Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:20:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets  (Read 75308 times)
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 05:50:47 PM

These apps/games.....Will they be playable on smart tv's too?

This kind of things depends on developers. But I don't think that smart TVs are a big thing on the emerging markets among the unbanked people.

Imo playing on smart TVs won't be that popular in developed countries as well, not just emerging markets...We'll see of course, but at the moment it's probably better concentrate on mobile games.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:01:04 PM

Gaming industry is one of the fastest growing and multi millions dollars industry. How I see this platform is like opportunity for developers to sell directly their games and to let other know about their creative abilities to have a platform to use. While buyers will have same opportunity to get their favorite games at competitive price than usual market price. It is going to be useful for both parties and this makes it awesome.
Yes, especially on competitive games, because there are a lot of incentivizes to play it.
I think alax should try to reach as many of competitive games as possible.

Remember guys that this is a mobile platform at first. it's gonna be a long time before competitive games are added.
There are also many competitive games that are based on mobile actually, you can look at mobile legend, aov, pubg, fortnite, role of survival.

aov: previously Vainglory? I was about to write same thing, recently pubg mobile created a lot of hype mobile gaming, some of my friends are playing pubg even on lunch breaks without eating anything.
AOV = Arena Of Valor, its different from vainglory, vainglory is still exist out there.
These moba mobile games are started to hold a big tournament, I think they will follow the dota 2 path and become a hype, they are already hype in my country recently.
Tournaments with prize pools can be a good way to make the platform more popular - gamers from all over the world will unite in the struggle for leadership.
Blockchain de Decent seems to have done well to the project Sophia TX, I hope that when hosting Alax is even better, I have not yet seen an official announcement of this partnership, if it is official
Using decent blockchain and partnership with Sophia TX are some very different things. Yes, they are gonna use decent. No, there is no official announcement about such partnership.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:17:23 PM

Gaming industry is one of the fastest growing and multi millions dollars industry. How I see this platform is like opportunity for developers to sell directly their games and to let other know about their creative abilities to have a platform to use. While buyers will have same opportunity to get their favorite games at competitive price than usual market price. It is going to be useful for both parties and this makes it awesome.
Yes, especially on competitive games, because there are a lot of incentivizes to play it.

Remember guys that this is a mobile platform at first. it's gonna be a long time before competitive games are added.
There are also many competitive games that are based on mobile actually, you can look at mobile legend, aov, pubg, fortnite, role of survival.

aov: previously Vainglory? I was about to write same thing, recently pubg mobile created a lot of hype mobile gaming, some of my friends are playing pubg even on lunch breaks without eating anything.
AOV = Arena Of Valor, its different from vainglory, vainglory is still exist out there.
These moba mobile games are started to hold a big tournament, I think they will follow the dota 2 path and become a hype, they are already hype in my country recently.
Tournaments with prize pools can be a good way to make the platform more popular - gamers from all over the world will unite in the struggle for leadership.
Blockchain de Decent seems to have done well to the project Sophia TX, I hope that when hosting Alax is even better, I have not yet seen an official announcement of this partnership, if it is official

Sophiatx didn't use decent's blockchain. They just get some service from them. And they are currently building their own blockchain.

ignatvkudrin

Activity: 671
Merit: 256

Universe Project

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 06:20:47 PM

Interesting currency. But the Crypto currency Universe is already working on supporting an entire ecosystem for players. I think we'll do it sooner! The challenge is thrown.

Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:29:23 PM

Interesting currency. But the Crypto currency Universe is already working on supporting an entire ecosystem for players. I think we'll do it sooner! The challenge is thrown.

Are you talking about Kinguin or which project do you mean? I also think that Kinguin is something different in certain ways
ignatvkudrin

Activity: 671
Merit: 256

Universe Project

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 07:00:17 PM

Are you talking about Kinguin or which project do you mean? I also think that Kinguin is something different in certain ways
I talk about my currency Universe http://unicoin.pw

BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 07:23:13 PM

Simple games are always the most popular especially if we talk about mobile gaming, don't tell me that angry birds and plant vs zombies are complex games Grin

There will be only mobile games? For both platform (ios and android) ? Or web-games and pc?

There will be mobile games and apps in the store. The store is planned to be only for Android now since iOS isn't very widespread in the emerging markets and if someone has an iPhone he/she has probably also a credit/debit card. We want to focus primarily on unbanked people since we see there a huge potential.

Where do you get that information from? What about second hand/refurbished iOS devices?

Sounds like a good plan to me. There is totally no point to concentrate on iOS and other mobile OS, it's just a waste of money. I hope your market research is very close to reality.
it seems to me two good objectives to concentrate on the start of gaming on android phones and to think of people who do not have access to the banks, i imagine designing a token purchase system

Makes perfeclty sense to focus on Android at first. Android is running on way more devices than iOS. Not only in the emerging markets.
There is no point arguing that the coolest android or iOS, if the budget will allow, then there will certainly be professional developers who will create games for two platforms.

The only plus I see in android before iOS is open source and easy programming. With iOS everything is much more complicated!

Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:39:44 PM

Simple games are always the most popular especially if we talk about mobile gaming, don't tell me that angry birds and plant vs zombies are complex games Grin

There will be only mobile games? For both platform (ios and android) ? Or web-games and pc?

There will be mobile games and apps in the store. The store is planned to be only for Android now since iOS isn't very widespread in the emerging markets and if someone has an iPhone he/she has probably also a credit/debit card. We want to focus primarily on unbanked people since we see there a huge potential.

Where do you get that information from? What about second hand/refurbished iOS devices?

Sounds like a good plan to me. There is totally no point to concentrate on iOS and other mobile OS, it's just a waste of money. I hope your market research is very close to reality.
it seems to me two good objectives to concentrate on the start of gaming on android phones and to think of people who do not have access to the banks, i imagine designing a token purchase system

Makes perfeclty sense to focus on Android at first. Android is running on way more devices than iOS. Not only in the emerging markets.
There is no point arguing that the coolest android or iOS, if the budget will allow, then there will certainly be professional developers who will create games for two platforms.

The only plus I see in android before iOS is open source and easy programming. With iOS everything is much more complicated!

Is the programming under iOS more difficult?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:42:43 PM

Yes but prize pools need to be thoroughly determined. You can't throw money out the window and have nothing let for the continuation of proper development. That's still the priority.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
Amelie Poulain

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:45:47 PM

Open source code is favorable environment for hackers and other intruders, so this medal has two sides, iOS in terms of security is better.
NDLcrypt

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:51:05 PM

I think that the main advantage of devices on Android is their number. Them exists much more, than all others. For example, in China, the vast majority of smartphones - on Android.

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:55:15 PM

I think that the main advantage of devices on Android is their number. Them exists much more, than all others. For example, in China, the vast majority of smartphones - on Android.

And that's exactly the point. Why focus on an operating system that has no real relevance in the markets that ALAX wants to focus on?
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:07:06 PM

I see you will accept payment by coins SophiaTX, do you cooperate with them? In the site has only 2 partners.

CEO of Alax also founder DECENT project and advisor in SophiaTH. Tokens will be build on Ethereum blockchain or Decent?

ALX token will be an ERC-20 token in the TGE. Later, it will be swapped for DECENT DCore UIA (User Issuable Assets).

Why no create tokens at decent at once? Or Decent dont have smartcontracts for create tokens at this moments?

Exactly. The DECENT's blockchain should be ready for hosting an ICOs only later. Probably during the summer. That's why they are going for an ERC20 token and swap it later to a DECENT DCore UIA.

so at the beginning the alx token will be erc20 token and maybe after the summer there will be a swap for decent, the ceo also participates in the sophiath project?...
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:16:52 PM

I think the developers will create games for the two platforms, both have their advantages and limitations.
Frank37

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:25:01 PM

Open source code is favorable environment for hackers and other intruders, so this medal has two sides, iOS in terms of security is better.

Security through obscurity?
I prefer to know the source code, even if it could reveal an attack vector.
But it depends on the amount of people who examine the code, if these are many, the security of source code can bemuch better than clothed source.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:46:50 PM

I am very optimistic that this platform will encourage more developers to develop more high quality games by the fact that this project's features are more developer-friendly as compared to other game platforms. Imho. Smiley

As of now, how do you know that this platform will be so much more developer friendly? Are there active games being played on it yet and also, have games been developed by developers who were not familiar with the platform?
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 08:56:52 PM

The Chinese market alone already has 15 Billion marketcap for mobile gaming you would think there is something left for ALAX? Smiley
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:12:17 PM

The Chinese market alone already has 15 Billion marketcap for mobile gaming you would think there is something left for ALAX? Smiley

I don't think they will leave out any of the markets. So, of course, they will try to get some of this share too.

Vansire

Merit: 102

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:18:44 PM

There are a lot of competing gaming coins already. Alax needs to have a special feature to stand a chance. Emerging markets is a niche but it's a risky niche.

X I W Λ T T                  TELEGRAM        MEDIUM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK                   WHITEPAPER     
A Platform that Enables Individuals & Communities to Crowdfund, Co-own & Trade Renewable Energy Assets
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     [ PRE-SALE ]    C O M I N G   S O O N     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CryptoCutie

Merit: 131

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:28:39 PM

aren't the most coins and tokens a risky niche? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: