Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:22:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3  (Read 22370 times)
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:18:25 PM

I am in the US and cannot choose Fed ex even tho I have input my ein into settings.  Is there something else I need to do?

You gotta type an importer no. here: https://shop.bitmain.com/user/addressBook.htm
Yeah, but what in hell do I put there? Smiley I read somewhere that for a person the importer number is the SSN + 00, but I'm not sure I can trust that info.
Ma907xB

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:56:53 PM

I saw that Ant-pool is adding Sia coin to there pool. I'm having trouble understanding how to mine Sia coin otherwise. Do you think it will be similar to setting up an S9? I also don't see Sia coin available on the antpool to mine.
rummy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:19:37 PM

Its not added yet but they said they would add it. Hopefully by tomorrow they will have found a block on Antpool.

Check here.

https://siastats.info/mining_pools.html
Antlia

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

I saw that Ant-pool is adding Sia coin to there pool. I'm having trouble understanding how to mine Sia coin otherwise. Do you think it will be similar to setting up an S9? I also don't see Sia coin available on the antpool to mine.

I saw it in the Web of Antpool on 17 an 18 the banner with the stratum ip, but after that disappear. I hope this was a test and on tuesday will be back full operative, when the first A3 will be delivered, I am like you and waiting, i have alternatives to the antpool like a b plan.
Darknicks

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:35:05 PM

I am in the US and cannot choose Fed ex even tho I have input my ein into settings.  Is there something else I need to do?

You gotta type an importer no. here: https://shop.bitmain.com/user/addressBook.htm
Yeah, but what in hell do I put there? Smiley I read somewhere that for a person the importer number is the SSN + 00, but I'm not sure I can trust that info.

Yeah, you have to type your SSN (I understand your concern with this info), Tax ID or EIN (I use this) or Importer No. (you can get this from the CBP)
dlezama

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:19:44 PM

I am in the US and cannot choose Fed ex even tho I have input my ein into settings.  Is there something else I need to do?

Yeah, you have to type your SSN (I understand your concern with this info), Tax ID or EIN (I use this) or Importer No. (you can get this from the CBP)
It's asking me for both importer number and SSN. SSN is not enough. I think I've found an answer I can trust:
"If you do not have an IRS business tax number, you may use your social security number in any paperwork requiring an importer number." From here: https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/198/~/importer-numbers
So I'll fill in both SSN and Importer number with my SSN.
elmejorrematador

Activity: 107
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:23:41 AM

Just received my A3, hooked it up and doesn't seem to be connecting. Tried to go to Antpool, but there is no longer a Siacoin Pool to choose from the dropdown list. Are these A3 miners being blocked?

Tried with miningpoolhub, but nothing seems to be happening.

The hardware version says "Socket connect failed: Connection refused"

Looked into some other pools, but not really sure how you would go about hooking up an ASIC to those. Would I just put it like this:

URL:  sia-asia1.nanopool.org:7777
worker: my sia wallet address?Huh
password: x

Any insight would be appreciated.
dlezama

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:32:15 AM

Just received my A3, hooked it up and doesn't seem to be connecting. Tried to go to Antpool, but there is no longer a Siacoin Pool to choose from the dropdown list. Are these A3 miners being blocked?

Looked into some other pools, but not really sure how you would go about hooking up an ASIC to those. Would I just put it like this:

Make sure you let it boot entirely. What you see in hardware version is usually because it hasn't yet booted up entirely. In my opinion nanopool is a nice pool. If you don't know what a cryptocurrency wallet address is you have some catch up to do Smiley
elmejorrematador

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:44:29 AM

Make sure you let it boot entirely. What you see in hardware version is usually because it hasn't yet booted up entirely. In my opinion nanopool is a nice pool. If you don't know what a cryptocurrency wallet address is you have some catch up to do Smiley

Brother, I'm not an idiot, pretty sure nobody has hooked an asic miner for Sia up to Nanopool. They only offer dual mining from what I've seen, so you have to do ethereum first and Sia 2nd for the set up option they have. I've only used Nanopool for ethereum, so not sure.

Anyway, i let it run with Miningpoolhub and its starting to go...slowly. The lights on the A3 were not lit, then the red would come on, then off, then the green would come on, but it would not blink like the S9 and L3+ to show its working. Will give updates
eth_mining

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:46:45 AM

Wow. You are going to make a killing in the first couple of days. Congrats.
dlezama

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:50:02 AM

Brother, I'm not an idiot, pretty sure nobody has hooked an asic miner for Sia up to Nanopool. They only offer dual mining from what I've seen, so you have to do ethereum first and Sia 2nd for the set up option they have. I've only used Nanopool for ethereum, so not sure.

Anyway, i let it run with Miningpoolhub and its starting to go...slowly. The lights on the A3 were not lit, then the red would come on, then off, then the green would come on, but it would not blink like the S9 and L3+ to show its working. Will give updates

You ask for help and then when I try you get angry? Dual mining has nothing to do with it. You can point the Sia part of your dual miner to nanopool and ethereum somewhere else. Worker as your wallet address should be OK, I thought you didn't know what that was. Nobody said you are an idiot, there is no way of knowing your level of knowledge.
michaellu88

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:54:57 AM

congrats bro, hope you can try few mining pool and let us know the result. My A3 is on the way too. tq
elmejorrematador

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:17:39 AM

Nobody is mad, thank you for the advice.

Update:

Been hooked up for about 30 minutes or more. Having some issues it seems.

The worker seem to be connected to MPH, but the max hashrate is 54 GH/s, and I've only mined 2.872 SIA as of now. Still says Socket Connect Failed: connection refused, miner status was showing before (forgot to check the hashrate there), but now its blank again.

Seems to me like these are being blocked or the mining pools aren't ready for these machines (if thats even possible hahaha)

Anyone else got theirs hooked up?
dlezama

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:22:57 AM

Update:

The worker seem to be connected to MPH, but the max hashrate is 54 GH/s, and I've only mined 2.872 SIA as of now. Still says Socket Connect Failed: connection refused, miner status was showing before (forgot to check the hashrate there), but now its blank again.

Seems to me like these are being blocked or the mining pools aren't ready for these machines (if thats even possible hahaha)

Maybe it's rebooting itself? Check kernel log.
elmejorrematador

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:24:10 AM

Green light was blinking for a little while, then red light, then both lights off.  Green light will come on and stay on for quite a while, then stay off for quite a while.

No idea what is normal for these miners, but compared to S9 and L3+ there would seem to be something not right. Still seems to be connected to MPH, but the amount of SIA in the wallet is not changing, only 2.827 still.

I think I am going to try to off and on the machine. Gonna give it a little while longer.
harper86

Activity: 87
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:24:56 AM

@elmejorrematador have you tried siamining.com's pool?
elmejorrematador

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:42:42 AM

@elmejorrematador have you tried siamining.com's pool?

Ok, maybe I am an idiot, not sure what I need to input in the following fields for siamining.com

asia.siamining.com:3333

worker: walletAddress.workername

Lets see what happens
dt8666

Activity: 302
Merit: 102

Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:48:57 AM

Anyone have the A3 connected and success?

It seems like both the Nicehash and miningpoolhub not responding and the A3 just see Red light.
elmejorrematador

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:51:26 AM

HERE WE GO!!!!

siamining.com is working well. the problem i think was miningpool hub

THere is the option to overclock, going to monitor the miner for a little while longer then give the overclock a go. You can also control fan speed

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:13:44 AM

Update:

its too fast, check with antpool or suprnova
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: