Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:43:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news!  (Read 2351 times)
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:55:54 PM

It's understandable, with constant threats for north (aka) best Korea it makes sense that certain security measures including knowing who might be moving big bucks around. As for taxes let's face it I can't find many untaxed investment/currency other than gold and silver which with all precious metals are not taxed. I'm in the us I have no idea how I'm going to pay my crypto taxes but I'll do it, as little as I can but I'll do it. So welcome back to btc South Korea, help us ride the cypto tsunami and keep an eye on north (aka) best Korea and say hello to that odd man who always threatens to blow us up, you know, rocket man and family have been going to blow us up for 40 years I compliment them on keeping such a dedicated mission statement. Sleep well my South Korean friends
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:13:13 PM

South Korea government never stated Bitcoin will be banned, the initial news of a few weeks ago was that it would be forbidden to trade coins anonymously, you will need to use your real name, and verify your identity on every platform you use.

This is common sense.

Big thumbs down to those who twisted the news and make it sound like Korea was about to ban bitcoin. Same thing happened with China in October, they talked about banning ICO and many here said bitcoin was banned in China. Please be careful when you share news.

There might be regulation in the UK quite soon, too: http://www.ladbible.com/news/news-will-britain-ban-bitcoin-theresa-may-wants-to-crack-down-on-bitcoin-20180125

like the quote:
Kevin Murcko, CEO of cryptocurrency exchange CoinMetro, said: "Regulation in the UK may not necessarily be a bad thing for the digital asset economy: government regulation is a legitimising force. New regulations would mean people would feel safer investing in cryptocurrencies, as fraudulent brokers will be excluded from the market.
"As different nations move to regulate cryptocurrencies in different ways, the short-term impact on the markets will be outweighed by the longer-term stability afforded by consumer protections and the elimination of fraudulent entities and practices.
"Compliance with an established regulatory framework, if done right, could lead to wider mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies and greater stability in emerging markets.
"It is my firm belief that we should be welcoming regulation into the cryptocommunity, rather than rejecting it. This will help to spur on adoption among mainstream investors and the general public."

This is exactly what the crypto world needs at the moment.
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:22:19 PM

South Korea government never stated Bitcoin will be banned, the initial news of a few weeks ago was that it would be forbidden to trade coins anonymously, you will need to use your real name, and verify your identity on every platform you use.

This is common sense.

Big thumbs down to those who twisted the news and make it sound like Korea was about to ban bitcoin. Same thing happened with China in October, they talked about banning ICO and many here said bitcoin was banned in China. Please be careful when you share news.

There might be regulation in the UK quite soon, too: http://www.ladbible.com/news/news-will-britain-ban-bitcoin-theresa-may-wants-to-crack-down-on-bitcoin-20180125

like the quote:
Kevin Murcko, CEO of cryptocurrency exchange CoinMetro, said: "Regulation in the UK may not necessarily be a bad thing for the digital asset economy: government regulation is a legitimising force. New regulations would mean people would feel safer investing in cryptocurrencies, as fraudulent brokers will be excluded from the market.
"As different nations move to regulate cryptocurrencies in different ways, the short-term impact on the markets will be outweighed by the longer-term stability afforded by consumer protections and the elimination of fraudulent entities and practices.
"Compliance with an established regulatory framework, if done right, could lead to wider mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies and greater stability in emerging markets.
"It is my firm belief that we should be welcoming regulation into the cryptocommunity, rather than rejecting it. This will help to spur on adoption among mainstream investors and the general public."

This is exactly what the crypto world needs at the moment.
well I wouldn't say federal regulation is what the crypto world needs until we  see said regulation because the government can very easily kill anything with regulation and we have no say. Besides tracking users and taxes the fed could add all kinds of regs that would take the fun out of doing something we do partly because it circumnavigates fed regulation. Never wish for or say I hope the Feds step in soon and tell me how I may go about using my money to get out of your regulated system but I trust your regulations will be about my safety and not your fear, nah federal regulation is usually a bummer
phudinh

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:24:15 PM

It's not new news.
every month we saw many goverments ban, release the rules controlling cryptocurrency, bank issue their own crypto. so tried of these kind of news.
snowwyjonny

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:39:55 PM

Wow what a great news for the crypto world and great opportunities for the south koreans! Well it will begin to attracts investors, sellers and traders more easily, because of the advantages that it can give to a country. I hope that it will not be banned for it will also help their government. Maybe a year or two some countries will enable to witness the great advantage of a cryptocurrency. Way to go, South Korea! Good Job!
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:20:06 PM

This is an excellent news. Actual legalization of trade in crypto currencies in Korea will make the market more transparent.
In addition, this is excellent news for Koreans, confirming that there are reasonable people in the government. They understand the uselessness of the prohibitive measures.
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:27:54 PM

This is an excellent news. Actual legalization of trade in crypto currencies in Korea will make the market more transparent.
In addition, this is excellent news for Koreans, confirming that there are reasonable people in the government. They understand the uselessness of the prohibitive measures.

The news of ban in South Korea reduce the price of bitcoin from 12,000$ to 10,000$.Now the long waited good news came,so the price of bitcoin will soon reach 14000$.Nearly 20 percentage of total trade is made by South Korean, surely this will impact the price of bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:30:46 PM

for sure Korea has become one of the leading countries towards cryptos and when it makes a good move into crypto I guess the other countries would follow it as well.
Drunkenhorse

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

Well from one point of view it is cool but from another this is a start of decentralization, today you need to get verified, tomorrow you will need to confirm where did you get your bitcoins and after tomorrow you will pay tax for every transaction.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:39:34 PM

This is a welcome news as the pressure from the misquoted news on Bitcoin  regulation in South Korea will relax and the price will now begin its journey northward. The government of South Korea has also succeeded in collecting tax from the now amended law on all crypto currency transaction effected in those 6 banks. A win win situation for all.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:47:55 PM

Not only that, South Korea's second largest banks is integrating a new feature called virtual bank accounts for crypto users where they can send and receive their currency directly with their exchange,or at least something like that. Here is a link on what it is more precisely :- https://bitcointobanks.com/blog/2018/01/20/developers-in-the-desert-googles-oasis-for-startups-in-dubai/

Jetakenare

Activity: 149

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 06:50:27 PM

Real names? Not so sure how good this is. The whole idea is anonymity.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:29:01 PM

Great news, when there are fud spread out about south korea banning crypto, the bitcoin price got a huge shake and fall down deeply, but with this news there will be investors back to invest in crypto, I guess the regulated crypto is the best solution for the government and the users
All the FUD and subsequent sell off spring from ignorant and short sighted traders and investors. Any seasoned trader out there understands that Bitcoin cannot be banned in principle and the governments best joker has always bring to it under regulation, which really isn't something bad for the crypto-world but can turn out a snare and ill-wind, going by the direction and how far they may want to push it.

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are like water, they're sure to find their way regardless of the threats or actual banning and that's something the governments have come to understand but ignorance on the part of many bitcoiners, won't let them see beyond their nose. All said, the situation is simply another opportunity to buy Bitcoin at cheaper rates to board the lunar fight!
ezbreezy08

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:48:50 PM

I think more good news coming next month when the sleeping giant China will adopt cryptocurrencies. Asian Market will dominate any other country in the world. I predict that it will go through 14,000 usd and more.
mixelalex

Activity: 193

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:56:47 PM

I heard that bitcoin will grow for a while, and then it will fall again. But overall it's a great chance to buy more. It will be profitable at the end of the year.
Bambinoe

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:59:54 PM

It will be goodnews for me if crypto currency is accepted in my country.

george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:01:35 PM

Really good news!
Rakabel619

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:19:53 PM

Hello. these are really great news, I hope to be true, it will surely change the bitcoin price, surely it will grow, so prepare your pockets Smiley)

ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:05:39 PM

It's not new news.
every month we saw many goverments ban, release the rules controlling cryptocurrency, bank issue their own crypto. so tried of these kind of news.
Did you find it difficult to understand what is being said here,the only positive thing about this news is that hopefully we wont be hearing more FUD from the Korean market and the entire market wont slide because of that,i am not sure which bank has released their own crypto.
RVA

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:20:58 PM

Very good news . On the example of South Korea, other countries will certainly do the same to settle the market of crypto currency. If they do, a new growth of bitcoin will begin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: