Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:52:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119550 times)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:08:04 AM

@HashfastCL

Whats the situation with the upgrade-boards?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:21:00 AM

don't take it personally HashFast_CL, I'm sure you are a nice person and just want to do your job right. Your boss released you in a desperate situation. We are just a few pranked guys who lacerate everthing thats thrown in their direction. We made wrong decisions, based on false promises, resulting in a significant loss for all early believers in HashFast.

You know what, we are maybe a few pranked guys, but we surely won't lacerate if HF throws to us some sort of meaningful compensation instead of this "Wov, 500GHs!" marketing b***s***, which adds insult to financial injury. How about shipping BabyJet upgrades immediately with batch #1 BabyJets instead of shipping them later? How about shipping complete Sierra instead of bare bone motherboards for MPP? Do we have to think about those things or it is a HF marketing department job to think about some ways of improving customer relations buy acting in customers interest even if it significantly reduces HF profit from batch #1? Isn't it logical to give up some batch #1 profit to compensate their most worthy customers (we jump-started their company) after HF spectacularly screwed delivery time?

As a Batch One customer, I fully understand the anxiety and frustration of watching my BTC ROI dwindle as difficulty rises.

Of course ROI in fiat is an entirely different story and a source of much consolation.   Tongue

500GH per second is an engineering fact, not "marketing" BS.

Another engineering fact is that only a finite and very limited number of Batch One chips exist.

HashFast cannot use magic or wishes to create more, so shipping extra capacity is impossible until more chips are ready.

MPP chips have already been paid for and are being fabricated. 

Once our production line is complete, meaningful estimates for MPP shipping dates may be anticipated. 

While it has been a long process, we are nearing the end of the beginning!

Best,

-HF_CL

So you are saying that you will ship MPP before KnC ships Neptune?

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:24:27 AM

lol! neptune, and yes i have preorders their too, will most likely to arrive no earlier than may or june 2014. they said Q1/Q2 and in the asic business Q1/Q2 means end of Q2.

anybody who knows this business just one piece of shit should be aware of that.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:34:17 AM

So you are saying that you will ship MPP before KnC ships Neptune?

it is about the others: CoinTerra, Bitmine, BlackArrow and so one.

crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:48:04 AM

While it has been a long process, we are nearing the end of the beginning!

Best,

-HF_CL

ROFL!!!!  Now you're just trolling your customers Cheesy

"The road to mental health is right around the corner!" --JW, Desperate Living
SirWizz

Activity: 173

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:13:44 AM

^ Haha, might as well since they have their money!  Grin
derekleong75

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:08:44 AM

Second Question: What did a BJ cost back then?

Did anyone read this the way I did?
qwk
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:42:24 PM

Second Question: What did a BJ cost back then?
Did anyone read this the way I did?

I bought a blowjob in Nevada with Bitcoins, but then the exchange rate dropped off a cliff by the time I received my services and she only gave me half a blowjob. Trust me on this, fellas, when I say that half of a blowjob is pretty much pointless. I'd have preferred it if she gave me the latter half of the blowjob, even though it seems chronologically improbable. It is, of course, common knowledge in the blowjob industry that the latter half of the blowjob is what you're really paying for. In fact, most of us who pay for blowjobs would rate, in consideration of benefit, utility, and quality, the last 10 seconds of the blowjob to feature 90% of the value. For example, a 10 BTC blowjob, if offered to potential blowjob recipients in fractions, would only sell equivalently to the full blowjob if a first-half blowjob was offered at a rate of just under 0.5 BTC.

So, doing the math on this, my bitcoin-to-blowjob purchasing power actually dropped 95% during one transaction. I paid for a complete blowjob, but lost 95% of the value. If I was thinking at the time, I would have done the math and instead downgraded the service to a handjob. A full handjob has a much higher value than half of a blowjob.

As much as I like Bitcoin, I think that in cases where sexual services are being bartered you should use a hedging escrow account of some sort. This would essentially bring such services back to being dollar denominated. Yes, this is bad for Bitcoin, but when I'm losing 95% of the value of a service in the time it takes to merely perform the transaction, something is very wrong with the currency.

Also, sitting around in a seedy hotel room waiting for transaction confirmations and making small talk with a hooker is rather uncomfortable, mainly because they just won't shut up about Battlestar Galactica. In my experience, hookers who take bitcoins absolutely love Battlestar Galactica.

Furthermore, if this hooker had charged me for the total time involved (transaction time plus sexual service), and refused to be pre-paid for an "estimated" total, then I could feasibly pay an infinite sum of bitcoins. Say I'm paying for 60 minutes of services with 10 BTC and she needs 3 confirmations minimum before proceeding. On average, by the time 3 confirmations occur, 30 minutes will have passed. Now, if I still want 60 minutes of sex, I need to pay 5 more BTC. Then 30 more minutes would pass and I would pay another 5 BTC. At this rate, I'll never be able to actually have sex but would merely keep paying money for the time it takes just to process the money that I keep paying.

If, however, she charged for the transaction time but took "estimates" in advance and refunded the excess, I would still be paying, essentially, 50% more than those paying with dollar bills. That is a premium that I just cannot accept.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 07:01:06 AM

They’ve started assembling Baby Jets (overnight tonight). They aim by night’s end to have the first round of assembly done for 400 Baby Jets.

Hooray!   Cool

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 09:15:46 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 10:02:47 AM by Gyrsur

They’ve started assembling Baby Jets (overnight tonight). They aim by night’s end to have the first round of assembly done for 400 Baby Jets.

Hooray!   Cool
we will see. delivered by 31. Dec.

expect delays by customs. it's X-mas time.  Grin

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:04:36 PM

It seems they left out a pretty important piece of information... When are the remaining 547 boards going to be shipped to ciara? 

I guess if the board doesn't physically change, the assembly process can be learned on a beta board. It sure would be nice to see a video and some tentative performance numbers off the beta modules.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:41:10 PM

They took the Baby Jets’ chassis’ out of their boxes and opened them up. Removed their drive bays and other unneeded components. Unboxed the Seasonic power supplies, attached and labeled their cables, and installed the supplies in the Baby Jets. Inserted the cooling unit and radiator. Added an additional chassis fan on the back of the box. Then screwed the chassis back together, put it back in its styrofoam packing material, and stacked each on pallets.
So, the bulk of this update is something that they could have done back in October.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:50:39 PM

I have to admit that they got me, i was thinking that they fitted the PCB in as well and that they where ready to ship those 400 BJ...

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:43:05 PM

They took the Baby Jets’ chassis’ out of their boxes and opened them up. Removed their drive bays and other unneeded components. Unboxed the Seasonic power supplies, attached and labeled their cables, and installed the supplies in the Baby Jets. Inserted the cooling unit and radiator. Added an additional chassis fan on the back of the box. Then screwed the chassis back together, put it back in its styrofoam packing material, and stacked each on pallets.
So, the bulk of this update is something that they could have done back in October.

Exactly what I was thinking. I suspect the "eagerness" of Caria is a euphemism for the fact Hashfast booked production lines at Ciara. And since HF arent ready yet, they just had Ciara do some silly things like unboxing and reboxing cases without PCBs. Not exactly the most efficient way to go about it.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:38:58 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 04:32:45 PM by DeathAndTaxes

Exactly what I was thinking. I suspect the "eagerness" of Caria is a euphemism for the fact Hashfast booked production lines at Ciara. And since HF arent ready yet, they just had Ciara do some silly things like unboxing and reboxing cases without PCBs. Not exactly the most efficient way to go about it.

Which also points to the fact that HF 100% absolutely knew they were not shipping until Dec.   They are using booked production time because it is use it or lose it.  They didn't use any booked production time in Oct or Nov.  Why?  Because there WAS NO BOOKED PRODUCTION TIME.  They knew they wouldn't even have raw chips when they promised delivery so who would be stupid enough to book production time.  Sure this busy work saves some time but not that much.  They didn't suddenly decide on Monday the 16th to start working on a whim.   They are working because the client (HF) is paying regardless of if they work or not.

HashFast always knew they were shipping Batch one late late late Dec and that wasn't a worst case scenario, it was the probable scenario.  Oct & Nov was simply a lie to charge more.  There are no Batch 1 customers, everyone is Batch 2 some just paid double for nothing.  Now HashFast has run into some real delays (not the "fake" delays which brought the false Oct expectations to the always internally known real Dec timeline) and that might end up causing them to miss even their real deadline.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:06:07 PM

Ciara is based in Canada.  I wonder how long it will take to pass customs.

Customs out of Canada?  Probably breeze right through.  Ciara makes their $$$ by ensuring their clients get product pushed out around the world.  I am sure they have custom reps which will come to the factory floor.  Customs benefits, the company benefits, Canada benefits (jobs & taxes).  A production and distribution company which can't distribute doesn't have much value in the global economy.

The larger issue is your local customs.  This is the busy shipping time of the year.  If there ever was a time which had a backlog it would be right now.  That gets a little better after Christmas but depending on the country there could still be a backlog. 

So it could be:
rapid ship out of Ciara
rapid movement through customs
rapid ship across the globe
stuck "forever" in your local customs office

Sad
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:09:22 PM

So it could be:
rapid ship out of Ciara
Then the refund deadline passes and you have yet to decide what to do against HF. There is a reason if they never replied to the refund questions, they want to keep you in the doubt. Will they refunds the USD or BTC you paid? We have had our ethereal debate, but they didn't gave us an answer, apart from the private ones, so how will we know what's the right move? (apart from suing them?)

If you request a refund and they give you an USD one (that is what is gonna happen as i explained in my comic equation), you are even more screwed.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:22:48 PM

So it could be:
rapid ship out of Ciara
Then the refund deadline passes and you have yet to decide what to do against HF. There is a reason if they never replied to the refund questions, they want to keep you in the doubt. Will they refunds the USD or BTC you paid? We have had our ethereal debate, but they didn't gave us an answer, apart from the private ones, so how will we know what's the right move? (apart from suing them?)

If you request a refund and they give you an USD one (that is what is gonna happen as i explained in my comic equation), you are even more screwed.
it's christal clear. refund in the currency you paid. i paid btc to a bitcoin address.

cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:26:39 PM

It's not crystal clear to me. Please explain why my stupid LaTex experiment is wrong: https://i.imgur.com/1raDRJK.png
You refund in USD, you wait for the lawsuits to come, you pay for the lawyer, than, maybe, you refund in BTC.

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 04:28:06 PM

It's not crystal clear to me. Please explain why my stupid LaTex experiment is wrong: https://i.imgur.com/1raDRJK.png
You refund in USD, you wait for the lawsuits to come, you pay for the lawyer, than, maybe, you refund in BTC.

right. i'm ready to get a lawyer. help from the community is very appreciated.

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: