Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:32:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5469 times)
drunkcoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:09:48 PM

I'm sure that Telegram ICO will be the most successful so far. As I heard soft cup is $500M and hard cup $1.2B. Some experts say it can raise up to $2B which is insane! I'm sure that it's possible, because Telegram is a brand and people trust Durov.
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:23:40 PM

As Telegram is getting more and more popular in general, ICOs will focus more on them than in the past. So they're getting more important by time.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:30:16 PM

Today's ICO people see telegram community as been ICO success but that is not the case most times. Most ICO gives airdrop for joining their telegram group and people will jump in and full the telegram to get airdrop.

That the telegram community is pretty big doesn't mean the project is a success. The first thing i check is what's making people to join?
If people are joining because of interest in the project then it could be a successfully project.
paeackk

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:42:16 PM

Telegram stole the idea from the E-CHAT project. Look here https://investors.echat.io/news/article/536
AlexanderAnthony

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:53:15 PM

Telegram is like a group chat like in messenger a group chat where the members in there share the same interest (class, friends, coworkers) of course a group that has a lot of member in it is great but it is not the basis of success in ICO because a huge number or group in the telegram shows how many people are interested in the group  interested in a way they want to gain knowledge and understanding about the product or project but not necessarily they are in to it.

dtuna

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:58:16 PM

I believe Telegram can easily be one of the KPI's for an ICO through number of participants, sent messages and interaction level.
At the end ICO depends on its supporters and telegram is one way to create your community to convey your messages live and create the buzz around your project.
More a project is active in Telegram, more the community engages with it as a result higher expectation for a successful ICO.
TheIO

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:00:15 PM
Merited by Saifher (4)

I think the majority of people in those telegram groups dont even check it regularly. The numbers are bloated by bounties and telegram campaigns.
Gbambar

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:04:46 PM

i have actually seen an ico with 50k telegram members and still failed.... and i had to buy the ico too feeling that even if itfails we ll complain via the telegram but they disbanded the telegram after the project failed  so dont judge  by the number telegram members
Loveaaronbaby

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:12:43 PM

I think the telegram is a good ico communication platform, you can meet a group of people who have the same ico as you, and you can exchange information together, which is great.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1652
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:17:04 PM

Nowadays most of the ICO and Faucet applications are using Telegram and Telegram Bot's because it's easy to use and it has no cost like hosting, domain and etc.
BitandAlt

Activity: 191
Merit: 21

Decentralized Security - DIW

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:21:37 PM

I've been following many threads this week and including this one, even other Telegram groups are mentioning DIW token - http://www.diwtoken.com/?utm_source=XKOTOFWF , this is a sign that the community is growing. Which means that Telegram is an important means of getting ICOs out there for the world to see.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Moeda

Activity: 1585
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:33:16 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

Yes. I judge the success of a project can be seen from the liveliness in telegram and how many members in it. Because more are speaking about the project in telegram, it gets closer to success.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
itf991

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:36:43 PM

The the number of followers on Telegram gives a good insight if the project was drawing enough attention to the potential investors. Interaction with the team is crucial pre ICO. If there was any red flags can be raised and answered to build up a trust between the team and participants. A crowded Telegram channel of an ICO is always a good start IMO.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:44:38 PM

I totally disagree that telegram is a reason of success.

i have actually seen an ico with 50k telegram members and still failed.... and i had to buy the ico too feeling that even if itfails we ll complain via the telegram but they disbanded the telegram after the project failed  so dont judge  by the number telegram members

Correct , a high no.of telegram group participants doesn't means that project has got a great support from the community. A project can buy a telegram bot adding service or participants can fill a telegram with bots in order to get a high share of Bounty reserved(if there is).

Lookout thoroughly for developments a project makes and updates the community with their ideas and I only feel they are the ones getting success. Most of the rise in telegram users is only due to Bounty airdrops. You can't say if rise in telegram users is  actually true.

It's all fairy dust ...so get out from such illusion if you have such in mind.
Brito

Activity: 243
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:48:58 PM

In my opinion the telegram project is very good and they will have a lot of success with their ICO.
And I generally think to get involved in this.

billykannithi

Activity: 330
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:53:07 PM

Most investors always evaluate from the telegram as this is the information channel about the project. If the project has a large number of members, then surely this project is a lot of people are interested and can help us have a good view of the project.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:55:50 PM

My only question is: why Telegram? Why did it become the de facto main platform for ICOs? Why not discord for example?
Telegram is easy to use and it can contain huge number of people unlike other messaging apps whose groups can only take a few people.
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:00:36 PM

My only question is: why Telegram? Why did it become the de facto main platform for ICOs? Why not discord for example?
Telegram is easy to use and it can contain huge number of people unlike other messaging apps whose groups can only take a few people.

I'd argue that discord is more straightforward and as far as I know, most messenger apps nowadays don't have a limit on the number of people anyway.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:01:30 PM

Most investors always evaluate from the telegram as this is the information channel about the project. If the project has a large number of members, then surely this project is a lot of people are interested and can help us have a good view of the project.

Seriously?? Let me say a group of 50k bots and admins not updating anything about his project and bits posting "Hi" everyday or posting in other language or someone spamming other ref. links. How does that looks? Good?

Will project get even a serious investor? Obviously no.
lasry

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

I can say that telegram is one parameter that can say how famous the ICO is. Depending on the number of members
we can tell how many people knows the project.
 Not everyone has telegram so probably its not the measure of success. The success is purely based
 on the kind of project, the developers , the people that would support, the significance and if its worth it.

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: