Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:53:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] StarTrek insipred coins =) and mining links (Low Diff) Nice Bounties!  (Read 60681 times)
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 06:53:10 PM

Thank you for the effort daemon, unfortunately that advice my help somebody running a block "crawler" (even the one's that call themselves "Explorers"), but not a true Explorer.

In CCE3 and all true block explorers, all the block and transaction information is sorted and stored in a separate database.  In CCE3,when the coin daemon detects a new block on the network, it triggers "Block Notify", which then starts up the explorers' database load module. The DB load module then queries the daemon for all the block and transaction information for blocks not in the explorers' database.

The issue arises when the daemon gives the db loader information about an orphan block because it has not realized it has an orphan block stored. The db loader then stores the incorrect information and does not realize it until a block  references a transaction that does not exist in the database. To try and rollback would be difficult since the offending block could be 1000's of blocks back and all the indexes would have to be corrected. This would add an amount of complexity to the code I want to avoid.

I have thought of a couple of ways around this, but I need help with an estimation of the time it takes the daemon to correct itself.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:08:44 PM

The DB load module then queries the daemon for all the block and transaction information for blocks not in the explorers' database.

The issue arises when the daemon gives the db loader information about an orphan block because it has not realized it has an orphan block stored.

Two things...

First, before the Load Module requests to have the transactions fetched... run the query to fetch all non greater than zero output txids, and loop deletetransaction <txid> on the array... then restart daemon and upon restart and sync, then the Load Module can fetch the good blocks. I see the only issue here being how often this would run depending on if you have a ton of orphans... maybe a test to not run the array and deletion with restart if no zero outputs detected?

Second, given it is an orphan, that means you are seeing TWO blocks with the same block number being brought in by the Load Module? So, a line to test when it sees duplicate block numbers and drop the zero output one? Or maybe instead, a test to find zero output txids and have them in an array that the Load Module references as it fetches so it knows before hand that XXX txid is trash?

Come to think of it... would it not be just as easy to make a seperate module just for this and call it before the Load Module? Have this module test for orphans based on zero ouput, delete them and restart daemon if there is, then run Load module, or if there are none, go on its way?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 08:37:09 PM

I have moved the conversion about the orphan issue to the CCE3 test thread as not to clutter up this thread.  Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262539.msg3131923#msg3131923
dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:11:06 AM

Whomever is responsible for the UFCCOIN really needs to change the black background. The logo can stay but the black background makes it too hard to read other things on the screen. Luckily its almost an exact copy of almost all of the other pools so I know what I am looking at. But for others this could be troublesome.

huahua520

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:04:43 AM

ufccoin still can not connect, I affirm that I have no problem. I know of at least more than one person is unable to connect, but I found mine pool inside or someone can connect, do not know why?

Let's color the MOON:YBA46bGEPE3tAp45Rw2quBo34uB4EQeDcC
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:07:40 AM

i have update the gpl client,why the mined coins all lost?
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 04:08:07 AM

ufccoin still can not connect, I affirm that I have no problem. I know of at least more than one person is unable to connect, but I found mine pool inside or someone can connect, do not know why?

Make sure your browser is not blocking cookies. The pool front-end uses a security cookie to stop session hijacking. If your browser is blocking it, the front end will not let you log on, you will need to white list the pool.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:02:30 AM

I have started testing the server environment.

This means all the SCFI coins have moved to their permanent CCE address ( for both testing and release):

UFC:

ufc.cryptocoinexplorer.com  or www.ufc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

KED:

ked.cryptocoinexplorer.com   or www.ked.cryptocoinexplorer.com

GPL:

gpl.cryptocoinexplorer.com  or www.gpl.cryptocoinexplorer.com

The UFC explorer is down for about an hour while I yet again reconstruct its database due to orphans.

FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 03:29:54 PM

Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing or sharing links?

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
daemonfox

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:44:55 PM

Happy Friday the 13th... all CCE instances posting Internal Server Errors.

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦              ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦ 
    ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
     ¦¦                      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
              ¦           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   
           ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦     
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦          

R I Z E N
....ZEN Nodes.... ....Horizen Academy.... ....Help Desk    ....Faucet   
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
¦
scificoin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:21:39 PM

Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing or sharing links?

Yes !

We will be having big give aways for people posting on Trek forums and for basically spreading the word.

At the moment we are waiting for completion of the exchange, as as soon as this is released then we will begin to push the coins.  I just think until we have the exchange ready, promotion of the coins is pointless. 
darksoft

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:42:06 PM

Yes !

We will be having big give aways for people posting on Trek forums and for basically spreading the word.

At the moment we are waiting for completion of the exchange, as as soon as this is released then we will begin to push the coins.  I just think until we have the exchange ready, promotion of the coins is pointless. 

Promotion of a coin/coins is always a good idea...
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 10:41:41 PM

Happy Friday the 13th... all CCE instances posting Internal Server Errors.

They are back up...for now  Cheesy  Welcome to the wonderful world of beta testing.  Tongue

Dam orphan issue again. I need to rethink my whole strategy on that issue. It is the one bug that is holding me back.
FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 11:20:36 PM

Yes !

How can I get involved? Is there a specific forum or link to share? Just let me know when you're ready.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
scificoin (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:37:40 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2013, 02:36:07 PM by scificoin

should be on course for beta testing the exchange in 5 days!   Grin

Let us know if you like the look Smiley ... but it's unlikely we will change it now.  The logo will be slightly different.  This was a first draft.  We are hoping for beta testing to begin on Sat 21st Sept.  Then we will really push these coins.  We have some big plans.

scificoin (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:40:35 PM

Yes !

How can I get involved? Is there a specific forum or link to share? Just let me know when you're ready.

We will do !  as soon as the exchange has passed beta testing we will be full time promoting and doing the giveaways and looking at viable services.  We have a web host interested in using UFC or KED for hosting.  But for now we just need to get fully up and running with the exchange.
scificoin (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:42:22 PM

We should have Yubikey and Google auth when finished Smiley
just_me

Activity: 420

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:07:22 AM

I just got the GPL wallet, and am waiting for it to synch.

Anyone got some GPL coins to give away ?

Here is my GPL address (hope it can receive while it is still synching)

FECoeHxFU3UqTqDUfqPyTJRPqHz3AHJPGU

(GPL address starts with 'F' ? how come?)

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 05:35:55 AM

GPL is most commonly associated with the Ferengi Alliance. So I am thinking that was the reason for the address version 35, which will always produce a uppercase F for the prefix.

Latinum is a rare silver liquid used as currency by many worlds, most notably the Ferengi Alliance. Latinum cannot be replicated and the reasons for its rarity are unknown. Latinum is usually suspended within the element gold to produce the currency Gold Pressed Latinum.

Although against the spirit of just about every Rule of Acquisition I will send you one blocks' worth of GPL (0.2)   Wink

just_me

Activity: 420

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 06:00:31 AM

GPL is most commonly associated with the Ferengi Alliance. So I am thinking that was the reason for the address version 35, which will always produce a uppercase F for the prefix.

Latinum is a rare silver liquid used as currency by many worlds, most notably the Ferengi Alliance. Latinum cannot be replicated and the reasons for its rarity are unknown. Latinum is usually suspended within the element gold to produce the currency Gold Pressed Latinum.

Although against the spirit of just about every Rule of Acquisition I will send you one blocks' worth of GPL (0.2)   Wink

Thank you Dreamwatcher. I received some GPL

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: