Bitcoin Forum
December 12, 2017, 10:16:17 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Butterfly Labs New 600GH "Mining Card" - RED FLAGS?!?!  (Read 47331 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:33:53 AM

Can't wait to see the power consumption of the Monarch,if history is any indicator,it will be close to 3 times what was announced in 2013  Cheesy

600GH (+ or - 20%!!!!) @ 350 watts is what is advertised....sooo,in theory it could be as high as 700-1050+ watts....which makes it only a little better than an Antminer  Roll Eyes

3 Antminers @ 180 GH @ 360 watts each=1080 watts @ 540GH & YOU GET THEM NOW....not in March/April/May/June  Cheesy

Cheesy  There isn't a chance in hell the Monarch is going to hit those numbers.  IIRC the 28nm chip is based off their 65nm chip.  I'm sure we can all recall the bASIC vs BFL bet where Josh assured Tom that BFL was going to be at 1W/GH (or less).  Turns out their "fully-custom" 65nm design uses an approximate 4.5 W/GH.   Cheesy     The 28nm numbers should be good for a laugh.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erk

Activity: 700

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:44:03 AM

Can't wait to see the power consumption of the Monarch,if history is any indicator,it will be close to 3 times what was announced in 2013  Cheesy

600GH (+ or - 20%!!!!) @ 350 watts is what is advertised....sooo,in theory it could be as high as 700-1050+ watts....which makes it only a little better than an Antminer  Roll Eyes

3 Antminers @ 180 GH @ 360 watts each=1080 watts @ 540GH & YOU GET THEM NOW....not in March/April/May/June  Cheesy

Cheesy  There isn't a chance in hell the Monarch is going to hit those numbers.  IIRC the 28nm chip is based off their 65nm chip.  I'm sure we can all recall the bASIC vs BFL bet where Josh assured Tom that BFL was going to be at 1W/GH (or less).  Turns out their "fully-custom" 65nm design uses an approximate 4.5 W/GH.   Cheesy     The 28nm numbers should be good for a laugh.
There is always that possibility. We should know this week I would imagine.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:56:36 AM

All digs aside, I hope there is some promising news this week.  Some of BFL's customers really deserve it at this point.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:19:40 AM

All digs aside, I hope there is some promising news this week.  Some of BFL's customers really deserve it at this point.

Agreed. They deserve value for money. Let us see if that happens. Unfortunately there are few positive indicators at this point to suggest that. The overall design direction chosen may be the real problem and given the failures in the past it looks bleak for customers.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Tehfiend

Activity: 474

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:40:31 PM

Agreed. They deserve value for money. Let us see if that happens. Unfortunately there are few positive indicators at this point to suggest that. The overall design direction chosen may be the real problem and given the failures in the past it looks bleak for customers.

I'd say Josh's recent posts around here are a strong indication that he's learned nothing from the mistakes made over the past few years. If I had to guess, once they get all the kinks worked out of the 28nm design, they will no longer offer them to the public and turn it all into a private venture at the expense of all their customers.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 1834

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:24:29 PM

I'd say Josh's recent posts around here are a strong indication that he's learned nothing from the mistakes made over the past few years. If I had to guess, once they get all the kinks worked out of the 28nm design, they will no longer offer them to the public and turn it all into a private venture at the expense of all their customers.

If history is any indication of future action, then I would be obliged to agree with you.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO             
flounderella

Activity: 280

Bitcoin Enthusiast and Technology Evengelist

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:20:21 PM

Did anyone ever receive theirs yet?
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:22:31 PM

No.  Metal layer was flawed, another 5 week (at least) delay.

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:30:46 PM

No.  Metal layer was flawed, another 5 week (at least) delay.

somethingsomething clock buffer.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

▄▄▄▄              ▄▄                                                              ▄▄▄▄
████             ████                                                             ████
████              ▀▀      ████                         ████                       ████
████  ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ████
█████████████    ████   ███████████   ▄████▀████▄    ███████████  ▐██████████▄    ████
████     ▀████   ████     ████      ▄████▀   █████▄    ████        ▀▀    ▀████    ████
████      ████   ████     ████      ███▀    ▀██████    ████         ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ████
████      ████   ████     ████      ████▄██▄  ▀████    ████       ████████████    ████
████     ▄████   ████     ████▄     ▀████████▄  ██▀    ████▄     ▐███▌    ▐███    ████       ▄▄
████████████▀    ████     ▀███████▌   ▀█████████▀      ▀███████▌  ████████████    ▀█████▌   ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀   

flounderella

Activity: 280

Bitcoin Enthusiast and Technology Evengelist

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:10:39 PM

No.  Metal layer was flawed, another 5 week (at least) delay.

Ughh, yeah still waiting
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:42:45 PM

No.  Metal layer was flawed, another 5 week (at least) delay.

somethingsomething clock buffer.

Yet they've been clearing out their 65nm rack systems since Jan 2014, what do you think they are replacing them with? Fresh air? Wink
https://products.butterflylabs.com/250-gh-s-rack-mount-bitcoin-miner.html

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:27:34 PM

Gator is right.

"Delayed"

"Bum metallic layer"

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:15:38 PM

Anyone that ordered a Monarch didn't do their Pre-buy homework.... I can't feel bad for BFL buyers anymore

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 1666

I’m a sellout for $100!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:38:15 PM

Anyone that ordered a Monarch didn't do their Pre-buy homework.... I can't feel bad for BFL buyers anymore

I'm shocked that people really thought BFL would deliver on time or even close to on-time.

Why do you think they cancelled the paypal option for the new vaporware?  Now there's no way to get your money back.

╔═╗ ╦ ═╦═╔══╔══╗╔══╗╔══          OFFICIAL WEBSITE | TWITTER  | FACEBOOK
==== ╠═╝╗║  ║ ║  ║  ║╠═╔╝╠══ ====    OFFICIAL F.A.Q.  | TELEGRAM | TECHCHART     
     ╚══╝╩  ╩ ╚══╚══╝╚ ╚═╚══          10 MB, segwit, BTC ->
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:36:41 AM

Although it doesn't help when BFL uses misleading advertising as they rope in more "customers" into believing the Monarch is going to be ready soon.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
LittleD

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:16:53 AM

Although it doesn't help when BFL uses misleading advertising as they rope in more "customers" into believing the Monarch is going to be ready soon.

yep! this is what they do its called "starving the DOG"... they feed you ever so often just to keep you alive (false HOPE), in the end the DOG dies BUT their new Puppies ever day Sad sad but true Sad

Here's more false HOPE, josh just posted it today Sad  Tongue

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
southerngentuk

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:25:18 AM

Sorry, I only pop in here for lolz when am bored so I must of missed it...

What happened to all the water cooling pipes? has there been a breakthu in design?

Are they still delivering in 2 weeks ?

Grin

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 1666

I’m a sellout for $100!

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:27:23 AM

Sorry, I only pop in here for lolz when am bored so I must of missed it...

What happened to all the water cooling pipes? has there been a breakthu in design?

Are they still delivering in 2 weeks ?

Grin

Bhahhahaahaaaaa.

╔═╗ ╦ ═╦═╔══╔══╗╔══╗╔══          OFFICIAL WEBSITE | TWITTER  | FACEBOOK
==== ╠═╝╗║  ║ ║  ║  ║╠═╔╝╠══ ====    OFFICIAL F.A.Q.  | TELEGRAM | TECHCHART     
     ╚══╝╩  ╩ ╚══╚══╝╚ ╚═╚══          10 MB, segwit, BTC ->
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:23:13 AM

Well, atleast it seems that the product will be real, It seems they are going for "the apple approach"
User friendly, but yet cheap and underperforming in comparison to the competition.

I forsee it on tigerdirect

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
kalus

Activity: 336

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:32:32 AM

I forsee it on tigerdirect

maybe in 2016; Tiger's about to get their first shipment of jalepeños this month!  or next month.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.