Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:59:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3  (Read 22370 times)
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:37:41 PM

I think you can already see both sides with users venting in the last 30 posts:
SIDE A) Bitmain is screwing over the Sia community and those who supported the Sia devs by making miners for their own personal greed.
SIDE B) Sia devs are being childish and centralizing Sia by offering a fork that the penalized buyers of A3s who wanted to secure the SIA network.

I wish I could sell popcorn on the forums  Grin

Ya I don't want to see either side get screwed.  But the way it looks like the Obelisk miners are getting the shorter end of the stick.  I wish maybe they can do something to help compensate the Oblisk miners.  Like maybe they are mining a separate obelisk coin apart of the Sia Network thats minable by oblisk miners that have unique value or Sia can have a separate chain called SiaCash for bitmain A3 miners or offer masternodes to the obelisk miners.

I dont' know exactly the solution but I hope I hope they can come up with a solution that benefits both parties. A3 and obelisk miners

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:14:55 PM

SIDE A) Bitmain is screwing over the Sia community and those who supported the Sia devs by making miners for their own personal greed.
SIDE B) Sia devs are being childish and centralizing Sia by offering a fork that the penalized buyers of A3s who wanted to secure the SIA network.

Ya I don't want to see either side get screwed.  But the way it looks like the Obelisk miners are getting the shorter end of the stick.  I wish maybe they can do something to help compensate the Oblisk miners.  Like maybe they are mining a separate obelisk coin apart of the Sia Network thats minable by oblisk miners that have unique value or Sia can have a separate chain called SiaCash for bitmain A3 miners or offer masternodes to the obelisk miners.

I dont' know exactly the solution but I hope I hope they can come up with a solution that benefits both parties. A3 and obelisk miners
Miners can choose to mine on Luxor, which diverts a fee to the dev team no?

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
rummy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:54:28 PM

I don't think Luxor mining pool is set up for asic miners, maybe in future.
bigjee

Activity: 434
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:20:20 AM

Any idea how the difficulty will change over the next week or month.

Is the A3 another D3 ? I think its pretty obvious the Obelisk is done at this point.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:24:58 AM

Obelisk strikes back  Grin

We prepared for something like this by adding an extra feature to the SC1. We can do a soft-fork that slightly changes the PoW algorithm which would invalidate the bitmain ASICs, but allow the SC1 units to continue working.

And yet the SIA devs don't see the irony in criticizing Bitmain (Bitmain's pool actually) for mining empty blocks and being a threat to the community, while they are implementing some sort of kill switch in their ASIC.  Its almost like they knew this scenario would happen.  What a bunch of scum bags.

They knew this was coming. I knew this was coming. People in the Obelisk thread guessed this would happen.

Devs can do what they want - they are called developers. Sia community can give them the middle finger and stick to Bitmain's fork or they can give Bitmain the finger and stick to Dev's fork.

I'm waiting for Sia Cash to appear on the exchanges now, and soon Litecoin cash, Dash cash....  Grin

That's not a question the "real" community and supporters of SIA ask. They are clearly stand behind SIA and team. And the same is true for Obelisk team.

On the contrary - the voices for a fork are loud in the community and not in the SIA team.

The question that comes up much more - are the buyers of antminers real members of the SIA community? Do you have to take them into consideration?

Or should bitmain continue to eat on the longtime work of others?

This is not the first time a possible fork has rocked the boat and it wont be the last. The possibility of a fork can be viewed with the benefit of hindsight vision when looking at the other notable forks: BTC/BCH, ETH/ETC, ZEC/ZCL.

In each case everybody is going to claim the other side is a fringe and not part of the "community". Are people who buy pantloads of A3 miners to secure their vision part of the Sia community? Well they are mining the algo and supporting it, but they're unlikely to be adding to the development of the coin. Can you see Jihan talking with the Sia devs... probably not.

The big difference in the examples you mention and this case is that in those cases they are still using the same algorithms, and the forks occurred due to major differences in the vision of the future.  The SIA developers get paid by taking a cut of every transaction.  Unless Sia is run by the Corleone family, a hardware developer who makes a device to hash an algorithm shouldn't need to get the developer's blessing.  Someone who mines the coin shouldn't have to be active in the community.

Yeah I didn't think about the algo being changed, but for all intents and purposes it is the same functional effect. It's not like ETH and ETC are ever going to kiss and make up and merge the 2 chains again.

Here's the thing though, Bitmain doesn't need Sia's blessing. If Bitmain sells 10x as much hash power as the Obelisk, they could always continue their own fork with the current algo. If enough of the Sia community does in fact support Bitmain (I'm assuming buying a miner means you support the project) then Bitmain will become the major chain and Sia devs would have to bow to the wishes of the miners. After all that's where the money will be going. Isn't that the whole arguement with BTC - Jihan vs Blockstream. If people get fed up with Bitcoin core and BCH takes over in value then Bitmain will win. The free market will decide the course - or supposedly it's portrayed that way. We all know some back room dealings will go on cough New York Agreement cough.

I'm not sure I agree with the statement that the one who mines doesn't have to be active in the community. Yeah it's true that most ETH holders don't have a clue what a smart contract is nor will they ever run a PoS node, but every miner and node is supporting a network whether they like it or not. Bitmain made this clear with ASICBoost. There is politics in mining whether the miner likes it or not.

The things that sucks is that the little guys, us, the peasant miner, get caught in the crossfire. Either the Obelisk buyers are going to get screwed or A3 buyers might have some trouble finding profitable work with their A3s.

I don't really have any skin in the game with either miner. I just hold some Sia that I mined with my GPUs way back when I stopped mining last summer when it got way too hot to dual mine.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:30:16 AM

You know what be cool... Bitmain goes to Sia devs and says "hey, we'll compensate you guys for the wasted Obelisk development. We'll give your Obelisk buyers a chance to buy an A3 at 1/2 price that they can get delivery now instead of waiting 6 more months. And you guys drop plans to fork the coin and feature us as a Sia partner."

Looks like contentious forks might still be a thing in 2018.

Like I said, I wish I could sell popcorn lol.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:25:27 AM

I don't think Luxor mining pool is set up for asic miners, maybe in future.
I am pretty sure Luxor is setting up to ASIC. The Dev team is trying to push Luxor as an option for the A3 ASIC squad versus Antpool.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 04:14:30 AM

A ton of Antminer A3 threads lol but here's my 2c on the subject I think it's really relevant to well . .everyone who bought one because some of the SIA devs are potentially conspiring to fork antminer a3's off their blockchain

https://youtu.be/ADK6SUGfb6w

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Jijothomas

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:32:35 AM

Antminer A3 SHIPPING STARTED YESTERDAY 

Received my tracking No. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Donate Bytecoin : 21k7xfrwu3CccQH8cjjaW5SomcBSrpZ8QV1VtXujMqTUJmySXChTw8eJkqzMWkGLyNZDqx7rTTE2VWR 42JGCRW2yNzsoe9S

Do not use web wallet and mobile wallet for large amount of coins.
Nemedalist

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:49:23 AM

SHIPPING STARTED YESTERDAY

Poloniex  SIACOIN EXCHANGE SC/BTC :

"SC is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet/network issues. Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the SC team. Any updates must be tested and audited before enabling"
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:58:25 AM

SHIPPING STARTED YESTERDAY

Poloniex  SIACOIN EXCHANGE SC/BTC :

"SC is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet/network issues. Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the SC team. Any updates must be tested and audited before enabling"

I stopped using Poloniex ever since it didn't deposit 8 ZEC to my account sent by another poloniex user. It's been 4 months and they haven't responded to my missing deposit tickets. I moved to Bittrex ever since and still hope Poloniex will repond to my ticket and deposit missing ZEC one day.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
AerialGopher

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:08:03 AM

Antminer A3 SHIPPING STARTED YESTERDAY 

Received my tracking No. Smiley Smiley Smiley

I got a tracking number too!  YAY!  Now to find where to set it up to?  Which pools are the best?  I heard there was only 2?

And nicehash's live marketplace for blake 2b is pretty umm..  bad..

So where is the best place to mine to?  I'd prefer to get BTC or at least an easy way to exchange sia for BTC.

Thanks

FYI, I only have tracking number for A3, but PSU was apparently not shipped.  I do have a spare anyways for all my other miners...  See I knew it would come in handy.  More than likely the PSU will ship the next day.

nycrom

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:15:20 AM

Okay im also searching for a mining pool for my A3...

the nicehash pool looks good, but is only under GPU listed. will it work for asic?

and which SIA pool is the best?
harper86

Activity: 87
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:26:49 AM

Got my tracking number too. Forgive me for my ignorance but why would the mining pool discriminate between asic/gpu? The A3 will be using cgminer Im sure, so how would it make a difference?
c-none

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:28:24 AM

Just received the tracking no for my A3.
bubislav

Activity: 395
Merit: 102

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:09:03 AM

What method of shipping did u choose dhl or something else .... i still get not shipped and i chosed dhl ...

And are u in eu or china or usa ?

Jijothomas

Activity: 407
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:30:44 AM

What method of shipping did u choose dhl or something else .... i still get not shipped and i chosed dhl ...

DHL - Middle East

Donate Bytecoin : 21k7xfrwu3CccQH8cjjaW5SomcBSrpZ8QV1VtXujMqTUJmySXChTw8eJkqzMWkGLyNZDqx7rTTE2VWR 42JGCRW2yNzsoe9S

Do not use web wallet and mobile wallet for large amount of coins.
kryptolarz

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:00:37 PM

DHL here as well, shipped yesterday to Europe
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 12:10:27 PM

I got a shipping notice too and it was picked up by Fedex today 7pm in Shenzhen (Shenzhen time).  Smiley

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:10:38 PM

Just received the tracking no for my A3.

how so fast thats crazy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: