Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats  (Read 11674 times)
tummymumma

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:47:07 AM

You A3 owners are a bunch of A holes talkin trash to the Sia Devs.  And yet you mine their coins you greedy bastards

I demand a hard fork instead.  Polarized mining community we have here.

Hey "Lunobird," I was over on the SIA reddit today and I was reading that signed letter where certain people advocate for a fork.  And what do you know?  Your name shows up and next to your name is the title "investor."

Did someone forge your support for the hard fork on that letter, or is that "Lunobird" also you?  Which is it?

And if you are an "investor" in SIA, doesn't that conflict you as much as any person who invested in an A3?  I mean, if you are an "investor" in SIA, I take it that means, among other things, that you hope to make a buck?  No?

Here is a thought experiment for you and every other person who has posted on Reddit over the past two days:

Imagine SIA gains real traction, which I hope it does, and SIA begins to nibble into Amazon's cloud storage services.  Just enough to, say, land on the radar of Mr. Bezos.

Questions:

1.  Do you think Mr. Bezos will be consulting with Team SIA 60+ days in advance prior to making any business decision affecting Amazon's cloud storage services?

2.  Do you imagine Mr. Bezos will have a moment of clarity in which he announces to the world, 'You know what?  Patents *are* evil, and from this moment forward, I shall freely cross license every single patent Amazon holds in relation to cloud storage to the SIA team.  My public shareholders and their pesky lawsuits be damned.'

3.  Do you think that Mr. Bezos will publish in real time his cost structure, profits, Amazon's current 500 largest cloud customers, total available capacity, percentage of used capacity, and other business sensitive information so that SIA and every other would-be competitor can take advantage of that?  OR, do you think the SIA team will have to hire someone who knows what SEC EDGAR is all about, and that person or persons will have dig through hundreds of pages of public SEC filings to figure these things out on their own?

4.  Do you think that Bezos will start releasing Amazon quarterly reports at, oh, 5 p.m. Beijing time instead of 5 p.m. Eastern Time?

Yes, Amazon will call and ask if their next product will affect the profitability of the obelisk #2.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fonzz

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:29:57 AM

Funny how I have mined SIA for a year, then somebody just makes the same in a week or so x)

Similar feeling here  Shocked Tongue
The Yorkshire Pudd

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:22:25 AM

Why are people getting so saltly of Bitmain Asics?

The Asics literally support the network.
If you were mining Sia with GPU it must have been more for support than profit - because you could have been mining a more profitable coin and then simply buying more sia with that profit that what you were earning by simply mining. GPUS have the agility to mine different coins - take advantage of your hardware.

When it comes to the obelisk who actually pre-orders asics anymore? Have you not learned from the many many cases where pre-orders either disappeared, got delayed by months or another competitor beat them to the punch?

Tough lessons to be learned in crypto but to get salty about it and blame a company for releasing a product on an open market just spouts your disgust in yourself for falling for such pitfalls.

Historically whatever coin Bitmain launch an ASIC for the price has increased pretty damn well over the next year.

For those saying these new ASIC miners are tanking the price please open your eyes - we have been in a bear market since before XMAS, nearly every coin is getting tanked hard.
Hank Scorpio

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:06:00 PM

how can they be upset that a company made a miner to mine the coin that are developing  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

don't they, um, understand that literally exactly how this whole thing works?

Yes, that is the point. They should be happy to obtain massive support from ASIC miners. But it comes that Bitmain surprised everyone launching the ASIC before SiaTech, and they are angry about that because it spoiled their SC1.

xpzycox

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

🎖️ DeepOnion 🎖️

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:37:34 PM

Just got one and plugged it in last night, after running for around 12 hours I have mined roughly ~2250 SC coins.  I've since changed the frequency a bit and will see updated results... im hashing around 860gh/s average now, and myminerapp says my approximate income should be around 4500 SC coin/day at this time and point.

We will see what happens with the coming weeks.. I dont see it changing too much as most of who already order an A3 already has it up and running.  Once the next batches are made and Obliesks, and HalongMining come out with their machines thats when the real difference in network hashrate will be noticed.

Batch 1 shouldn't see that much more of a dip than it has already gone to...I guarantee almost all A3's shipped out are already up and running at this moment.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    OWN YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Own ONION  (✔Exchanges  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Rody81

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:49:00 PM

Just got one and plugged it in last night, after running for around 12 hours I have mined roughly ~2250 SC coins.  I've since changed the frequency a bit and will see updated results... im hashing around 860gh/s average now, and myminerapp says my approximate income should be around 4500 SC coin/day at this time and point.

We will see what happens with the coming weeks.. I dont see it changing too much as most of who already order an A3 already has it up and running.  Once the next batches are made and Obliesks, and HalongMining come out with their machines thats when the real difference in network hashrate will be noticed.

Batch 1 shouldn't see that much more of a dip than it has already gone to...I guarantee almost all A3's shipped out are already up and running at this moment.

I disagree,  there are many machines that are boxed up and waiting to be sold on the second market.  Just look at all the ebay and cragslist posts.  There are resellers who have a bunch of these machines.  Also there are many people who have not received theirs yet.  Mine just came in this morning and I haven't plugged it in because I am waiting for my APW3++ to be ready for pickup at fedex some time today.  So there are still many machines that were sold but have yet to be put to mining.
bitcoinexplorer

Merit: 255

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:02:39 PM

I am selling Antminer A3 , if anyone interest let me know, its brand new unit. Thanks.
xpzycox

Merit: 110

🎖️ DeepOnion 🎖️

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:10:36 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 05:00:12 PM by xpzycox

I disagree,  there are many machines that are boxed up and waiting to be sold on the second market.  Just look at all the ebay and cragslist posts.  There are resellers who have a bunch of these machines.  Also there are many people who have not received theirs yet.  Mine just came in this morning and I haven't plugged it in because I am waiting for my APW3++ to be ready for pickup at fedex some time today.  So there are still many machines that were sold but have yet to be put to mining.

I think we're both partially right. I questioned reselling mine directly away on ebay as I saw they were going for near 8000$... But at the cost of electricity and all I can make well over that well say in 4-5 months TOPS given as of right now it says ill make 5200/month.. but knowing that will go down I think in the long run it will be better to have not just instaflipped the machine like some are doing.

Aside from everything people relate these to the D3 and call them expensive hairdryers now... When the D3 was first announced and released DASH was only sitting around 200$. With the EXPLOSION of the network hashrate and the focus of mining now towards dash, where the network rate is still INSANE compared to before the d3, the price of the coin followed along with the mining shift to DASH, regardless of the heightened network hash rate early D3 adopters made out with killings...

When people start pouring hundreds of thetas into SIA network... Just watch the price... Smiley

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    OWN YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Own ONION  (✔Exchanges  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 03:26:09 AM

Latest and final really video update on the Bitmain Antminer A3 w/ Overclocking + profits + estimated units sold + siacoin forking announcement

https://youtu.be/WlWEc9CxpBg

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Joy-Energiser

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:58:05 AM

One more gpu coin that was killed by asics, business as usual and trolls think gpu mining will be forever, keep dreaming while you can trolls hehe

I like what bitmain is doing though, it will teach the siacoin devs a lesson, they need a hard spank.

why did the sia devs need a hard spank ?
tothanhtuan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:22:07 AM

You dreaming  Grin I dont think it possible to earn $500 a day, the diff will go up each day so basically impossible
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 01:15:46 PM

You dreaming  Grin I dont think it possible to earn $500 a day, the diff will go up each day so basically impossible
Came pretty close Day one Wink last night it was $125 today... surely less!

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
ThugB33

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:42:30 PM

We won't even hit ROI in two or three months. Sad
geekcryptogal

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:51:21 PM

Last I checked Vosk was at $98 per day.  And you've earned about $1000 (in siacoin) of the $2400 investment? 

I have a question, does Bitmain have a huge amount of these miners they keep themselves and mine along with their customers?  Seems like they'd hit the pools the first few days at least.

This has been a great thread, for learning about all this.  I see how risky this investment can be and if you are going to chance it next round, to make sure you order on the first day and get it running within a few hours of receiving it.  I feel bad for any people that might of received a defective unit or have troubles setting it up.  Seems like there would be a lot of excitement and tension for this type of investment.

Thanks for sharing.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:24:57 PM

Long term no, but folks that got their units EARLY for the first day or perhaps two?

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
No.15

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:39:46 PM

for once I am glad something was sold out when I looked.  By the time I would have got this I am sure the roi would have killed me Smiley
lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:26:58 PM

Sia coin Devs are also going to support development where mining is a service and not a reward.  That way there is less tension between asic miners and trying to be the first one in reaping all the benefits.

https://blog.sia.tech/response-to-the-sia-community-and-bitmain-653a12284098

Overall the Sia Devs are doing their best to support the Sia community.  We should do our best to support them back
tummymumma

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:43:58 PM

Sia coin Devs are also going to support development where mining is a service and not a reward.  That way there is less tension between asic miners and trying to be the first one in reaping all the benefits.

https://blog.sia.tech/response-to-the-sia-community-and-bitmain-653a12284098

Overall the Sia Devs are doing their best to support the Sia community.  We should do our best to support them back

That was an excellent response.   I completely support that response and that is the way it should be handled.  I'm glad they got back on track.
eth4lyfe

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 11:50:12 PM

People are buying these for over $5k on eBay  Huh What are your thoughts on that?
geekcryptogal

Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:04:41 AM

I hope they continue to get at least $20 per day of siacoin and that siacoin appreciates in value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: