Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:01:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer A3 earning $500 a day mining SIAcoin . .WHAT?! Results & Stats  (Read 11681 times)
rummy

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:27:07 PM

thats weird cause im overclocked at 625 and my pcb temps are in 50's and 70's for chip also in a garage

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlvinM

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:50:22 PM

Anybody knows if underclocking void tne warranty ?
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:18:26 PM

Have spent quite a bit of time with mine, I've gone through the whole unit software / hardware wise and made quite a few hardware notes that ill curate and share at a later date.

Voltage control is whack on these, needs custom firmware. Over the past few days of testing i was getting the following.

600mhz, 80C, 10K+ HW errors
581mhz, 55C, 5 HW errors
575mhz, 70C, 7K+ HW errors

How reducing clock speed results in more heat + HW errors is beyond me unless there are serious voltage calculation issues with these things. Also the CPU on the control board is running near full tilt just to keep up with the UART activity on the hashing boards. So even the simple act of refreshing the web page can give you HW errors. These aren't real errors, but just the control board lagging behind.

Also these are identical to the D3 in almost every way. pic firmware, eeprom images, etc... are all identical. The only thing that sets this apart from a D3 is the ASIC's, but considering it has all the same issues that the D3 had it makes me wonder if bitmain has come up with a more universal ASIC chip that can be reconfigured. There are JTAG headers on the hash boards, so who knows?

No, they just use fairly universal controllers and control software, with minimal changes to suit the different algorithm.
 I suspect their software for the D3 L3 and A3 all derived from some generation of their S9 software, and goes back at least as far as the S5 in the chain or direct ancestery.

Their hardware configuration seems to have been set by the S5+/S7 for all their recent miners, VERY minimal changes.

I don't see any reason why UNDERclocking would void the warranty.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
SIN3R6Y

Activity: 22
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:51:09 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 10:03:42 PM by SIN3R6Y
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Have spent quite a bit of time with mine, I've gone through the whole unit software / hardware wise and made quite a few hardware notes that ill curate and share at a later date.

Voltage control is whack on these, needs custom firmware. Over the past few days of testing i was getting the following.

600mhz, 80C, 10K+ HW errors
581mhz, 55C, 5 HW errors
575mhz, 70C, 7K+ HW errors

How reducing clock speed results in more heat + HW errors is beyond me unless there are serious voltage calculation issues with these things. Also the CPU on the control board is running near full tilt just to keep up with the UART activity on the hashing boards. So even the simple act of refreshing the web page can give you HW errors. These aren't real errors, but just the control board lagging behind.

Also these are identical to the D3 in almost every way. pic firmware, eeprom images, etc... are all identical. The only thing that sets this apart from a D3 is the ASIC's, but considering it has all the same issues that the D3 had it makes me wonder if bitmain has come up with a more universal ASIC chip that can be reconfigured. There are JTAG headers on the hash boards, so who knows?

No, they just use fairly universal controllers and control software, with minimal changes to suit the different algorithm.
 I suspect their software for the D3 L3 and A3 all derived from some generation of their S9 software, and goes back at least as far as the S5 in the chain or direct ancestery.

Their hardware configuration seems to have been set by the S5+/S7 for all their recent miners, VERY minimal changes.

I don't see any reason why UNDERclocking would void the warranty.

Usually the eeprom's are different, L3/S9/D3 all have different eeprom content. Except the A3 and D3 share the same eeprom content. These eeproms are on the i2c bus and each hash board has one. No clue what the data is actually used for, but considering every miner has been different to this point except the D3/A3 suggest's they are more similar than bitmain would like us to believe.

Also, i traced out that header on the A3 board which all seems to connect to the PIC16F1704 chip.

1 = 14 = VSS
2 = 12 = RA1/ISCPCLK
3 = 13 = RA0/ISCPDAT
4 = 14 = VSS
5 = 1 = VDD
6 = 4 = Vpp/MCLRT/RA3

That basically makes it an ICSP header, which might be able to gather some useful information on the programming. Clearly it isn't locked as cgminer is able to flash this chip on startup if needed. Based on the code it looks like the PIC has a small boot loader program which initializes things, then waits to hear from the controller. Whether the controller actually has an ICSP connection to the PIC itself, or if the small loader program has the ability to read data over i2c for programming i don't know.

/bin/pic.txt has the pic microcode in it, but it may not contain that initial loader program.
ThugB33

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:05:51 AM

Gents,

you should two put your wisdom together on this with @blissz and comple a custom FW if that's only possible and output it with a dev fee ... we all will benefit especially if we could hit other "Blake" algos or X11's Smiley
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:11:44 PM

I can extrapolate the yield drop from my 2 580s rig.
before hard fork at block 139,000  1 sia per hour
right after  .5 sia per hour
now .2 sia per hour

Yield has dropped by 80% since the fork.

Now at .07 sia coin per hour, down 93% since 1/27. 2 or 3 days.
That's a lot of drop.
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 07:59:15 PM

Great review, thanks man
absolutely man thanks for checking it out Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:00:42 PM

now .2 sia per hour

That's a lot of drop.

You shouldn't be dual-mining this coin anymore.

Try either DCR or PASC. Just go to what-to-mine and see which is more profitable.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 09:36:01 PM

now .2 sia per hour

That's a lot of drop.

You shouldn't be dual-mining this coin anymore.

Try either DCR or PASC. Just go to what-to-mine and see which is more profitable.
baikal giant b mines both of those now too though, O_O asic invasion I warned people about this lol

ThugB33

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:10:21 PM

40$/day already Sad tomorrow 30.... will it stabilize on 20 or on 10??? If so then shitmain made a good move ... sold the hardware with minimal profit gain...
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:02:38 AM

40$/day already Sad tomorrow 30.... will it stabilize on 20 or on 10??? If so then shitmain made a good move ... sold the hardware with minimal profit gain...

I still dont have my A3s yet   Smiley Cry

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:05:21 AM

Considering the fact that Bitmain's apparently giving coupons to Obelisk buyers that could be used to purchase the A3, seems like the profitability on the A3s is going to continue to drop. It'll be the next D3 or worse.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:19:08 AM

And Bitmain just announced a second batch for sale via Emails.

Kiss them crazy-high first adopter profits bye-bye....

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:47:38 AM

i kissed them goodbye day 1 im not naive T_T it has held strong 40+ sc each hour all day though a bit of hope remains lol

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 03:47:51 AM

I still dont have my A3s yet   Smiley Cry

why such a delay thats awful O_O

MiningDoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:12:20 AM

I think they said the second batch wouldn't be shipping until march 15th in the email I got.

Pokercoin.net – The Future of Poker! Welcome to the 1st cryptocurrency which is created for pokerplayers!
Join Now and Start Playing Online Poker on the first platform accepting Pokercoin!
 || Website || Poker || Bounty || Twitter || Facebook ||
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:14:26 AM

I think they said the second batch wouldn't be shipping until march 15th in the email I got.
Correct, but sometimes they ship early, sometimes late. Current batch is not all up yet. And we don't know if they won't test them a little before shipping Smiley So there are quite a few uncertainties.
MiningDoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:17:36 AM

Don't they always "test" them Smiley  My guess is they have some hashing away at this moment....

Pokercoin.net – The Future of Poker! Welcome to the 1st cryptocurrency which is created for pokerplayers!
Join Now and Start Playing Online Poker on the first platform accepting Pokercoin!
 || Website || Poker || Bounty || Twitter || Facebook ||
bet101

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:54:37 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 12:17:42 PM by bet101

Antminer A3 is on the way to become another useless D3, 1 week ago the A3 would make you a whopping 19K USD a month, today it is at 1K.
The more A3's they create the more your earnings go with it, but antminer will always make a profit in the process.

I bought mine at 2230 USD, now they selling at 980USD!!!!  Huh

hannezorf

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:19:35 PM
Merited by khash4u (1)

Antminer A3 is on the way to become another useless D3, 1 week ago the A3 would make you a whopping 19K USD a month, today it is at 1K.
The more A3's they create the more your earnings go with it, but antminer will always make a profit in the process.

Yeah, that's what everybody predicted and that's what has to come when the difficulty is such low and so much hashpower is suddenly available in the network.

Sad for those who ordered and still did not get their miners. Me in Germany I guess if I ordered one it would have reached the customs now and in 2 weeks I would get a letter about the fact that there is something I need to pick up from the customs. Even If i paid the customs before there would be heavy delays.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: