Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:08:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] StarTrek insipred coins =) and mining links (Low Diff) Nice Bounties!  (Read 60687 times)
billym2k

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 12:34:37 AM

Awesome about the pools! Unfortunately the UFC it got mad at me when I tried to register (it said unable to create account: unable to send email)

EDIT i should read threads better, looks like that is ok Smiley
Woo! Up and running!
bitcoinextra

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 12:56:34 AM

Up and running on KED pool. Probably gonna stay there a little bit then to UFC. Then hopefully GPL Grin.

Thanks for pools dreamwatcher

Love your pools I have been happy customer in the past and present. Grin

Hello I am a Bitcoin and Crypto Currency enthusiast, hobbyist, and Crypto Currency Miner.
Roosevelt122007

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:47:14 AM

OK, First Pool is up!

The first pool is the Darsek Pool.

http://kedcoin.com
or
http://www.kedcoin.com

Mining ports:

LP -

http://kedcoin.com:3333

I am having a bit of a strange issue with the stratum port I use. For some reason it will detect candidate block submissions, record in the log , but never submit them to the daemon according to the daemons debug log. I have never seen an issue like this.

So...This means that the pools will be LP for now until I can solve the stratum issue.

It should only be a short time until the UFC mine is up. Once the UFC mine is up I will work on the stratum issue and customizing the web site so it looks better then the default look now.

The pool is down now???   

I have try half an hour.... it always show : json_rpc_call failed
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:55:32 AM

Yes,

They appear down. This is something I was hoping would not happen. Push pool is an older piece of software that is showing its age. It seems to crash more lately.

I will get it reset and try to  get stratum up ASAP.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 05:10:20 AM

After doing a bit of research, it appears many Cosmocoin pools are shutdown due to stratnum not being able to submit blocks.

Seeing as the Star Trek coins are based on Cosmocoin, they have inherited the problem.

I will continue to work to find a way to get either LP(Pushpool) stable or get stratum working with these coins.   Cheesy

Looks like another all nighter.....
Roosevelt122007

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:38:15 AM

After doing a bit of research, it appears many Cosmocoin pools are shutdown due to stratnum not being able to submit blocks.

Seeing as the Star Trek coins are based on Cosmocoin, they have inherited the problem.

I will continue to work to find a way to get either LP(Pushpool) stable or get stratum working with these coins.   Cheesy

Looks like another all nighter.....

Thanks for your work~~~
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 07:19:59 AM

I have been working to stabilize Pushpool, and it seems to be working ok.

I have supplied the pools with enough KED and UFC to lower the confirmations before crediting.

I normally like to run at 0 confirms, but because of the newness of these coins, orphans happen quite often.

I have lowered the number of confirms to credit on both pools to 10.
marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 12:24:07 PM

Hello guys!!

Is there official sites of coins in plan?
If there is need I can help with sites.

Also it would be great to have some words with Star Trek fans online shops like http://www.roddenberry.com/http://startrekshop.co.uk/ and main http://shop.startrek.com/  for future acceptance of the coins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
scificoin (OP)

Activity: 95

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:07:33 PM

Hello guys!!

Is there official sites of coins in plan?
If there is need I can help with sites.

Also it would be great to have some words with Star Trek fans online shops like http://www.roddenberry.com/ ,  http://startrekshop.co.uk/ and main http://shop.startrek.com/  for future acceptance of the coins.

There are many plans for the future! first we need to build a mining base, and spread the word. later Today or early tomorrow we will see the third coin released.  it's going to be Scrypt-Jane and will be called....

GoldPressedLatinum

But for now get your FREE UFC coins (free federation Credits) 100 (2 x blocks) each.  

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1100-startrek-ufc-federartion-credits-give-away/
bitcoinextra

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:56:44 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 04:06:51 PM by bitcoinextra

Hope to be able to do this in my mind when I have some GPL

For the coin commutniy this why GPL to a Trekkie crypto coin miner/collector is very cool.

Latinum was a rare substance which was prized by many civilizations in the Alpha Quadrant, including the Ferengi Alliance. For use as currency, liquid latinum was usually suspended within gold or gold dust which produced gold-pressed latinum. (DS9 episode: "Who Mourns for Morn?"; CCG set: Rules of Acquisition, card: "Gold-Pressed Latinum") The gold casing carried a maker's mark; the lack of such a mark normally indicated that the bar was stolen, or was counterfeit. (SCE eBook: Malefictorum)

Latinum was found naturally in the form of crystals which can be mined. Such crystals typically formed near pockets of nickel, iron, pergium, or cobalt. (DS9 novel: Devil in the Sky)

A Federation survey of the Davon system sometime before 2348 found traces of latinum on the moon Davonia. In 2355, the planets and moons of the Maxia Zeta star system were discovered to be richly endowed with many minerals and materials, including latinum. And in 2370 a group of Horta discovered deposits of latinum on The Prodigal, Bajor's outermost moon. (DS9 novel: Devil in the Sky; TNG - The Lost Era novel: The Buried Age)

A large amount of latinum supposedly exists underground on Ferenginar.(DS9 reference: Legends of the Ferengi)

One bar of latinum was equivalent to 20 strips; these two amounts were equal to to 2000 slips. (CCG set: Rules of Acquisition, card: "Gold-Pressed Latinum")

Latinum is usable as a currency specie because it is one of the few materials incapable of being replicated. Gold, which can be replicated, is unusable as a currency specie, and is useful only as a container for liquid latinum, due to gold's non-reactive nature.

But for now get your FREE UFC coins (free federation Credits) 100 (2 x blocks) each. 

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1100-startrek-ufc-federartion-credits-give-away/

Hello I am a Bitcoin and Crypto Currency enthusiast, hobbyist, and Crypto Currency Miner.
scificoin (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:35:49 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2013, 08:14:40 PM by scificoin

Gold Pressed Latium should be with us in the next hour!

Watch this thread...

EDIT..

Source
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx1G7d6xWpRaeWU4V3lxWC05VFE/edit?usp=sharing

QT
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx1G7d6xWpRaMDFnYWFJbW5NdTA/edit?usp=sharing

Gold Pressed Latinum [GPL]:

Scrypt-Jane Proof of Work+Proof of Stake

0.2 coins per block

1 million total coins

30 second blocks

2% transaction fee

RPC Port = 23640

P2P Port: 23641
scificoin (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:18:16 PM

bump, for all you Ferengi fans.

GPL is live

Grin
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 08:58:40 PM

Thought i would give everybody an Update:

I have been working pretty much non-stop since last night. In fact when testing new solutions to the mining issue, I finished a faucet for a different coin, finished enough of the code changes in CCEC3 to release test version 3.4.

I must have tried and then tried to fix about a half dozen stratum packages (Plain scrypt and scrypt+POS).  All the while trying to get a couple different versions of Pushpool to stabilize. i solved the "Too many files open" issue, but now instead they just lock up. No errors or anything, just lock at random.

All the stratum back-ends display this error when submitting a block:

Code:
ERROR bitcoin_rpc bitcoin_rpc.submitblock # Problem Submitting block 500 Internal Server Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ked/ked/mine2/stratum-mining-litecoin/lib/bitcoin_rpc.py", line 49, in submitblock
    resp = (yield self._call('getblocktemplate', [{'mode': 'submit', 'data': block_hex}]))

And the daemon debug simply show:

Code:
submitblock
Sign failed

At this point I cannot guarantee uptime with the pools, I thought about temporary taking them offline as I cannot babysit them 24/7. However I will keep them up and when I catch Pushpool freeze up I will reset it.

I would HIGHLY suggest setting up solo mining as a fail over so you do not lose hash power. Cgminer will switch back automatically when the LP comes back up.

I will continue to work on the problem, but I have to sleep sometime...I Think  Huh

To the Coin developers - Cosmocoin is known to cause problems with stratum, a fix would go along way towards exapnding the coins. I will try from my end, but I believe the answer is with the coin daemon itself.

billym2k

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 11:33:04 PM

Watch this thread...

EDIT..

Source

QT

0.2 coins per block

1 million total coins

30 second blocks

2% transaction fee

RPC Port = 23640

Awesome! Should this be in OP?

BTW, does anyone have experience mining scrypt-jane? With gen=1 in my conf file my processor is running smoking hot
scificoin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:27:38 AM

Watch this thread...

EDIT..

Source

QT

0.2 coins per block

1 million total coins

30 second blocks

2% transaction fee

RPC Port = 23640

Awesome! Should this be in OP?

BTW, does anyone have experience mining scrypt-jane? With gen=1 in my conf file my processor is running smoking hot

It will run all threads at 100% as far as i know.  lucky I have a decent cooler on mine so it's not an issue.  

Not sure what if any, flag to lower the intensity, maybe the is some command that you can do from the console?

anyone else know ..  I am also a s-jane novice.  

scificoin (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 12:45:31 AM

Thought i would give everybody an Update:

I have been working pretty much non-stop since last night. In fact when testing new solutions to the mining issue, I finished a faucet for a different coin, finished enough of the code changes in CCEC3 to release test version 3.4.

I must have tried and then tried to fix about a half dozen stratum packages (Plain scrypt and scrypt+POS).  All the while trying to get a couple different versions of Pushpool to stabilize. i solved the "Too many files open" issue, but now instead they just lock up. No errors or anything, just lock at random.

All the stratum back-ends display this error when submitting a block:

Code:
ERROR bitcoin_rpc bitcoin_rpc.submitblock # Problem Submitting block 500 Internal Server Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/ked/ked/mine2/stratum-mining-litecoin/lib/bitcoin_rpc.py", line 49, in submitblock
    resp = (yield self._call('getblocktemplate', [{'mode': 'submit', 'data': block_hex}]))

And the daemon debug simply show:

Code:
submitblock
Sign failed

At this point I cannot guarantee uptime with the pools, I thought about temporary taking them offline as I cannot babysit them 24/7. However I will keep them up and when I catch Pushpool freeze up I will reset it.

I would HIGHLY suggest setting up solo mining as a fail over so you do not lose hash power. Cgminer will switch back automatically when the LP comes back up.

I will continue to work on the problem, but I have to sleep sometime...I Think  Huh

To the Coin developers - Cosmocoin is known to cause problems with stratum, a fix would go along way towards exapnding the coins. I will try from my end, but I believe the answer is with the coin daemon itself.

Sounds like you are having a hard time!  I hoped this would be smooth...  does sound like there is some hope.  Only Darsek is based on cosmoscoin, I was not aware of an issue when I picked this coin to clone.   Sad
bitcoinextra

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 02:13:34 AM

Thanks for this scificoin Grin

Finally Got the 50.00 GPL I always wanted and then some.

I will get my lobes stoke tonight by many women, if you know what i am saying. Wink

I will pass around some GPL soon when the diff. gets to high.

I'll go on exchanges chat room and here to pass around any extra scifi coins i have. So keep and eye out.

and to scificoin Thank You. Looking forward to the Scificoin Exchange. I like the sound of that.

P.S. Let me know when you have your marvel coins going to come out you know,

Adamantium, Carbonadium,  Asgardian metal Uru, and Vibranium. I am such a Nerd Wink

My processor running a little hot as well. From mining GPL as well. New to Scrypt-Jane as well.

billym2k

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:33:58 AM

I set genproclimit=3 in my conf file which uses 3 cores instead of all 4 of my i5, and that has cooled down my processor (and lowered my hash rate). The difficulty is really low right now so the lower processor speed doesn't really matter tho Smiley

Thanks again scificoin Cheesy These coins are great fun. Hopefully we can figure out the cosmocoin/stratum issue
truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 02:49:32 AM

any news on trading KED guys?
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 03:12:30 AM

any news on trading KED guys?

That's what I'm wondering
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: