Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3  (Read 22368 times)
nwo69

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:30:23 AM

My antminer A3 arrived one hashboard dead .
1st time I plugged in,One blade is dead.
PLEASE see the picture.
http://fantom.tokyo/A3config.PNG
then
http://fantom.tokyo/A3ASICDEAD.PNG
and
http://fantom.tokyo/A31DEAD.PNG

so I switched 18pin cable connection 1and2 and still board1 is dead(this time board1 is chain2)
http://fantom.tokyo/A3changeconnect.PNG

So please give me advise:-(

Same happened to me with two different A3s. Did you solve the problem?

Forum member Mr. Bliss help me out with firmware and I flashed it.
But Ohhh one hashboard is still dead 1st shows 3 ASIC alive but in few minute dead.
So My friend our BLADE came faulty.

All we have to do is now asking BITMAIN for treatment.

People with fine A3 congratulation for nice harvest .
Who are not let's do our best .
Peace out.

That looks a lot like a Power supply problem,

Try to unplug PCIE cables from boards 1/2 and chain 1/2 --> test board 3 (see if it works)

Then,
Try to unplug PCIE cables from boards 2/3 and chain 2/3 --> test board 1 (see if it works)
Then,
Try to unplug PCIE cables from boards 1/3 and chain 1/3 --> test board 2 (see if it works)

If they all three work then chances are it's a power supply issue.

Another thing, try to move the location to a different wall outlet and test it there that sometimes works for me.

Hi boneyg001,thanks for kind advice!
I did tried one blade test actually.
But testing order was different.
From config panel it says chain 1 is malfunctioning.
So I did chain 1 first.
And it didn’t work.
Is that important the order you suggested?
Then I had better try it?

The power voltage is 1 phase 200V.
I tried 3psus 2x AWP++ and third party 1800w.
All worked fine with D3.(which I got rid of for this A3.)
So I think PSU is okay.

But one thing I wonder is when I reboot it.
When starting noises went down it shows miner status
And many times the number of ASIC is slightly different.
Sometimes chain 1 doesn’t show at all .
Sometimes it shows 3asic alive then dead.
Sometimes it shows 6asics alive then dead.
Sometimes 4........
Strange, maybe something like coil on the board is attached loose.

Anyway at this moment disassemble myA3 now is risky about warranty issues.
I will wait for Bitmain reaction.
Hope it will be quick.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:44:13 AM

Just received the miner. It is freaking loud at my apartment. I am pretty sure someone is going to complain. I tried setting the fan speed to 70% but chip temperature is going beyond 90 C. What is the ideal fan speed and temperature guys? PCB is around 70 and chip around 100.. Is that too much?

PCB can never go to 80 or it will break...

Try to keep it at 60-70 for best results.

I recommend opening your window and pointing the outtake fan towards it. Also, You can only lower the fan if you are going to lower the frequency as well otherwise it will overheat.

I recommend getting earplugs to sleep because it will be hard but would be best for right now. Either that or call a friend and ask them to run it in a spare room for the next 1 week while you buy fan shrouds, cooler, and insulated flexible duct to make a box to silent it a little.

Let this be a PSA to everyone check your temps. If the chips are over 80C you need to ramp up the fans. With 75F/24C ambient temps, mine would hit 75C with 100% fans! I moved the miner into my garage with 32F/0C ambient temps and the chips are still running 65C... If you are hitting 80C or higher you are risking a dead board during the time this thing is most (or possibly at all) profitable.

PCB temps or chip ?

my default  PCB temps are like 61-62 but my chip temps are 75-84

if i raise frequency to 625 pcb stays at 68 but chips are at 90s 80s
Tssar

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:53:55 AM

PLEASE see the picture.
then
and

so I switched 18pin cable connection 1and2 and still board1 is dead(this time board1 is chain2)

Forum member Mr. Bliss help me out with firmware and I flashed it.
But Ohhh one hashboard is still dead 1st shows 3 ASIC alive but in few minute dead.
So My friend our BLADE came faulty.

All we have to do is now asking BITMAIN for treatment.

People with fine A3 congratulation for nice harvest .
Who are not let's do our best .
Peace out.

That looks a lot like a Power supply problem,

Try to unplug PCIE cables from boards 1/2 and chain 1/2 --> test board 3 (see if it works)

Then,
Try to unplug PCIE cables from boards 2/3 and chain 2/3 --> test board 1 (see if it works)
Then,
Try to unplug PCIE cables from boards 1/3 and chain 1/3 --> test board 2 (see if it works)

If they all three work then chances are it's a power supply issue.

Another thing, try to move the location to a different wall outlet and test it there that sometimes works for me.

Hi boneyg001,thanks for kind advice!
I did tried one blade test actually.
But testing order was different.
From config panel it says chain 1 is malfunctioning.
So I did chain 1 first.
And it didn’t work.
Is that important the order you suggested?
Then I had better try it?

The power voltage is 1 phase 200V.
I tried 3psus 2x AWP++ and third party 1800w.
All worked fine with D3.(which I got rid of for this A3.)
So I think PSU is okay.

But one thing I wonder is when I reboot it.
When starting noises went down it shows miner status
And many times the number of ASIC is slightly different.
Sometimes chain 1 doesn’t show at all .
Sometimes it shows 3asic alive then dead.
Sometimes it shows 6asics alive then dead.
Sometimes 4........
Strange, maybe something like coil on the board is attached loose.

Anyway at this moment disassemble myA3 now is risky about warranty issues.
I will wait for Bitmain reaction.
Hope it will be quick.

I am having this issue since 3 days. Tried different PSUs, changed the data cables, plugged one hashboard after the other and still not working....same story.

Do you think someone else archive of backup can help?
AerialGopher

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:08:45 AM

PLEASE see the picture.
then
and

That's just a dead board plain and simple. Aside from getting warranty work done on it there's not a lot you can do. Could be power circuity, and if your good with soldering iron you might be able to fix it. But i would not advise doing it while under warranty. I'd just get it replaced. Unfortunately profitability is going to be much less by the time you'd get it back. Personally i'd ride it out on two boards till the gold rush is over, then send it in.

Unplug and replug the white control cables. CHeck them to see that the wire is actually done properly, IE the crimp to the metal pin on the inside of the plug,  you can check with a multimeter.  I had an issue with an Improperly seated connector on an S9.  replugging fixed that same problem.  If the board was dead, or the asics you would at least have PCB temps on the screen for it.  This means no data/control from the board.
AerialGopher

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:19:39 AM

On Siamining stats page, pool and network hash rates are starting to level out?  just wonder how long that will be. I was AMAZED at how many less coins per hour the A3 was doing in the last day,  went from 330 per hour yesterday to now at 164 per hour  That was over a 18 hour period.
YIKES!  as long as it makes more than an S9 I'll be happy
Tssar

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:38:50 AM

PLEASE see the picture.
then
and

That's just a dead board plain and simple. Aside from getting warranty work done on it there's not a lot you can do. Could be power circuity, and if your good with soldering iron you might be able to fix it. But i would not advise doing it while under warranty. I'd just get it replaced. Unfortunately profitability is going to be much less by the time you'd get it back. Personally i'd ride it out on two boards till the gold rush is over, then send it in.

Unplug and replug the white control cables. CHeck them to see that the wire is actually done properly, IE the crimp to the metal pin on the inside of the plug,  you can check with a multimeter.  I had an issue with an Improperly seated connector on an S9.  replugging fixed that same problem.  If the board was dead, or the asics you would at least have PCB temps on the screen for it.  This means no data/control from the board.

It doesn't work have the feeling it is a software issue like the D3. The have an upgrade for it.......I hope they release a software.
Currently they are supposed to be back to their office but no news so fare. Will keep you posted if I have any update
Tssar

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:45:27 AM

For those having a dead hashboard we need to regroup and  send a strong message to bitmain to have a quick support.
For those interested by this approach. Please send me a PM and I will add you to my message.
At the end of the day we invest a lot of €€$$ and we are loosing money everyday and we all know it will be difficult to catch
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:50:50 AM

For those having a dead hashboard we need to regroup and  send a strong message to bitmain to have a quick support.
For those interested by this approach. Please send me a PM and I will add you to my message.
At the end of the day we invest a lot of €€$$ and we are loosing money everyday and we all know it will be difficult to catch

Eh... won't they just send you to their warranty? Dead boards are really common with most anminers, S9s lately have been terrible.
Tssar

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:54:15 AM

Eh... won't they just send you to their warranty? Dead boards are really common with most anminers, S9s lately have been terrible.

S9 and L3 is a long term investment you have you ROI between 4 to 9 months because it is mining different crypto. In our case it is a short term investment. Most of us have lost 800$ because of dead hashboard next week we will have maybe 8$ per day who knows bottom line we are losing money instead of few days to recover it it will take months and ROI is even longer
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:21:36 AM

S9 and L3 is a long term investment you have you ROI between 4 to 9 months because it is mining different crypto. In our case it is a short term investment. Most of us have lost 800$ because of dead hashboard next week we will have maybe 8$ per day who knows bottom line we are losing money instead of few days to recover it it will take months and ROI is even longer

I understand your frustration. My point is, quality of their products sucks and they don't give a shit. You can try to "send strong message", they will laugh at you (if they even read it). My point of view, but good luck, I'll be glad if these assholes change.
mousehouse

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:43:29 AM

You can ask just to send back the defect hashboard for repairs. That way you can still mine with the working part. Unfortunately, in the ASIC mining space quality is not a key requirements, quick go to market is...
Tssar

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:48:42 AM

I understand your frustration. My point is, quality of their products sucks and they don't give a shit. You can try to "send strong message", they will laugh at you (if they even read it). My point of view, but good luck, I'll be glad if these assholes change.
I agree with you that bitmain is the only manufacturer....they have the global Monopoly but you need to try
I already got some people interested
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:13:12 AM

I agree with you that bitmain is the only manufacturer....they have the global Monopoly but you need to try

U do realize that more manufacturers means more difficulty level right? And difficulty is too high already.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Tssar

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:39:28 AM

U do realize that more manufacturers means more difficulty level right? And difficulty is too high already.

and?
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:13:22 PM

I think the problem here is the voltage the chips are running at. Even at 525mhz, woke up this morning to find one miner operating at 80C. It doesn't seem to make a difference on heat of what the freq is.

Tssar

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:18:16 PM

I think the problem here is the voltage the chips are running at. Even at 525mhz, woke up this morning to find one miner operating at 80C. It doesn't seem to make a difference on heat of what the freq is.

thanks what the best way to wake up those sleeping chips

larzvegas

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:40:14 PM

To those who are afraid their temperature is too high. My third chain is running up to 96 degrees since 48 hours, no issue on the hashrate so far.
Not quite sure if 100% compareable but in an old thread there was a discussion about the S9 and the feedback from people with deep knowledge about chiptemperature was that everything under 100°C is fine.
Boneyg001

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:51:28 PM

To those who are afraid their temperature is too high. My third chain is running up to 96 degrees since 48 hours, no issue on the hashrate so far.
Not quite sure if 100% compareable but in an old thread there was a discussion about the S9 and the feedback from people with deep knowledge about chiptemperature was that everything under 100°C is fine.

No... It will run fine up until a board gets burnt and you miner is worthless. Bitmains recommendations are to keep it under 80C so by having it at 100C it must be very loud and likely not going to last you more than 1-2 months vs 1 year.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:07:03 PM

Is it possible to decrease core voltage on any other bitmain products?

Edit:

I manually set fan speed to 100% and the temps are hovering at around 60c now with 525mhz.

fliperone

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:45:53 PM

thanks what the best way to wake up those sleeping chips

Tssar mate, Im trying to PM you since 2 days but you are blocking newbies messages and Im listed as one  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: