Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:37:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats  (Read 11675 times)
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:16:18 AM

Thanks for sharing the info Vosk!

Should I pull the trigger on a A3 for 5.5k?

No this coin will be gutted by the A3  and crash and burn.

Why do you think that? Litecoin and Dash made pretty big price moves within 0-2 months after the L3+ and D3 -- not arguing just want to start some discussion because logically I see SIA blowing up here. . in a bad way lol however crypto never seems to make sense and if that's the case the coin will moon? xD

why ? do you really need to ask why .....NO i 'm not being a smart ass either .. some have all ready said why in the post ...

I would sell them fast before the coins DEv blocks it if it's not to late to .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jchi2210

Activity: 442
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:22:59 AM

UPDATE 24 hour profits w/ Bitmain Antminer A3 ($350/day)

https://youtu.be/aII0FfKsU5U

Vosk do you plan on holding these coins or dumping them on Bittrex? I got mine hooked up earlier and will have my second A3 in tomorrow. Just wondering which would be the best route.

Halo Platform is one of the fastest Blockchains I've seen yet. They have FREE transactions. 250 Millisecond Block speeds. Smart contracts, Masternodes, blockchain games, and their own high speed DEX with BTC/ETH/USDC pairs. Similar to ETH, Waves, EOS, and more yet with only $1 million mcap. This video showcases the speed and reliability of the blockchain using the DEX, Masternodes (that will soon payout in BTC and ETH), blockchain games, and more! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74d3ixX7E8&feature=youtu.be
Fonzz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:51:56 AM

https://i.imgur.com/PwUQVKdl.png

Thanks for sharing the updates and experiences! As SIA supporter and (since yesterday, former) SIA GPU miner I'm very interested in seeing the changes of the network.

https://imgur.com/a/cyJQI

senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:20:10 AM

Support me on the decred redit. Let's push the decred community to soft fork to defend itself against the obelisk dcr1 miner. The SIA development team have proven themselves untrustworthy. Who knows what they will do with all that decred asic hardware?! They will probably 51% attack the network! I heard that they sold 1 million miners!

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/7st4fw/obelisk_51_attack_is_coming/

VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:17:52 AM

Thanks for sharing the updates and experiences! As SIA supporter and (since yesterday, former) SIA GPU miner I'm very interested in seeing the changes of the network.

Ah that chart is wild... and gladly man thanks for taking the time to drop a reply! I’ll post another update in a couple days I’ve been face deep in too much SIAcoin lately lol

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
geekcryptogal

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:22:31 AM
Merited by Nivir (1)

Watching the progress of your A3 Vosk.  ASIC hardware is all new to me, as I just learned about crypotocurrency mining just only a month ago.   I have a 5 x GPU rig running now on Nicehash.  Modest profits each day for a $3500 investment.  At current rates I hope to ROI in 7 months.   It's nuts you can ROI in like less than two weeks with that beast! I hope you can ROI quick enough to pay the thing off before a fork renders it much less profitable.   If I had known about ASIC mining a few weeks ago, I would of paid $2400 for the A3 miner and risked it Tongue. IT's too late to get into it now I think.  Everyone will be a week ahead and it might not even pay itself off.. especially if they "fork".. Wow I have a lot of catching up to do, history to read about.. how blockchain actually works and about forks and what not!

I wonder if the hardware is basically the same and htey just make a few proprietary/secret firmware changes to make it work with a different coin.  WOuld be cool if someone reversed engineered their older ones and were able to make them work efficiently with other ASIC coins that haven't been saturated or the process of being saturated like siacoin.

All this is so new to me so sorry if I just said anything that wasn't accurate or didn't make sense Smiley
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:28:30 AM

Yep can't wait till Sia forks.  Bitmain does whatever the hell they want for there own self interest without talking to the community , Sia should do whatever the hell they want also that's in their best interest without the need to discuss to the community.  , They should have just forked it before the A3 bricks arrived.
then they should brick their asic miners too?

if they are "decentralized" they cant just fork because bitmain crashed their party imo

Your point is valid on a zoomed in viewpoint. All miners should freely compete for coin to mine.

I would argue that in the bigger picture Sia is doing their job by breaking up centralized asic mining. So allowing their obelisk to stand a chance to enter asic competition, Sia forking is nessary to support more decentralized asic manufacturing and jobs right in the USA.

Decentralized miners don't mine on large pools. It's healthy to  break up the big pools

If your a true decentralized miner you should think about Supporting the fork. If your in it only for the cash. Keep on buying bitmain and support their toxic centralized asic ecosystem. I know I will and never proud of it. But they are the only game in town unfortunately.

Enjoy your $500 a day mining profits. You earned it and really supported hard working  Sia devs(cough bitmain). As for the Sc1 folks they will enjoy their bricks and what's left. The rich will get richer with centralized asic mining

What???  The SIA devs promoted the nonsensical view that ASIC mining would be great for their coin, and healthy, and double-plus good.  In what alternate universe could you ever think that you, and you alone, would be the only possible developer to come out with an ASIC miner?  SIA wants centralized ASIC mining, only they want to be in control.  Bitmain beat them to the punch, end of story.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:34:22 AM

Watching the progress of your A3 Vosk.  ASIC hardware is all new to me, as I just learned about crypotocurrency mining just only a month ago.   I have a 5 x GPU rig running now on Nicehash.  Modest profits each day for a $3500 investment.  At current rates I hope to ROI in 7 months.   It's nuts you can ROI in like less than two weeks with that beast! I hope you can ROI quick enough to pay the thing off before a fork renders it much less profitable.   If I had known about ASIC mining a few weeks ago, I would of paid $2400 for the A3 miner and risked it Tongue. IT's too late to get into it now I think.  Everyone will be a week ahead and it might not even pay itself off.. especially if they "fork".. Wow I have a lot of catching up to do, history to read about.. how blockchain actually works and about forks and what not!

I wonder if the hardware is basically the same and htey just make a few proprietary/secret firmware changes to make it work with a different coin.  WOuld be cool if someone reversed engineered their older ones and were able to make them work efficiently with other ASIC coins that haven't been saturated or the process of being saturated like siacoin.

All this is so new to me so sorry if I just said anything that wasn't accurate or didn't make sense Smiley

Are you mining ethereum with that 7 months roi? Got very high electricity rate in my place but 5 months is doable.

Following this thread with interest. I'm salivating with those returns. Shocked
geekcryptogal

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:38:18 AM

Are you mining ethereum with that 7 months roi? Got very high electricity rate in my place but 5 months is doable.

Following this thread with interest. I'm salivating with those returns. Shocked

Yeah with my 5 card rig (1070 TI) nicehash is paying me about 1.6 to 1.7 mBTC per day -- nicehash mines whatever is most profitable at the time, autoswitching.. but often does neoscrypt.  It was at 1.8 mBTC per day the other day, but I don't know if the reason why it's less now is due to the fact I lowered max power in MSI Afterburner from 100% to 85% (to help preserve card life).  My electrcity rate is affordable at $0.081 cents per kWh.   I would love to ROI in 5 months if I could.  The rig cost me $3700 for everything including spare SSD and backup USB drive.
Darknicks

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:44:39 AM

You A3 owners are lucky this time.  Buttmain didn't mine the hell out of A3 for months  before shipping the A3. They finally tossed you the bone to make up for D3 and to send a death threat to the Sia asic devs.  But dont' expect Buttmain to be as generous next time. 

Actually, that's the new standard now. They're shipping within 10 days instead of 1~2 months like they used to. Check the last batch of the L3+ they posted. They shipped them within 10 days as well
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:44:58 AM

Yep can't wait till Sia forks.  Bitmain does whatever the hell they want for there own self interest without talking to the community , Sia should do whatever the hell they want also that's in their best interest without the need to discuss to the community.  , They should have just forked it before the A3 bricks arrived.

if they are "decentralized" they cant just fork because bitmain crashed their party imo

Your point is valid on a zoomed in viewpoint. All miners should freely compete for coin to mine.

I would argue that in the bigger picture Sia is doing their job by breaking up centralized asic mining. So allowing their obelisk to stand a chance to enter asic competition, Sia forking is nessary to support more decentralized asic manufacturing and jobs right in the USA.

Decentralized miners don't mine on large pools. It's healthy to  break up the big pools

If your a true decentralized miner you should think about Supporting the fork. If your in it only for the cash. Keep on buying bitmain and support their toxic centralized asic ecosystem. I know I will and never proud of it. But they are the only game in town unfortunately.

Enjoy your $500 a day mining profits. You earned it and really supported hard working  Sia devs(cough bitmain). As for the Sc1 folks they will enjoy their bricks and what's left. The rich will get richer with centralized asic mining

What???  The SIA devs promoted the nonsensical view that ASIC mining would be great for their coin, and healthy, and double-plus good.  In what alternate universe could you ever think that you, and you alone, would be the only possible developer to come out with an ASIC miner?  SIA wants centralized ASIC mining, only they want to be in control.  Bitmain beat them to the punch, end of story.

Sia short term centralized ASIC mining is a needed in order to make ASIC manufacturing decentralized.  
MiningDoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:48:31 AM

This type of thinking is what will limit Siacoin growth.  Don't you want Siacoin in as many hands as possible to be as widely distributed as possible, to grow as much as possible?  Think of how many people this brought to the Siacoin community.  Think of the stabilization and decentralization this brings to the coin.

If the devs fork the coin to brick the A3's, it's only out of spite because Bitmain beat them to market with an ASIC.  It's a bit hypocritical to say you don't want an ASIC mining the coin right now when the devs are soon to release their own ASIC to mine the coin.  Makes no sense if you want a decentralized coin.  If they fork it to resist the A3, then isn't it becomming a centralized/controlled coin?  I think that's the opposite of what they want it to be.

Pokercoin.net – The Future of Poker! Welcome to the 1st cryptocurrency which is created for pokerplayers!
Join Now and Start Playing Online Poker on the first platform accepting Pokercoin!
 || Website || Poker || Bounty || Twitter || Facebook ||
R0mi

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:51:58 AM

Sia short term centralized ASIC mining is a needed in order to make ASIC manufacturing decentralized.  

Sure.  Keep telling yourself that.  By the way, if you really want to support the SIA project, why didn't you set up a boatload of storage space and offer to rent it out at incredibly below market prices?

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
MiningDoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:54:17 AM

Hmm, to make ASIC manufacturing decentralized, maybe all we need is for other companies to get their shit together, pay qualified chip developers and manufactures, and get them turned out.  There are multiple ASIC manufactures out there currently, Bitmain just happens to be the one that has the R&D and manufacturing process streamlined to make it happen.  As shitty as their support and quality control may be, you at least have to acknowledge that they can bring a product to market.

A developer forking a coin just to promote their own ASIC has nothing to do with creating decentralized ASIC manufacturing or creating a decentralized coin.  If anything they are trying to control the whole market (mining and coin) solely for maximum profit to their business, not for the miners mining the coin.

Pokercoin.net – The Future of Poker! Welcome to the 1st cryptocurrency which is created for pokerplayers!
Join Now and Start Playing Online Poker on the first platform accepting Pokercoin!
 || Website || Poker || Bounty || Twitter || Facebook ||
lunobird

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:05:26 AM

This type of thinking is what will limit Siacoin growth.  Don't you want Siacoin in as many hands as possible to be as widely distributed as possible, to grow as much as possible?  Think of how many people this brought to the Siacoin community.  Think of the stabilization and decentralization this brings to the coin.

If the devs fork the coin to brick the A3's, it's only out of spite because Bitmain beat them to market with an ASIC.  It's a bit hypocritical to say you don't want an ASIC mining the coin right now when the devs are soon to release their own ASIC to mine the coin.  Makes no sense if you want a decentralized coin.  If they fork it to resist the A3, then isn't it becomming a centralized/controlled coin?  I think that's the opposite of what they want it to be.

Bitmain has centralized farms/pools for bitcoin, litecoin, dash, and now Sia.  Enough is enough already. Open your faking eyes

Sia's decision to break this monopoly is a good thing and shame on you wannabe decentralized miners for not supporting the Devs for fighting against Bitmain dominance.

Sia has to Fork and control the Sia coin to fend off aggressive Bitmain.  If it takes some coin centralization to do this then so be it.

If you don't support Sia Dev's don't mine their coin!  

R0mi

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:21:06 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 05:33:04 AM by R0mi

Bitmain has centralized farms/pools for bitcoin, litecoin, dash, and now Sia.  Enough is enough already. Open your faking eyes

Sia's decision to break this monopoly is a good thing and shame on you wannabe decentralized miners for not supporting the Devs for fighting against Bitmain dominance.

Sia has to Fork and control the Sia coin to fend off aggressive Bitmain.  If it takes some coin centralization to do this then so be it.

I support the overall project's goals, and have for some time.  But this latest bit is sheer lunacy on the part of the SIA dev team.  If SIA intended to break a so-called monopoly, it should have brought a better product to market much faster than Bitmain.  It did not.  Whose fault is that?  Either they were intelligent enough to foresee the risks involved with bringing their own ASIC to market and they took a gamble, or they are incredibly short-sighted and out of touch.  There is no good explanation for, no positive way to spin, their reaction to Bitmain.

I've wondered for some time whether SIA would take off or not.  I mean, if you look at total available space to rent vs. actually rented space, there is an apparent problem with getting the word out about what their project is about and what it can do.  How about focusing on that aspect instead of bitching that because you are an also-ran ASIC designer, that must mean that competition is not fair?

Edit:  And consider this -- no one forced the SIA team to publicly announce, months before they had a product ready to ship, that they would be coming out with an ASIC miner.  If they wanted to surprise Bitmain and own this corner of the market, they should have kept their mouths sealed shut until they had product ready to ship out.

Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:42:56 AM

[/quote]

I support the overall project's goals, and have for some time.  But this latest bit is sheer lunacy on the part of the SIA dev team.  If SIA intended to break a so-called monopoly, it should have brought a better product to market much faster than Bitmain.  It did not.  Whose fault is that?  Either they were intelligent enough to foresee the risks involved with bringing their own ASIC to market and they took a gamble, or they are incredibly short-sighted and out of touch.  There is no good explanation for, no positive way to spin, their reaction to Bitmain.

I've wondered for some time whether SIA would take off or not.  I mean, if you look at total available space to rent vs. actually rented space, there is an apparent problem with getting the word out about what their project is about and what it can do.  How about focusing on that aspect instead of bitching that because you are an also-ran ASIC designer, that must mean that competition is not fair?

Edit:  And consider this -- no one forced the SIA team to publicly announce, months before they had a product ready to ship, that they would be coming out with an ASIC miner.  If they wanted to surprise Bitmain and own this corner of the market, they should have kept their mouths sealed shut until they had product ready to ship out.
[/quote]

Yep.  You can't do it all.  Either you focus on building out your platform and gaining adoption or you rapidly bring an exceptional ASIC to market.... you cant do them both with such a small team.  SIA never should have entered the ASIC market, it is an entirely different animal.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:12:50 AM
Merited by R0mi (7)

Ya, sorry. I guess next time I'll pre-order at $2000/btc so I can sit back and watch btc go up 10x and lose out on it. I mean, sure, giving someone your money to do development with and then sit on your hands for 10 months waiting is great. Who the fuck would want their miner in 10 days? That's just fucking crazy. Is there anyone here who would like to hold my money for 10 months? Any takers?

SIA's response to this shows their true colors. They're no better than bitmain. Just look at the doublethink they spew all over reddit. They constantly post bullshit saying 2 different things at the same time sometimes even in the same damn sentence. I will never support their project again, and I will take my enterprise customers back to S3 and GCS. They're raging out and mad they lost their race to market.

Hey, at least their network is 'secured' now. Because apparently asic is the only way to 'secure' it. I told them they were full of shit when they wanted to make asics back in July. Hey, I'm just senseless. NOW EVERYONE GO PRE-ORDER SOME MORE SHIT!

I like how they self-imposed arbitrary rules on bitmain like they're lords of the universe. "Bitmain didnt say how many they sold", "Bitmain didnt say they were making it", "Bitmain didnt bla bla bla". Their devs are on reddit crying worse than my 5 year old after getting smacked in the face with a ball today. It's like they've never been in business  before. Ever.

Tekno2020

Activity: 262
Merit: 11

<<<-----( )----->>>

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:43:26 AM

Ya, sorry. I guess next time I'll pre-order at $2000/btc so I can sit back and watch btc go up 10x and lose out on it. I mean, sure, giving someone your money to do development with and then sit on your hands for 10 months waiting is great. Who the fuck would want their miner in 10 days? That's just fucking crazy. Is there anyone here who would like to hold my money for 10 months? Any takers?

SIA's response to this shows their true colors. They're no better than bitmain. Just look at the doublethink they spew all over reddit. They constantly post bullshit saying 2 different things at the same time sometimes even in the same damn sentence. I will never support their project again, and I will take my enterprise customers back to S3 and GCS. They're raging out and mad they lost their race to market.

Hey, at least their network is 'secured' now. Because apparently asic is the only way to 'secure' it. I told them they were full of shit when they wanted to make asics back in July. Hey, I'm just senseless. NOW EVERYONE GO PRE-ORDER SOME MORE SHIT!

I like how they self-imposed arbitrary rules on bitmain like they're lords of the universe. "Bitmain didnt say how many they sold", "Bitmain didnt say they were making it", "Bitmain didnt bla bla bla". Their devs are on reddit crying worse than my 5 year old after getting smacked in the face with a ball today. It's like they've never been in business  before. Ever.

This SIA team is a bunch of amatuers.  I almost think the coin/project would be better off with a more seasoned core dev/mgmt team in place. Not a bunch of friggin idealistic kids who want to publish manifestos and memorandums of principles, whitepapers, etc.  How about profits.  If you are not exceptional at what you are doing, then someone else will eat your lunch.

Bitmain is very kind compared to the competition they will be facing in the future.  Do they really think that cloud storage titans like Google, Amazon, Microsft will just let SIA waltz in and drive them out of the business?  These kids better wise up and quick.

~The Annointed One~ 
btc: 31pDmi6PDdHFUT51MTzJNYacxYMZp2bi58
ltc: MGnitxNo2qZNgb2biahDguxMZuCbGPQQ84
lunobird

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:15:07 AM

You A3 owners are a bunch of A holes talkin trash to the Sia Devs.  And yet you mine their coins you greedy bastards

I demand a hard fork instead.  Polarized mining community we have here.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: