere at the same time.  What a joke.

Your lame posts are actually working AGAINST you because you sound so desperate.

aerobatic

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:52:12 PM

And look at this.. we have CT employees littering the thread again in a desperate attempt to convince us NOT to take legal action.  What a bunch of clowns.  Can someone please post a link to some circus music?  They are juggling excuses but dropping them everywhere at the same time.  What a joke.

Your lame posts are actually working AGAINST you because you sound so desperate.

are you referring to me?  I'm not a ct employee!    I've got a multi system batch 1 order cointerra/terraminer, some of which has been delivered.  I've also got a batch 1 hashfast/sierra order, and a batch 1 knc/jupiter order.  my goal was to order the batch 1 of several different mining companies, to spread my eggs.

iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:14:31 PM

Volcanic you are wasting your time even discussing this with aerobic.  He has been blindly pro CT beyond what any reasonable person could be expected to tolerate.  It's pretty obvious he is a shill and will not ever acknowledge the simple truth that everything about them at this point is a complete and udder failure.  The only people who will ever benefit financially from CT hardware is CT!

He will continue to deny FACTS.
They are months late with hardware...FACT
The hardware does not perform as promised...FACT
They are refusing to honor their late hardware guarantee...FACT

Let him drone on about how they are for 'serious miners' while the rest of us GENERATE BITCOIN with our playtime devices that actually do what the fuck the manufacturer says they do!

Maybe he will save the Co. by ordering a few thousand of their ground breaking 400Ghs miner due out in only 4 short months...I guess those will be for the REALLY SERIOUS miners!!!  lollooolloll

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:36:10 PM

Volcanic you are wasting your time even discussing this with aerobic.  He has been blindly pro CT beyond what any reasonable person could be expected to tolerate.  It's pretty obvious he is a shill and will not ever acknowledge the simple truth that everything about them at this point is a complete and udder failure.  The only people who will ever benefit financially from CT hardware is CT!

There's a really good reason aerobatic is pro Cointerra.  If you read through the thread instead of running your mouth you'd know why that is.  In fact, I bet that if you were aerobatic you'd be pro Cointerra too.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:16:27 AM

There's a really good reason aerobatic is pro Cointerra.  If you read through the thread instead of running your mouth you'd know why that is.  In fact, I bet that if you were aerobatic you'd be pro Cointerra too.

yup he gets to have your cake and eat it too... they had rounds of early investors

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Tegija

Activity: 112

Just Fun!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:45:53 AM

There's a really good reason aerobatic is pro Cointerra.  If you read through the thread instead of running your mouth you'd know why that is.  In fact, I bet that if you were aerobatic you'd be pro Cointerra too.

I´m not pro CT, but i met Jez in Berlin meetup and we spoke about CT ect.pp. he is just a nice guy and really ok. in some points we had different opinion, but it does not mean that he, i or you can´t have own opinion. discussion is always good, no difference what kind of opinions people have.

what is here main point is that most of people who ordered Terras have their own customers and have to response to them. CT does not give a shit how this people come clear with their clients. i am happy that i made my plans secure and my clients are served even with CT delays. still it is really shitty to just lose money because they (CT) were miscalculating. of course Jez has a different point of view, because he doesn´t have to serve his clients. he can be in this case more relaxed, so i would not prosecute over him.

about CT: it is legit (in mining development) if hash rate is lower or power consumption is higher as expected or even little delay is ok, but if every of this 3 points will become truth its just big mess. CT sold us 2TH miner with power consumption of 1600w for january(in my case) and what i will get? 1,5-1,7TH (15% up to 25% loss) with 2200w (37% more, means per GH 20% loss) and probably 8 weeks to late (thats more than 50% loss), so i have in the end round about 75% loss. it does not mean that i will not reach my ROI, it just means that i earn 75% less than i expected to earn! and what do i get for that from CT? some useless coupon for june batch equipment buy???
that is the main problem! CT is absolutely not customer friendly and that is the point. they just don't care about their customers.

the most shitty is if customers start to fight with each other instead of trying to find together some solution (together!!!). those who are happy with CT solution don't have to be part of this discussion and it is ok for others. so simple.

Enjoy your life!
iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:20:32 AM

I know exactly what the reason is.  It perfectly illustrates why he cannot be objective and should be ignored.  And if YOU read the entire thread you'd know why I am anti aerobic.

aerobatic

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:28:17 AM

I know exactly what the reason is.  It perfectly illustrates why he cannot be objective and should be ignored.  And if YOU read the entire thread you'd know why I am anti aerobic.

you know, i currently own significantly more hashfast gear than i do cointerra gear (50% more, right now.. although the percentage could equalise later this month if ct gets its act together on the delivery schedule issue).  i am pro ct, its true!  never said i wasnt!   but im also pro knc, and pro hashfast too.  and i try to remain balanced about it.   read my posts to see i try to treat all three of them pretty equally most of the time.   actually, i have more good things to say about knc than the others and i always say how amazing theyve been.  i never stop plugging them whenever i can.  they have and continue to execute almost flawlessly.   does that mean im a shill for hashfast and knc as well?   or am i just a shill for cointerra?

iglasses
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:28:15 AM

Aero I think you and I got off on the wrong foot here. I apologize if my posts seemed like a personal attack. This was not my intention. I wish you all the success there is to be had.

ig

aerobatic

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:30:59 AM

Aero I think you and I got off on the wrong foot here. I apologize if my posts seemed like a personal attack. This was not my intention. I wish you all the success there is to be had.

ig

thanks ig, i appreciate that.  was beginning to think everyone was taking great pleasure in insulting me.
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: