Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :)  (Read 166551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:12:18 PM

So when is code getting distributed to the public? 1 week.. right?
Dumbo, it was public about an hour after it was released to the donators.  Just search the threads (possibly even this one) for a link.
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:27:42 PM

It's already released, it's safe and you can compile it yourself. Go grab it: http://cryptobro.com/reaperprime.zip

Edit:
Don't forget to say "Thanks" to all the good people who donated, without their sacrifice the rest of us would not have this.
mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:07:17 PM

Three things:
1. You should look at this like a kickstarter project.  You are donating to see a final product but not necessarily buying it.  The goal is to release it open-source for the community to improve.
2. Has the source code been released? 
3. mtrlt could do a lot to calm nerves by posting and giving some suggestions on getting it to work and indicating he will be working on bux fixes to make it usable
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:16:35 PM

It's already released, it's safe and you can compile it yourself. Go grab it: http://cryptobro.com/reaperprime.zip

Edit:
Don't forget to say "Thanks" to all the good people who donated, without their sacrifice the rest of us would not have this.

No one has anything now!  This miner is garbage. He didn't develop anything worthy.

What is the power usage like ?
Is the GPU under full load ?
not sure about power usage, but the GPU doesn't appear to be under much load as it's sitting at 40 degrees.

LOL!  THIS MINER IS AMAZING!  MY CARDS STAY SO COOL AND HARDLY USE ANY ELECTRICITY!!!

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:21:50 PM

Edit:

No one has anything now!  This miner is garbage. He didn't develop anything worthy.

Calm down man, I was just ironic pissing off those greedy fools who hoped to gain advantage over somebody by donating. Hats off to honest donators who did it not only for themselves but for the community. Asking for donations back is so ridiculous beyond words to describe.
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:28:11 PM

A couple of points.

First - this is a first public release piece of beta software; who knows what sort of optimizations will be created now that there is a baseline to work from. The first gen primecoin miner, for instance, while servicable, proved to have abysmal performance - it was only after other developers examined the code that Sonny wrote that they could introduce optimazations. Same could easily be the case here - it's far too early to tell.

Second - from the get-go, there were real questions whether primecoins proof of work would get any benefit from GPU's at all. There was only one way to find out for certain, have someone set up to actually develop one. Had mtrlt not stepped up to the plate, the community would have continued to yearn and clamor for one, even if every mathematician on this forum said it couldn't be done.

He offered zero assurance of the outcome, just offering up his own hopes and suspicions of what the end result could be, and sought out community support to do so. And he did deliver - everyone appears to now be playing with his new software; it's a beta - it's not optimized, and not tested on anything but the hardware he has access to. How can that be a scam?

He did ask for donations and promised early access to the software in exchange. That was to pay for his development time. The flip side could have been, if he had a private GPU farm, that he simply went and developed the software and didn't even whisper a word of its existence. He opted to go the route that would have supported the community had it panned out, which is, frankly, commendable.

Many peoples complaints seem preposterous... Donations were given to fund his development time and only that. He didn't promise to provide 100x or even 10x performance increases, only to work on creating a miner that would run on GPU's. Just because you want to consider your donation a sale doesn't make it so. Lots of organizations accept donations and give back gifts of goods or services as thanks to their donators.

"Hi - i donated to you, but now that i don't have GPU's anymore, I want my donation back".

"Because a different person that donated for early access released the code for everyone else to use, I want my donation back"

"I donated, but because the software doesn't perform according to my hopes, I would like to rescind that donation".

No - you can't rewrite the terms after you've given money and he's delivered his product. If you wanted strings attached and assurances, you should have worked that out with him prior to giving him money, at which point he likely would have demanded quite a bit more compensation because of those strings.

Are you serious?

"A couple of points.

First - this is a first public release piece of beta software; who knows what sort of optimizations the chickens will create now that there is a baseline to work from. The first gen primecoin miner, for instance, while servicable, proved to have abysmal performance - it was only after other developers examined the code that Sonny wrote that they could introduce optimazations. Same could easily be the case here - it's far too early to tell.

Second - from the get-go, there were real questions whether primecoin mining proof of chickens would get any benefit from chickens at all. There was only one way to find out for certain, have someone set up to actually develop a chicken miner. Had 2Kool4Skewl not stepped up to the plate, the community would have continued to yearn and clamor for primecoin chicken miners, even if every mathematician on this forum said it couldn't be done.

2Kool4Skewl offered zero assurance of the outcome, just offering up his own hopes and suspicions of what the end result could be, and sought out community support to do so. And he did deliver - everyone appears to now be playing with his new software; it's a beta - it's not optimized, and not tested on anything but the hardware he has access to. How can that be a scam?"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=286887.0

BAWK BAWK!  BAWK BAWK BAWK!!!!

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:39:02 PM

Edit:

Calm down man, I was just ironic pissing off those greedy fools who hoped to gain advantage over somebody by donating. Hats off to honest donators who did it not only for themselves but for the community. Asking for donations back is so ridiculous beyond words to describe.

I'm sorry, but you must be a complete fool.  Why would I donate money to develop something without reaping a financial gain???  It's not like he's saving babies or feeding the homeless.

Mtrlt obviously made a large financial gain off of this scam.  Why is it so terrible that everyone that gave him money expected a financial gain?

I donated because I expected him to make an effort to deliver a decent product.  It's obvious that he didn't even try.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
atomium
Donator

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Study the past, if you would divine the future.

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:43:54 PM

is this miner legit? people seem to be saying otherwise
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:51:20 PM

My chickens are mining primecoins faster than this piece of garbage.  Be sure to check it out.

You'll all be happy to know that I've consulted with the chickens and they told me they are willing to extend the deadline for donations.  They appreciate everyone's support.

Seriously though, just go download HP10.  It is significantly faster.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
atomium
Donator

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:54:56 PM

Edit:

Thank you for this link, does it work with windows? how can i open the application?
atomium
Donator

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:56:36 PM

My chickens are mining primecoins faster than this piece of garbage.  Be sure to check it out.

You'll all be happy to know that I've consulted with the chickens and they told me they are willing to extend the deadline for donations.  They appreciate everyone's support.

Lmfaooo! I'm running HP10 right now.
TheSpiral

Activity: 322
Merit: 113

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:59:42 PM

It may or may not work for you. It doesn't quite work yet, but I never expected it to since Reaper never ran on my computer. Expect it to get better and more compatible either by the community/creator. The code's out, anyone can skim through and change what needs to be changed. Might just want to wait for fixes/updates.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:01:09 PM

I'm sorry, but you must be a complete fool.  Why would I donate money to develop something without reaping a financial gain???  It's not like he's saving babies or feeding the homeless.
I don't know about your motivation, but I donate money to things that may not give me a financial gain, because they are fun, or interesting, or are run by people I respect and admire, or motivate me to do something else. Sometimes greed is not a good reason to do something.

wyldfire

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:19:51 PM

LOL!

Seriously, I know everyone's frustrated about the quality and performance of this release.  But I have read the code and I can tell a pantload of effort went into creating this kernel.  This is awesome, I can't wait to try it out (and hopefully improve it).  I thought I had a decent handle on OpenCL but it looks like there are a lot of features here that I've never seen before, so I guess I'm a bit out of touch.

ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:40:25 PM

Can you point me to a guide to compile this on windows 64 bit?

I was gonna follow this one: http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-3.0.0-BETA/mingw64_how_to.html
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:25:50 PM

It is about the whole DONATIONS for "its working 200% faster than CPU's "

It was at this point that I "DONATED" ......funny thing was that it was all lies.....

Fine we got ripped....thats fair enouh in BTC land ...but I am going to call it for what it is

He LIED & we got SCAMMED end of story

Lets consider for a moment that those were his legitimate intentions.

Because the money was classified as a donation, you have no right under the law to call him a scammer.

Although, of it was true, I think it would qualify as some kind of grey area donation fraud. Kinda like the KONY 2012 dealio.  I'm no lawyer.

Anyways. This software merely in beta. Why do you expect a beta pre release to work? Even Microsoft releases nonfunctional prices of shit sometimes. Tongue

Lolz........... for all of you einstiens out there ...beta means it does WORK !!!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:29:08 PM

I don't know about your motivation, but I donate money to things that may not give me a financial gain, because they are fun, or interesting, or are run by people I respect and admire, or motivate me to do something else. Sometimes greed is not a good reason to do something.

SO did u donate ...lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
2Kool4Skewl

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 12:04:41 AM

I am sorry, but this is too funny not to post.  Urushiol posted this in #eligius-prime.

<Urushiol> man, mtrlt … there are some dicks out there
<Urushiol> I have to commend you on maintaining your composure through all this. I can't imagine the pressure you've been under. I would have cracked a while ago and told the naysayers to get bent.
<Urushiol> I hope you don't feel discouraged. The fact is that you were the one to take the initiative to do something and actually came out with something. Nobody else did.

ohhhh the pressure!!!! THE PRESSURE!!!!
pfff... what a joke!

The miner doesn't even work.

He has initiative... initiative to scam everyone.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 12:21:17 AM

Is this topic of butt hurt ppl crying or we wana see better GPU support for XPM???

If anyone is unhappy PM mrlt and cry, we don`t care no one forced anyone to donate, even if it helped to start with GPU in any state is gr8!

I hope someone open a new topic and ppl could help, and not read garbage

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 12:54:46 AM

Got one block mined with a 2x7950 rig today. Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: