Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:21:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM] Working on a GPU miner for Primecoin, new thread :)  (Read 166551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 06:29:54 PM

Just for people to be able to find it easily.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PRIMECOIN GPU MINER WIN32 BINARY + SOURCE CODE http://cryptobro.com/reaperprime.zip

You can thank me later.

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mtrlt (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 07:48:23 PM

I'll try to have the source on GitHub this weekend.
akspa

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 08:02:12 PM

I'll try to have the source on GitHub this weekend.

Good, that's a start to move this thing along. We need to get this thing going, as right now it seems stagnant.
Asphyxiated

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:21:05 PM

tandyUK has the source on their github page https://github.com/tandyuk/ReaperPrime

no changes or anything but its up there if you want it.
ReCat

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 09:27:37 PM

I wonder how many months after the public release it will take until the GPU miner is actually mining at least a bit faster than the CPU Miner.

Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
mechs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:31:12 PM

tandyUK has the source on their github page https://github.com/tandyuk/ReaperPrime

no changes or anything but its up there if you want it.
It should be posted by mtrlt so this can be done in an organized fashion
hasle2

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:06:45 AM

I wonder how many months after the public release it will take until the GPU miner is actually mining at least a bit faster than the CPU Miner.

I'm guessing never. This project was a complete failure and a borderline scam.
mechs

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:14:11 AM

I don't know about that - just need some good coders who love primecoin to take up the project. Hopefully mtrlt will stay involved and provide leadership.
ReCat

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 12:34:25 AM

I don't know about that - just need some good coders who love primecoin to take up the project. Hopefully mtrlt will stay involved and provide leadership.

He said borderline. That means not necesarilly but it sure feels like it. Absolutely 0 of the donators got any kind of ROI whatsoever.

mechs

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:58:13 AM

He said borderline. That means not necesarilly but it sure feels like it. Absolutely 0 of the donators got any kind of ROI whatsoever.

True but now the primecoin community has a working, albeit buggy and inefficient, gpu miner with source code  to serve as a starting point.
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:39:28 AM

True but now the primecoin community has a working, albeit buggy and inefficient, gpu miner with source code  to serve as a starting point.

That's something at least, but yeah, the donations part was rather disappointing for now, to say the least.
mhps

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:12:25 AM

That's something at least, but yeah, the donations part was rather disappointing for now, to say the least.

Without the donations the GPU miners wouldn't have come out so soon I guess. The donation has worked more or less as donations should.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
akspa

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 03:42:19 AM

Without the donations the GPU miners wouldn't have come out so soon I guess. The donation has worked more or less as donations should.

As one of the donators, I feel a bit cheated. I had assumed that at this point, the gpu miner would be at least a working beta, not the mess we have on our hands, which really does not work. Perhaps mtrlt will release another update with various fixes he's got, but until then, we've just got an alpha at best - not even a good proof of concept. Perhaps it's due to the naysayers that he released it so early in development - and perhaps that's why he's keeping quiet as well.

Ideally, I'd love to see someone take up the code and develop it into a working miner - even if it's just GPU-accelerated - any bit that will help the cpu miner at doing its job would be appreciated.
mhps

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:58:18 AM

True but now the primecoin community has a working, albeit buggy and inefficient, gpu miner with source code  to serve as a starting point.

As one of the donators, I feel a bit cheated. I had assumed that at this point, the gpu miner would be at least a working beta, not the mess we have on our hands, which really does not work. Perhaps mtrlt will release another update with various fixes he's got, but until then, we've just got an alpha at best - not even a good proof of concept. Perhaps it's due to the naysayers that he released it so early in development - and perhaps that's why he's keeping quiet as well.

Ideally, I'd love to see someone take up the code and develop it into a working miner - even if it's just GPU-accelerated - any bit that will help the cpu miner at doing its job would be appreciated.

Sorry your inventment didn't or hasn't worked out. But as donation it worked out.

As a side note the investors shouldn't have rushed mtrlt to bring out the miner. Among the three factors -- quality, cost, schedule -- you can only control two. People demanded schedule with a limited cost, and they get a low quality product.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:31:43 AM

Yeah, we all know how donations work, but not many know how much a developer the caliber of mtrlt could make in the time he took to make this miner...pretty sure much more than the btc he got as donations.

It's not great, but it exists, and that's a big feat by itself.
FoldingTime

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 08:37:43 AM

Has the source code been released for anyone else to fix?
jammertr

Activity: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:08:11 AM

+1
mtrlt (OP)

Activity: 104

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:19:25 AM

Will upload here: https://github.com/mtrlt/Reaper_prime

As for leadership, I am not up for the job. I'm not a leader, nor do I want to become one.
busminer

Activity: 1764
Merit: 570

Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 11:38:59 AM

you gave me not working gpu miner...

usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:31:43 PM

Yeah, please release something that is able to find blocks and doesn't crash after 5sec-1min.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: