Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:52:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets  (Read 75314 times)
ALAX_io (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:51:04 AM

I don't fully understand what exactly he wants to do this project for the gaming industry on mobile phones?

There are about 2 billion unbanked adults in the world with no access to credit and debit cards, yet a relatively easy access to cash and 3G/LTE smartphones. The only way to get to paid content for these unbanked customers is to make a payment by using prime rate SMS, where mobile network operators take 50–70% commission from the price paid by the user for an app/game. Besides these extremely high profit cuts, developers also have to face unreasonable long payment processing time, often taking up to 3-6 months. With ALAX, payments can be made to the developer directly using ALAX tokens, reducing the price of the sold content for gamers, and speeding up the transaction. Game developers can then exchange the ALAX tokens for a FIAT currency at any time.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:53:33 AM

Your founder (Matej Michalko) also CEO of Decent?  Shocked Decent is a popular blockchain, may be this one will have succes as well   Roll Eyes

Yes, Matej Michalko is also CEO of DECENT and since ALAX is a joint-venture of DECENT and Dragonfly, he is also a co-founder of ALAX Smiley

You will have own blockchain? Or this will be tokens on decent or ERC20 tokens? Decent have own maiinet, so this one as well?

It will be based on DECENT's blockchain but it should be ready for hosting an ICOs only later (probably during the summer), so there has been made a decision to go with ERC20 for now, and later they will be swapped for DECENT DCore UIA (User Issuable Assets).

So this DECENT DCore UIA is to the Decent blockchain what ERC20 is to the Ethereum one? Like a token on the DECENT blockchain?

Yes Smiley

What caused your decision to use the DECENT over the Ethereum blockchain? Where do you see the advantages of such a DCore UIA?

DECENT's blockchain has been chosen because of its transaction speed, price and blockchain capacity. It ensures better distribution, easier payments and all in all is fast, efficient and secure. Cryptokitties showed everybody how ethereum blockchain sucks and it is not usable for companies to use for their projects.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:06:32 AM

I wonder all the time, what does ALAX means, is it an abbreviation?

No, it is not  Smiley It is just a name  Wink

qory

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:07:30 AM

Your founder (Matej Michalko) also CEO of Decent?  Shocked Decent is a popular blockchain, may be this one will have succes as well   Roll Eyes

Yes, Matej Michalko is also CEO of DECENT and since ALAX is a joint-venture of DECENT and Dragonfly, he is also a co-founder of ALAX Smiley

You will have own blockchain? Or this will be tokens on decent or ERC20 tokens? Decent have own maiinet, so this one as well?

It will be based on DECENT's blockchain but it should be ready for hosting an ICOs only later (probably during the summer), so there has been made a decision to go with ERC20 for now, and later they will be swapped for DECENT DCore UIA (User Issuable Assets).

So this DECENT DCore UIA is to the Decent blockchain what ERC20 is to the Ethereum one? Like a token on the DECENT blockchain?

Yes Smiley

What caused your decision to use the DECENT over the Ethereum blockchain? Where do you see the advantages of such a DCore UIA?

DECENT's blockchain has been chosen because of its transaction speed, price and blockchain capacity. It ensures better distribution, easier payments and all in all is fast, efficient and secure. Cryptokitties showed everybody how ethereum blockchain sucks and it is not usable for companies to use for their projects.

a good decision and will have a positive effect, i appreciate all the hard work for the best for the project
they need consistency to avoid problems in development, all the conveniences offered will be more convincing to many people

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:08:47 AM

Do you guys have a bounty program?

No, we don't have one, but you can use our signatures to support us and you can also join our airdrop on Telegram!

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:15:14 AM

Your founder (Matej Michalko) also CEO of Decent?  Shocked Decent is a popular blockchain, may be this one will have succes as well   Roll Eyes

You mean first ICOs on Decent platform will be in summer only? Because I know tokens only on Ethereum and on Neo.

Well it depends on the teams of the projects how they decide to build their projects. DECENT's DCore is an opensource - it is a blockchain you can build on and there are still some minor problems that need to be fixed up but as far as I know, it should be fully ready to join this family of blockchains such as Ethereum and NEO this summer.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:21:22 AM

Gaming applications is a big market where not everyone can afford to buy new applications so hopefully that aspects will also be considered when the platform will be functional. Developers of games will surely get benefited but small buyers should be taken by their need and point of view to deliver better.
I think that at the first stages of development will be very difficult, the main contingent who plays games on phones are children and adolescents who do not have the opportunity to buy cryptocurrency. I hope the project management has thought through this situation.

Yes, you are right! And that is one of the reasons why we have two tokens. So we are able to reach both segments and to make a real connection between blockchain and mobile gaming industries. People who don't know anything about blockchain and don't want to have anything with it can still live their lives just using the benefits blockchain brings them such as lower prices and better and more accessible apps and games. They will only use the ALA tokens as a credit. The same goes for developers. And there is also a blockchain community which will have ALX token - tradable on exchanges and which can exchange for ALA with 20% bonus so we will make sure there will always be a reasonable demand. Of course, people can buy the ALA for FIAT in brick and mortar stores - but they will be able to buy it cheaper through ALX if they want to.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:28:03 AM

A very nice project in gaming industry with strong support. What is your softcap? and what will you do if softcap didn't reached? will you go on with the project development in this case?

We do not have a softcap, the project will go ahead regardless of the amount raised. We are giving our supporters opportunity to participate and help us speed up the integration of blockchain into the mobile gaming industry.

I can't remember a project that do not have softcap, that's quite interesting.
By the way targeting emerging markets is a brilliant idea, there will be more opportunities for projects includes gaming i think.
I gues that means that they already have enough money for the project and they are just trying to get some extra money.

I also think that starting with emerging markets is a good idea, there is much less competition there. Btw, since Alax doesn't have a softcap, what's the hardcap?

The hardcap is 30 000 ETH

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:30:32 AM

Guys, your airdrop is not perfect. If to do everything according to the instruction, it still finally says: "it seems you are not registered". Please correct it.

We know about this problem but this one is on side of Telegram. Telegram has its own cache and sometimes bot say you are ton registered even if you are just because it is not capable to look at the current database through the old telegram cache. You can always write to the admins and they will check it directly in the database.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:48:45 AM

yes the ideas are good that the Developers face multiple obstacles when they’re providing their products to unbanked people.
The only question is how they want to provide these opportunities to underbanked people

Is there a plan to tap or partner with other countries mobile payment solution since some unbanked people chose it over credit cards and debit cards? I think it has a potential for a huge market!

We signed an LOI (letter of intent) with Utoo as a partner who will provide its own network of stores through which you can obtain credits for the app store. You can stumble upon its 100,000+ stores in Indonesia and 6000+ stores in Malaysia.

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:50:35 AM

yes the ideas are good that the Developers face multiple obstacles when they’re providing their products to unbanked people.
The only question is how they want to provide these opportunities to underbanked people

Is there a plan to tap or partner with other countries mobile payment solution since some unbanked people chose it over credit cards and debit cards? I think it has a potential for a huge market!

We signed an LOI (letter of intent) with Utoo as a partner who will provide its own network of stores through which you can obtain credits for the app store. You can stumble upon its 100,000+ stores in Indonesia and 6000+ stores in Malaysia.

this is quite good to hear indeed, it seems there are going to be good prospective for reaching out customers  Smiley

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
cevap

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

www.Zercados.com

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:03:46 AM

this is quite good to hear indeed, it seems there are going to be good prospective for reaching out customers  Smiley

Good news. Does it mean that you gonna start with these two countries? And how will we able to obtain credits in other countries?

batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:12:52 AM

Nice to hear that I can find at more than 100,000 stores in Indonesia. I live in there and for sure I will keep continue to follow this project.
ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:45:16 AM

Hey, got interested into your project and read the one pager.

Can you explain me why you need two types of tokens and not just stick with one?

The need for two tokens is mainly based on the need to have a fixed price for apps, which is important for consumers as well as for developers. You can find the reasoning and all important info about ALA and ALX tokens in one of our blogs.

I still don't see the point for two tokens then?
You could make the fixed price in a $ value, while the main token will be of course will be have an value given by the market price. It is in fact the same for when you first trade your token one to token two to pay. Instead you just pay the $ price in token one with the current market price value/volume ratio.

A lot of our future customers will be just ordinary people who will want to buy a game. They do not know anything about crypto and maybe they even don't want to get involved in it. We have to have this in mind. It would be very stressful for them if they would buy some tokens one day and another day it would have totally different value. This could discourage them to switch from current methods of payments and that is something we definitely don't want to do.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:53:47 AM

Good news. Does it mean that you gonna start with these two countries? And how will we able to obtain credits in other countries?

Our app will be available in all countries at the same time but the infrastructure for distributing tokens will depend on the partnerships with local distribution companies such as Udoo. We are trying to cover all of these countries with deals but until they are signed and we have an approval to get public with them we cannot provide more detailed info.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:06:22 AM

Are you on Reddit? Subscribe to our subreddit!

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:42:53 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 01:09:15 PM by ALAX_io

Let us introduce our newest advisors - Richard Wang, who has vast experience in business and is a true believer in blockchain technology. Read more about him in our blog!

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:46:54 AM

Can you explain me why you need two types of tokens and not just stick with one?

The need for two tokens is mainly based on the need to have a fixed price for apps, which is important for consumers as well as for developers. You can find the reasoning and all important info about ALA and ALX tokens in one of our blogs.

You could make the fixed price in a $ value, while the main token will be of course will be have an value given by the market price. It is in fact the same for when you first trade your token one to token two to pay. Instead you just pay the $ price in token one with the current market price value/volume ratio.

A lot of our future customers will be just ordinary people who will want to buy a game. They do not know anything about crypto and maybe they even don't want to get involved in it. We have to have this in mind. It would be very stressful for them if they would buy some tokens one day and another day it would have totally different value. This could discourage them to switch from current methods of payments and that is something we definitely don't want to do.

Good, that's the current problem for mainstream adoption, when you put a token in exchanges its value becomes volatile in no time like every other coin/token

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:49:50 AM

Good, that's the current problem for mainstream adoption, when you put a token in exchanges its value becomes volatile in no time like every other coin/token

That's an interesting solution to the volatility problem of most utility tokens.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:03:05 PM

quite a good move trying to target people which are not interested in crypto as well, or at least not just that particular category

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: