Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin will never reach $20 again  (Read 40267 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

So ... anyway ... closest it's been yet was in the last 24 hours Smiley
Gox Last: $16.34857 High: $19.18999 Low: $15.38613

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:33:13 AM

There are always people more impatient than me....

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:40:10 AM

19.20 is the new 7.20

Plan accordingly Cheesy
Anth0n

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:33:30 PM

Keep in mind the time of this original post was right after the huge crash in 2011 where everyone was saying Bitcoin was done for. It echoes the sentiment of the time.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:48:23 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2013, 02:59:35 PM by kano

Keep in mind the time of this original post was right after the huge crash in 2011 where everyone was saying Bitcoin was done for. It echoes the sentiment of the time.
Or, instead of making up excuses for the OP, check the reality of what he said ... (in reply to my post in the post after)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27348.msg415431#msg415431

Edit: and these two comparatively interesting posts Smiley
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27348.msg580099#msg580099
and
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27348.msg1101237#msg1101237

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1092

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:50:49 PM

This poor guy has missed the greatest opportunity that one may not encounter in the whole life

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 04:01:05 PM

The only people who thought bitcoin was done for, were those only in it for the profit and not informed enough to understand bitcoin's significance.

The price of bitcoins does not matter for bitcoin the protocol.

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 05:59:46 PM

The only people who thought bitcoin was done for, were those only in it for the profit and not informed enough to understand bitcoin's significance.

I remember those "dark months" after the bubble, where nearly everyone on the forum was spouting the most negative crap. I think people who didn't understand this thing lost a lot of money, and wanted to make the community feel bad about it.

Those of us who stuck through it were the ones who took their profit.  From weak hands to strong. This capital is too important to be in the hands of those who don't understand the potential of this system.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:08:04 PM

Remember when every other thread was about bitcoins imminent demise? My fav was the one predicting sub-0 prices.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:25:04 PM

I remember those "dark months" after the bubble, where nearly everyone on the forum was spouting the most negative crap. I think people who didn't understand this thing lost a lot of money, and wanted to make the community feel bad about it.

Those of us who stuck through it were the ones who took their profit.  From weak hands to strong. This capital is too important to be in the hands of those who don't understand the potential of this system.

I initially bought in at $14 after the high (i didn't understand the idea of correction at that point, but from the start I understood the fundamental idea of Bitcoin and stayed with it) - I sold out at about $7 due to cowardice, but I still believed and waited for some positive signs and bought back in more substantially at around $3.
I suspect every newbie goes through this at the price point they first buy into  - belief, hope, despair, hope, belief.
Bitcoin is a baptism of fire.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 08:44:28 PM

I initially bought in at $14 after the high (i didn't understand the idea of correction at that point, but from the start I understood the fundamental idea of Bitcoin and stayed with it) - I sold out at about $7 due to cowardice, but I still believed and waited for some positive signs and bought back in more substantially at around $3.
I suspect every newbie goes through this at the price point they first buy into  - belief, hope, despair, hope, belief.
Bitcoin is a baptism of fire.
At least we've put the despair part behind us.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:24:02 PM

The title of this thread probably won't be proven wrong by the OPs 2 year birthday.  If that ends up being the case, that's a pretty big bummer that a full 2 years after the big crash this market will not have been able to recover to 2/3rds of its all-time price high.  The reality is, unfortunately, bearing out that the rest of the world doesn't exactly think this project is as cool as most people around here do and I think that says something unsettling about bitcoin's future.  Sure, it's something that the market cap has made it to those levels, but that's mostly because of inflation and people just holding their coins and not added economic activity or more investor money.

FWIW, I find myself using bitcoin more and more these days because I might as well use it and use the value I've managed to accumulate while I can.  So, I'm doing my part, but, as has been the case pretty much since the big crash and all the hacks, I'm still not feeling very confident about bitcoin's future.  Still fun though.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:31:51 PM

The title of this thread probably won't be proven wrong by the OPs 2 year birthday.  If that ends up being the case, that's a pretty big bummer that a full 2 years after the big crash this market will not have been able to recover to 2/3rds of its all-time price high.  The reality is, unfortunately, bearing out that the rest of the world doesn't exactly think this project is as cool as most people around here do and I think that says something unsettling about bitcoin's future.  Sure, it's something that the market cap has made it to those levels, but that's mostly because of inflation and people just holding their coins and not added economic activity or more investor money.

FWIW, I find myself using bitcoin more and more these days because I might as well use it and use the value I've managed to accumulate while I can.  So, I'm doing my part, but, as has been the case pretty much since the big crash and all the hacks, I'm still not feeling very confident about bitcoin's future.  Still fun though.
And... the bear is back!  Can't help but to see a dismal outlook despite the many indicators of strong growth.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:36:46 PM

Proudhon: Where is your podcast!?
Im feeling too happy right now and need something to calm me down and cry a little. Cant you help me?
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:38:17 PM

Proudhon is one of the most sensible posters on this forum.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:40:39 PM

Easy +1 .
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:43:37 PM

Proudhon continues to be a troll bear till this day Cheesy.

Proudhon what investment do you know of that grows 288% in one year?

EDIT: and it has not been 3 years yet... We are in JANUARY. June would be 3 years....
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:47:54 PM

what investment do you know of that grows 288% in one year?

Yeah, that doesnt make BTC sound better...it makes it sound like an overly risky investment in a bubble.

...which actually is a pretty fair assesment of BTC.
robocoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 11:27:20 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2013, 11:38:52 PM by robocoin

I appreciate him for his fidelity. He is not just another lemming waiting for an eagle to get him off the ground. Cheesy And I think a lot of people with similar sentiment are out there (not only Bitcoin, but other places where people try to store value).

So alot of PR work still needs to be done, no wait I mean time will tell. Isn't it just normal that people lose their faith after catastrophic incidents like in June'11? You can't expect people to use or trust Bitcoin if it changes conditions like a student in Hogwarts on crack. The protocol doesn't care about the price, but why was it created for again? I don't consider Bitcoins usage too geeky, but for the most people it definitively still is something magical they don't even bother trying to understand at its core. So many contrasts in this community, I can only honor.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 11:47:02 PM

I appreciate him for his fidelity. He is not just another lemming waiting for an eagle to get him off the ground. Cheesy And I think a lot of people with similar sentiment are out there (not only Bitcoin, but other places where people try to store value).

So alot of PR work still needs to be done, no wait I mean time will tell. Isn't it just normal that people lose their faith after catastrophic incidents like in June'11? You can't expect people to use or trust Bitcoin if it changes conditions like a student in Hogwarts on crack. The protocol doesn't care about the price, but why was it created for again? I don't consider Bitcoins usage too geeky, but for the most people it definitively still is something magical they don't even bother trying to understand at its core. So many contrasts in this community, I can only honor.

PR work? While I admire the businesses out there proselytizing the virtues of Bitcoin, ultimately it will be the success of businesses that draws public interest. The incident in 2011 was a paradigm shift for the folks that don't understand Bitcoin, it was one of many to come. As far as lemmings and eagles go, I think one of them nearly did go extinct. Honor if a fine sentiment, but it must be earned.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: