Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 05:26:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better?  (Read 2598 times)
Pipin Mali

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:06:50 PM

It's important to say that there is much less potential to earn money with holding. So i don't really understand why is everybody advocating this method. You simply cannot know which coin will succeed in long term cause there are too many coins. There's very big chance it will never grow much. But with trading you use every rise and fall to your advantage and and get immediate reward.
bitchubitchu

Activity: 175
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:22:02 PM

You can do both.Hold when you know that you will not get any profit or you will loose your money and you can trade if you think that you will get your money back and will gain from the original price.
podrick17

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:27:48 PM

trading will be good for those people how to play the game of trade while holding is for people that want to secure their investment with trust that it will give them profits in the long process. Both have advantage and disadvantage so it depends on one person if they will idle their asset or will try their luck to exchange it from time to time for small profits.

Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:31:28 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?
[/quoteI]
both of them are profitable in their own ways, both have also their negative sides.  If you want more money,go trading, money comes fast in trading but it is quite risky especially if you do not have enough knowledge. Holding,on the other hand is like saving in banks, but in holding, you are waiting for the next big pump and you will sell it.  So, I prefer trading because it is sure that I will earn.
Kousei23

Activity: 411
Merit: 335

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:29:34 AM

I think both are great ways of earning bitcoin, it just depends on who is the one holding the bitcoin. If the user is not fond of currency stuffs and does not want to involve himself to bitcoin too much, then holding is a pretty good choice for that kind of person. Trading, requires skills and learning. The user needs to be highly educated when it comes to cryptocurrency and mist need to engage himself with anything that has involvement with bitcoin and cryptos.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████▄▄
░░░░░░░▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄
░░░███▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▀███
░▄██▀░░░░░░░░▀█████████▄░░░░░░░▀██▄
▄██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▌░░░░░░░▐██▄
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███░░░░░░░░▐██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄████▀░░░░░░░░░██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
░▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███▀
░░░░░░░▀███▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀▀

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀
Twitter  Telegram  Reddit  Medium

░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀▀░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀░▌░░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀░▀▀▄▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░▐▄
░░░░░░█░▄▀░█▌▄▄▄░▀▄░█▄▄▄▄▄░▐░█░░░▀▄▄
░░░▄▄▀▀█░░░░▄██░█▌█▄▄▀██▌▄█░▌█░░░░░░▀▄
░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░▐▐░░▀▀░░░░▌█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀▌░░░░░░░█░▌░░░░░░▐█▀░░░░░░░
▐▄░░░░▄▄▀░█░░░░░░▀█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀
░░█▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░▄▀
░▐░░▀▀▄▄░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀░░░░▄▀░░▀▄▀▀
░▐▄░░░░░▀▀▄░░░▀▄▄░░░░▄▄▄▀░░░▄▀▀▄
░░░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:04:16 AM

You can do both.Hold when you know that you will not get any profit or you will loose your money and you can trade if you think that you will get your money back and will gain from the original price.
I think the best option is to holding. no need for any skills, no need for any special analysis, because if you look at bitcoin history price. the price will definitely go up after the price drop (dump), so do not cutlose just for continue trading. maybe it will give you more loss dude, better be patient and wait. trust me the price will definitely recover back soon
Bitinity
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1314

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:51:25 AM

I think the best option is to holding. no need for any skills, no need for any special analysis, because if you look at bitcoin history price. the price will definitely go up after the price drop (dump), so do not cutlose just for continue trading. maybe it will give you more loss dude, better be patient and wait. trust me the price will definitely recover back soon

Best option could be different for different people, it is obviously depend on their passion and preferences. Holding is indeed good for long term but it is not good for some people who are looking for daily/weekly income from crypto. If we can do both, why we should choose one of them?
For me, it is better to split our money. Half for holding and the other half for trading, it may give better income imho.
Targusluxe

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:59:55 AM

It depends on what is your attitude as a trader if you dont want hustle it is better for you to hold but if you are a trader that can manage to take the pressure day trader suits for you. But my friendly advice in every trades that you got to be discipline and don't let greed take over.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
ngacengan

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:15:49 AM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.

I prefer to combine both because by playing trading and holding a number of coins you have you will still be able to earn daily profits from trading and holding a very good coin because it can benefit long term.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:17:39 AM

It completely depend on you because holding always give huge profit but short term will always give short returns. So it depend on you whether how much profit you are expecting from you investment.

GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:27:27 AM

In my opinion, it depends on the coin that you are holding. There are coins that are good in day trading and there are also coins that are good in long term investment. For me you should know if your coin is for long term investment or  for day trading.

samanthacrypto

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 05:30:03 AM

this time you are not trading, i tihink BITCOIN will stable, there fore this time you hold any coin.
cimanu

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:50:01 AM

Its easy. if you have trading skill you can trade, if not  you just hold. In long run holder  always win.
holding coins is much easier. you need to get out of this. and not get involved in unnecessary bargaining.
Pedro18

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:52:08 AM

Due to missive rise in cryptocurrency market in last 1-2 years, we have seen that the HOLD is the best strategy to follow. Trading is risky and requires some experience in past.

Agree on you, trading is super risky specially when you are just starting or you are still newbie. Holding coin is really ok, specially when you bough the coin that has the potential in the future and you are holding that for long term like 5-10 years. It is really okay.
renz222

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:07:09 AM

Hold for the future use.  Wink
GeniusAko

Activity: 434
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:38:32 AM

I will recommend to hold your bitcoins. I know that you are afraid that you will lose your money on bitcoins but for me it is impossible to lose your money on bitcoins because bitcoin is full of potential cryptocurrency.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:24:02 AM

In my opinion, it is better to invest the big part of your investment to stable and suitable for long term like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple etc. that are top Altcoins which gives you much earning if you will hold.
Trading is good if you will know what coins will pump up soon and then sell once you have reached the desired income in a short period of time. But that is very risky because what if you sell it too late so your investment will retain there. So for me, it is better to hold and then sell once you reached the desired income.
Cherylstar86

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:47:22 AM

In my opinion, it is better to invest the big part of your investment to stable and suitable for long term like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple etc. that are top Altcoins which gives you much earning if you will hold.
Trading is good if you will know what coins will pump up soon and then sell once you have reached the desired income in a short period of time. But that is very risky because what if you sell it too late so your investment will retain there. So for me, it is better to hold and then sell once you reached the desired income.

Well, you have a point buddy but somehow we need to considered the possibe outcome of the kind of coins you choose. Actually, to invest is very great option though it's so risky which need to gather enough informations first before you invest. When it seems that the coin have a great potential hold it as much as possible then if you are satisfy on its value don't waste your time and trade it.
lil_jb

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:55:14 AM

It’s up to if you have the time and are willing to keep up with charting and news 24/7. If not then holding is your best bet .
Panderos

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:48:53 PM

I and my friend bought our first crypto in april 2017. I started trading from the first day for 1/2 of my deposit and my friend just holded all his coins and keeps holding them. Some of my altcoins now cost 2-3 times less then when I bought them, but I believe they will do XXX.
I can say that today my HODL friend is much richer than me  Angry

So if you are not a professional trader - just hold good coins
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: