Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:44:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119551 times)
baloo_kiev

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:08:28 AM

So it's 0.15 BTC/GH October delivery? Sorry guys, you're too late Undecided

PGP: 6EC48BA7
Welcome to my p2pool: BTC
M3n70r

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:15:08 AM

seems like they are having issues with their wordpress powered eshop:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 103809024 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11026527 bytes) in /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/171515/domains/hashfast.com/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 880
Chefnet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:29:21 AM

what is with Rohs and CE?

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:38:08 AM

http://www.rohscompliancedefinition.com/

The definition and aim of the RoHS directive is quite simple. The RoHS directive aims to restrict certain dangerous substances commonly used in electronic and electronic equipment. Any RoHS compliant component is tested for the presence of Lead (Pb), Cadmium (Cd), Mercury (Hg), Hexavalent chromium (Hex-Cr), Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE). For Cadmium and Hexavalent chromium, there must be less than 0.01% of the substance by weight at raw homogeneous materials level. For Lead, PBB, and PBDE, there must be no more than 0.1% of the material, when calculated by weight at raw homogeneous materials. Any RoHS compliant component must have 100 ppm or less of mercury and the mercury must not have been intentionally added to the component. In the EU, some military and medical equipment are exempt from RoHS compliance.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dti.gov.uk/innovation/strd/cemark/page11646.html

CE marking is a declaration by the manufacturer that the product meets all the appropriate provisions of the relevant legislation implementing certain European Directives. CE marking gives companies easier access into the European market to sell their products without adaptation or rechecking. The initials "CE" do not stand for any specific words but are a declaration by the manufacturer that his product meets the requirements of the applicable European Directive(s).

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:39:27 AM

So lets make a giant chip that generates so much heat we need liquid cooling, nothing can go wrong  Roll Eyes

It's not like you get lower yields and tend to run into more problems with leakage and lower roof for clock frequency or anything like that with massive chips, no no we need maximum gh/chip nothing else matters!
Chefnet

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:40:32 AM

http://www.rohscompliancedefinition.com/

The definition and aim of the RoHS directive is quite simple. The RoHS directive aims to restrict certain dangerous substances commonly used in electronic and electronic equipment. Any RoHS compliant component is tested for the presence of Lead (Pb), Cadmium (Cd), Mercury (Hg), Hexavalent chromium (Hex-Cr), Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE). For Cadmium and Hexavalent chromium, there must be less than 0.01% of the substance by weight at raw homogeneous materials level. For Lead, PBB, and PBDE, there must be no more than 0.1% of the material, when calculated by weight at raw homogeneous materials. Any RoHS compliant component must have 100 ppm or less of mercury and the mercury must not have been intentionally added to the component. In the EU, some military and medical equipment are exempt from RoHS compliance.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dti.gov.uk/innovation/strd/cemark/page11646.html

CE marking is a declaration by the manufacturer that the product meets all the appropriate provisions of the relevant legislation implementing certain European Directives. CE marking gives companies easier access into the European market to sell their products without adaptation or rechecking. The initials "CE" do not stand for any specific words but are a declaration by the manufacturer that his product meets the requirements of the applicable European Directive(s).

thanks I know, I want to know if both is reached with the hardware. That is important for import.

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:46:51 AM

Does the BabyJet have RoHS and CE?

I suspect it does not have either but let them respond whether or not they do.

CE if I am not mistaken requires someone in Europe who is reselling to sign off that the unit is compliant and would be responsible if it isn't.

RoHS typically less of problem as more modern fabrication is RoHS compliant, although again ask the boys at HashFast that question.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:03:07 AM

Can anybody offer insight on these questions:
miner questions
- power (standard 110 US voltage & plug)?
- liquid cooled - does this have specific environmental requirements (meaning - can I run this in my basement...)
- "solely for use in commercial environments" - how do you define commercial environment?

I've been finding answers to the other questions I have Smiley

Power supply will handle both 110-120 and 220-240V AC. Cable / plug shipped will be USA.

The liquid cooling system is completely sealed and maintenance free, it can be used anywhere.

Due to the long time it takes to get FCC approval for residential use we cannot sell this unit for residential use. This unit is for use in commercial environments only.

Haha, you might want to let BFL customers know about that, that might be their hold up!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:07:20 AM

miner questions
- liquid cooled - does this have specific environmental requirements (meaning - can I run this in my basement...)
- "solely for use in commercial environments" - how do you define commercial environment?

Power supply will handle both 110-120 and 220-240V AC. Cable / plug shipped will be USA.

The liquid cooling system is completely sealed and maintenance free, it can be used anywhere.

Due to the long time it takes to get FCC approval for residential use we cannot sell this unit for residential use. This unit is for use in commercial environments only.

Haha, you might want to let BFL customers know about that, that might be their hold up!

There is always the end around on this make them engineering samples right? Beagleboards are sold that way as evaluation kits/boards right?

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:14:12 AM

miner questions

There is always the end around on this make them engineering samples right? Beagleboards are sold that way as evaluation kits/boards right?

Well if you're only shipping a few units a day you can get away with it...oh wait that is what BFL has...

In Europe it's anything under 2000 units, google Ras Pi customs, they had precisely this problem initially before obtaining CE...

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:28:39 AM

If you are only making 550 at a time... then you are pretty much under the radar and could do that.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:30:18 AM

If you are only making 550 at a time... then you are pretty much under the radar and could do that.

I know, I'm not criticising Hashfast, I'm criticising BFL!

gkm22d

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:34:00 AM

I have to give credit where it is due.  If every company published the info that is listed under "logistics" I think we would all be so much better off.

Bicknellski

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:35:55 AM

Wasn't criticizing you I was agreeing with you.

BFL and Avalon = Boycott.

hamburger

Activity: 241
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 11:40:56 AM

Cart

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 103809024 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11018427 bytes) in /nfs/c08/h04/mnt/171515/domains/hashfast.com/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 880

Datacoin : DHZ6H91fsDoBHbdqED3ysCJJ2TUh3zRMZD
Krugercoin : Yz3A9sTMp2yh5QLuAL8YQyvS5PdjHRHkkf
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:41:22 AM

Maybe BFL is trying to stay under the radar on purpose Tongue

You know, since that's obviously what is causing Avalon's problems with them shipping their chips...
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:43:30 AM

Maybe BFL is trying to stay under the radar on purpose Tongue

You know, since that's obviously what is causing Avalon's problems with them shipping their chips...

BFL? Under the radar?

Have they caught up to their backorders yet?

As for Avalon... they need to either ship the chips or refund everyone.

So ya... BFL and Avalon = Boycott them.

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:14:13 PM

BFL? Under the radar?

Have they caught up to their backorders yet?

Like, really deep under the radar.

Fuck it, can't wait until this market is finally matured and you don't have to take the manufacturers into your risk assessment anymore. I wonder which companies will prevail...
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:19:35 PM

In Allah's name we can only hope for that glorious day brother.

eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:03:09 PM

Stay Clear and Stay Away. Don't Buy because they cannot Guarantee Delivery Time and No Money Back Guarantee. Is Avalon and Butterfly in the making !!

Do Not Join any Group Buy!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: