Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:34:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3  (Read 22370 times)
letitbegood

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:54:49 PM

Looking for a bit of advice. My A3 antminer is only arriving tomorrow-the joys of living on the western edge of Europe!

Now the real pain is that I've found out today that bitmain only dispatched the Apw3++ psu today (despite numerous tickets requesting that both the psu and miner be shipped together). Anyway I'm looking at another 10 days or so before the psu arrives. Not great.

I have a Corsair HX1000i psu (i.e. 1000W) running on my ethereum rig. My question is, would it possible to use this psu on the antminer a3 and underclock the A3 until the Apw++ arrives? Any advice welcome!
Get a compatible PSU from Ebay/Marktplaats/Amazon and sell your new AWP3++ when it arrives?

Thanks, yeah the problem with that, where I'm based (Ireland), the quickest I can get a 1600W psu delivered from Amazon.co.uk is about 1 week. I can't find any suitable psu that I can pick up locally quickly

you can use multiple PSU's, just make sure each hashboard is dedicated to a single PSU, don't split the a single hashboard's connectors across multiple PSU's.

Thanks, are there 3 hashboards on the A3? Would another option be for me to connect my current 1000W psu to just two of the hasboards and run it at 66% capacity (i'm new to asics) until the apw3 arrives?

I believe you can run just 2 of the hashboards, although you may be pushing things a little with a 1000W psu.  I have a AWP3++ connected to 2 hashboards and the power supply, and a second psu running the 3rd hashboard.  Just the 2 boards and power supply alone are pulling about 950 watts.
Thunderdog

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:00:55 PM

Looking for a bit of advice. My A3 antminer is only arriving tomorrow-the joys of living on the western edge of Europe!

Now the real pain is that I've found out today that bitmain only dispatched the Apw3++ psu today (despite numerous tickets requesting that both the psu and miner be shipped together). Anyway I'm looking at another 10 days or so before the psu arrives. Not great.

I have a Corsair HX1000i psu (i.e. 1000W) running on my ethereum rig. My question is, would it possible to use this psu on the antminer a3 and underclock the A3 until the Apw++ arrives? Any advice welcome!
Get a compatible PSU from Ebay/Marktplaats/Amazon and sell your new AWP3++ when it arrives?

Thanks, yeah the problem with that, where I'm based (Ireland), the quickest I can get a 1600W psu delivered from Amazon.co.uk is about 1 week. I can't find any suitable psu that I can pick up locally quickly

you can use multiple PSU's, just make sure each hashboard is dedicated to a single PSU, don't split the a single hashboard's connectors across multiple PSU's.

Thanks, are there 3 hashboards on the A3? Would another option be for me to connect my current 1000W psu to just two of the hasboards and run it at 66% capacity (i'm new to asics) until the apw3 arrives?

I believe you can run just 2 of the hashboards, although you may be pushing things a little with a 1000W psu.  I have a AWP3++ connected to 2 hashboards and the power supply, and a second psu running the 3rd hashboard.  Just the 2 boards and power supply alone are pulling about 950 watts.

Hmmmm, I might just play it safe and wait for the awp3++ to arrive next week. I don't want to fry the psu and/or parts of the miner
mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:14:36 PM

Hmmmm, I might just play it safe and wait for the awp3++ to arrive next week. I don't want to fry the psu and/or parts of the miner
By next week, batch 2 miners will be beginning to drop in. I’d get whatever running you Can ASAP to cut your losses.. maybe Pick up a cheap 2nd psu locally for the 3rd Board or so.. 1200 watt /3 means your 1000w psu should be avle to Cope.
Thunderdog

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:16:44 PM

By next week, batch 2 miners will be beginning to drop in. I’d get whatever running you Can ASAP to cut your losses.. maybe Pick up a cheap 2nd psu locally for the 3rd Board or so.. 1200 watt /3 means your 1000w psu should be avle to Cope.

Ok, I thought batch 2 isn't shipping til March?
mazedk

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:16:57 PM

Im still hoping that bitmain secretly made this chip capable of hashing another algo so we arent all gerning vend over the tavle as bad as it seems right now.. Down from $300usd when my miner arrived last weds, to sub-100 now.. gee.. Nice tactic bitmain Sad
mazedk

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:18:27 PM

Ah Nice, didnt see that part Smiley

Ah Well.. maybe they’ll fuck us by shipping Them tomorrow in-sted Smiley
Thunderdog

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:28:49 PM

Ah Nice, didnt see that part Smiley

Ah Well.. maybe they’ll fuck us by shipping Them tomorrow in-sted Smiley

Ha I'm sure they have a few other surprise up their sleeve. So just going back to your recommendation, If I run my 1000W psu for the 2 boards, If I then picked up a 500W for the 3rd board, that would do the job for the next 10 days or so?
gusti_
Copper Member

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:38:39 PM

Gosh, thats bad.  I do have a few spare AWP++ if you're in Iceland that I could loan you
nwo69

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:02:28 PM

Im still hoping that bitmain secretly made this chip capable of hashing another algo so we arent all gerning vend over the tavle as bad as it seems right now.. Down from $300usd when my miner arrived last weds, to sub-100 now.. gee.. Nice tactic bitmain Sad

If they do so it is really nice.

But on the other hand, if they are really planning to do so,

Or they even have only some possibility ,

they would never sell 2nd batch like $980 on bargain.
Thunderdog

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:11:17 PM

Gosh, thats bad.  I do have a few spare AWP++ if you're in Iceland that I could loan you

Thanks, it looks like there is good mining happening in Iceland. We have a bit of catching up to do in Ireland. Cheers for the offer but I wont be in Iceland soon
badger88

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:11:34 PM

Okay forum helpers. shutefight has present hatred to share here with miners community. Bitmain is kind of devil spirit to drink blood of women and babies. I make miner loud with new plug in mining farm. Get so hot in chicken coup I cant sleep there. I goes out to barn and while making sleep chicken coup goes on fire!!!! it cant be gone away so is just ashes now!! No chickens. no miner. no chicken coup. now wife has hate on me to leave me and take babies!!!!  Bitmain then sucks more blood. sells more miners for $900!!!! Never shutefight have this big evil and hate to a person in life. I peaceful man but should have army to have war to bitmain. Howthis terrible hate enemy of man be alive??!!!?Huh!!!!!!!!!

I take it the chicken coop didnt have air conditioning ? lol

it caught fire ? you might want to have monitored the chip temperatures ... LOL

miner loud mean miner VERY HOT! Grin
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:29:52 PM

Okay forum helpers. shutefight has present hatred to share here with miners community. Bitmain is kind of devil spirit to drink blood of women and babies. I make miner loud with new plug in mining farm. Get so hot in chicken coup I cant sleep there. I goes out to barn and while making sleep chicken coup goes on fire!!!! it cant be gone away so is just ashes now!! No chickens. no miner. no chicken coup. now wife has hate on me to leave me and take babies!!!!  Bitmain then sucks more blood. sells more miners for $900!!!! Never shutefight have this big evil and hate to a person in life. I peaceful man but should have army to have war to bitmain. Howthis terrible hate enemy of man be alive??!!!?Huh!!!!!!!!!

"miner loud" means miner was running ("miner quiet" was miner without power cord)  Cheesy

@shutefight  I found that hard to believe as miner has temp sensor and AFAIK there is option to stop hashing if temp exceeds given value (at least my L3+ has this option).
Unless you turn it off (which I doubt you knew how to do it). But if that's true, reason is more likely a low quality cord.

shutefight

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:18:34 PM

"miner loud" means miner was running ("miner quiet" was miner without power cord)  Cheesy

@shutefight  I found that hard to believe as miner has temp sensor and AFAIK there is option to stop hashing if temp exceeds given value (at least my L3+ has this option).
Unless you turn it off (which I doubt you knew how to do it). But if that's true, reason is more likely a low quality cord.

I has more hard to believe than you. Fireguys come too late. head fireguys say I have 10 amp breaker and was oldwires and not strong. I make frequency on miner 800 so makes lost sia coin from quiet time. I learned this from famus picture guy vosk. he saying more high frequency more high sia coins to sell. this forum tries to help shutefight but shutefight breaks mirror 4 years ago. I has bad luck since then. now nothing else to lose so i will making war on evil devil place bitmain. i watch punisher movie over and over for ideas to bring terrible pain to bitmain.....
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2105
Merit: 1397

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:29:33 PM

Did you really expect 300 "a day" to last more than a few hours? These will be making 10 a day like all of bitmans S9's and L3's

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:29:55 PM

This is your fault and not bitmain. If u did not have a proper mining swtup, u deserve it. Wtf man, putting it in a chicken coop barn......
These things are not home miners.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:32:20 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 12:01:22 AM by Wusolini

I has more hard to believe than you. Fireguys come too late. head fireguys say I have 10 amp breaker and was oldwires and not strong. I make frequency on miner 800 so makes lost sia coin from quiet time. I learned this from famus picture guy vosk. he saying more high frequency more high sia coins to sell. this forum tries to help shutefight but shutefight breaks mirror 4 years ago. I has bad luck since then. now nothing else to lose so i will making war on evil devil place bitmain. i watch punisher movie over and over for ideas to bring terrible pain to bitmain.....

Any pics? Maybe there will be some good soul to donate you few coins. I doubt that but you can try.

But don't blame bitmain. It's completely your error.
1 - delivery without power cord is mentioned on their site (in the very first sentence).
2 - you was not aware what breaker you have nor the wiring ... there is plenty warnings all over the asic related threads about doublecheck exactly those things before you purchase any miner.

Also this has nothing the do with luck. Even the luckiest person in the world would not run it on 10A breaker for long time.

If you don't know how it works then do not invest in or ask experienced guy for assistance.  But it's to late, lesson learned.

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:35:47 AM

Many people said that about the D3, they are still waiting.
sil2222

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:56:16 AM

Many people said that about the D3, they are still waiting.

Really dont understand why people buy these miners without doing research and then when daily returns drops to shat they say ...................I really really hope we can use these miners on another algo ? But in reality it just becomes an expensive heater. Bitmain does not change they flood whatever network they build miners for never thinking of their customer base. A3 was built to destroy competition which is what has happened and miners are helping them do this. American companies affected by the A3 include Obelisk and now DCRASIC. DCRASIC actually says they are afraid of a Bitmain attack which would cost them millions.
griffoncoin

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:00:03 AM

I think they have used the same D3 machine with a new controller to mine a different algo.

Does any one have Both A3 and D3 ? I wounder what will happen if you connect D3 hashboard with A3 controller.
shutefight

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:01:40 AM

This is your fault and not bitmain. If u did not have a proper mining swtup, u deserve it. Wtf man, putting it in a chicken coop barn......
These things are not home miners.
I have uncle who makes ideas for this. peoples who throw poop on man when he lies on dirt is worst peoples in world. uncle telling about you I think. I open support ticket to bitmain today for shipment  miner to repair. this is first attack to  bloodsuck devil bitmain. In miner box no miner. big horrible wet poop from shutefight anoos. ihave making special just for terrible hate at bitmain. you say bad person lies somehere else.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: