Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:13:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Telegram the new measure of ICO success?  (Read 5463 times)
nunzio2012

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

The Future of Crypto Trading | Apollo

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:17:55 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

I don't find telegram for measure at all.
 Any ICO could create XXXXX group in just few days with some useless airdrop or similar tactics. Then there are thousands of messages and nobody is really following what they are talking about.

▄▄▓▓
                                                                          ░▄▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                                          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
                                                               ▄▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▒▒▒░         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            ░▒▓▓▓▒░           ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓            ░▒▓▓▓▒░
     ▓▓▓▓▓░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒       ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓░ ░▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓    ░▓▓▓▓░ ▒▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▒        ▓▓▓▓
 ░▓▓▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▒     ▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░  ░▓▓▓▓░       ▓▓▓▓▓      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▒▓▓▓▓░      ░▓▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░    ▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓░      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▄▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓       ░▓▓▓▓▓░    ░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▒▓▓▓▓░░░░░       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓▓░     ░▓▓▓▓▓   ▒▓▓▓▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░░░░       ░░░░░   ░░░░░                 ░▒▓▓▒░░          ▄▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                   ░▒▒▓▓▒░
                                                       ░▒▀▀        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒

█           █
   █       █   █
  ███      █  ███
  ███    ███ ███
  ███    ███ ███
   █  ███ ███  █
   █  ███  █   █
      ███  █
      ███
      ███
       █
       █
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 11:21:36 PM

Been seeing projects' Telegram groups blow up and I think that's an attribute of success. Personally, when I find a project, I do judge them by their social media presence. How active a telegram channel does say a lot with their demand.

With the rise of groups exceeding Telegram's 50k member cap...what do you guys think?

Article: https://news.bitcoin.com/telegram-followers-the-new-metric-for-cryptocurrency-success/

It is possible because for me i always read updates and some information of the ICO in the telegram. Admins can inform and interact with the participants to hold the tokens for it to risen up. Communication is the key for success of every situation. Creating a good community is an add-on for success.
potraviny

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:42:48 AM

It is a good indication as it shows the ICO has a lot of followers and a nice community behind it, but it shouldn't be the sole reason for an investment, it is certainly a positive though.
konfuci

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:16:49 PM

Telegram is just a medium for communication in order for you to ask questions in an admin of a project and it is use also in building community. Well, in cryptocurrency, for you to be trusted by many people you should first build a community. And so there's telegram to build one.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:39:13 PM

Telegram is huge for me. It also says a lot about a company and how excited people are about them. It's a great platform to interact with your supporters from a company's perspective. Polymath has been doing a great job with their group. they even opened up a second one: https://t.me/polymathnetworkST20
Having Telegram is another method to stop against spammers and other people that try to disturb the progress of the coin. Telegram send people notifications so they people can respond faster.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
johnleo

Activity: 1414
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:57:43 PM

I don't think so but for me it is a sign for good ico, not because of the user there but how the team spread the good news about their project, answer the questions from participant directly even sometimes solve the problem.
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 06:02:55 PM

Telegram is huge for me. It also says a lot about a company and how excited people are about them. It's a great platform to interact with your supporters from a company's perspective. Polymath has been doing a great job with their group. they even opened up a second one: https://t.me/polymathnetworkST20
Having Telegram is another method to stop against spammers and other people that try to disturb the progress of the coin. Telegram send people notifications so they people can respond faster.

Doesn't every other chatting platform? I don't really get why Telegram is so popular here. But, hey, whatever gets the job done.
rammanbl4

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:48:42 PM

Most investors always evaluate from the telegram as this is the information channel about the project. If the project has a large number of members, then surely this project is a lot of people are interested and can help us have a good view of the project.
prins

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:18:35 PM

Most investors always evaluate from the telegram as this is the information channel about the project. If the project has a large number of members, then surely this project is a lot of people are interested and can help us have a good view of the project.

The number of telegram followers is not the best measure for evaluating a project.
pimvinken

Activity: 200
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:25:42 PM

no, telegram is just a referecnce method for us to measure an ICO, there are many ways to measure an ICO but telegram would be the easiest to see how big the community and what the community talk about ICOs, so don't just take informations from only Telegram, we must take informations from many sources.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER     》  CRYPTASSIST               |▌  [   ICO HAS STARTED    ▶  JOIN NOW!   ]
            THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD           ⚫  WIN A TESLA ROADSTER!   ))
Telegram   /  ANN   /  Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /  WhitePaper   /
gutshot5820

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:49:36 PM

Polymath's telegram groups are some of my favorite groups just because of how active they are on there. Gives me a lot of confidence about them.
Snixer

Activity: 303
Merit: 43

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:04:25 PM

I totally agree with you, I judge an upcoming ICO/project by looking at their social media presence too and if their telegram channel is very active they got a better chance in going big.

No matter how good a product is, if nobody knows it exist it will never catch on in my opinion.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cryptovalute24ore.it   •  Guide Semplici e Complete, Notizie e Quotazioni sulle Criptovalute   •  TELEGRAM   ▲  Acquista Gioielli Artigianali con Criptovalute su FioridiLilla.com  
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:09:28 PM

No, but it can be one one of the tool measure to make their ico success, because there are lot of social bounty campaign to make the ico become  successful in the end. But most of the time telegram was also one of getting information update about the project if the ico is in good progress.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:18:47 PM

I totally agree with you, I judge an upcoming ICO/project by looking at their social media presence too and if their telegram channel is very active they got a better chance in going big.

No matter how good a product is, if nobody knows it exist it will never catch on in my opinion.
There are ICO projects that collect funds in a matter of minutes, while they are not so active in social networks. Regarding TON, I also think that it will be a bomb and a big breakthrough.
GirlBitcoin

Activity: 210

Dronair Best Operating For Cargo Robotics Industry

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:23:02 PM

The number of members working on the Telegram of a project is an important criterion for evaluating the community and their interest in the project. I usually trust more with projects that have a membership of over 5k and are active. Communities are good at deciding the success of each project, so having a large community on Telegram will make the project easy to succeed.
daxkie

Activity: 280
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:29:53 PM

Not totally but Yes it is one of the great tool to measure of ICO success becuase telaegram is one of the best engine in social media to huge the target people and a lot of interested people or investors looking on it and joining telegram to get daily updated informaton in regards with the project.
kiddeon123

Activity: 291
Merit: 101

https://icoenergy.org/

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:49:16 PM

Yes it is a good platgorm to measure the success of an ICO. with ttelegram you can get an update to what is happening to the ICO by communicating with other people who also joined the ICO. Plus it can reach many investors that can make the ICO succeed.

Kamelia

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:41:19 PM

its depend how active dev are answering all investors question. it also depend how active is the group. the team project also must be very active to give a new info about their project in telegram and to make sure telegram didnt died just like that. this also giving the good look to the investors of how serious are their with their project up.
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 01:42:53 PM

its depend how active dev are answering all investors question. it also depend how active is the group. the team project also must be very active to give a new info about their project in telegram and to make sure telegram didnt died just like that. this also giving the good look to the investors of how serious are their with their project up.

Or they could be busier focusing on actual development. Grin

That's why I don't really think an active Telegram is a good measure of ICO success. Don't get me wrong, it's really helpful and says a lot about the company but still, a working product, for example, would be a better indicator.

Activity: 242

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:45:48 PM

the community activity is an important factor to be a successful ico, and telegram is one of the community, slack and twitter are also important to judge the community, cause some projects dont build a telegram group

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: