Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:57:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] StarTrek insipred coins =) and mining links (Low Diff) Nice Bounties!  (Read 60683 times)
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 06:43:03 PM

let's make some traffic
CFPP7C5LESwi5wMZwrdAT3bQf4pnUnDfcv
Send me fake KED  Grin

post some addresses so I can send you fake KED

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:23:21 PM

In the interest of getting a larger testing base, the Darsek Relaunch TEST CHAIN 2 is now an open beta.

The Source is here:

https://github.com/kedv2arise/DarsekV2Test2.git

The TEST pool is here:

http://test.kedcoin.com

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A TEST CHAIN AND WILL BE DISCARDED WHEN DARSEK IS OFFICIALLY RELAUNCHED.

As mentioned before, the explorer for this test is at:

ked.cryptocoinexplorer.com

wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap.
We succeed together in a greater whole.

Have a 7950 pointed your way...getting shares!   Grin
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:46:26 PM

There is a new commit to the Darsek TEST 2 github. This is optional, but it shows the cosmetic theme I want to go with.

Let me know If I  am on the right track or drifting into Romulan space.  Grin
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 11:31:48 PM

For those unable to run the QT version without windows binaries, here is a shot of the "home" page of the wallet.

I want to gauge the reaction of the community  before going further.
Scooby903

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:40:17 PM

For those unable to run the QT version without windows binaries, here is a shot of the "home" page of the wallet.

I want to gauge the reaction of the community  before going further.

I like it...think it would set it apart!
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 11:40:25 PM

Nice.  I am just running the darsekd ATM

The dark theme is a good contrast to almost all white std wallet.

The button text in phonetic klingon is a nice touch. the button Icons tell you what they mean. However downarrow "Hev" doesn't matchup with the recent transactions area which use left arrow and right arrow not right and down.

Is mined a crossed pickaxe or a mini version of the logo on the left?

--edit for typos--

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 11:56:19 PM

"wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap"

Sig
HzHtvAhV9P/5P7DMV9Py774ir9aKfZnsJBREAHnjAib/eCSb3z3+T0b5ddUCvHKQbWmOG4UCkbnPOhCIjL5cTCs=

can someone verify message? I needed to put message in quotes not sure if you will need to to verify.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:32:45 AM

"wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap"

Sig
HzHtvAhV9P/5P7DMV9Py774ir9aKfZnsJBREAHnjAib/eCSb3z3+T0b5ddUCvHKQbWmOG4UCkbnPOhCIjL5cTCs=

can someone verify message? I needed to put message in quotes not sure if you will need to to verify.

Without the quotes, yes it does:

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:35:36 AM

I am going to work on making Klingon a locale option in the Darsek wallet.

I just bought the Kindle of the Klingon dictionary and will do a full wallet translation. I do have to see about getting the Klingon font into the wallet, but I do not foresee an issue with it.
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:37:19 AM

Thank you. Figured it would work but we are testing it.

Should that be white text on black or same dark BG as home screen? My guess this is part of 'going further' you mentioned.

dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:56:46 AM

Thank you. Figured it would work but we are testing it.

Should that be white text on black or same dark BG as home screen? My guess this is part of 'going further' you mentioned.

The only BG image is in the Recent Transactions box. That qtframe contains a list object which handles having a BG image well.

The rest of the text on the page are label objects and they tend to produce block boxes larger then the text. This looks kinda goofy with a  picture background.

Anyway,the work so far was to give an idea of the direction I want to go with the whole wallet. It might not even be all done by release.

I think it is important to have the SciFi crypto coins stand apart from the rest of the coins. I see these as  niche product that will be successful based on more usefulness to Scifi fans around the world. From role-playing to Scifi product markets, these could really take off.
Because of this nature, I believe the currency should "dress the part" and I think time should be taken to make the wallets seem like something that would be used in the Scifi worlds they represent.

mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 01:01:31 AM

Completely agree. These are more of a collectable item and should have all the extras that make it special. You should get a 'in the world' feeling from the wallet.

truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:09:04 AM

longtime i didnot back to this coin.
Can i ask a noob questions: where can i get latest binaries of scifi coin, especially the KED one?

Thanks.
Scooby903

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:20:05 AM

In the interest of getting a larger testing base, the Darsek Relaunch TEST CHAIN 2 is now an open beta.

The Source is here:

https://github.com/kedv2arise/DarsekV2Test2.git

The TEST pool is here:

http://test.kedcoin.com

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A TEST CHAIN AND WILL BE DISCARDED WHEN DARSEK IS OFFICIALLY RELAUNCHED.

As mentioned before, the explorer for this test is at:

ked.cryptocoinexplorer.com

wa' Dol nIvDaq matay'DI' maQap.
We succeed together in a greater whole.

So how long are you going to be testing?  Pool seems to be working great BTW...just wish I could keep my 800 or so KED  Grin
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:37:58 AM

The second test has been running about 48 hours and the block times are horrible.

From Block 130 to block 6818 it has been approx. 48 Hours.

6688 blocks / 48 hours = ~139 blocks an hour.

That is over twice the target of 60 blocks an hour.

Difficulty has been rising, despite the very low hash rate, from .00398 - .00899

So I am in a bit of a spot.

The difficulty algo is steadily raising the Difficulty to slow what little hash rate we have down. The Difficulty algo limits itself to no more then 200% a day (PPC/NVC type Difficult adjustment).

The first round of appeared to go good, however I noticed some variables before the second round of testing that just did not seem right. Seeing as we had a low hash rate for the first round also, I figured that could be effecting the algo. The low hash rate could also be the issue now.

If I go to change anything, anybody running clients will need to update and that can be like turning an elephant. I could just set up a private network of daemons connected with the pool and do a closed loop test where I could adjust "on the fly" so to speak. There does not appear to be too many people interested in testing , so this will probably be the route I take.
I will put the updated test clients on github, but every new version will be set to reject connections to earlier versions.
This will be OK because these are just fake test coins. Mining will remain unaffected at the pool except for the minute or so when I switch out daemon.

I am going to throw everything I got at the pool for a few hours to see what happens. I will set up the semi-closed loop test tomorrow. Once running smooth I should be able to dial the speed in relativity quickly.

Also , how many have tried the old wallet recovery system? All you need to do is put a copy of your old KED wallet.file in the place of the new one that gets created during install.

The client will detect it is the old version wallet, salvage the keys and create a new version wallet with them. You should then have the same amount of KED as you did on the old chain with that old wallet file.

I need feedback on how that is working in the field.

On a less technical note, I was under the impression the Scifi and Unfocus (and myself) wanted to get some excitement and hoopla going with the Relaunch.

I will admit that I haven't been as active in the community since taking on the development of the relaunch client/daemon, but I have been putting in many hours as the sole developer of the relaunch. Unfous and Scifi have their projects going for the scifi community including the Scifi exchange, website, wikki....etc. There is much work to be done and that is how we decided to divide it up.
so that is where it stands. More news as it comes.   Smiley

Scooby903

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:50:16 AM

Pointing my other card at it now...

Haven't updated my client as I got a new laptop and haven't transferred anything over to it yet, but I'll give it a go soon. 

Shouldn't be too difficult...I've updated clients before and it's usually pretty simple, don't know why everyone freaks out, lol
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 08:14:12 AM

The KED wallet dressing is so yummy, I can't wait for the re-launch!!

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
darkzorger

Activity: 302
Merit: 251

Ego Sum Qui Sum

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:20:49 PM

what about UFC?

[    ] 
  POW/POS
  ANONIMITY
TRANSACTIONS
  SECURITY

STEEP
& CHEAP
steepcoinproject@gmail.com
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 04:30:11 PM

what about UFC?

UFC is stable, except for the fact that the wallet hogs CPU for POS mining. There is a newer UFC client that limits the CPU usage to 1 core.

We should polish UFC as well, but let's get this targ out of the way first.

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
dreamwatcher
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 01:08:17 AM

DARSEK PHASE 2 TESTING IS OVER....THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED.

I was able to get the POW difficulty algo dialed in and responsive to the large hash differences a young coin like this can experience.

A couple of last minute tiny non-critical bugs, A few hours of local-closed loop POS testing (So can time-warp by setting systems dates to the future time and see how the POS works with the new changes).

A few more cosmetic improvements..and Darsek will be ready for release.

Over the weekend would be great, but I think we should take advantage of this relaunch to drum up interest in the Scifi coin family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: