Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] StarTrek insipred coins =) and mining links (Low Diff) Nice Bounties!  (Read 60688 times)
scificoin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 11:48:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up about the pools.  Seems like dreamwatcher has it covered. 

For those who want to discuss problems they perceive with another exchange, it would be appreciated if want to talk about this, that you discuss this on the threads related to that exchange.

Personally I use the exchange in question and have never had a problem. Anyway if people could stop mentioning them in a bad light and stay on topic.

We have not come up with a full "coin listing" policy yet.  But if your coin is not related to science fiction, fantasy or comics then it will be extremely unlikely we would list it.

We are not aiming to compete with the these exchanges, we are not hoping to get rich quick. We wish to offer a secure, niche trading site for scifi enthusiasts, with the option of other services.  We will promote dreamwatchers pools as the official pools for the startrek coins (plus any other pools he cares to add that are related to scifi etc.). 

As soon as the exchange opens, we will then hold some kind of poll to decide on the fate of the remaining 970,000 UFC and 9700 KED premines.   We want some original ideas.  So if people want to discuss that in the thread that would be nice to see.  Every coin of the premine will need to find a new home. 
darksoft

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 01:26:42 AM

We are not aiming to compete with the these exchanges, we are not hoping to get rich quick. We wish to offer a secure, niche trading site for scifi enthusiasts, with the option of other services.  We will promote dreamwatchers pools as the official pools for the startrek coins (plus any other pools he cares to add that are related to scifi etc.). 

If this is the case you should have left this off these forums and focused on scifi forums only. By bringing it here, you have everyone on these forums looking at this and your disinterest in attempting to be a part of the community.

Like it or not, there have been quite a few people mining these coins, expending time and $$$ to do so. At least a token attempt to contact the local exchanges for inclusion would be helpful, instead of coming off as too good for the community.

You don't get it both ways.
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 01:47:18 AM

I've mined a lot of these sci-fi coins..... why?... because I am waiting for an exchange?  No.

I do it because I think they're cool. 
I don't care if they're ever worth anything. .. I just like collecting coins !

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
scificoin (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 10:18:41 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2013, 11:28:58 AM by scificoin

We are not aiming to compete with the these exchanges, we are not hoping to get rich quick. We wish to offer a secure, niche trading site for scifi enthusiasts, with the option of other services.  We will promote dreamwatchers pools as the official pools for the startrek coins (plus any other pools he cares to add that are related to scifi etc.).  

If this is the case you should have left this off these forums and focused on scifi forums only. By bringing it here, you have everyone on these forums looking at this and your disinterest in attempting to be a part of the community.

"Disinterest in attempting to be a part of the community" Why are you throwing an oxymoron at us?  BitJohn said in the cryptsy thread around 28th August that these coins won't be listed.  We were already working on our own exchange before this anyway.  Why would we waste time on a potentially fruitless activity of lobbying cryptsy or another exchange, when it would be far more productive to work on our own goals.  

It was said from the start we want to attract interest from outside the alt-coin world.  That was the whole idea, our love for scifi and trek was and remains the driving factor, and will ultimately be the force that makes these coins a success.  It's the one thing I hope ties us together.  I hope that the coins are loved by alt-coin users and scifi enthusiasts alike of course.

As for just adding these coins on trek / scifi forums only, thats great but it would mean we would not get any help from other developers.  They are taking the same risk of time and effort as with any other altcoin launch.   We are extremely grateful for the time and effort put in by Dreamwatcher and the miners, and we are sure they will be rewarded for there efforts.   I will personally be attempting buying a number of coins with my LTC or BTC.

Like it or not, there have been quite a few people mining these coins, expending time and $$$ to do so. At least a token attempt to contact the local exchanges for inclusion would be helpful, instead of coming off as too good for the community.

We would like to point out that we are not in direct competition with other exchanges as we don't offer the same coins.  In the same way Web money (RU+UKR+Eastern Europe)  and Paypal (US+EU+Australasia) are not in direct competition yet.  Some exchanges for example, list almost 75 coins in what seems like reverse Darwinism.  Lack of liquidity is bad for a currency, but lack of  fluctuation and frequency are not necessarily indicators of a problem, on the contrary, they can be indicators of the long term stability.   They may not be as profitable for the exchange, but that is why i said "we are not hoping to get rich quick.".    The premise that the price of the coins will suffer due to the fact they are not on cryptsy is flawed at so many levels.  

My personal thoughts are that the miners of these coins, will be rewarded in the long term, I personally believe in their success and will be doing all that I can to help promote and spread the word.  Some miners are there to take a punt sure, but some are there because they believe the same as me that there is a future for these coins.  When the exchange opens the market will decide over the long term.  But if you believe they won't be profitable due to the fact they will not be listed on cryptsy you are mistaken on many a level.

When I said "we are not hoping to get rich quick." I was referring to us at the exchange.  so with reflection I will need to quote you, back at yourself.
You don't get it both ways.

Anyway thats it for now.  I have work to do. But please now use this thread for talking about the coins not arguing why I did not lobby cryptsy for inclusion.

As for the pre-mine, I personally want to spend it on 3 areas.

1.  To reward small time but loyal miners at the pools.
2.  To reward posts on trek and scifi forums explaining how to mine these coins and where to sell/buy them.  
3.  give aways outside of the alt community to help bring in fresh interest from outside.

Do people agree?
LewiesMan

Activity: 384

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 11:14:10 AM

To Scificoin: don't doubt yourself - your doing good work! I'm not a shrink, but my advice/opinion... Don't listen to these jealous types with their
Negativity( who's only putting you down - because you're accomplishing something their not) I'm looking forward to when you launch your exchange
I'm very curious to see how it will look(the final touch) "Warp Speed!"
truckythin

Activity: 781

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:50:53 PM

guys, what happening with KED? Getting stuck at block 22622  Huh
wmikrut

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 04:45:07 PM

I am synced to block 58040 with 6 connections.
Restart your client perhaps?

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

wmikrut

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 04:46:01 PM

To Scificoin: don't doubt yourself - your doing good work!

+1

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 07:30:36 PM

Try adding the block explorer node:

addnode=84.200.84.93

This node is good for all three SciFi coins.

BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:44:38 PM

I'm a fan of the coins myself well its the nerd in me that likes them Smiley I would like to list them are the devs opposed to this?
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 07:55:00 PM

I already see a problem with one of the coins. KED has a retarget of 480 blocks. As soon as this coin gets added to cryptsy, it will be gang raped by miners, diff will be pushed SKY HIGH and it will languish in high diff hell. I think that this should be addressed before the coin goes on an exchange, I would like to see these coins succeed.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 07:58:54 PM

I already see a problem with one of the coins. KED has a retarget of 480 blocks. As soon as this coin gets added to cryptsy, it will be gang raped by miners, diff will be pushed SKY HIGH and it will languish in high diff hell. I think that this should be addressed before the coin goes on an exchange, I would like to see these coins succeed.

I just changed those stats in the explorer. Targeting changes every block. I got a bit turned around in the code as it still contains some remnants of its parent coins. If you look at the blocks in the explorers, you will see all the SciFi coins adjust difficulty every block.

truckythin

Activity: 781

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 04:49:55 AM

what is different between POWMined and POFMined?  Huh
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 05:01:40 AM

what is different between POWMined and POFMined?  Huh

POW = Proof of Work. This is mining through hashing. Using CPU or GPU to hash against a target to solve a block

POS = Proof of Stake. This was brought to the community through PPC. Coins that are unmoved in a wallet over a certain amount of time (usually around 30 days) can generate blocks themselves. The amount of "interest" or block reward is determined by the coin.

To date, All coins are POW or POW/POS. No POS only coins exist.

cassieheart

Activity: 354

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:51:59 AM

I Have been running two big Microsoft azure VM's they have been hashing away with no problems. So I signed up for Amazon ec2 and set up some free micro instances using poolers-cpu miner but they don't show up in my workers there are no errors in the miner and seems to be working fine but the pool isn't picking them up. Anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong here?
nullbitspectre1848

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:36:21 AM

Does anyone have a windows build for the GPL miner?  I am using an older scrypt-jane miner, but it won't connect to the pool.  It looks like it's hashing well solo, but I'm not getting anything (~12 hours @ 800kh/s).

scificoin (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:22:46 AM

The new client with fixed splash screen and added checkpoints is now available.  Tested and fully syncing. 

https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/A00C8F057B6148D4A279C0E319F80D904

Delete all (but DO NOT DELETE wallet.dat) in the roaming folder and then run the new client.  My test synced up all 58000 blocks in about 30 mins. 
jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:35:01 AM

Does anyone have a windows build for the GPL miner?  I am using an older scrypt-jane miner, but it won't connect to the pool.  It looks like it's hashing well solo, but I'm not getting anything (~12 hours @ 800kh/s).

http://rghost.net/48162507
This is the miner most people (me included)  have been finding success with.  I tried for days with the others with very limited success.   

GPL is low diff at the moment.  I am fairy sure it will be worth > 0.04 BTC in 3 months time.  You can all quote me this back on New Years Eve if I am wrong. 

Signature for hire!
scificoin (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:35:39 AM

To Scificoin: don't doubt yourself - your doing good work! I'm not a shrink, but my advice/opinion... Don't listen to these jealous types with their
Negativity( who's only putting you down - because you're accomplishing something their not) I'm looking forward to when you launch your exchange
I'm very curious to see how it will look(the final touch) "Warp Speed!"

To Scificoin: don't doubt yourself - your doing good work!

+1

Thanks Guys, this really means a lot to us Smiley
scificoin (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:38:38 AM

what is different between POWMined and POFMined?  Huh

What Dreamwatcher said essentially.

I like to simplify it personally.

POW = Mined coins

POS = Interest (usually 1.5% a year) on Mined coins.  Only payable if you have not moved the coins to another wallet or location.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: