Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47770 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 06:02:53 AM

Wtf enough with the religious banter! This is supposed to be a thread about BFL's red flagged Monarch.
Has the red flagged Monarch literally devolved into such a poison that people attack eachother trying to understand it?

Lol.  Religion, or a lack thereof may be the only explanation for the demons residing at Butterfly Labs headquarters spending our hard earned cash.  That was the whole point of this banter.
And now that you have clarified "the whole point" I'd say that we've all had Enough Religious Banter

For sure. I was done 2 posts ago.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:07:06 AM

Too bad Inaba doesn't have secular humanism as moral base it would help him greatly. I would submit that if anyone building a  600Gh/s Mining Card were to follow these set of values you would be more "pious" than most religious people on this planet and ship out a great product at a great price thus cornering the mining market.

Definitely ON TOPIC...

The others guys need to rework their own posts to fit in their digs at the card. A lack of ethical behavior is clearly indicated in BFL's advertising and fair game to comment on particularly for this card. Whether anyone understands that being a Secular Humanists means you have a definite set of rules to live by is not the issue but did dove tail nicely into the jab at Inaba.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:36:28 AM

We are all hear to sacrifice BFL & josh to the crypto gods ...

Never shall such obomniations walk this earth and offend the crypto gods for now and ever more

Even going back to the Sinclair ZX prophet who said --"What is a pre-order ? That sounds resonable delivery in Oct 2012"

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 08:04:11 PM

And Jehovah spoketh unto Noah, "What the fuck is taking you so long?" Whereupon Noah replied, "Building the first ever Ark is hard."

"Fine! I get it, Noah, but it's been going on two years now. How much longer?"

Noah cleared his throat and said, "In about..."

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:48:39 PM

And Jehovah spoketh unto Noah, "What the fuck is taking you so long?" Whereupon Noah replied, "Building the first ever Ark is hard."

He actually built it over 120 years.. (no not a joke.)
YipYip

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:07:35 PM

Really..... did he ...WOW.... considering the average life span around these fictional times was ~ 45 years

So 120 years old ...and still working ...his super/401k must have been quite impressive for somebody so old

He probably could have retired comfortable and sailed the world for the rest of his days ...or did he drop dead on the day he finished it or was it another miricle

I will believe if you believe josh when he says "2 weeks"  because both have about the same amount of substance  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 11:53:01 PM

Really..... did he ...WOW.... considering the average life span around these fictional times was ~ 45 years

So 120 years old ...and still working ...his super/401k must have been quite impressive for somebody so old

He probably could have retired comfortable and sailed the world for the rest of his days ...or did he drop dead on the day he finished it or was it another miricle

I will believe if you believe josh when he says "2 weeks"  because both have about the same amount of substance  Cool

Actually, the lifespan around these "fictional" times was over 800 years old.  The oldest guy who died right before the flood was 969.  God promised Enoch that He wouldn't flood the world until his son died and he died at 969 and that same year the flood came.

Since you think it's all fictional I don't see what the problem is.

Bicknellski

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:44:48 AM

When you deal with BFL it is all fictional. Just like someone living 800 years or the Earth being only 6000 years old. Thankfully the Universe is much older and more interesting than any man made fiction including these 600 Gh/s cards that have NO ASIC chip. I see the future and it doesn't include BFL or Avalon thankfully.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 02:21:32 AM

When you deal with BFL it is all fictional. Just like someone living 800 years or the Earth being only 6000 years old. Thankfully the Universe is much older and more interesting than any man made fiction including these 600 Gh/s cards that have NO ASIC chip. I see the future and it doesn't include BFL or Avalon thankfully.

Lol, I agree - BFL is DOA and that they're as fictional as it gets.

But nobody knows how old the universe is.  The billions of years theory is now dog shit since the speed of the universe is not constant like they thought so they cannot measure the age.  They can't explain why but the universe is now expanding at an accelerated rate.  Pretty funny since you need near infinite energy to accelerate the mass of entire galaxies so they just call this energy black energy.

To add to the problem - they now know the universe initially expanded from the mass of something the size of an atom and not some massive bulk of mass and that initial expansion was at a rate FASTER than the speed of light.  I learned this in a secular college physics class.

So see, it is absolutely impossible to measure the age of the universe and so 6,000 years old is literally as good a guess as billions of years and in some cases - the 6,000 years old holds more water.  Like the earth slowing or the moon falling away, or the oldest man made structures of any kind or trees which never die are not older than what biblical estimates of the earth are, etc...

At any rate, be happy if the earth is 6,000 years old cause it means the bible is True, God exists and Sonny the Convict, Josh the Troll, Inaba (sic) and Jody are all gonna burn in hell with their imaginary Monarch forever and ever.  And that gives me great hope.  Lol.

Bicknellski

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:44:56 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 07:08:30 AM by Bicknellski

But nobody knows how old the universe is.  

Ya ya they do. http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/03/21/age_of_the_universe_planck_results_show_universe_is_13_82_billion_years.html  "The age of the Universe is a little bit higher than we expected. A few years ago, the WMAP spacecraft looked at the Universe much as Planck has, and for the time got the best determination of the cosmic age: 13.73 +/- 0.12 billion years old. Planck has found that the Universe is nearly 100 million years older than that: 13.82 billion years." You should actually read more. Just like we know that BFL lie and will never deliver a Mining Card that will hash to spec on the date they specify because the evidence is they have yet to meet any specs or delivery dates for any of their units they have produced so far. FACT. Better to put your trust in people that can back up what they postulate with EVIDENCE.

Quote from: Phil Plait link=http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/03/21/age_of_the_universe_planck_results_show_universe_is_13_82_billion_years.html
But I’m human, and a big part of my brain is still reeling from the fact that we can accurately measure the age of the Universe at all. We can figure out what’s in it, even when most of it is something we cannot see. We can determine not only that it’s expanding, but how quickly.

I still hear some people say that science takes the wonder out of life. Those people are utterly and completely wrong.

Science takes us to the wonder.

YipYip

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 03:44:55 AM

But nobody knows how old the universe is.  

Ya ya they do. http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/03/21/age_of_the_universe_planck_results_show_universe_is_13_82_billion_years.html  "The age of the Universe is a little bit higher than we expected. A few years ago, the WMAP spacecraft looked at the Universe much as Planck has, and for the time got the best determination of the cosmic age: 13.73 +/- 0.12 billion years old. Planck has found that the Universe is nearly 100 million years older than that: 13.82 billion years." You should actually read more. Just like we know that BFL lie and will never deliver a Mining Card that will hash to spec on the date they specify because the evidence is they have yet to meet any specs or delivery dates for any of their units they have produced so far. FACT. Better to put your trust in people that can back up what they postulate with EVIDENCE.

Thanks....i was about to make comment on what was Vlads 1940's view of science but you beat me too it Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:28:49 PM

What do you all think of Cointerra?  I was gonna buy from them but then they cancelled their PayPal payment support and tried to tell me PayPal dropped all ASICS companies so of course I sent the guy a link to KNC showing they still accept PayPal and I got no response so I wrote back to Cointerra they're now on my scammer list.

Too bad, they look top notch - with a great team, but no PayPal is a huge red flag.

Can anybody add anything regarding Cointerra?   TIA

Wouldn't touch em  Tongue  No refunds= NO SALE/preorder!!!!!!!!!! No chip or prototype=NO SALE/preorder!!!!!!!!

Come on Bitmine,hurry up  Cheesy  Did I just type that Huh Shhhh,ignore that first sentence  Cheesy

Actually, Cointerra showed its prototype awhile ago, with the FPGA code being executed without issue--the same method KNC and others have used to build a foundation for the chip. I've talked to the owner and, like KNC, I fully back Cointerra. KNC delivered just as I knew they would, and I know Cointerra will also.

One of KNC's greatest strengths was their bevy of engineers who teamed up with globally-known OrSoc. Cointerra's similar strength is the design/engineer team, all former AMD folks who brought you our famous mining GPUs.

IMO, Cointerra is the US equivalent to KNC. I would definitely purchase Cointerra equipment right now if I had the spare cash. They have 1TH and 2TH units, and the best part is, these are being introduced as underclocked. Similar to KNC, you will realize even higher gains when the end of production comes around. With watercooling, you should be able to OC a bit more than the KNC units.

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:02:21 PM

A guy in the comments section here claims the Monarch is just using CoinTerra's 28nm chip.  Has that been discussed anywhere?

http://thegenesisblock.com/cointerra-and-hashfast-sell-17m-of-bitcoin-miners-open-second-batch-sales/
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:37:12 PM

A guy in the comments section here claims the Monarch is just using CoinTerra's 28nm chip.  Has that been discussed anywhere?

http://thegenesisblock.com/cointerra-and-hashfast-sell-17m-of-bitcoin-miners-open-second-batch-sales/
Yeah i would like to know aswell, Could we PLEASE get back on topic!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 07:10:01 PM

Related: http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/8/27/cointerra-launches-new-bitcoin-mining-custom-asic-and-machines.aspx
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:46:42 PM

The Cointerra chip is 500GH/s isn't it? The BFL is 300GH/s.

BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:28:23 AM

If Cointerra's 500gh/s chip is slowed down to 300gh/s, it will consume less power and produce less heat and BFL might be able to stick two on the Monarch board after all.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 03:55:22 AM

A guy in the comments section here claims the Monarch is just using CoinTerra's 28nm chip.  Has that been discussed anywhere?

If Cointerra's 500gh/s chip is slowed down to 300gh/s, it will consume less power and produce less heat and BFL might be able to stick two on the Monarch board after all.

Why would they stick 2 chips when Cointerra is gonna rape them on price?

Isn't .6 watts good enough?  That's by far the best in the world.  BFL already can't compete on price with Cointerra, putting 2 chips will cost significantly more so it doesn't make sense.

Now what does make sense is Cointerra is gonna sell BFL only their underbinned crap Chips and reserve rhe best ones, 500GH-700GH for their customers and they'll charge BFL premium top bin prices so then BFL has no choice but to take the deal or wait another 6-12 months and go to prison.  

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:17:28 AM

A guy in the comments section here claims the Monarch is just using CoinTerra's 28nm chip.  Has that been discussed anywhere?

BFL already can't compete on price with Cointerra, putting 2 chips will cost significantly more so it doesn't make sense.

Price =/= cost.   Raw ASIC (based on die space and estimated wafer cost) is on the order of $0.50 per GH.  If a company cost was double their competitor would it really matter in the short term?

For the record I don't believe BFL is using a Cointerra chip but cost has nothing to do with it.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 04:27:46 AM

BFL already can't compete on price with Cointerra, putting 2 chips will cost significantly more so it doesn't make sense.

Price =/= cost.   Raw ASIC (based on die space and estimated wafer cost) is on the order of $0.50 per GH.  If a company cost was double their competitor would it really matter in the short term?

For the record I don't believe BFL is using a Cointerra chip but cost has nothing to do with it.

Cointerra is selling them a finished chip.  Like intel selling AMD a CPU chip so AMD can then compete with intel.

The only reason Cointerra would do this would be if they knew they can dump crappy chips at a hefty premium.  Cointerra is cool cause they know this will significantly cut BFL's ability to compete or make any big profits and BFL will do it cause they're desperate to get out a 28nm soon before lawsuits start flying.

So when I say Cointerra will charge double I don't mean double the actual chip cost, I meant Cointerra is likely to charge them double the retail cost (look at what BFL sells their chips for to get an idea) which would kill most of BFL's profits.  Profits are always a function of costs, BTW.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: