Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:38:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You can buy KFC chicken by Bitcoin  (Read 1681 times)
paras20

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:53:28 AM

Recently, KFC Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments for a short period of time. However, Bitcoin can only be used to place orders online, and only to purchase a new item called "Bitcoin Bucket". And all this special deal will be handled by Bitpay, a fairly common Bitcoin trading tool. Its really interesting news, I wish that I can also buy chicken with Bitcoin in my coutry.  Roll Eyes
I don't think KFC has accepted bitcoin now here in the Philippines I don't hear any news like that but 7eleven accepted already
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:58:43 AM

This is both great and crazy. It is great that one of the largest fast food company in the world recognize Bitcoin, but come on who would spend bitcoin for a bucket of chicken specially with the fees right now. It is still better to use FIAT for small purchases. If Fees and latency will be fixed then this will be a great option.
ommochain

Activity: 121
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:59:52 AM

Its a very good news for all the consumers in Canada, I hope other fast food chain all over the world will follow accepting bitcoin as payment.

In fact, in Japan and South Korea, many convenience stores and merchants support the use of bitcoin for payment, but some countries such as China are more vulnerable to bitcoin
moetimas

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:06:50 AM

this is good in my opinion, means bitcoin has been increasingly utilized by the community, and I hope this can apply in every KFC around the world, so indirectly, the world will recognize bitcoin through KFC. I also hope this will apply in my country, but for now bitcoin is only allowed limited investment, and if found bitcoin used as a means of payment, then the person will deal with the police.
nevafade

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:07:18 AM

Yeah that's good news, but in selected branches in a particular country overseas but here in the Philippines, it is not yet implemented. So we'll wait and see for latest updates.
Erichallig

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:12:21 AM

im buying a kfc franchise with a bitcoin. that is the mch better story.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:14:43 AM

Recently, KFC Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments for a short period of time. However, Bitcoin can only be used to place orders online, and only to purchase a new item called "Bitcoin Bucket". And all this special deal will be handled by Bitpay, a fairly common Bitcoin trading tool. Its really interesting news, I wish that I can also buy chicken with Bitcoin in my coutry.  Roll Eyes
Although the total cost would be too high due to big transaction fees. Well, it still depends on the user if he/she would like to double the amount he will be paying though, unless it would have a free transaction then i would like to have one in my country also.

Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:15:12 AM

This is both great and crazy. It is great that one of the largest fast food company in the world recognize Bitcoin, but come on who would spend bitcoin for a bucket of chicken specially with the fees right now. It is still better to use FIAT for small purchases. If Fees and latency will be fixed then this will be a great option.
Exactly my thoughts. This is a double edged sword currently. The good thing as you said is that a huge brand like KFC accepting bitcoin as an alternative source of payment is a huge step forward for bitcoin, but the bad thing is that not many people would be willing to use bitcoin to pay due to the long transaction times and high transaction fees.

This is the primary reason why I encourage people to use segwit enabled wallets to help mitigate this problem to a certain extent. Also, the upcoming integration of the lightning network will also help solve this problem to an extent.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:25:32 AM

im buying a kfc franchise with a bitcoin. that is the mch better story.
Bitcoin is usefull. We can do anything with bitcoin. The previous year, I spent my long holiday with my lovely family by bitcoin Smiley
indog

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:45:03 AM

if I personally have never bought chicken in KFC with bitcoin, but I know that in my area there is no payment policy with bitcoin, but I also hope someday bitcoin can reach there, and all people know it all about it.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:23:49 AM

Recently, KFC Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments for a short period of time. However, Bitcoin can only be used to place orders online, and only to purchase a new item called "Bitcoin Bucket". And all this special deal will be handled by Bitpay, a fairly common Bitcoin trading tool. Its really interesting news, I wish that I can also buy chicken with Bitcoin in my coutry.  Roll Eyes

Hopefully all, maybe all the restaurants accept a fee thru bitcoin. It must better if that happens. Many of us bitcoin users are likewise like that. There are so many who like that. Hope others like jollibee, mcdonalds and other restaurants receive a fee from bitcoin. It is better if the bitcoin comes from paying for it to be harder to get rid of or for too much money to take place. Smiley It's better if they receive restaurant fees from bitcoin Smiley.
OcTA Bd

Activity: 278
Merit: 2

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:58:27 AM

WOw. Buying KFC product by Bitcoin. It's really a very amazing news. I am glad that the big companies started to take Bitcoin positively. I really thank KFC for such a good step. Actually it's a public demand. Bitcoin is becoming famous day by day. People wants transaction to be fast. Bitcoin gives people that supports. So in future many companies will take Bitcoin positively and most importantly they will apply Bitcoin in their transaction..

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
buhchain

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:02:24 AM

The news is great and I also want my country to accept bitcoin payments, but for the time being it should not be possible because my country did not accept bitcoin and it is still forbidden.
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:30:55 AM

reallyyy? now i can buy kfc with bitcoin  Grin
i wonder if the other franchise companies will follow kfc too.
megamanexe002

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:04:29 PM

for me why not? the only thing is that you have to change first the bitcoin to their own currency. if they accept it so you can buy now KFC chicken and not only that,maybe you can buy also some important things you like.
pastelbasah

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:59:04 PM

in your country receive payment with bitcoin, different from my country. in my country payment or transaction using bitcoin is not recommended because bitcoin is not a valid payment instrument.
of course this is good news and great hope if my country receives payment using bitcoin like your country.
sophiawhite

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:10:57 PM

haha just waiting on mcdonalds to do the same and I'll be happy.
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:12:07 PM

This is not very convenient. I can not buy Bitcoin Bucket and Pepsi paying for all bitcoin. And payment in two different ways for 1 order is problematic

alex_gr_cc

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:16:43 PM

At the moment, such purchases by bitcoin are illogical. Bitcoin is now more suitable for the accumulation and transfer of capital. But not for small purchases.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
Babbleingbrook

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:45:21 PM

haha just waiting on mcdonalds to do the same and I'll be happy.

No THAT would be game changing- imagine the exposure to BTC, and also the many many big macs that can be bought when BTC moons Cheesy

But seriously, any way in which any chain introduces BTC payments is if nothing else exposure to a certain percentage of potential adopters who may have never been exposed to crypto before. Small bricks make big houses!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: