Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:07:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] IceDrill.ASIC IPO (235 Thash Mining Operation powered by HashFast)  (Read 378419 times)
will

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:46:27 AM

https://accounts.google.com/b/0/SmsAuthSettings

Under "Get codes via our mobile app instead" click "switch to app"

Hello, finally I created a google account without my phone number.
The share transfer was ok.
But I can't put the 2-factor security for my gmail account beceause they ask me again my phone number.
On bitfunder I used 2-Factor with a software, not with a phone, is it possible with my google account ?
Thank you
zebroid

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 06:03:53 PM

Hi Will & co  Smiley

I'm delighted & entertained to see you decided on icedrill.io

Hopefully soon IceDrill.io will also start showing up on the overall mining
pool chart here https://blockchain.info/pools (another way to get more investors interested)

I visited the basic site & followed your instructions and it worked like a charm.
Used one of my blockchain.info wallets to sign the message and once
entered my number of shares showed within seconds.

Many thanx, looking forward to the next update now that you have
a way to communicate with investors on your own domain.
lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:08:41 PM

so maybe i am a idiot  but can we go over how the verifacation works?

step 1: put in the adress that bitfunder has on your account

step 2 copy and paste that adress again after the little message

step 3 copy and paste the whole message with the adress into teh last box

is that correct and if so why does mine say "verifacation failed: incorrect padding"?

step 1: check  Smiley

step 2: you need to sign the message shown with your adresse from step 1. with blockchain.info for example you have an option "sign" message on the screen that shows all the adresses that are under your account. --> https://blockchain.info/Resources/faq/signmessage.png

step 3: after the process of signing the message you get a signature. this hast to go in the last field.

now you should get a confirmation with the amount of shares linked to your address.

I don't wish to use the e-mail that bitfunder has on account. Will the process still work if I register with a different address in step 1 ?
ADgordo

Activity: 203

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:04:11 AM

so maybe i am a idiot  but can we go over how the verifacation works?

is that correct and if so why does mine say "verifacation failed: incorrect padding"?

step 1: check  Smiley

step 2: you need to sign the message shown with your adresse from step 1. with blockchain.info for example you have an option "sign" message on the screen that shows all the adresses that are under your account. --> https://blockchain.info/Resources/faq/signmessage.png

step 3: after the process of signing the message you get a signature. this hast to go in the last field.

now you should get a confirmation with the amount of shares linked to your address.

I don't wish to use the e-mail that bitfunder has on account. Will the process still work if I register with a different address in step 1 ?

What matters is that you can produce a signature with a given bitcoin public key.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 02:22:56 AM

I'm not going to sign up for a Google Hitler-mail account.

If you feel it is unnecessary to give us an email address to contact you on, then that's fine, but please know that any unclaimed shares will be held in limbo (not receive dividends) until they are claimed by address ownership verification. I cannot and will not allow dividends to be sent into (potential) black holes.

If Google's OpenID standard for logging in is not for you please understand that the other options (e.g. Facebook, twitter) were untenable. Given the time constraints, I will not reinvent the security wheel. Google was chosen because I know you many of you already use Google Authenticator for your security needs.

My shares will be automatically transferred back to Icedrill when BF closes, giving you the share count and payout address.

Yes, Bitfunder will send us a list when it closes, but the assumption that everything will automagically just happen is incorrect. http://www.icedrill.io is our share transfer process.

Let's be clear:  [Google single sign-on] != [Google 2FA]

I can sign my payout address, which has been published on Bitfunder's asset list for weeks.

I can sign in with an open-source Google Authenticator 2FA program without having to use their demonstrably insecure Stasi-mail product.

There's absolutely no reason to characterize our Bitfunder addresses as "black holes" except to justify the burden of requiring us to use Stasi-mail.

I am not asking you to "reinvent the security wheel."  I am asking you to simply use 2FA instead of requiring Google's evil NSA compromised infrastructure.

I'll send a signed PM reassuring you my address on file with Bitfunder is entirely intentional and correct, and not merely the result of some kooky mix-up with a supernova and a broken TARDIS.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ADgordo

Activity: 203

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:40:22 AM

I'm not going to sign up for a Google Hitler-mail account.

If you feel it is unnecessary to give us an email address to contact you on, then that's fine, but please know that any unclaimed shares will be held in limbo (not receive dividends) until they are claimed by address ownership verification. I cannot and will not allow dividends to be sent into (potential) black holes.

If Google's OpenID standard for logging in is not for you please understand that the other options (e.g. Facebook, twitter) were untenable. Given the time constraints, I will not reinvent the security wheel. Google was chosen because I know you many of you already use Google Authenticator for your security needs.

My shares will be automatically transferred back to Icedrill when BF closes, giving you the share count and payout address.

Yes, Bitfunder will send us a list when it closes, but the assumption that everything will automagically just happen is incorrect. http://www.icedrill.io is our share transfer process.

Let's be clear:  [Google single sign-on] != [Google 2FA]

I can sign my payout address, which has been published on Bitfunder's asset list for weeks.

I can sign in with an open-source Google Authenticator 2FA program without having to use their demonstrably insecure Stasi-mail product.

There's absolutely no reason to characterize our Bitfunder addresses as "black holes" except to justify the burden of requiring us to use Stasi-mail.

I am not asking you to "reinvent the security wheel."  I am asking you to simply use 2FA instead of requiring Google's evil NSA compromised infrastructure.

I'll send a signed PM reassuring you my address on file with Bitfunder is entirely intentional and correct, and not merely the result of some kooky mix-up with a supernova and a broken TARDIS.   Cool

What is wrong with using a google email address if you don't provide google with any important information? 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 04:21:02 AM

What is wrong with using a google email address if you don't provide google with any important information? 

Google is found guilty and/or pays fines all the time for destroying our privacy in illegal ways, not to mention what they get away with because of expensive deeply captured regulators/lawyers/lobbyists/politicians, not getting caught, and perks of [security agency] collaboration.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+pays+fine
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22google+found+guilty%22

I'm not going to adhesion myself to whatever abusive, amorphous ToS their revolving door regulators/lawyers/lobbyists/politicians have concocted.

Their new Terms are illegal in many countries; you may be breaking the law by agreeing to them!
Google hit with privacy complaints in 14 E.U. countries
Complaints call for Data Protection Authorities to immediately suspend changes to Google terms of service
By Loek Essers
November 26, 2013

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:30:17 AM

Google is found guilty and/or pays fines all the time for destroying our privacy in illegal ways, not to mention what they get away with because of expensive deeply captured regulators/lawyers/lobbyists/politicians, not getting caught, and perks of [security agency] collaboration.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=google+pays+fine
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22google+found+guilty%22

I'm not going to adhesion myself to whatever abusive, amorphous ToS their revolving door regulators/lawyers/lobbyists/politicians have concocted.

Their new Terms are illegal in many countries; you may be breaking the law by agreeing to them!
Google hit with privacy complaints in 14 E.U. countries
Complaints call for Data Protection Authorities to immediately suspend changes to Google terms of service
By Loek Essers
November 26, 2013

it's all a conspiracy, maaaan!   Shocked they're all watching us  Shocked

yantis

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:47:56 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 08:50:31 AM by yantis

Looking to buy some more of this. I have some shares already but would like some more. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in selling with your price. (Please make sure to include your price. Don't ask me how much I will pay for them).
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:33:51 AM

I can provide a signed message from my public bitfunder shareholder address, I also don't see how can this be considered a blackhole?  Is this not the reason for providing a shareholder in my control so that after providing a signed message, dividends can continue to paid as that signed message is proof of ownership of the bitcoin address.

I also didn't use a google email for bitfunder either so how would you verify my ownership of  shares if you do not accept a signed message as proof?

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:02:15 PM

Seems as though Hashfast is finally into the testing phase of their chips.
https://twitter.com/HashFast
will

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:28:28 PM

I can provide a signed message from my public bitfunder shareholder address, I also don't see how can this be considered a blackhole?  Is this not the reason for providing a shareholder in my control so that after providing a signed message, dividends can continue to paid as that signed message is proof of ownership of the bitcoin address.

Going to be honest with you... I've read that paragraph about 8 times now and I still don't understand it. Could you rephrase it please?

I also didn't use a google email for bitfunder either so how would you verify my ownership of  shares if you do not accept a signed message as proof?

We accept signed messages as proof of share ownership exclusively. If you can please point me to where anyone stated otherwise I'd like to go rectify it because it's categorically wrong.

You're free to use any email address of your choosing, as long as it's linked to a Google account (currently the only OpenID provider icedrill.io supports). It does not need to be a gmail email address, or even the one you used @ bitfunder.

pichadpi

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:32:19 PM

How long could this process of transferring shares feasibly take? Has anyone waited longer than 6 hours for confirmation that their shares have been claimed on IceDrill.io?

It has been over 6 hours since I signed and verified ownership of my address, however, the site is still reporting I am holding 0 shares.
lunarboy

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:22:37 PM

You're free to use any email address of your choosing, as long as it's linked to a Google account (currently the only OpenID provider icedrill.io supports). It does not need to be a gmail email address, or even the one you used @ bitfunder.

think this is where the confusion originated

so maybe i am a idiot  but can we go over how the verifacation works?

step 1: check  Smiley

Thanks for clearing it up.  Cool
SimonBelmond

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:43:19 PM

How long could this process of transferring shares feasibly take? Has anyone waited longer than 6 hours for confirmation that their shares have been claimed on IceDrill.io?

It has been over 6 hours since I signed and verified ownership of my address, however, the site is still reporting I am holding 0 shares.

Took about 0.5 sec for me. There must be something wrong.
lunarboy

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:02:13 PM

yeah the system worked for me pretty much instantly   Shocked

great job.   now to buy a few more  Wink
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:06:50 PM

can anyone guess how much our shares will be worth, or how much we can realistically see in dividends?
Even hashpower/share would be a good start, and then I can figure out the rest

edit: nevermind, i found it.....

While one share will be worth roughly 10 Mhash of mining power upon launch, it will be worth more hash power over time as the mine grows.

this is shitty... so with 14,000 shares I have approx 140GH/S of hash power.. uhhh.. yay?   Undecided

bittymitty

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:25:52 PM

can anyone guess how much our shares will be worth, or how much we can realistically see in dividends?
Even hashpower/share would be a good start, and then I can figure out the rest

edit: nevermind, i found it.....

While one share will be worth roughly 10 Mhash of mining power upon launch, it will be worth more hash power over time as the mine grows.

this is shitty... so with 14,000 shares I have approx 140GH/S of hash power.. uhhh.. yay?   Undecided

cex.io is .069BTC/gh so at this rate you have aprox 9.6 BTC worth of shares if they were mining now.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 12:21:16 AM

We accept signed messages as proof of share ownership exclusively.

All other securities moving to direct shares accept a signed address as proof of ownership.

No other security moving to direct shares requires adhesion to Google's (illegal) ToS.

If a shareholder neglected to change their Bitfunder address in the 30+ days they had to do so that's their problem, NOT YOURS OR MINE.

It's not your place to force unwilling shareholders to jump through asinine hoops like MANDATORY GOOGLE.

A MANDATORY GOOGLE provision was never in the IceDrill contract and you have no right to suddenly require it.

Forcing people to do something they never agreed to, on pain of losing the money the trusted you with, is called EXTORTION.

All of the overblown talk about 'black holes' and 'reinventing the security wheel' is a sorry excuse to avoid using 2FA instead of OpenID.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:16:51 AM

We accept signed messages as proof of share ownership exclusively.

All other securities moving to direct shares accept a signed address as proof of ownership.

No other security moving to direct shares requires adhesion to Google's (illegal) ToS.

If a shareholder neglected to change their Bitfunder address in the 30+ days they had to do so that's their problem, NOT YOURS OR MINE.

It's not your place to force unwilling shareholders to jump through asinine hoops like MANDATORY GOOGLE.

A MANDATORY GOOGLE provision was never in the IceDrill contract and you have no right to suddenly require it.

Forcing people to do something they never agreed to, on pain of losing the money the trusted you with, is called EXTORTION.

All of the overblown talk about 'black holes' and 'reinventing the security wheel' is a sorry excuse to avoid using 2FA instead of OpenID.

Always bet on ICE

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: