Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys please no more talk of Bitcoin better than gold  (Read 26192 times)
Heavens Gate

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:32:17 AM

I am absolutely sure some folks do not understand what they talk while commenting. It is absolutely important that we stop comparing these metals with btc. The day will come when men will understand that comparing the real and the virtual don't make sense,
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:39:57 AM

Each thing is a thing to itself. If you say btc will replace gold you are saying btc will replace all metals of value. It
Makes no sense. Will Bitcoin replace bonds cause btc can have a higher yield. Remember, some day btc is replacing tulips at the moment. Open your minds a bit more and realize btc is not the end all be all. I love it, and have quite a bit, but I also have a safe full of gold. They are two separate entities, at one point it was confiscated from the people of the us and was illegal to hold. Those of you who keep saying this make me think you are not diversified and it's not always a good idea so stop this stupid gold comparison

I think you are too naive to compare it, for us especially people who have been involved in this industry for a long time do not mind this debate. in context, we are currently looking for profits on crypto and bitcoin.
so this discussion is irrelevant for now.
teterinal

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:23:41 AM

yes this is true. Btc should not be associated with gold as it is a completely different thing. Both are valuable for everyone so we should not say one will replace the other.
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:28:50 AM

Yeah of course,don't compare the different entities against each other.People like saying bitcoin better than gold because they see it from the profit perspective.Bitcoin can make them gain big profit because it volatility,while gold not,because gold have low volatility.
Driggers95

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:34:57 AM

Basically, gold and Bitcoin are the same, and all share the same purpose is a long-term investment. Bitcoin is still too new and still has a lot of risk and Bitcoin will disappear if the blockchain technology breaks down.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Morvarid89

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:48:10 AM

I like it and if anyone knows satoshi is who I think he deserves the Nobel Prize in economics. It makes no sense, go to Alaska, you can buy anything with gold. Gold has been a shop of wealth for 5,000 years and has a finite number of available and bit-pennies with it many clones with infinite number of numbers to choose from and subdivision
nazarovv

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:07:06 AM

Yeah i agree. There should be no comparison between these two.They are from completely different categories and should not be correlated with each other. it would be better to compare bitcoin to ethereum and other coins.
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:04:48 AM

Quite right. Gold and Crypto-currency, these are completely different disparate things. They are beginning to be compared to each other, apparently to show the value of bitcoin. It is pointless. The value of bitcoin can drop to zero in one day. Gold remains a value for thousands of years and so far it will be the same value further.
Ayaah

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:13:06 AM

Each thing is a thing to itself. If you say btc will replace gold you are saying btc will replace all metals of value. It
Makes no sense. Will Bitcoin replace bonds cause btc can have a higher yield. Remember, some day btc is replacing tulips at the moment. Open your minds a bit more and realize btc is not the end all be all. I love it, and have quite a bit, but I also have a safe full of gold. They are two separate entities, at one point it was confiscated from the people of the us and was illegal to hold. Those of you who keep saying this make me think you are not diversified and it's not always a good idea so stop this stupid gold comparison

Yes, I will agree to you my friend bitcoin and gold is different in characteristics, so it's not comparable. Bitcoin and Gold has a different in task interms of investment.
Anish02

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:16:07 AM

Gold and bitcoin these are two different things. How can we compare them? Both the things are valuable. Most of the people have always argued with this topic by saying bitcoin is far better than gold without understanding the value of both the things. for the comparison, it's completely different things.
KeijiN

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:01:10 AM

Yes I am supporting your thoughts that bitcoin cannot be better or worse than gold because it is completely different it is the same that we are trying to compare ethereum and bitcoin forgetting that they are completely different and used for a different purposes.
etnichalx837

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:50:38 AM

Bitcoin not comparable to gold for it is from the nature that's why everything is unique and may not to compare to anything. What I've knew is that gold is from nature. So lets stop comparing thing from nature resources.
Bitcoin was created recently, while gold as a commodity has been around for thousands of years. So, it is impossible for bitcoin to replace gold, but complement each other as investment. Having gold is everyone's desire because it is synonymous with jewelry, its shape is real and there is artistic value. Bitcoin has no form, even anonymous ownership. Therefore bitcoin is irrelevant compared to gold, but "value" can be appreciated.
Jedabucol

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:31:05 AM

I think have them as my asset would be good for my future investment and gold will never lost the value and gold also will never be lack of interest and bitcoin had through plenty process which makes this digital currency will be so valuable for me even bitcoin have good potential to grow more than now in the future so in my view have both of them as my asset will ensure my investment growing from year to year. This comparison is meaningless. Gold is only a kind of exchange, of course, it is valuable, but it also has shortcomings, not easy to carry and not be easily divided. The investment in bitcoin is very unstable, and bitcoin can also change our future life and change some of the inherent patterns.
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:39:00 AM

I agree. People should not think too much about bitcoin dominating the economy. Bitcoin cannot replace fiat currency and so most of all the metals with value. People should simply hope for bitcoins acknowledgement worlwide. Its acceptance by the government and be part of the economy transactions. Be an another means of transacting and in circulating in economy. Serving as another means to earn and invest for people. Lets not make bitcoin too greedy.
TechnoX_X

Activity: 306
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:42:01 AM

Of course gold and bitcoin are very different, Bitcoin will never replace gold. The function of bitcoin is not the same as gold. The function of bitcoin is to become an alternative payment tool, almost the same as FIAT money. Whereas gold cannot be a payment instrument but can be invested.
nikki4

Activity: 496
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:48:48 AM

Well, when the Bitcoin is really in a good shape in the market where its peak is going to moon, the people are really keep on talking that Bitcoin is better than gold. And now that the downfall of the Bitcoin is keep on its dip, people now thinks that it is the opposite. Meaning that they now think that gold is still better to Bitcoin. But for me, both are better if I have some of those two.
sormin

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:56:12 AM

You're right, friend! They are very different, As we know gold is not bitcoin, and bitcoin will never replace gold at any time. They indeed have the same high price value. But that does not mean they can have the same function and purpose for people.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:58:29 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 01:46:16 PM by maxreish

First of all, comparing bitcoin as cryptocurrency with gold is futile and pointless. Gold has an appearance, with visibility, the longer it stayed, the more it increases it's value. It is unusual to compare it in bitcoin. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency with it's blockchain, it is volatile and the price is unstable. Most of them who compared the two, do not really apprehend the essence of investments.
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:12:59 AM

Me too, don't like to see people keeps comparing bitcoin with the gold. At least gold is not a volatile thing, it is a metal and expensive too. Bitcoin is a digital currency, it's valued very higher than the gold mathematically, but people keep it with satisfaction. No worries about price increasing and decreasing. But bitcoin, in 365 days, bitcoin price stay downs almost more than 270 Days. So, i agree with no more talk of Bitcoin better than gold.

billionaireSHS

Activity: 269

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:57:00 AM

I agree with you sir, because there is no sense in comparing bitcoin and gold. All we need to do is to appreciate bitcoin and spread the knowledge that you have about it. Stop comparing the value of bitcoin to the value of gold because you are wasting your time !

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: