Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:13:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to evaluate potential ICO projects?  (Read 1498 times)
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:00:21 AM

Its easy. You just need couple of hours to do someresearches. Read the complete white paper. Look at the dev and team members. Analyse the market they want to act in. Does it need the blockchain, token or the coin?  So if you do this, and you still think positiv about the ico, you can invest your money in. But do not be too good faith. They are many ico with good ideas, but without an market where it works.
QN2018

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:56:24 AM

It is important to evaluate an ICO project is potential or not before making a decision to invest base on variety of perspectives, such as the website (technical), the foundation, the advisors group, and the company support to that project.
Analyzing the interest of the community especially the ICO lending MLM projects, because the more interests , the higher the probability of success.
vothuong637

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:21:28 AM

First, you should research all information relevant to the project based on the factors: the formal and quantity of website, board of advisors and their personal information. Research on white paper and roadmap, market and interest from the community. At present, there are many scam MLM projects so you have to be very careful and smart before determining to invest, good luck.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:22:02 AM

The thing you needed to do is to read the whitepaper placed by the dev and try to understand on what is the project all about and what plans do they have on the future since for this you may find out that dev dead serious for his project. And you can also try to reach up their social media pages,telegram groups and reddit to see if their community is huge since if you can find out on how many communities/people are supporting them you may find out on what would be the outcome of their project.
Of course, as you write a lot of communities are the key to how successful the project will be in the future. The more supporters the will be more potential, I personally not often read whitepapers if want to invest, just see part of Ann on the project as well team and how big communities the project.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 811

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 11:40:57 AM

The thing you needed to do is to read the whitepaper placed by the dev and try to understand on what is the project all about and what plans do they have on the future since for this you may find out that dev dead serious for his project. And you can also try to reach up their social media pages,telegram groups and reddit to see if their community is huge since if you can find out on how many communities/people are supporting them you may find out on what would be the outcome of their project.
Of course, as you write a lot of communities are the key to how successful the project will be in the future. The more supporters the will be more potential, I personally not often read whitepapers if want to invest, just see part of Ann on the project as well team and how big communities the project.

Well if you are not a whitepaper reader then you must correct that one since by reading their whitepaper can make you understand on what is the project all about, since sometimes coin projects gain their huge communities due to their airdrops and you might be fooled by that way since many airdrop tokens are scam and the people who are their are not actually supporting the project but making their ways to spread some fuds to dump their coins at his highest price.

bitekoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:49:36 AM

It's easy to buy into what others say. It's also lazy and careless. Do your own research.
You just need to basically check two things. One is a good team. Two is a coin with a future/purpose. With those two, you can definitely be positive that what you have there is a good coin to invest in.

With that, go check out ArcBlock. The project this big can't avoid some criticisms. But I've done my own research and I am confident in the project.
tienigarazz

Activity: 253

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:56:27 AM

I think you should read all the information about that ico for example read its whitepaper it will help.you to know more about that ico.
Try also to check if the developers are trusted or if they have any bad background in their past project.
Rightnow too many ico are being created and i am sure some of them are scam, so always check it first and dont be too lazy.

ICOTREND

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:17:44 PM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley

To evaluate a potential ICO project, the first thing you have to determine which industry of the project it is, whether it is a hot or not.
Identify the infrastructure of the project based on company assets such as fixed assets or technology
Next is the interest of community in the project.
hoabien780 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:02:28 PM

One more time, before choose what project to invest in, you should learn as many as you can about it: white-paper, team, product, platform and technology, roadmap, reviews etc.
in addition (if you are not an early adopter) you should also look how active the community for the project is: telegram, bitcointalk, reddit, twitter, etc...

Because I am beginner , I am limited about information. Can you help advice some good website or prestigious community to discuss about bitcoin, white-paper, technology, platforms,...
jeni99

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:41:05 PM

the success of ICO depends on many things and the activity of the community. Before investing make sure you pay attention to the important points below:
Make sure the ICO has a good concept, it can be seen from the roadmap or whitepaper ICO.
Make sure the ICO is a lot of devotees, this you can see from the progress of the sale.
Make sure the ICO developers are active in updating the news and the project is also active in communicating with the community.
Be sure not to follow ICO that sells coin more than 90% of total coin available, unless unsold coin will be burned.
braves182

Activity: 476

The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 06:55:35 PM

I start evaluation of a project with a team , i mean that is more than 50% of success upcoming ico, at least for me. I looking at members of the team, of their LinkedIn accounts, if they fake or not. On the scam projects cheaters can post information about the team members who actually don't even know that they are members of the team) It is the first point you should  start!

█▀▄ ▀ ▄▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄ █░█
THE MOST ADVANCED AND SAFE CRYPTOCURRENCY █▀█ █ ░▀▄ ░█░ █░█ ▄▀▄WHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOKTELEGRAMONEPAGER
EXCHANGE IN THE WORLD ▀▀░ ▀ ▀▀░ ░▀░ ░▀░ ▀░▀⬡the B I S T O X exchange⬡
altcocollector

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:10:01 PM

If you are really interested in an ICO then make a not of :

1. Team - should not be anonymous, strong, prolific background
2. Whitepaper - Should be fundamentally solid, if not, should be Technically solid at the very least. You should clearly get an idea of what are they trying to do reading it
3. Community Strength - Are they active on Social media read Reddit, Facebook, Github, Telegram etc. A strong community means strong support
4. Github Activity - Check out how active they are on Github. How many commits and/or Contributors they have.
5. Market Cap - How much are they trying to get via Token sale and if the product is worth it?

Hope this helps!
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:18:11 PM

Because I am beginner , I am limited about information. Can you help advice some good website or prestigious community to discuss about bitcoin, white-paper, technology, platforms,...

Sure, There are some website and telegram channel keep on ranking the ICOs daily basis.  Pm me, I will share the telegram there, because I do not wanna someone to use it directly seeing my post.
This site link below will give the information about the projects, ongoing, rating, Risky ICOs also list.
https://icorating.com

This below link will give the information about the active and best projects directly without any brief about it.
https://topicolist.com
mihalich

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:06:28 PM

So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley

The team, their transparency, their well detailed roadmap/whitepaper/website and of course if it is accepted by the community. Also there are sites that giving ratings for all of the ICO's, they maybe paid but they can help.  Though you also need to research, these tips of mine can help you. Goodluck in investing.  Grin
Without going into too much detail, it's understandable why the Team is the most important criteria. That is because without the proper experience, or knowledge of the vertical the company is aiming to serve it's not likely they will succeed.
brusnika

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:28:36 PM

Before to invest in any ico project i try to find more information in internet. I start learning with the main site of project, how well it is organized, if the content is orginal and  how professional is the team, are there wellknown advisors and masters, how successful were  their past projects. Then i look at the rating of ico and study linkedyn profiles whether they fake or not. this wai i form my opinion about project.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __   
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale  Sep up to 25% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
Mordvin

Activity: 259

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:47:21 AM

A thorough study of the project will help in the proper investment

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
             TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
smartsan

Activity: 196

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:11:12 AM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
Hi,
we can evaluate the project by the product developed and the team and the advisory bodies associated........

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:30:38 AM

In 2017, ICO investments soared and cumulative funding has surged to 2.8 billion as of November 2017.
People love it when things go up, but what goes up must come down .ICO not only offers a convenient venue for entrepreneurs in the blockchain sector to obtain funding, but also allows individuals to invest in early-stage projects, which were previously available only to institutional investors. It is estimated that if a person blindly invests $1,000 in every visible ICO projects, including those failed, he or she will have a positive return of more than 13 times. However, the reality is not always as rosy as it may sound. In fact, as ICO failure rate is relatively high nowadays, investing in ICO can be highly risky. There have been widespread skepticism surrounding ICOs, including unclear legal status, low liquidity, lack of transparency, etc. Investors need to exercise extreme caution on their investments.    
#1. Real Needs for the Product
#2. The Team Matters More than the Business Plan
#3. A Product that Stands out
#4. Strong Partnership and Pre-sale
AllMeBountyTeam

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:35:55 AM

If ICO give a lot of information about it - it's good. If the workteam have good reputation - it's very good. As example - Komodo from developers BitcoinDark or ArcBlock ICO, when you can see strong team also.

You can also check the team thoroughly. Are all real people in the team, are there any dummies or non-existent people. Are all really working on their specialty, and not just photos from the Internet.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:56:40 AM

- There is a working prototype of the product.
- All agreements and rules are published on the site, there is a competent Whitepaper
- The company itself is registered,
- The founders of the startup are people with reliable reputation,
- The startup has its own escrow - a conditional account, where the company's assets, documents and funds deferred before the occurrence of a particular situation,
- In the project team - professionals who have the experience of creating successful start-ups (however, its absence is not always a bad sign).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: