Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 06:22:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ►HashFast Endorsement  (Read 36849 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:56:32 PM

this refund question is something i've been trying to get more info on myself as i am in the same boat you guys are much more than you think.  as in, i don't get paid unless this whole thing is successful and i have an order in place for BabyJets that i paid upfront for too.

btw, for those of you who keep insisting that i am just a shill, stop reading right here.  i'd much rather you just sit waffling out there in the wind having no real clue about what's going on with HashFast and to the asic marketplace in general, to your own detriment.  imo, you should be viewing me more as an important source of info or link to the company that can help you along in this process as i clearly post way more than the company reps have time for.  the smart guys are talking to me via pm's or emails trying to find out what's really going on while the other company shills that seem so eager to jump on board the Reseller Program, show up here to criticize anyway they can.  and remember, i am not a company employee or representative.  i can say what i want when i want whether it is positive or negative about the company.  and i fully intend to do so.

"I am pleased to announce that I have been selected as a paid sponsor for HashFast Technologies LLC.  I have also been asked to join their Board of Advisors."
They're paying you to ask those tough questions, huh?  Cheesy

having said all that, you need to realize a few things.  i too once viewed that 12/31 date as some sort of hard wall that if hit would result in an instant 100% request for refunds from all customers and bankruptcy for the company.  while an all out 100% refund request is possible, i don't think that will happen.  first, i think ppl are much more patient and forgiving about this process than you think.

HashFast finances are based on people being patient and forgiving?  I'm beginning to understand...

there are alot of ppl who like HashFast and the ppl involved. i think they will give the company more time if need be to complete a workable solution, especially if they explain why. they realize that this is the tech industry and it's possible to have delays.  

In other words, there are no plans to refund people, they're patient & have been softened up by BFL & Avalon already -- they'll be reasonable & wait as long as it takes.
Can't we cut to the chace and just say "we did the math, and it tells us refunds are impossible.  We can't give you what we do not have, so you don't get to have ur munyz."?

second, you may not realize it, but there is no shortage of VC capital poking around trying to buy equity positions in many of these companies. there are plenty of sources of money to tap into in case of a funding problem.  

Unfortunately, there is a shortage of *stupid VC money*.  The sort of money needed to bail a failing ASIC company trying to refund its customers before declaring bankruptcy.

third, i don't think it is even going to be an issue.  ppl are buying via email now and most of the stuck orders in the system have been salvaged.

Err.  This is not "third," just a rewording of "first."  See: "there are no plans to refund" above. Cheesy

there is going to be a machine and Simon still thinks it will be delivered on schedule.

Simon sez "Love the machine!!1!!"
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:03:31 PM

btw, for those of you who keep insisting that i am just a shill, stop reading right here.

OK, done.  Beware of this guy, folks.  He is a paid shill with his own, not your, interests in mind.  Bye.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:07:50 PM

i'm constantly asking them the tough questions.  b/c i want answers, just like you.  my money is at risk afterall.

Eduardo himself has promised me he is going to climb onto the forum and try to answer questions and provide much more info.  i think he owes it to all of us.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:15:12 PM

btw, for those of you who keep insisting that i am just a shill, stop reading right here.

OK, done.  Beware of this guy, folks.  He is a paid shill with his own, not your, interests in mind.  Bye.

no, i am much more of a Bitcoin advocate/purist than you realize if you haven't read my past posts.  i've been around here a long time and have posted enough that ppl can't dispute that.  i'm constantly pushing concepts and ideas that promote decentralization of the network into the hands of the small miner here on the forum and into HashFast's ears.  i am a small miner myself after all. 

small miners need to be able to afford the products offered and get them paid off in a reasonable period of time.  i am very happy that this company has offered a refund policy and am very excited about the Miner Protection Program, the details of which are forthcoming. 
crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:25:15 PM

i'm constantly asking them the tough questions.  b/c i want answers, just like you.  my money is at risk afterall.

Eduardo himself has promised me he is going to climb onto the forum and try to answer questions and provide much more info.  i think he owes it to all of us.

Let me get this straight: 
You say you have invested money in HashFast, money you can't recover until next year *at best*. 
You are also being paid by HashFast.
And you want us to see you as an objective, disinterested observer?

Are you trolling us? Cheesy
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 03:42:21 PM

no, i am much more of a Bitcoin advocate/purist than you realize if you haven't read my past posts.  i've been around here a long time and have posted enough that ppl can't dispute that.  i'm constantly pushing concepts and ideas that promote decentralization of the network into the hands of the small miner here on the forum and into HashFast's ears.  i am a small miner myself after all. 

small miners need to be able to afford the products offered and get them paid off in a reasonable period of time.  i am very happy that this company has offered a refund policy and am very excited about the Miner Protection Program, the details of which are forthcoming. 

ok so you have canceled your orders from KNC, BitFury
you have ordered equipment from HashFast, 8 miners, almost 50.000 USD

and you are claiming that you are a small miner

a. you are liar
b. you are a kid
c. your account has been hacked

what is your answer, cypherdoc ?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 03:45:14 PM

You say you have invested money in HashFast, money you can't recover until next year *at best*. 

i have not invested money in HashFast.  i have preordered 8 of their BabyJets.  i have not yet received any payment and won't unless this thing is successful.  the Board of Advisors agreement has some options associated with it but they are vested over many years time and also will be worth zero if this thing fails.

yes, i will get a payment if this thing is successful.  so, i admit, there can tend to be a bias.  however, there are not many around here that have the credibility to claim that they are indeed Bitcoin purists, advocates, bulls, or whatever you want to call it since the early days. i have been a huge supporter of Bitcoin.  i have been thru many flame wars fighting skeptics, bears, critics, and the whole gamut back in the dark days back in late 2011 when it looked like Bitcoin would fail.  i was one of the only ones who stayed positive and tried to help Bitcoin startups get off the ground with donations.  i run my own newsletter and of all my clients, not one of them has ever been cheated, lied to, or had their financial dealings with me brought into question.  i understand the importance of openness, transparency, and sharing. 

open source doesn't mean everything is free.  the source codes should certainly be free. but the companies built around it do have to make money.  their employees have to be paid.  profit is what drives innovation and the willingness to take risk.  my own abilities as an advisor, strategist, and knowledgeable and experienced Bitcoin participant don't come free either.  i mean, who's going to bust their balls working to make something of this magnitude and risk take off w/o compensation?  do you work for free?

none of these companies will do well if they don't support the small miner in the long run.  i'm working to try and make sure this happens.
crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:13:56 PM

i'm constantly asking them the tough questions.  b/c i want answers, just like you.  my money is at risk afterall.

Eduardo himself has promised me he is going to climb onto the forum and try to answer questions and provide much more info.  i think he owes it to all of us.

i have not invested money in HashFast.  i have preordered 8 of their BabyJets.

Your pre-order is functionally equivalent to investment -- you can't chargeback, as you have done with KNCminer & BitFury, you will only get your product if HashFast is fully funded by other investors pre-orders, and further proves to be willing & capable of delivering the product.  That's a pretty hefty investment.

i have not yet received any payment and won't unless this thing is successful.  

All the more reason to shill, no?

the Board of Advisors agreement has some options associated with it but they are vested over many years time and also will be worth zero if this thing fails.

And more reason still.

yes, i will get a payment if this thing is successful.  so, i admit, there can tend to be a bias.  however, there are not many around here that have the credibility to claim that they are indeed Bitcoin purists, advocates, bulls, or whatever you want to call it since the early days.

This presupposes that you have credibility.  I have presented you with a long list of reasons why you do not.  The fact that there may be few credible people willing to shill for HashFast is neither here nor there.

i have been a huge supporter of Bitcoin.  i have been thru many flame wars fighting skeptics, bears, critics, and the whole gamut back in the dark days back in late 2011 when it looked like Bitcoin would fail.  i was one of the only ones who stayed positive and tried to help Bitcoin startups get off the ground with donations.  i run my own newsletter and of all my clients, not one of them has ever been cheated, lied to, or had their financial dealings with me brought into question.  i understand the importance of openness, transparency, and sharing.

You do understand that being both invested in HashFast, and paid by them, effectively negates whatever credibility you had before?  At least in this particular arena.

open source doesn't mean everything is free.  the source codes should certainly be free. but the companies built around it do have to make money.  their employees have to be paid.  profit is what drives innovation and the willingness to take risk.  my own abilities as an advisor, strategist, and knowledgeable and experienced Bitcoin participant don't come free either.  i mean, who's going to bust their balls working to make something of this magnitude and risk take off w/o compensation?  do you work for free?

Relevance?

none of these companies will do well if they don't support the small miner in the long run.  i'm working to try and make sure this happens.

HashFast has already formed a partnership with IceDrill, a small miner with projected output of gadzillion PH/s.  I'm liking what i see.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:11:22 PM

i'm constantly asking them the tough questions.  b/c i want answers, just like you.  my money is at risk afterall.

Eduardo himself has promised me he is going to climb onto the forum and try to answer questions and provide much more info.  i think he owes it to all of us.

i have not invested money in HashFast.  i have preordered 8 of their BabyJets.

Your pre-order is functionally equivalent to investment -- you can't chargeback, as you have done with KNCminer & BitFury, you will only get your product if HashFast is fully funded by other investors pre-orders, and further proves to be willing & capable of delivering the product.  That's a pretty hefty investment.

i have not yet received any payment and won't unless this thing is successful.  

All the more reason to shill, no?

the Board of Advisors agreement has some options associated with it but they are vested over many years time and also will be worth zero if this thing fails.

And more reason still.

yes, i will get a payment if this thing is successful.  so, i admit, there can tend to be a bias.  however, there are not many around here that have the credibility to claim that they are indeed Bitcoin purists, advocates, bulls, or whatever you want to call it since the early days.

This presupposes that you have credibility.  I have presented you with a long list of reasons why you do not.  The fact that there may be few credible people willing to shill for HashFast is neither here nor there.

i have been a huge supporter of Bitcoin.  i have been thru many flame wars fighting skeptics, bears, critics, and the whole gamut back in the dark days back in late 2011 when it looked like Bitcoin would fail.  i was one of the only ones who stayed positive and tried to help Bitcoin startups get off the ground with donations.  i run my own newsletter and of all my clients, not one of them has ever been cheated, lied to, or had their financial dealings with me brought into question.  i understand the importance of openness, transparency, and sharing.

You do understand that being both invested in HashFast, and paid by them, effectively negates whatever credibility you had before?  At least in this particular arena.

open source doesn't mean everything is free.  the source codes should certainly be free. but the companies built around it do have to make money.  their employees have to be paid.  profit is what drives innovation and the willingness to take risk.  my own abilities as an advisor, strategist, and knowledgeable and experienced Bitcoin participant don't come free either.  i mean, who's going to bust their balls working to make something of this magnitude and risk take off w/o compensation?  do you work for free?

Relevance?

none of these companies will do well if they don't support the small miner in the long run.  i'm working to try and make sure this happens.

HashFast has already formed a partnership with IceDrill, a small miner with projected output of gadzillion PH/s.  I'm liking what i see.

skeptics like you will never be convinced. all you see is the money.  that's ok.

but where have i been shilling?  point to something i've said that hasn't been verified by the company.  point to where i've said that KNC or Bitfury is bad but HashFast is great?

i have been trying to provide a balanced and fair presentation of what is going on.  if you want to ignore it or troll it fine.  but you also run the risk of ruining your own credibility with baseless accusations.

what i am excited about is merging my own long term economic, investment, and strategic experience in Bitcoin with someone like Simon, who has the same long term knowledge and experience in Bitcoin but from a technical perspective.  those asic companies that don't understand what Bitcoin is, what it represents, and how it fits into not only the Bitcoin community but also the global financial system are doomed to fail, imo.  there is a very specific way that these companies have to fit.  what i see are a bunch of companies that are only in for the quick profit and bring guys in with expertise from various traditional industries but who fail to truly understand the inner workings or principles of Bitcoin. or they run it with kids like Yifu.  imo, HashFast actually needs me to help them develop their asic strategy into the Bitcoin ecosystem as a whole.

i don't need this project or the money involved.  i have a great career of my own and am participating in this b/c it involves the first Silicon Valley/Palo Alto based asic mining company with a guy like Simon.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:37:44 PM

skeptics like you will never be convinced.

Respectfully, some of us more technically-minded people, who know a thing-or-two about things-and-stuff, are skeptical of the 28nm form-factor in a reasonable time-frame for a fringe product like this.

Mid to late next year ? No problem. I could totally see that.

28nm NRE for Bitcoin ASIC projects right now is too cost prohibitive to be profitable given the current rise in difficulty and ASICs already hashing on the network.

I would love to be proved wrong.
crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 05:54:30 PM

skeptics like you will never be convinced. all you see is the money.  that's ok.

When it comes to hardware that's supposed to make money, and people on the interwebz asking me for my money, in a forum about money, i suppose you're right.

but where have i been shilling?  point to something i've said that hasn't been verified by the company.  point to where i've said that KNC or Bitfury is bad but HashFast is great?

The thread title -- HashFast Endorsement, is fairly self-explanatory.  You're offered up as a messenger (to be shot in lieu of star actors, or, at least, attract the flack), and this thread is a perfect buffer zone to corral exchanges like the one we're having.  In other words, this is the toe-in-the-water thread.  Now's the time to lay the groundwork, steeples come later.

i have been trying to provide a balanced and fair presentation of what is going on.  if you want to ignore it or troll it fine.  but you also run the risk of ruining your own credibility with baseless accusations.

The beautiful thing about not having to market my reputation as you are doing in this thread is this:  I couldn't care less if it's tarnished.  If i ever need to get a sterling reputation for business reasons, accounts such as yours are bought & sold for a coin or two.  Sterling reputation.

what i am excited about is merging my own long term economic, investment, and strategic experience in Bitcoin with someone like Simon, who has the same long term knowledge and experience in Bitcoin but from a technical perspective.

Simon, as i understand it, is anything *but* a hardware guy.  Perhaps as a hobby?

those asic companies that don't understand what Bitcoin is, what it represents, and how it fits into not only the Bitcoin community but also the global financial system are doomed to fail, imo.

Which companies, exactly, are you talking about?  Please name a couple.

there is a very specific way that these companies have to fit.  what i see are a bunch of companies that are only in for the quick profit and bring guys in with expertise from various traditional industries but who fail to truly understand the inner workings of Bitcoin. or they run it with kids like Yifu.

What does an ASIC designer need to know about the inner workings of bitcoin?  Does knowledge & love of the bitcoin economy help in optimising the hashing algorithm?  Exactly what aspect of ASIC design requires *any* knowledge of bitcoin, beyond the hashing?  You realize that this is exactly the shilling i'm talking about -- meaningless grandstanding and empty verbiage obfuscating the lack of substance.  There is no cat.  There is no cradle.

imo, HashFast actually needs me to help them develop their asic strategy into the Bitcoin ecosystem as a whole.

What does that even mean?  How is their ASIC any different from other ASICs, as far as bitcoin economy as a whole is concerned?

i don't need this project or the money involved.  i have a great career of my own and am participating in this b/c it involves the first Silicon Valley/Palo Alto based asic mining company with a guy like Simon.

In that case accepting a paid position is simply foolish, as is investing in miners.  You should have simply donated the money to HashFast & volunteered your time.  As it stands, denying you're a paid shill is impossible.   You are heavily biased both by your investment in the miners & are *obligated as a spokesperson* to promote HashFast.  If HashFast is, OTOH, paying you to speak your mind and ask potentially damaging questions, i have to question their sanity & will not invest in a company that spends money so foolishly.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:00:59 PM

Crumbs where do you come to the conclusion that Simon wasnt a hardware guy? Seems like his credentials are pretty solid to me from an engineering standpoint.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:04:01 PM

Crumbs where do you come to the conclusion that Simon wasnt a hardware guy? Seems like his credentials are pretty solid to me from an engineering standpoint.

What are you talking about?
minternj

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:06:40 PM

Simon, as i understand it, is anything *but* a hardware guy.  Perhaps as a hobby?

crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:07:58 PM

No, i mean what is his track record in ASIC design?
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:16:07 PM

skeptics like you will never be convinced. all you see is the money.  that's ok.

When it comes to hardware that's supposed to make money, and people on the interwebz asking me for my money, in a forum about money, i suppose you're right.

but where have i been shilling?  point to something i've said that hasn't been verified by the company.  point to where i've said that KNC or Bitfury is bad but HashFast is great?

The thread title -- HashFast Endorsement, is fairly self-explanatory.  You're offered up as a messenger (to be shot in lieu of star actors, or, at least, attract the flack), and this thread is a perfect buffer zone to corral exchanges like the one we're having.  In other words, this is the toe-in-the-water thread.  Now's the time to lay the groundwork, steeples come later.

i have been trying to provide a balanced and fair presentation of what is going on.  if you want to ignore it or troll it fine.  but you also run the risk of ruining your own credibility with baseless accusations.

The beautiful thing about not having to market my reputation as you are doing in this thread is this:  I couldn't care less if it's tarnished.  If i ever need to get a sterling reputation for business reasons, accounts such as yours are bought & sold for a coin or two.  Sterling reputation.

ah, but there's where you're wrong.  i would never work with you.  nothing personal.  you have all the wrong viewpoints.  you don't seem to fit into the community at all.  which begs the question; why are you here in the first place?  all i see is you bashing every asic mining company out there.  pray tell us, what is your bias?
what i am excited about is merging my own long term economic, investment, and strategic experience in Bitcoin with someone like Simon, who has the same long term knowledge and experience in Bitcoin but from a technical perspective.

those asic companies that don't understand what Bitcoin is, what it represents, and how it fits into not only the Bitcoin community but also the global financial system are doomed to fail, imo.

[/quote]

i just told you i'm not here to bash other companies.  i'd rather focus on HashFast's merits.
there is a very specific way that these companies have to fit.  what i see are a bunch of companies that are only in for the quick profit and bring guys in with expertise from various traditional industries but who fail to truly understand the inner workings of Bitcoin. or they run it with kids like Yifu.

What does an ASIC designer need to know about the inner workings of bitcoin?  Does knowledge & love of the bitcoin economy help in optimising the hashing algorithm?  Exactly what aspect of ASIC design requires *any* knowledge of bitcoin, beyond the hashing?  You realize that this is exactly the shilling i'm talking about -- meaningless grandstanding and empty verbiage obfuscating the lack of substance.  There is no cat.  There is no cradle.
[/quote]
you see, this is how you are so narrow minded.  it's not just about the hashing.  it's how they package it, sell it, market it, and to whom.
imo, HashFast actually needs me to help them develop their asic strategy into the Bitcoin ecosystem as a whole.

What does that even mean?  How is their ASIC any different from other ASICs, as far as bitcoin economy as a whole is concerned?

i don't need this project or the money involved.  i have a great career of my own and am participating in this b/c it involves the first Silicon Valley/Palo Alto based asic mining company with a guy like Simon.

In that case accepting a paid position is simply foolish, as is investing in miners.  You should have simply donated the money to HashFast & volunteered your time.  As it stands, denying you're a paid shill is impossible.   You are heavily biased both by your investment in the miners & are *obligated as a spokesperson* to promote HashFast.  If HashFast is, OTOH, paying you to speak your mind and ask potentially damaging questions, i have to question their sanity & will not invest in a company that spends money so foolishly.
[/quote]

i just admitted that i have to watch my biases.  not an easy task.  but given who i am, what i have accomplished in Bitcoin, and my lack of financial need for this project makes me much more suitable for this job than someone like you.  i think i can give a more objective opinion than you.  again, nothing personal but just based on how long you've been around.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:19:32 PM

the wisest thing to do at this point would be to cancel sales and regroup. Then come back a bit more organized and more details. Be open to taking credit card, pictures, specifications and details.. As I've mentioned before

there are so many red flags in this offering.

If you look at the first couple pages, you will see a mysterious twitter account was closed. No explanation.

Private policy that sounded like you are opting in to a marketing list.

Amateurish mailing list. Such as (Hello! New entry was published on Hash Fast. Visit it by following next link: Privacy Policy Regards, Hash Fast team. )

Now wouldn't you send out a short email with the privacy policy information instead of 10 words and a link. You know, be kind of professional about it?

An offering for 500K by some partner. For some great deal, lol.

Shipping costs to the US $600. Knc miner charged $138.

Payment only in BTC, no CC's.

Offer refunds only if they miss the deadline by to 2.2 months.

Lack of specifics, but more information will be released soon. Shouldn't you have all the information ready right now when you're selling a product?

I'm sure I missed the few things. But that's a pretty good summary.

Avalanche is a must own
minternj

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:21:27 PM

No, i mean what is his track record in ASIC design?

Fair enough. For me it seems that uniquify  has tons of it if Simon doesn't (which i dont know to be the case).

crumbs

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:35:24 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 07:04:44 PM by crumbs

ah, but there's where you're wrong.  i would never work with you.  nothing personal.  you have all the wrong viewpoints.  you don't seem to fit into the community at all.  which begs the question; why are you here in the first place?  all i see is you bashing every asic mining company out there.  pray tell us, what is your bias?

Well, of course you wouldn't work with Crumbs.  Did you assume the account i buy will also be called "Crumbs"?  Is there anything to suggest that i do not own several other accounts, each perfectly crafted for its purpose?  How naive are you?

i just told you i'm not here to bash other companies.  i'd rather focus on HashFast's merits.

But you have just compared HashFast to other companies, you can't compare & contrast without naming names.

there is a very specific way that these companies have to fit.  what i see are a bunch of companies that are only in for the quick profit and bring guys in with expertise from various traditional industries but who fail to truly understand the inner workings of Bitcoin. or they run it with kids like Yifu.
you see, this is how you are so narrow minded.  it's not just about the hashing.  it's how they package it, sell it, market it, and to whom.

Say what?  What does packaging have to do with bitcoin?  Are you talking about the chips or marketing?  They seem to be fine on the marketing front already, a partnership with a tiny miner called IceDrill.  Sure, IceDrill is as real as HashFast, but if it *DOES* by chance become a reality, we can start investing in graveyard plots for small miners.  Fortunes to be made.

i just admitted that i have to watch my biases.  not an easy task.

You said a mouthful there.  Not easy as in "Not easy for 2+2 to equal five-and-a-half."

but given who i am, what i have accomplished in Bitcoin, and my lack of financial need for this project makes me much more suitable for this job than someone like you.  i think i can give a more objective opinion than you.  again, nothing personal but just based on how long you've been around.

I wouldn't *dream* of taking this job from you -- i see you as an *ideal* representative of HashFast.  You do to HashFast in a single post what i couldn't do in a million years Cheesy

Edit: format
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 06:56:27 PM

the wisest thing to do at this point would be to cancel sales and regroup. Then come back a bit more organized and more details. Be open to taking credit card, pictures, specifications and details.. As I've mentioned before

there are so many red flags in this offering.

If you look at the first couple pages, you will see a mysterious twitter account was closed. No explanation.

Private policy that sounded like you are opting in to a marketing list.

Amateurish mailing list. Such as (Hello! New entry was published on Hash Fast. Visit it by following next link: Privacy Policy Regards, Hash Fast team. )

Now wouldn't you send out a short email with the privacy policy information instead of 10 words and a link. You know, be kind of professional about it?

An offering for 500K by some partner. For some great deal, lol.

Shipping costs to the US $600. Knc miner charged $138.

Payment only in BTC, no CC's.

Offer refunds only if they miss the deadline by to 2.2 months.

Lack of specifics, but more information will be released soon. Shouldn't you have all the information ready right now when you're selling a product?

I'm sure I missed the few things. But that's a pretty good summary.

if what you're wondering is this a scam as a result of the above?  i can guarantee it isn't as i've been working with these guys day in and day out as well as having paid them a visit.

if what you're saying is this is so amateurish in it's presentation that this raises the question whether or not they can complete a complex asic assemby project? then that's fair.

i can tell you i'm not getting much sleep as a result of this project.  i worry too.  my reputation is on the line with these guys.  but that is only if they are a scam.  if they fail from a lack of business sense then i can't control that to the extent that i'm not really a member of the company. 

the things you bring up are, imo, pretty minor.  we don't know who did the twitter thing.  Skrodenis explained the privacy policy thing.  the mailing list problem i hadn't even heard of.  he already said the company would refund any excessive shipping costs.  i've explained why they're only taking BTC.  not sure why this is so unheard of.  that's what Avalon did.  any refunds at all should be reassuring, imo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: