Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:48:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You can buy KFC chicken by Bitcoin  (Read 1680 times)
KeithDemarc (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:30:36 AM

Recently, KFC Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments for a short period of time. However, Bitcoin can only be used to place orders online, and only to purchase a new item called "Bitcoin Bucket". And all this special deal will be handled by Bitpay, a fairly common Bitcoin trading tool. Its really interesting news, I wish that I can also buy chicken with Bitcoin in my coutry.  Roll Eyes
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:33:21 AM

Recently, KFC Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments for a short period of time. However, Bitcoin can only be used to place orders online, and only to purchase a new item called "Bitcoin Bucket". And all this special deal will be handled by Bitpay, a fairly common Bitcoin trading tool. Its really interesting news, I wish that I can also buy chicken with Bitcoin in my coutry.  Roll Eyes

Major (9 Billion USD)  payment provider Stripe has just announced today they stop supporting Bitcoin payments - they conclude it because fewer and fewer are using it, and at the same time fees and transaction times makes it useless as a means of payment. You can see the details on their own website: https://stripe.com/blog/ending-bitcoin-support
JPCain

Activity: 49
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

With it being a franchise model I suppose it will be mostly down to individual franchisees. I wouldn't get to excited about this. If it was a big e-commerce player then that would be news but this is no different to a corner shop accepting bitcoin.

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1642675
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:49:49 AM

Its a very good news for all the consumers in Canada, I hope other fast food chain all over the world will follow accepting bitcoin as payment.

r1a2y3m4

Activity: 504
Merit: 127

Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:16:17 AM

This is nice. If a store as large as KFC will begin to accept bitcoin then it is a start. Im happy that huge business are starting to accept bitcoin. I hope Mcdonald's and Pizza chains will start to accept digital coins as payments too. This is faster way of making an order online.  KFC is only accepting "bitcoin Chicken" i hope we can purchase more from their menu soon.

Schmolke

Activity: 25
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:38:40 AM

This is nice. If a store as large as KFC will begin to accept bitcoin then it is a start.
NO IT IS NOT! Who that is not completely out of his mind would buy anything when the fee is 25$? Of course you can pay a lower fee but then you have to wait 3 or more days before they can deliver the food.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:47:50 AM

I think this is a step in a great direction for bitcoin, most especially having the KFC brand name behind it. Even though for now its via online payment. If it is a success, of which I think it would be, other major companies will join in.

Last year, Business Insider report showed how difficult it is to spend bitcoin, even with online payments at a restaurant. The restaurant has now closed down. Link: https://twitter.com/businessinsider/status/923287320085766144?lang=en

Hopefully KFC can successfully pull it off!!!
YajairaSN

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:49:08 AM

However just to come to any local point of KFC food and pay bitcoins at the ticket office will not work you can only order a basket from a limited series at home. To make online payments KFC enlisted the support of the Bitpay operator and you can track the current price of the Bitcoin-Basket in btc using a special tracker on facebook. The bucket of chicken itself will cost about 20 Canadian dollars (plus taxes and $ 5 CAD for shipping).
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:52:26 AM

However just to come to any local point of KFC food and pay bitcoins at the ticket office will not work you can only order a basket from a limited series at home. To make online payments KFC enlisted the support of the Bitpay operator and you can track the current price of the Bitcoin-Basket in btc using a special tracker on facebook. The bucket of chicken itself will cost about 20 Canadian dollars (plus taxes and $ 5 CAD for shipping).

plus a considerably high fee for a bitcoin transaction, or did they menage to get passed it somehow?

An off-topic (but funny, so I will share) thought has occured to me: it seems that KFC will be needing to implement KYC now.

ltcatcher88

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:54:46 AM

I think, with such "progress" we can even give BTC to some random beggars and homeless people on their wallets in a couple years. Techo terror. Lips sealed
tuanvie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:55:22 AM

I don’t know if i’d use my bitcoin to buy some chicken, lol.. but still it’s obviously a good step for bitcoin and of course for all cryptocurrency world.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Gogochen

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:57:17 AM

It sounds interesting, and I hope I can use BTC in KFC to buy Fried chicken.
But there is still a serious problem, and when my deal is confirmed, maybe my Fried chicken is already cold, so it's not good enough. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

bobylevamo

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:26:03 PM

I think as the acceptance of Bitcoins keeps on increasing, we will only see the increase in price.
piter66

Activity: 294
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:03:09 AM

Seems like a pretty interesting thing to me, I like this idea but like how are they managing to do it with the fluctuating BTC prices?
mkettler

Activity: 66
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:30:51 AM

Major (9 Billion USD)  payment provider Stripe has just announced today they stop supporting Bitcoin payments - they conclude it because fewer and fewer are using it, and at the same time fees and transaction times makes it useless as a means of payment. You can see the details on their own website: https://stripe.com/blog/ending-bitcoin-support

And how is this connected to what the thread is about? I didn’t know that stripe sells chicken nuggest for BTC
jimskiy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:47:08 AM

Canada has accepted Bitcoin payments to buy KFC chciken and pay by bitcoin payment, that is good inovation for bitcoiner in Canada, they can make payment when buy KFC and pay it by bitcoin, just waiting in another country will be can make payment by bitcoin or not. KFC is the greatest restaurant have give the good service for bitcoiner to make payment by bitcoin and I am so happy if can be there and make payment by bitcoin too.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
sagor0707
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 04:57:27 AM

Customer and KFC chicken Seller:

Customer: Do you have Fried Chiken?
KFC seller: Yes When you want ?
C: Now , How Much it?
KFC: sir ,Only 3$ and 10$ bitcoin fees

It is real jocks Now.  We need proper solution to reduce bitcoin fees then It will wellcome Kfc or others
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:05:32 AM

This is a good news for this platform, Day by day Bitcoin is getting accepted in many renowned platforms so that the usefulness of Bitcoin is becoming high and high. But I don't to spend my Bitcoin for this purpose anymore. Bitcoin is a valuable tool for me, So that I would like to save Bitcoin for the future purpose.
makototachibana

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:32:38 AM

Jan 12, 2018 Fried chicken chain KFC Canada is accepting bitcoin – for a limited time and for a cryptocurrency-themed bucket of chicken so i think in the future whole system kfc can accept payment for bitcoin
zelga93

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:43:17 AM

Wow it's great news , hope in my country kfc Will accept bitcoin as payment. And for fee, we must do something, the price of fee is very expensive than chicken KFC
Maybe we must fork again

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: