Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:29:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 181 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tactics When Market is Falling  (Read 17171 times)
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:36:51 PM

I can understand your worries. But I suggest you to look at the previous years prices and compare the prices long term. Crypto currencies are prompt to have such big fluctuations.
mjnick01

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:09:36 PM

Most of the stocks that have become undervalued are those that have been ignored by the market for some time because they have small float for trading or hardly followed by analysts.
BDO Leasing and Finance (BLFI) is one example of value investing. This stock has been trading below its book value with average P/BV ratio of 0.92x for the past five years while earnings have consistently grown by an average of 16 percent per year. This year, BLFI has captured the interest of investors and its share price has gained 70 percent to date that is almost double its book value.
eddysachs

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:15:11 PM

It is very important to have a plan before investing so you can always have targets and response actions. If you are investing for the long term then you should have done your due diligence to trust your investment and hold on no matter the turbulent state of the market, if it is for short term then you should have tolerant losses below which if the market goes below you sell off immediately. It is simply a question of intent what action plan you choose to take.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:16:08 PM

I can understand your worries. But I suggest you to look at the previous years prices and compare the prices long term. Crypto currencies are prompt to have such big fluctuations.
But looking at historical charts and price movements won't gaurentee future price movements but one can take reference to predict the future. Sometimes markets won't recover at all from a crash for example japanese stock markets which are not at all recovering after a big crash. Likewise Crypto might also not recover if it crashed too hard for years. Everything is backed up by faith only.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
StarLawl

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:23:03 PM

In my opinion - during the loss. You always need to reevaluate your coins - and selling with a loss is only a loss as long as you sell it for less eth or satoshi than you bought it for. I will revaluate my losses now, why is someone causing bigger loss than others? Is this because they are not delivering? Always check on your coins status of roadmap, customer base, and "switch alts in the dip" if you se that others are advancing. I have such a coin I wish to sell -I am just waiting for the right time.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1637983)
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:27:26 PM

When market is failing, all you have to do is wait until when the cheapest value of a certain coin you want to invest occurs. You have to buy this coin at a very cheap price, enough for your bag to be full. And when the market gains back it's normal form, then it's time for you to wait for the time when your token rises high and sell it to earn profit.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Nukleo

Activity: 425
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:34:45 PM

It is most appropriate not to succumb to the general negative sentiments and maintain the position.
RonJohannson

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:42:46 PM

I would say that before you invest, set parameters such as how much you are willing to lose, how long you want to invest for, and what is your ultimate earnings goal. 

If you're in it for the long haul and have money to spend, and are a believer in the coins you own, then buy the dips.  If your'e daytrading then train yourself how to look for various technical patters and trade accordingly, with some short term and medium term profitability goals in mind.  The old saying is that $500 per day keeps a real job away, so aim for that and see how you do.  You'll learn to get better over time. 

It's hard to watch the price go down, but it can be less hard if you are viewing it in the context of an overall plan you have created for yourself. 
uzurik

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:51:12 PM

I'm thinking not to sell for sure! During the fall of the market, I usually buy and not sell!
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:01:01 PM

If you missed the moment to get out to USDT you need not to do anything and stay calm. But if you are experienced enough you need to hedge your funds with USDT/fiat at highs.

fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:06:10 PM

If you missed the moment to get out to USDT you need not to do anything and stay calm. But if you are experienced enough you need to hedge your funds with USDT/fiat at highs.

Calling the highs is the tricky bit. I usually sell at the bottom and it has served me well Wink. Hold of course is the best strategy but with the gains this year, hedging is also good to allow you to get some sleep and not having to check the price every hour
Chefironside

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:14:19 PM

if the market is deep you can buy ico cheaper. I also try to buy whenever I get a lot of eth or btc for dollars.
then I can buy ico token cheaper on the day.   Grin
lovela

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:18:52 PM

Investing in crypto takes a lot of courage and bravery especially if you invested a relatively huge amount. But mostly those bravery will be tested in times like this. Sometimes panic is good depwmpnding the performance of your coins. The only thing I call it success when I sell them with no doubt and hesitations. So my tactic is hold, buy more and hold, wait till it pumps and sell.

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:25:21 PM

You are right that its a good strategy to just hold but what's more better is to buy now specially all tokens are dumping and all coins are dumping. Its a good stock marketing strategy that is even applied on a real stock market.

cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 05:26:02 PM

When it is falling, a lot of people will ask you to buy or to hold, but you should look for the reasons why the price is falling, if its caused by usual correction then holding or buying is already correct, but if you found something suspicious, like the coin developer want to scammed people or there are weakness in the coin, then you should sell, investing in alt coin need patience and need a strong mind

I think I have to go with your opinion and advice because it one of the best I have seen so far. You actually need a strong and calculative mind to invest your money in cryptocurrencies. Taking time to study the crypto market is first step to success in this business.

HOMT