Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better?  (Read 2590 times)
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:19:58 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?
I think this depends on the interests, abilities and goals of each person. Both strategies can be profitable but trade will be faster. However, you will need a bit of knowledge, skills and experience to be able to make a lot of money from the trade. Hold is also a good choice, but I find that this choice is suitable for future goals and you need to choose the potential coins in the future. I usually combine the two, depending on the purpose to choose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
I think holding onto your coins can help you earn good amounts of profits with very little risks but trading in the other hand, is very very risky simply because crypto market in very volatile and unstable. If you want to be successful as a trader, then you really need to have a very good sense and understanding of the market. HOLDing your coins is the best way to earn profits in the long run.
doreraj

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 09:24:03 PM

Depends on your capital interests, and character as well(to my mind)
because someone couldn't even sleep after make a decision to hold in any case and after looking how market falls...

try both variants))

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
zemb

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:18:42 PM

I think that hold is a safer choice than trade, hold us do not need to learn and ask too much as the trade but profit that hold network, we have to wait for a long time. But trading is much riskier, but the higher the risk, the greater the profit.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:58:48 PM

Hodl the coin if you think it has a good potential to increase in the future. It needs a research as to what coin has a potential because if you just ask for opinion of others what coin should you buy then most likely, they already bought that coin and suggest to you to buy so that price would go higher. If you don't have a time to trade then you should just buy a coin and then store it in your wallet for maybe one year. If you have a time though then you should trade because it increase the amount of your coins if you know what you are doing and have risk management.
Yes due to the steady increase in price of bitcoin nowadays,even more day traders have shifted to just buy and hold Bitcoins instead of trading and taking risks.

Hodlers basically just don't have the time for daily trading. Of course if you don't practice day trading constantly, you'll have less chance of becoming an efficient trader. So the next option is to simply hold, that way you won't have to concern yourself with the everyday fluctuation of market price

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Rkss4

Activity: 980
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:02:24 PM

For now hodll is the best solution because almost all altcoin has decreased.
I think if you hold until the end of this week you will not be disappointed.
Both is better when price is increasing then trading /daily trading is better and when price is falling down then holding is better.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌     Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬
spartanrules

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:37:18 PM

In this situation it is better to hold all your investments. If you sell your investments now you will feed the whales. Patience is a main weapon of trader.
BILGPS

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:04:02 PM

in our country trading will be more good than holding because all the time you will know about the price movements in market and in the case of holding you will only know an notice only one coin and the crypto market is good for over all and for trading it is necessary to have a thorough information of the crypto value and price history for the past time it is easy to trade where the crypto is actively trading and for this transactions you will feel happy and profitable.

ButtCrack

Activity: 432

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:28:18 PM

Hodl the coin if you think it has a good potential to increase in the future. It needs a research as to what coin has a potential because if you just ask for opinion of others what coin should you buy then most likely, they already bought that coin and suggest to you to buy so that price would go higher. If you don't have a time to trade then you should just buy a coin and then store it in your wallet for maybe one year. If you have a time though then you should trade because it increase the amount of your coins if you know what you are doing and have risk management.
Yes due to the steady increase in price of bitcoin nowadays,even more day traders have shifted to just buy and hold Bitcoins instead of trading and taking risks.

Hodlers basically just don't have the time for daily trading. Of course if you don't practice day trading constantly, you'll have less chance of becoming an efficient trader. So the next option is to simply hold, that way you won't have to concern yourself with the everyday fluctuation of market price
Yes, the experience can get from your loss, sometimes, it also can get from others or trading on the market. But the improve trading skills just can improve through trading every day. It requires a long time to reach the master level.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:08:02 PM

I believe that at the moment the market is stabilizing, so the risk trade will be very low, so a lot of people have started and started learning the trade, I think the trade is is the trend of 2018. With the strong recovery of bitcoin and altcoin, is showing a bright future for the crypto market.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:13:06 PM

Yes, the experience can get from your loss, sometimes, it also can get from others or trading on the market. But the improve trading skills just can improve through trading every day. It requires a long time to reach the master level.

Both holding and trading are risky but like what you said experience in trading can get out you from losing your capital money and sometimes you can get a good result. In my situation I must prefer holding for long term since I have no time from trading altcoin.

rokon123

Activity: 336
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:59:11 AM

My opinion is hold.because trading is very risk and if market is dump.so, i recommend you to hold and wait for good profit.
Argie021213

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:23:54 AM

It depends on the situation of the market. Why should you risk for something that you already knew would result into a loss? Timing is important to determine whether to hold or trade, monitor the movements of price before deciding. Our common goal in investing is to earn. Holding or trading has its own perfect timing of use.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:38:16 AM

everything has a good chance, depending on which one you like. But for me would prefer to hold it because we just need to be patient to wait until the price goes up. And why I do not trade because I still do not really have the ability to plunge in it.
mayankrajput

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 03:53:08 AM

Hold my ETH or sell in the market
nelmari

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:11:34 AM

For me both are great strategies, and people should not be scared of holding their coins for longer term and it does hold greater profits especially the longer you hold them although doing short term gives you an almost instant profit too. And I think you already know that when it comes to trading, whether it is for long term or short term, it is always risky.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:27:35 AM

For me both are great strategies, and people should not be scared of holding their coins for longer term and it does hold greater profits especially the longer you hold them although doing short term gives you an almost instant profit too. And I think you already know that when it comes to trading, whether it is for long term or short term, it is always risky.

Absolutely, they are all been said and experienced by others that is why people or users have been masters in trading they know what is going to do in there coin if the value are still approaching to increase basically it holds at all time. The difference between last year is bitcoin has surprisingly takes to upper limit were lots of speculation are come in true. So a lots of people have earned for almost 3x or 4x as its coin been increases.
s.mahmood

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 07:18:47 AM

If we look at previous 1 year market I think hold is better than trade because hold is more potential than trade.Before trading you must achieve knowledge about crpto market otherwise you do not get better result.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:43:15 AM

I am not really a fan of holding. So i choose trading. Trading is more profitable for me atleast. I do short time trading and i really earn a lot from here.
Everyone has got his own expertise and interest and decides the things based on his own interest. I think of holding of the coin like that of bitcoin to be the best possible thing to do and that is the most beneficial thing to do as well. Holding also involves less amount of risk and it also requires you to put in less amount of effort as compared to that of trading. Hold for a longer period of time to have greater profit.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:41:00 AM

it depends on your own ability if you do not like trading and just want to hold it. but if the trading ability is good then you can trade, but it's better you trade and hold coins, you can benefit from trading and profit from hold for long term.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: