Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:24:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to evaluate potential ICO projects?  (Read 1498 times)
smartsan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:00:17 PM

The best way to evaluate the best ico is the product, team, advisory bodies., Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sprihodko

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:18:11 PM

First, you should read the whitepaper, then analyze the development strategy and try to understand whether it is realizable.Then study the biography of the team and advisers. Try to look at whether they have successful projects in the portfolio.
bitcoinvamp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:45:49 PM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley
I think all you can do before joining a ICO is that you could check there whitepaper and there Ann thread for the proper information that yo should know about them so that you can trust the team and join the ICO. Also, in addition you could visit there website and go through all the information you need to know. I know its a long process and require time but its worth as you won't be scammed . And sure even after doing all these things you still won't be 100% sure about the ICO but that just how the ICO,s are and nothing specific you can do about this.
hoabien780 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:09:20 PM

Besides studying the basic knowledge about cryptocurrency, coins wallet, blockchain  technology,ICO... you must be research and review the white paper, roadmap , chart and market fluctuations ,... after that following the comments from good traders on which ICO is  potential or not , that is good views for you guys.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:34:56 AM

It really comes down to how much risk you're prepared to place on your shoulders.  Some ICOs are in fact real brick and mortar building business who are using blockchain to expand their horizons (a good example is the recent Restart Energy ICO), while other ICO have a team of people involved who you can readily google to see they are real people.  On the other hand, there are many shady/suspect/anonymous ICOs that pose a far greater risk for your money.  Of course, nothing is guaranteed, just like regular finance offerings.  You just have to do your research and then commit to what you believe in.
sale.kripta

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:41:25 AM

The most important is the development team, which deals with the crypto project. I like the project GoNetwork. The strongest command, gives a 100% guarantee in the success of the project.
Leamirra

Activity: 448
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:01:28 AM

I trust a project if I see that the team consists of famous people. Having links to their social media and therefore being able to communicate directly is really helpful as well.
worldooftanks

Activity: 266
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:21:49 AM

GoNetwork,Medicalchain Community,Refereum believe that these projects are currently the most interesting in the upcoming ico.
I plan to try also take part in them.
aleksus

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:55:18 AM

Follow the community, if project's telegram group is popular has a lot of members and quality posts it's already a good sign and a reason to dig the project deeper. Read the documents and roadmap, make sure the team behind has some tracable public record. Estimate the reality of promises given, there can't be miracles even with most successful teams and usually if too much and unrealistic is promised it's already an alert.
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:56:49 AM

You must learn to evaluate and trust your intuition too.First read about their project on their ANN thread then their ROADMAP, the TEAM,its MANAGER also.But to sum it all up your insticts.About your feel towards the project ia also considered.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
bircoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:07:26 AM

What matters is the team? It is very important that the project can be used in daily life.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:13:06 AM

whether the project is realistic or not. There are investors who are strong. and see the white paper and road map. That is the requirement
straimrpl777

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:26:44 AM
Merited by Makka (1)

I use three points on which I then draw a conclusion:
1. read the whitepaper
2. analyze the development strategy and try to understand.
3. read biographies of the team and advisers.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:40:21 AM

1. read the whitepaper

Exactly what I am also doing. Also I have bunch of crypto friends interested also on ICOs. Currently our group's top pick is Wanchain. It is sad that Chinese, Singaporeans and Americans cannot participate legally but we are still expecting them to find ways in order to participate. I bet a sold out on this.  Wink
maxestes

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:13:17 AM

1. read the whitepaper
This is usually not enough to protect yourself from scam.
I usually also check whether the data or team is fake. I search for the top management on Facebook, see whether I have common friends and ask them.
I also find out the location of the company, send them a good old mail via Post service and see what happens. There is no silver bullet.

Nfp

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:21:59 PM

So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley

You have to research some information about the ICO project before you start to invest with it. First, review the whitepaper of their project if it has the abilities or qualities that can be developed and can leads to a future success of their project. Second, identify the members behind the team if they are really credible and not fictitious.
smartsan

Activity: 196

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:01:17 PM

Based on their projects and the idea of the team. we can decide the ico.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:47:18 PM

1. read the whitepaper
This is usually not enough to protect yourself from scam.
I usually also check whether the data or team is fake. I search for the top management on Facebook, see whether I have common friends and ask them.
I also find out the location of the company, send them a good old mail via Post service and see what happens. There is no silver bullet.

Any ways might be enough but its much better than doing nothing at all. Theres no guarantee anytime since there are instances on which no matter how you do search up hard into those informations but yet theres still chances on ending up on failed ICO projects. Those things do really happen which means risk always there but this is only on slim chances. Its up to a certain investor on how he research up things which would really convince him to invest on.
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:42:21 PM

Intuition is not important , and competent analysis of the project team . Review of all documents . Ico lot , and worthy projects a little . So be careful
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:07:41 PM

If ICO give a lot of information about it - it's good. If the workteam have good reputation - it's very good. As example - Komodo from developers BitcoinDark or ArcBlock ICO, when you can see strong team also.
I think that the main criterion is the speed and quality of the feedback. If the bounty team is working slow, for a long time does not answer, manager not calculating stakes - it will be bad project very often.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: