Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:23:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3  (Read 22368 times)
Boneyg001

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:06:27 AM

Just received the miner. It is freaking loud at my apartment. I am pretty sure someone is going to complain. I tried setting the fan speed to 70% but chip temperature is going beyond 90 C. What is the ideal fan speed and temperature guys? PCB is around 70 and chip around 100.. Is that too much?

PCB can never go to 80 or it will break...

Try to keep it at 60-70 for best results.

I recommend opening your window and pointing the outtake fan towards it. Also, You can only lower the fan if you are going to lower the frequency as well otherwise it will overheat.

I recommend getting earplugs to sleep because it will be hard but would be best for right now. Either that or call a friend and ask them to run it in a spare room for the next 1 week while you buy fan shrouds, cooler, and insulated flexible duct to make a box to silent it a little.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Boneyg001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:10:25 AM

Any rule of thumb to know how many HW errors are "ok", like per hour or day?
I have one board getting way more than the other 2,

In 3 hrs and 22 mins, 642 HW, the others 21 and 30

Thanks!

Hardware errors are generally ok as long as the temperatures are staying stable along with a "stablish" voltage supply to the machine.

Source: (I get over 200,000 hardware errors a day on my d3 simply because I only have a 120 volt power and not 220)  Grin
Boneyg001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:12:34 AM

Harper86 and Cryptonica helped me out getting a backup of the A3 firmware. thanks for that guys!  Cool As others already found out as well: The A3 and D3 are very similar. I even found out that the software inside the controller chips on the hashing boards is exactly the same.
Out of curiosity I tried to run the A3 firmware on the D3 and the A3 firmware actually detects the ASIC chips and tries to  start mining on the D3 hardware. Looking at the logging it's fine, but it doesn't accept the work as Bitmain did actually changed something on the ASIC chips I guess. I do think they used the D3 as a base and stripped out 10 of x11 algorithms.

For now the conclusion is that you can't convert the D3 to an A3.
It probably does need reprogramming of the ASIC chips on the hashing boards itself.

what about converting the A3 to d3? LMfao that would be pure profit..

Anyways plz come out with a3 firmware so I can run silent mode and customize the boards. Thanks!
frands1

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:18:15 AM

Any rule of thumb to know how many HW errors are "ok", like per hour or day?
I have one board getting way more than the other 2,

In 3 hrs and 22 mins, 642 HW, the others 21 and 30

Thanks!

Hardware errors are generally ok as long as the temperatures are staying stable along with a "stablish" voltage supply to the machine.

Source: (I get over 200,000 hardware errors a day on my d3 simply because I only have a 120 volt power and not 220)  Grin

Thanks!
eth_mining

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:23:11 AM

Just received the miner. It is freaking loud at my apartment. I am pretty sure someone is going to complain. I tried setting the fan speed to 70% but chip temperature is going beyond 90 C. What is the ideal fan speed and temperature guys? PCB is around 70 and chip around 100.. Is that too much?

I recommend opening your window and pointing the outtake fan towards it. Also, You can only lower the fan if you are going to lower the frequency as well otherwise it will overheat.

I recommend getting earplugs to sleep because it will be hard but would be best for right now. Either that or call a friend and ask them to run it in a spare room for the next 1 week while you buy fan shrouds, cooler, and insulated flexible duct to make a box to silent it a little.

Window is open and people walking outside can hear it very well. It is like a vacuum cleaner running lol

Right now, the fans are at 5800 RPM (auto mode), PCB is 65-70, chip temp is 90-92. Getting 830 GHS

I tried setting fan speed to 70%. That significantly reduced the noise but chip temp were at 100 within few mins. I switched back the fan speed to auto. If I let it say at 70%, chip temp would hit 110 I guess. lol.

Now, what is the max chip temp that is "ok" for device to at least last 6-7 month?

If I want to lower the noise, I guess I have to underclock. Is "frequency" the settings to underclock? Can you tell me what range I should try changing and play with so I can lower the noise (and also hopefully keep the temperature ideal)?

Sorry about too many questions. This is my first ASIC. Have been running GPU rigs always...
Moon2eth

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:36:25 AM

No kidding, I love money as much as the next guy but the A3 is so ridiculously loud I had to turn it off and build my sound proofing box before turning it on back on.

Go look up YouTube and search for the cooler style sound proofing box. I reduced mine from 70db to 30db, not exaggerating. Also make sure to buy some sound proofing foam because the sound echos inside the cooler. If you have an old carpet or yogamat lay it on top of the cooler and it'll further dampen the noise. It went from holy shit call the police loud to being the same volume as most gpus at 100%.

I'm still surprised how powerful the 120mm fan is. It moves my ceiling fan if I point the exhaust duct at it.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:36:47 AM

Window is open and people walking outside can hear it very well. It is like a vacuum cleaner running lol

Right now, the fans are at 5800 RPM (auto mode), PCB is 65-70, chip temp is 90-92. Getting 830 GHS

I tried setting fan speed to 70%. That significantly reduced the noise but chip temp were at 100 within few mins. I switched back the fan speed to auto. If I let it say at 70%, chip temp would hit 110 I guess. lol.

Now, what is the max chip temp that is "ok" for device to at least last 6-7 month?

If I want to lower the noise, I guess I have to underclock. Is "frequency" the settings to underclock? Can you tell me what range I should try changing and play with so I can lower the noise (and also hopefully keep the temperature ideal)?

Sorry about too many questions. This is my first ASIC. Have been running GPU rigs always...

I underclocked mine to 550 and they're still running at 75C with 30F air on the input side.

nwo69

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:42:18 AM

My antminer A3 arrived one hashboard dead .
1st time I plugged in,One blade is dead.
PLEASE see the picture.
http://fantom.tokyo/A3config.PNG
then
http://fantom.tokyo/A3ASICDEAD.PNG
and
http://fantom.tokyo/A31DEAD.PNG

so I switched 18pin cable connection 1and2 and still board1 is dead(this time board1 is chain2)
http://fantom.tokyo/A3changeconnect.PNG

So please give me advise:-(

Same happened to me with two different A3s. Did you solve the problem?

Forum member Mr. Bliss help me out with firmware and I flashed it.
But Ohhh one hashboard is still dead 1st shows 3 ASIC alive but in few minute dead.
So My friend our BLADE came faulty.

All we have to do is now asking BITMAIN for treatment.

People with fine A3 congratulation for nice harvest .
Who are not let's do our best .
Peace out.
eth_mining

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:51:32 AM

I underclocked mine to 550 and they're still running at 75C with 30F air on the input side.

I do not have a portable AC to point to the miner. Silly question - when you say input side, it is the side that has the ethernet port, right? Also, which side should face the window? Smiley The side that blows air out like crazy right? And the ethernet port side should face inside the room? Correct?

I lowered the freq to 550, PCB is at 65-70, chip temp at 85-90. Outside temperate is 30 F and the big window in the room is open but its still running so freaking hot.

Will this fan do any help for my situation? I do have that lol - https://www.staples.com/product_2143666
nwo69

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:13:07 AM

Wow, Over 2200 new A3's went online in the past 24 hours !
Network went up from 500TH's 4 days ago to 2700THs..

difficulty is at 2.3T

have you reset it?

My case it helped.
nwo69

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:29:05 AM

PLEASE see the picture.
then
and

so I switched 18pin cable connection 1and2 and still board1 is dead(this time board1 is chain2)

That's just a dead board plain and simple. Aside from getting warranty work done on it there's not a lot you can do. Could be power circuity, and if your good with soldering iron you might be able to fix it. But i would not advise doing it while under warranty. I'd just get it replaced. Unfortunately profitability is going to be much less by the time you'd get it back. Personally i'd ride it out on two boards till the gold rush is over, then send it in.

Mr. SIN3R6Y thank you for your suggestion. And that's what I am thinking of
I lost HIGH TIMES of 1/3 with dead brade and more time with tons of rebooting.
nwo I'm in siamining 'cause Luxor caused HW errors and couldn't mine.
So I stick with siamining for rest of harvest.
And later repair.
johnny_blaze

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:48:57 AM

PLEASE see the picture.
then
and

That's just a dead board plain and simple. Aside from getting warranty work done on it there's not a lot you can do. Could be power circuity, and if your good with soldering iron you might be able to fix it. But i would not advise doing it while under warranty. I'd just get it replaced. Unfortunately profitability is going to be much less by the time you'd get it back. Personally i'd ride it out on two boards till the gold rush is over, then send it in.

Mr. SIN3R6Y thank you for your suggestion. And that's what I am thinking of
I lost HIGH TIMES of 1/3 with dead brade and more time with tons of rebooting.
nwo I'm in siamining 'cause Luxor caused HW errors and couldn't mine.
So I stick with siamining for rest of harvest.
And later repair.

repair? what for? later it's gonna be another brick in bitmain's wall
Boneyg001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:51:17 AM

PLEASE see the picture.
then
and

Forum member Mr. Bliss help me out with firmware and I flashed it.
But Ohhh one hashboard is still dead 1st shows 3 ASIC alive but in few minute dead.
So My friend our BLADE came faulty.

All we have to do is now asking BITMAIN for treatment.

People with fine A3 congratulation for nice harvest .
Who are not let's do our best .
Peace out.

That looks a lot like a Power supply problem,

Try to unplug PCIE cables from boards 1/2 and chain 1/2 --> test board 3 (see if it works)

Then,
Try to unplug PCIE cables from boards 2/3 and chain 2/3 --> test board 1 (see if it works)
Then,
Try to unplug PCIE cables from boards 1/3 and chain 1/3 --> test board 2 (see if it works)

If they all three work then chances are it's a power supply issue.

Another thing, try to move the location to a different wall outlet and test it there that sometimes works for me.
BTC22

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:54:01 AM

Some local guy is trying to sell one for $8500. Will these be hard to get? I know they are sold out now.
Boneyg001

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:55:15 AM

I do not have a portable AC to point to the miner. Silly question - when you say input side, it is the side that has the ethernet port, right? Also, which side should face the window? Smiley The side that blows air out like crazy right? And the ethernet port side should face inside the room? Correct?

I lowered the freq to 550, PCB is at 65-70, chip temp at 85-90. Outside temperate is 30 F and the big window in the room is open but its still running so freaking hot.

Will this fan do any help for my situation? I do have that lol - https://www.staples.com/product_2143666

Have your window all the way open as much as possible. I'd aim the Hot air towards (backside without ethernet) towards the outside window so the room it self-stays cool. With the window, wide open, the cooler outside air should come in and reduce the temperature. Keep the fan setting on full and possibly consider shutting the miner off for 10 minutes and letting it chill either outside or with a cool fan blowing on it.

If you have that fan go ahead and you can point it towards the intake (front) side to try and cool it down a little. Otherwise don't bother buying that.
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:11:02 AM

Some local guy is trying to sell one for $8500. Will these be hard to get? I know they are sold out now.

im also selling same price. i would think so because chinese new year is approaching soon, so dont think bitmain will be releasing another batch til march.. lets hope so.
SIN3R6Y

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:34:10 AM

Let this be a PSA to everyone check your temps. If the chips are over 80C you need to ramp up the fans. With 75F/24C ambient temps, mine would hit 75C with 100% fans! I moved the miner into my garage with 32F/0C ambient temps and the chips are still running 65C... If you are hitting 80C or higher you are risking a dead board during the time this thing is most (or possibly at all) profitable.
Luc56

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:50:21 AM

You could always just stick an AC in front of it. Thats what i did. Two x10s (50% fan speed) and one Bitman A3 (30% fan speed) . They only thing i hear is the AC and thats just a hum. When you change the frequency low or high you need to load firmware that will support it or its possible it will reject all your blocks. P.S. Im gonna work on making it look nicer when the second A3 gets here lol Good luck!!

https://scontent.fmia1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/19642482_10208777899404754_7430273278993455492_n.jpg?oh=604aac117488cb73161055a3f483d76d&oe=5B23D14B
Darknicks

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:12:41 AM

Using ACs to cool your miners is extremely inefficient. Your profits will be reduced considerably. 65~75 temps are fine.
JBLPROL

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:19:05 AM

I received 2 A3 and both have a dead hashboard !!!!

First one board 1 is not working

2st middle board is not working neither !!!

Very dissapointed ! please help
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: