Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:14:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] StarTrek insipred coins =) and mining links (Low Diff) Nice Bounties!  (Read 60683 times)
Shad3dOne

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 04:31:26 AM

"Damnit Westly! ..."

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:16:46 PM

Isaac Newton: I invented physics. The day that apple fell on my head was the most momentous day in the history of science.

Prof. Stephen Hawking: Not the apple story again.

Lt. Cmdr. Data: That story is generally considered to be apocryphal.

Isaac Newton: [insulted] What? How dare you!

unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 06:12:01 AM

There is an episode in Voyager where a Q confessed to have dropped that darn apple.

Also, Shad3d, what does that red button do??  Undecided

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
unfocus

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 07:29:48 AM

I don't know if any of you are aware that UFC is tradeable in CNY market at https://btcltc.com/home/index/ufc_cny.
Current price is not flattering though..

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:27:21 PM

barely anyone uses that cause its chinese, too hard to understand

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
theofilos921

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:13:28 AM

maybe coinex?or bter?
if scificoin not going to make it...Tongue

theofilos921
unfocus

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 08:58:45 AM

maybe coinex?or bter?

Well, we did a massive upvote at Coinex thread, and got a deaf ear.

I just sent an email to bter today, let see what happen.

And one more thing, I wouldn't count scifiexchange completely off yet:

OhShBit

Activity: 114

¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:22:47 PM

maybe coinex?or bter?

Well, we did a massive upvote at Coinex thread, and got a deaf ear.

I just sent an email to bter today, let see what happen.

And one more thing, I wouldn't count scifiexchange completely off yet:

Looks great! Can't wait!:D
unfocus

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 05:25:49 AM

State of the onion federation: what's going on with Star Trek Coins.

Star Trek and Crypto fans, I am sure that many of us love these coins, and what they represent to our love to Star Trek and other SciFi tales. But many of us are quite uncertain about the future of these coins. While the idea of these coins have been brilliant, the execution and the follow up by the creator, SciFi, had been lacking.

SciFi, Dreamwatcher and I had been trying to work together to bring the promised exchange to the community. However, it's sad to say that SciFi has been missing not only from this thread, but also from communicating with the two of us! Both Dreamwatcher and I had been saddened and frustrated with the situation. Personally, a few times I lost motivation to work on the exchange and gave up.

However, instead of walking away, Dreamwatcher and I decided to take over this project and to bring a new life to these (and possibly future) coins. Dreamwatcher is currently working on the KED replacement, and I continue to work on the exchange.

While we are committed, we will not be able to do everything ourselves. We need support and contributions from all the community members, both in technical matters and in marketing efforts to bring these coins to wider adoption and to continue increasing the values of these coins.

Lets do it together, to boldly go where no coins have gone before!

Unfocus and Dreamwatcher

truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 09:09:03 AM

coin owner seem does not show up for a month...  Undecided
Krichwins

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 10:05:51 AM

Star Trek and Crypto fans, I am sure that many of us love these coins, and what they represent to our love to Star Trek and other SciFi tales. But many of us are quite uncertain about the future of these coins. While the idea of these coins have been brilliant, the execution and the follow up by the creator, SciFi, had been lacking.

SciFi, Dreamwatcher and I had been trying to work together to bring the promised exchange to the community. However, it's sad to say that SciFi has been missing not only from this thread, but also from communicating with the two of us! Both Dreamwatcher and I had been saddened and frustrated with the situation. Personally, a few times I lost motivation to work on the exchange and gave up.

However, instead of walking away, Dreamwatcher and I decided to take over this project and to bring a new life to these (and possibly future) coins. Dreamwatcher is currently working on the KED replacement, and I continue to work on the exchange.

While we are committed, we will not be able to do everything ourselves. We need support and contributions from all the community members, both in technical matters and in marketing efforts to bring these coins to wider adoption and to continue increasing the values of these coins.

Unfocus and Dreamwatcher

I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right spot but I mined this coin during it's initial launch and even found a few superblocks. I myself would like to see it get listed. R3w is creating an exchange it's opensource exchange maybe he will list this coin so we can trade it. It's a project type exchange but it might breathe new life.
unfocus

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 04:09:09 PM

I'm not sure if I'm putting this in the right spot but I mined this coin during it's initial launch and even found a few superblocks. I myself would like to see it get listed. R3w is creating an exchange it's opensource exchange maybe he will list this coin so we can trade it. It's a project type exchange but it might breathe new life.

I am aware of that project. I have downloaded the code. Last time I checked, it wasn't very clean yet. There were so many hardcoded values. I am going to periodically check that and see if it's suitable to use.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 06:29:07 PM

A bit of an update on the KED relaunch:

It is based on the latest Novacoin client/daemon. This gives it a base coding that is maintained and actively developed.

I will attempt to make sure all the current and future features will work in the Darsek client/daemon.

I also wanted to stay away from a clone of a clone and all the inherited problems with that kind of development base.

It is still the plan to distribute the coins in the same amount/addresses as were recorded in the last explorer database. Whether the client will be able to directly use the old wallet or one will have to import keys remains to be seen. If I am unable to get the client to import the old wallet automatically, I will write an application to automate the procedure outside the client. However, I am confident that I will get the client to use the old wallet.

Much of the work is done, POW works fine and I have made some of the adjustments to the POS system. Next step is to test POS and then do the final tweaking.

The explorers have been down more then up. The database loader system is working great, the issue is with the web server code and database connections open/close in relation to user threads. It has been perplexing to say the least...  Huh

BTW: DOCTOR WHO 50th anniversary tomorrow, I do not think I will get much done tomorrow.  Wink

Shad3dOne

Activity: 261

Interesting.....

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 06:05:27 PM

Unfocus and Dreamwatcher

Please dont let UFC,KED, and GPL die!!

I also pledge my support to the further development of these coins.

pm me if i can help.

Domain for sale -> NXTcoin.com, 200 btc/2.9 M nxt. pm me
like craigslist but for btc! --> Visit BTClist.com
FederationCredits--> C6khbXzADRUeT9di2SpNubCt2UVTuayKMV What's this?
unfocus

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

pm me if i can help.

Thank you, Shad3dOne! Thanks for the forum too!

I really think that we need to run more marketing efforts for these coins. I was thinking maybe you can run some Trivia giveaways in the scifi forum, drive traffic over there. I don't mind funding it.

We need to rejuvenate the community, and slowly crystalize 'SciFi Coin Foundation", so to speak.

We need a coin website, doesn't have to be too fancy for now. It's not something too difficult for me to do, but every time I have some free time, I feel compelled to spend it for the exchange instead.

As far as the exchange, my goal is to have a good beta by the end of the year, and be in general availability early next year. I think it's possible to get there sooner, but I want to under-promise instead. Just so you know, the screenshot I took was from the site working on my development box, not photoshopped.

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 07:30:11 PM

Started UFC giveaway for Trivia answers

http://scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,38.0.html

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Uhlbelk

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 11:35:59 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 04:23:43 AM by Uhlbelk

pm me if i can help.
Please continue working on the UFC concept or at least something comparable.  The best I can do right now is encourage those who have the knowledge to  give new coins life to do the best they can.
I was preparing to offer some theme based merchandise for UFC just to be the first on your forum to do so. Wink
The UFC is the closest I have found to my own vision of a universal coin not backed by other fiat funny money. Well not yet anyway. Or is it?
Thanks for inspiring my interest anew.
In the next few weeks I will gladly spend some time on some SciFi sites endorsing the coins.
Let me talk with my partner and see if he in interested in hosting a site on our servers. If all goes well I will take to the task of building a static site since there is already a forum.

Keep up the great work!

Freedom with SciFi Coin
unfocus

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 06:41:32 AM

Please continue working on the UFC concept or at least something comparable.  The best I can do right now is encourage those who have the knowledge to  give new coins life to do the best they can.
I was preparing to offer some theme based merchandise for UFC just to be the first on your forum to do so. Wink
The UFC is the closest I have found to my own vision of a universal coin not backed by other fiat funny money. Well not yet anyway. Or is it?
In the next few weeks I will gladly spend some time on some SciFi sites endorsing the coins.
Let me talk with my partner and see if he in interested in hosting a site on our servers. If all goes well I will take to the task of building a static site since there is already a forum.

Keep up the great work!

You know what, offering merchandise and endorsing the coins on other sites are the highest order of flattery for these coins. Thanks a lot.

WRT the site, don't worry about hosting at all. Dreamwatcher already has a domain, and we both have several servers that can host. It's about actually making the pages

trid

Activity: 425

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:54:45 PM

Keep up the great work!

You know what, offering merchandise and endorsing the coins on other sites are the highest order of flattery for these coins. Thanks a lot.

WRT the site, don't worry about hosting at all. Dreamwatcher already has a domain, and we both have several servers that can host. It's about actually making the pages

btw, now is a good time to introduce these coins to any exchange
Uhlbelk

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:36:58 AM

Star Trek The Next Generation: Technical Manual Auction Starting at 20ufc
http://scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,40.0.html

Freedom with SciFi Coin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: