Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:56:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW] Bitmain Announces Antminer A3  (Read 22370 times)
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:46:49 PM

Bitmain is "cleaning house" in preparation for something. For cripes sake, they even put those old T9's on the market and called it a T9+!! Even though the original T9 was 11.5th and the T9+ is 10.5! LMAO. I believe they are clearing inventory in preparation for 10nm releases that are imminent. I would be very cautious of buying any Bitmain mining products these days. You can't throw a dead cat in the computer hardware forum, without hitting a pile of overpriced ASIC miners from Bitmain.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btc2017btc2017

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:50:00 PM

Bitmain is "cleaning house" in preparation for something. For cripes sake, they even put those old T9's on the market and called it a T9+!! Even though the original T9 was 11.5th and the T9+ is 10.5! LMAO. I believe they are clearing inventory in preparation for 10nm releases that are imminent. I would be very cautious of buying any Bitmain mining products these days. You can't throw a dead cat in the computer hardware forum, without hitting a pile of overpriced ASIC miners from Bitmain.
But you can have a live cat in a mining rig
https://www.facebook.com/CryptoMinerUK/photos/pcb.218768225338009/218767425338089/?type=3&theater
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:03:18 PM

Yep...as of 9:49pm CST midwest usa....they still have T9's and the A3's at $980 left (march orders)

I'm passing

did they ever do the $800 buck obelisk coupon thing or was that just not true?

curious...I swap'd my 5 800 buck obelisk coupons to a 'long shot bet' by a buddy on them ..he will get 5 ...1 will go to me for free for the coupons and I think I also get

another $250 buck coupon for future purchases....(does that mean I've already ROI'd) these are Decred machines by obelisk likely July 2018 soonest if not later...by the by..

so he will pay 1k each for his 4 of my 5 coupons...he is big enough it won't matter much ...and he is betting on the fact bitmain will play games and decred may not come to pass

(possible) he is big enough however ..that 4 units for him would be equiv of 1 A3 bitmain bet for me now...but I told him not playing this game (learned from D3's)...just not gonna

do it ...I will however toss my unused (and likely never IMHO to be used) 800 buck coupons his way....on that same batch I still have 1 $400 buck coupon and 4 $250 coupons

prev to this $800 coupon offer...so wtf....(yeah, this could not go badly..sia-tech is now on what 3rd batch of vaporware)....anyway doorstop/vaporware etc it is a free

decred ASIC doorstop at worst ..no risk for me. (unless likely on thurs bitmain announces they will take 800 buck coupons....wait for it)

what do folk think? are we missing the boat on getting this A3 at this $980 price...or is it as I fear.....the antminer D3 not to ROI ( I have ROI'd on my D3's only

if I count my 300mh Baikal from may 2017 that has made 4k worth of dash.thus lost roi on the D3..but if I say to everyone I broke even on X11 miners....less angst)

so with above ..I can KINDA say I roi'd on x11 (with the Baikal cube cheat above) just don't want to go thru all that again with dubious A3 (already have 5 dubious

obelisk siacon miners coming, June 2018 at the earlest..yech!!)

I suppose now you all will tell me the 800 buck coupons will be or could be used with the current A3's that would pretty much round out my week as it has gone so far

anyway......how it stands on dubious equip...so far....TRYING to resist.....

so what do you think is next for Bitmain and its evil empire?

An ASIC miner for Etherium perhaps?

Bitmain: We do evil first, if evil needs doing...be prompt! (tm bitmain)

Are you saying your buddy paid you $1000 each for coupons that don't official exist?!

he is a big miner and can afford to take this equip risk above....so,  I gave him $800 coupons (5 of them) equivalent to a $4,000 savings on these units total.

I get 1 decred miner free, He gets the other 4 miners at 1,000 each rather than $800 each and he gets 4 and I get 1 coupon and $800 bucks  equivelent for that 1 miner.

Again, it is a gamble, he is big enough, that if it all goes tulips....it will not effect him much, my risk is that sia-tech forks siacon (SC)  because of bitmain and I will have lost

the option of using these in the future for equipment....his risk is that bitmain will make a decred miner and/or as you say....the stuff never shows up Sad

as of now, imho, as a gamble, he is in pretty good shape (again, high risk gamble indeed..but looks better than a few days ago on his purchase plan)

He got these when BTC was over 10k, so that was good, they have raised prices significantly on the 3rd batch, he got to use my coupons

The other thing I would point out on HOW at a certain size, you are sometimes willing to take such gambles (mine was april 2017 at $6 LTC and getting 20k of bitmain

stuff, and annoucing on April fools day 4/1/17 that $6 was the LTC floor..sometimes you just get lucky on such gambles..I needed like him the equip deduction and

looked at a 12-14 month ROI and threw the dice)

You get to a certain size...and look at 50% to the IRS/w/state taxes ..it more or less comes out to....and you look at the further in 1 year compressed equipment deductions at

25% in real $$$ you can apply to taxes you KNOW you are gonna pay, anyway this year, and after your 'dubious' equipment purchases, are faced with a 25% risk above what you'd pay the

IRS anyway, when it all pans out. (assuming the equipment is not vaporware)

(BTC and crypto crash or not) and your 'speculative risk-taking' goes up proportionally.

I am not 'big' enough for a risk such as this, I am willing, however, to dump $4k of coupons for 1 decred miner, however.

there are different hedges if you are in the above tax and equip depreciation situation above...why large miners seem crazy!

1) you can get a crapload of equip NOW of many ASIC flavors, as they are available and BET on a price pump, back up to the 10-12k range this year and have equipment

in hand, you likely would never be able to get, if/when the price does go back (as you hope) to that level.

2) you can hedge that price is gonna go down and sideways, and you being big enough will be the last man standing and mine and hold, while smaller farms have to die

or at least NOT expand.....and play the long term difficulty game to your advantage, as it goes sideways, (maybe)

3) you can hedge on equipment now, because you think BTC is gonna dump (do it at above 10K BTC vs now) and use crypto  you mined this year (or month) at a 'capital loss' or at

least EVEN...thus use newly minted coin..mined this year and no 40% capital gains dumping such for less than a year and a day....being revenue 'Neutral' by Feb 1st 2018 is attractive.

4) You can also run with this bet that prices of crypto will rebound when tether/fud/etc is resolved one way or another, and play getting a lot of USED equipment CHEAP,  on the

same bet of crypto price recovering. I did not buy any new equipment between Nov 2014 till Bitmain units April 1st 2017....it was all used or knc liquidation or eBay...have 10x

the equipment on my farm, all on the above units before the mentioned April 1st 2017 Bitmain bet of units to boot.....

Another hedge example, using paranoia, of me doing something like he is doing, with many flavors or ASIC'S, I did last month

I myself with equipment purchases and being paranoid in Dec 2017, paid ALL MY MINERS data hall Elec/misl monthly bills until June 1st 2018...which when it was like $193 LTC or so ....as a

hedge, which means, with that hedge, I can run the KNC Titans a heck of a lot longer now....so come what may...I could be mining AIR, but they will last at least that long!

stuff like that...but yeah, I tried to talk him out of it....I don't need 1 decred miner that bad...but I damn sure hope he is correct and this Tether thing gets resolved

and by resolved I mean ...pull the band-aid off and get the facts SOON, if tether was what pumped crypto prices up..fine..get it resolved on what happened...move on!

.but his bet is once that tether clears up, it will be back to the races again for crypto prices and he will have enough equipment to keep the tax man away

and play and mine another year.

Again, high risk, but I damn sure hope he is correct!

Thus again, you get a certain size and a lot of stuff comes into play, in the form of 'what the hell: buy' Smiley

fun time this crypto hobby..always drama

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:03:32 PM

Surprisingly the Difficulty went down from almost 12M , down to 7.9M

Earnings are up from 1.17 SC/day per Gh , to 1.70 SC/day per Gh.
(unfortunately SC Value got crashed along with all other cryptos and is now only like 0.025 , own from 0.4 just a few days ago.

I think its all the dual miners exiting

It's a bugfix in the sia network implemented to fix block times, it's was announced quite a long time. Difficulty is still expected to drop quite a bit,
Which is why Bitmain just opened ANOTHER batch of the bastards and offered a 3 x more per person limit of purchase.

The total hashrate continues to go up which leads me to believe that Bitmain is manufacturing and mining their own stock of batch 2,3 miners.  If total hash rate goes
above 9000Ths,,,, it is pretty certain that Bitmain is producing and mining the hell out of batch 2 already.  There is no way that batch 1 A3s are still coming online at this rate.

https://siamining.com/stats

I'm sure there are batch 1 A3s coming online still.  That said, its not a secret that Bitmain uses the miners before they sell them, so I don't see what the big deal is.  If you are this worried now, what will you be saying when Obelisk releases 2 batches this summer?  Its mining, the hashrate of successful coins will always be growing.

First, Key words:  "at this rate".... of course there are still a 'few' stragglers still plugging into the network,,,, but that would not cause hashrate to grow at this rate.
Second, who said anything about worry jonesey?  Just raising this as a possible reason for the hash rate growth. Mine on.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
Thunderdog

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:40:09 PM

Is the best tactic, for those of us who only have 1-2 A3 miners, to mine up until mid March and then sell the A3 locally before the second batch comes out? Take your profits and then wait for bitmain to release another miner for a new coin and go with that. basically just buy the first batch, sell, wait, buy new miner of a different coin and continue like this for the next few years. To me it seems like the quickest and easiest way to make good profits
Rody81

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:22:38 PM

Is the best tactic, for those of us who only have 1-2 A3 miners, to mine up until mid March and then sell the A3 locally before the second batch comes out? Take your profits and then wait for bitmain to release another miner for a new coin and go with that. basically just buy the first batch, sell, wait, buy new miner of a different coin and continue like this for the next few years. To me it seems like the quickest and easiest way to make good profits

That's what I am planning.  But I will get two instead of one of whatever new miner they come out with. And I will use Fedex.  UPS cost twice as much plus $72 fee and they were the last delivered.  F!!! UPS.
Starbuck2020lod

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:07:39 PM

Has anyone used antpool with their A3? Did you get paid out? I have lots of confirmed shares but no coin payouts.
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:38:33 PM

i think so,  with the current cryptoprices the a3 is making  almost 50 dollars a day..just imagine when the market recovers until march. and diff is also getting lower. so more coins. if its making 100 dollars/day at beginning of march im pretty sure there are stupid buyers who pay 5-6k for it.

i will do it this way. Mine untill beginning of march ---> ebay
mikeauerbach

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:51:28 AM

Ugh..I'm not sure what to do.

My A3 Is still only pushing out of one board.

The first two boards are totally fine but for the last week now board #3 has not been doing anything. I've tried resetting to factory numerous times, obviously restarting and cooling and nothing. Is there anyone that has any advice? It's killing me :/ I've tried a diff power supply too.

https://ibb.co/nngmdm

hat tip to anyone who can help! Thank you.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:44:49 AM

Ugh..I'm not sure what to do.

My A3 Is still only pushing out of one board.

The first two boards are totally fine but for the last week now board #3 has not been doing anything. I've tried resetting to factory numerous times, obviously restarting and cooling and nothing. Is there anyone that has any advice? It's killing me :/ I've tried a diff power supply too.

https://ibb.co/nngmdm

hat tip to anyone who can help! Thank you.

Make sure your power supply can do 1600 watts. Make sure all connections on miner are firm. Your better off mining on the working boards and just  before the  warranty ends return it to be fixed, or order new new boards and take out the duds yaself with bitmain s permission. Do not return miner now cause by the time you get it back it wont make as much. It should be using a fraction of less power with mining on only the working board so it wont cost as much in power.

BenRickert

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 03:00:25 AM

It's not that easy. The pattern does not repeat itself. The only thing you can count on in this stuff is that you cannot count on anything.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
g0lden

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:21:24 AM

Whatever dude, you keep investing in what you want and I'll invest in what i want.

He wasn't trying to predict the price by charts he was just showing the lead up to 10 cent all time high.

I don't really think a 10x in a year is to unrealistic for a top 20 coin

New people in crypto get tricked into this kind of thinking...why do you think all the new coins have hundreds of billions of coin in circulation?

The PRICE of a coin does NOT matter, the only thing that matters is its market cap based on # of coins in circulation.

"Ooo look Sia is only 5 cents...one day it can easily go to 1,000 if bitcoin is 20,000!"

umm, no Sia will never go to 1k, and if it went to $10 that would be an extraordinary feat (since its valuation would be more than all of Bitcoin's).

All these new coins with their billions of coins in circulation is just marketing at its finest trying to trick all the crypto noobs out there.

sorry, its new people like you that can't see the vision. If you think Sia can't get to 35 Billion Market cap then you have no sense of what the future holds. They are one of only coins with a working product with a platform and function and they aren't a new coin, Sia has been around since 2013 but first beta in 2015.

https://bitsonline.com/bitmain-deep-learning-ai/

AI is heavy on needed storage space think about new self driving cars etc...

dude even if this is the case, you've got to try to understand the economics of it .... I can see it going to 35 billion market cap as just a couple weeks ago the top like 30 coins were over a billion market cap .... but the only way siacoin will ever be 1k usd is if  the usd becomes as hyper inflated as germany in the 1920s (which is a possibility). 

Look at SC in terms of BTC value, not USD.  SC USD price is directly impacted by the USD price of bitcoin (or eth, but mostly and primarily BTC, like all other altcoins)
nuanicaj

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:57:30 PM

Has anyone used antpool with their A3? Did you get paid out? I have lots of confirmed shares but no coin payouts.

They show no blocks,   www.siamining.com is mining a few per day.

2018-02-03 16:42 UTC
5,760,933 TH
0fb880276d77fd0c...
...e01f8cc0
2018-02-03 16:27 UTC
5,737,981 TH
a94982df83daa012...
...45dab2d3
2018-02-03 16:16 UTC
5,715,120 TH
e66927cd567346bf...
...071d38e3
2018-02-03 16:10 UTC
5,669,672 TH
49409048f14b14f8...
...5c8f19e0
2018-02-03 15:59 UTC
5,602,177 TH
5ab42748472e2dc3...
...ba932f0b
2018-02-03 15:31 UTC
5,557,627 TH
b7a0b17f11fec97a...
...6fa7575f
2018-02-03 15:27 UTC
5,535,485 TH
ef8e8cabbdebd7e1...
...687885e7
2018-02-03 15:27 UTC
5,513,431 TH
dd11c680f7f34ae0...
...d74dd3fc
2018-02-03 15:20 UTC
5,469,587 TH
f487ffd03837bdd4...
...f6cf7cef
2018-02-03 15:14 UTC
5,482,950 TH
7b7a5986457d7931...
...09afd91c
2018-02-03 15:14 UTC
5,461,105 TH
ccbdb3d5304eb504...
...717d1688
2018-02-03 14:58 UTC
5,461,105 TH
24dbf4c022ae9fda...
...c03a9ca5
2018-02-03 14:36 UTC
5,439,348 TH
71fc83f7cb6d2aea...
...04cfcb7c
2018-02-03 14:31 UTC
5,417,677 TH
72c59ce0c97584ac...
...323db086
2018-02-03 14:21 UTC
5,374,594 TH
4e00acacbad16826...
...7bd42df1
2018-02-03 14:05 UTC
5,331,854 TH
4e4cad1bc3b60353...
...c777bb96
2018-02-03 14:00 UTC
5,310,612 TH
5f9a9ef1669769e2...
...8d4c3eb2
2018-02-03 13:57 UTC
5,289,454 TH
6034edad43d4e711...
...9c4b0d9d
2018-02-03 13:55 UTC
5,272,673 TH
21d20880695e89e3...
...0e2febbc
2018-02-03 13:43 UTC
5,250,498 TH
c0bef53e9223b07b...
...0a1c89f4
2018-02-03 13:38 UTC
5,229,579 TH
69b675c1bd296d3c...
...ddb4e25c
2018-02-03 13:17 UTC
5,187,992 TH
aac9d843549d2b20...
...a69da0f3
2018-02-03 13:06 UTC
5,167,323 TH
7f5a13ba30025bea...
...1aafad0a
2018-02-03 12:53 UTC
5,146,736 TH
179bfec78879538c...
...22ae959d
2018-02-03 12:53 UTC
5,126,231 TH
8a18c738c8fd2c83...
...cc7468d1
2018-02-03 12:52 UTC
5,105,808 TH
06ae698e8e74e795...
...016873d1
2018-02-03 12:52 UTC
5,126,231 TH
fff58082b49fc8cc...
...507aa546
2018-02-03 12:43 UTC
5,167,323 TH
8db0d97f61672061...
...99fdaf65
2018-02-03 12:38 UTC
5,151,434 TH
8d3a3434bfb0adaf...
...76583aec
2018-02-03 11:59 UTC
5,121,253 TH
c7367a302883779c...
...6e2ce53e
2018-02-03 11:46 UTC
5,115,825 TH
4a990bf94156d209...
...4f0d8482
2018-02-03 11:28 UTC
5,130,784 TH
13f756d7d06031a2...
...cf9f4dee
2018-02-03 11:27 UTC
5,131,432 TH
ef657c19ea17a31d...
...9341ef4e
2018-02-03 11:12 UTC
5,151,958 TH
8c71a4649a945901...
2018-02-03 11:01 UTC
5,172,566 TH
85cea8dae9e3441b...
2018-02-03 10:56 UTC
5,193,256 TH
8983595afe1ccaed...
...b6816052
2018-02-03 10:15 UTC
5,165,263 TH
dcf1e8197a477477...
...12758c77
2018-02-03 10:06 UTC
5,144,952 TH
e957bf7675acfe43...
...14ef51e6
2018-02-03 10:00 UTC
5,124,454 TH
86d3f9edbd6890ca...
...9c5fb841
2018-02-03 09:46 UTC
5,104,038 TH
1a7938fb5b9ce690...
...98e69f65
5,101,988 TH
5d898250245e0e7b...
...2caf6bcb
5,108,203 TH
35b4cf607a2fbf21...
...b7394e35
2018-02-03 09:36 UTC
5,087,851 TH
09dee4253e2300bf...
...1de67a39
2018-02-03 09:20 UTC
5,073,054 TH
ad076f7e919b096e...
...e07cefc1
2018-02-03 09:18 UTC
5,093,346 TH
4077da2498c252a3...
...9fc56003
2018-02-03 09:15 UTC
5,073,054 TH
94c1515986744ea7...
...b84ccfa2
2018-02-03 08:48 UTC
5,032,712 TH
65f3862e79885bc6...
...b6dec04f
2018-02-03 08:39 UTC
5,012,661 TH
0f1ac38930bc9fbb...
...10dd5404
2018-02-03 08:34 UTC
4,981,361 TH
59cebfe346a2e1bc...
...8bc8d0a8
2018-02-03 08:25 UTC
4,954,226 TH
02b6c7fe77a080ff...
...ad8704a5
2018-02-03 08:20 UTC
4,974,042 TH
3702d53fae07cb4a...
...2d82f4fc
2018-02-03 08:19 UTC
4,958,486 TH
e0ea89fe3825cac1...
...e6db4e67
2018-02-03 07:42 UTC
4,979,760 TH
a5470f9c30816068...
...7626798b
2018-02-03 07:17 UTC
4,998,675 TH
79e0a71545d8c8ab...
...9af207c4
2018-02-03 06:56 UTC
4,997,203 TH
7dd7f9d259981ad7...
...7dd6dfe0
2018-02-03 06:47 UTC
4,977,293 TH
767103c3a9f6edfa...
...8c8fe343
2018-02-03 06:30 UTC
4,957,464 TH
ace345ce7ab272af...
...4af569da
2018-02-03 06:26 UTC
4,937,713 TH
8d6651cf63308731...
...d43df4ea
2018-02-03 06:26 UTC
4,918,040 TH
4c27af44bb71dc05...
...7101d7df
2018-02-03 06:18 UTC
4,898,447 TH
20e5079d1f167dca...
...f7b555e8
2018-02-03 06:14 UTC
4,878,931 TH
54dfbb18e1947e55...
...b6235b10
2018-02-03 06:12 UTC
4,861,912 TH
578d4fae1df2713b...
...9e9b450a
2018-02-03 06:11 UTC
4,861,685 TH
8ef843d2a0f60761...
...6c2c6355
2018-02-03 06:06 UTC
4,881,132 TH
3cee58aec10bbf38...
...e1163cc2
2018-02-03 05:30 UTC
4,939,940 TH
881fc5f47262d853...
...4d70e3fd
2018-02-03 05:08 UTC
4,979,538 TH
aac3dd402d7df41b...
...299d7da7
2018-02-03 04:56 UTC
4,999,457 TH
ef260c196baeba34...
...32dbc5f6
2018-02-03 04:31 UTC
5,039,532 TH
6ab43ca996e75295...
...d096cf4b
2018-02-03 04:26 UTC
5,059,690 TH
0cc5cc1d686ebf75...
...b7db9674
2018-02-03 04:11 UTC
5,100,249 TH
f8ac79534d8f6aab...
...d5cacba0
2018-02-03 03:51 UTC
5,141,132 TH
f1b67626d000b538...
...b8e1dd9f
2018-02-03 03:49 UTC
5,161,697 TH
b6cae15531193681...
...56ed5092
2018-02-03 03:40 UTC
5,182,344 TH
de8bc6cd21cb2de5...
...4e57ab68
2018-02-03 03:08 UTC
5,203,073 TH
69b2be6cc5660eff...
...da9cc7ef
2018-02-03 03:06 UTC
5,223,885 TH
acdbbc6ec5687e50...
...ba2529b2
2018-02-03 02:49 UTC
5,244,781 TH
c3c801d5cb0339e1...
...80707f6b
2018-02-03 02:47 UTC
5,265,760 TH
caf3c1efcef3f5c8...
...c7146f69
2018-02-03 02:35 UTC
5,286,823 TH
2808c25525c9cbf9...
...1e0d0aee
2018-02-03 02:13 UTC
5,307,970 TH
79e0a71545d8c8ab...
...20d1745a
2018-02-03 01:41 UTC
5,350,519 TH
6b36fc746408fee3...
...6546a7a0
2018-02-03 01:35 UTC
5,371,921 TH
e46ef4eb247bdb1e...
...47e6b4c7
2018-02-03 01:34 UTC
5,414,983 TH
5b1caaaf61d16803...
...a3c25dd8
2018-02-03 01:24 UTC
5,480,223 TH
488a3f7f9d6a1073...
...5f0185bf
2018-02-03 01:06 UTC
5,524,152 TH
719a9fd91b5e4f7b...
...0b3e6b1d
2018-02-03 01:05 UTC
5,546,249 TH
25dc713542f5356a...
...e8749e60
2018-02-03 00:25 UTC
5,568,434 TH
5ca81ef7377d1159...
...ea24bb8e
2018-02-03 00:07 UTC
5,613,070 TH
2e23af74cdb6e139...
...51967d17
2018-02-03 00:06 UTC
5,635,523 TH
b2e34a4f7f9cd92b...
...4bc89f36
Boneyg001

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:03:31 AM

Ummm wtf this video is going around saying the Antminer a3 emits HCHO/Formaldehyde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjjRClk1se0

this can cause cancer and irritation.. is there any truth to this video?  Huh
BenRickert

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:34:25 AM

Ummm wtf this video is going around saying the Antminer a3 emits HCHO/Formaldehyde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjjRClk1se0

this can cause cancer and irritation.. is there any truth to this video?  Huh
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's fucking awesome!! OMG. Mine put up a bunch of smoke signals a few days ago and about an hour later I had a few Indians on my lawn and they had pitched a Teepee.

mousehouse

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:07:56 AM

I skipped on the D3 so can't comment on that one, but the A3 is by far the worst miner I've ever owned. Runs bloody hot, crashes all the time, hashboards dropping out, etc.

All my S9's have been great, my L3's so-so, but not buying another A3 ever...
Neo-Geo

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 10:21:55 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 10:32:26 AM by Neo-Geo

My experience with the A3: Total of 4 purchased direct from Bitmain. All are overclocked by +668, running in a 2-car garage with the door closed and zero ventilation, along with 4 other ASICs and 1080 Ti x16 GPUs. Mining non-stop since January 27th with zero reboots, averaging > 900 GH/s per A3. Have no choice but to give it 5/5 stars so far.

Could be because of the clean power: all are fed dedicated 220V 30A, 2 units are using EVGA 1600W T2, rest are on AW3++. Also keep the units low to the ground where the cool air stays, tho the garage stays around 90F+ (outside temps are 50F). Bitmain says operating temps max out at 104F, so fine solution until Spring/Summer.

mousehouse

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:46:53 PM

My experience with the A3: Total of 4 purchased direct from Bitmain. All are overclocked by +668, running in a 2-car garage with the door closed and zero ventilation, along with 4 other ASICs and 1080 Ti x16 GPUs. Mining non-stop since January 27th with zero reboots, averaging > 900 GH/s per A3. Have no choice but to give it 5/5 stars so far.

Could be because of the clean power: all are fed dedicated 220V 30A, 2 units are using EVGA 1600W T2, rest are on AW3++. Also keep the units low to the ground where the cool air stays, tho the garage stays around 90F+ (outside temps are 50F). Bitmain says operating temps max out at 104F, so fine solution until Spring/Summer.

Haha nice.

My A3's been acting up ever since day one and I think a hashboard just died on me. Temperatures are really low, with the outside cold the chip temps are ±60C. I see spikes in HW errors on all boards (bursts of 10k's of errors, leading to stale/invalid shares, and the one with the least amount of errors just left the building... Weird!
kr1p

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:14:37 PM

Hi,
I have a hashing board that seems not working. I tried to reset the A3 and to check the psu wires but it's the same.
I'm wondering about this cable pins (see image):
https://framapic.org/5K9fRbkaDfBo/YTfpAo0DRWAl.jpg
What do you think this is? Can I unplug one of the flat cable of the other pins and plug it there to try to fix the hasboard?
Bigsky

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:12:22 PM

Haha nice.

My A3's been acting up ever since day one and I think a hashboard just died on me. Temperatures are really low, with the outside cold the chip temps are ±60C. I see spikes in HW errors on all boards (bursts of 10k's of errors, leading to stale/invalid shares, and the one with the least amount of errors just left the building... Weird!
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: