Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:12:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to evaluate potential ICO projects?  (Read 1498 times)
Tuturtinular

Activity: 994
Merit: 152

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:42:10 PM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley
You are right ICO is a very risky Investment so we must be selective in choosing the right ICO and things I do to avoid ICO scam I usually take an ICO project which is managed by a professional bounty manager like yahoo62278, Sylon, needmoney , and BlockEye the name of the name is a manager who I often follow the project because of the possibility of his ICO project was a huge success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maucial

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:42:34 PM

To choose good ICO projects to get involved in, you have to look at their project and see if:

1. the ICO has an experienced team;
2. the project is good and will have success, because it's a real project related to blockchain technology and with a sustainable tokenomics.

Looking at the project as a whole and looking at the team behind it, is very important in my opinion.

There are many interesting projects to check out and others not, so it's important to choose wisely.

If I can give you guys my opinion, I discovered an exciting ICO that is very interesting: RAWG.

Check out this great article by Sergey Ulankin, RAWG's Editor-in-Chief, where he explains what has been done so far and what will be the future updates:

https://medium.com/rawg/wp-bits-5-vision-and-current-state-69127bfbeb2a

The ICO will start in a short period and they are at the moment in pre-ICO phase. This is the ICO site: https://token.rawg.io/. It's a video game discovery platform that converts your skills into goods and services (the site is already working, with more than 57,000 games in the database) and, which is very interesting, they have already reached the soft cap.

Have a look and get some information while doing your own research!

Another interesting point: RAWG has already secured $5m USD, halfway to hard cap of $10m!
Morento

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:07:26 PM

Personaly I, check ICO’s whitepaper and search it in IcoBench. For me that’s enough
Sergo Grigo

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 05:43:49 PM

Yes, it is true that investments in ICO projects are associated with huge risks, because this market is still very young and not protected by law, and for scammers it is a very attractive environment. However, if you learn to analyze and select promising projects, you can make good money. First of all, when analyzing the ICO project, you should pay attention to the following: all technical documents ( white paper, road map, etc.), project team and advisors, ratings and reviews.
komjhq

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 08:43:24 PM

Yes, it is true that investments in ICO projects are associated with huge risks, because this market is still very young and not protected by law, and for scammers it is a very attractive environment. However, if you learn to analyze and select promising projects, you can make good money. First of all, when analyzing the ICO project, you should pay attention to the following: all technical documents ( white paper, road map, etc.), project team and advisors, ratings and reviews.
there is a lot of information about the fact that the United States of America, as well as Russia, will bring their legislation to such standards in order to control and regulate the company's ico. In fact, it can be a way to reduce the number of cheaters in this business. But other users of crypto currency may suffer.
IcoBale01

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:04:48 AM

if the ICO attend blockchain conference and have good advisor board and admin reveals everything about the market and future roadmap upcoming ico should be active in social profiles and answer all questions and these are the qualities required for new ico
BTalarmus

Activity: 443
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:19:30 PM

The best way is to study as much as possible about ICO. Roadmap, white paper, all available documents, who is the founder and everything related to reliability of the project. A lot of information can be found in social media, especially about the team.
creat!ve

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:30:58 PM

Best way to evaluate would to check everything about the project, whitepaper, roadmap, and the team of course and their reputation.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 05:37:24 PM

Look out for the team wand their LinkedIN profiles to know their previous work and their credibility. Then look for the project backing up the coin and how much coin is important in running that particular project. Make sure that token isn't just a way to raise money, it should have utility in actual project. then you can look for their roadmap and time your hodl according to it that when you want to sell, whether the coin would get listed on exchange by that time or particular update will be out by then etc etc.
lavara

Activity: 532
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 08:06:15 PM

I've been working with hhch projects for about a year, and according to my observation there are some rules-you need to know: carefully read the white paper, see what you are offered. Look at the team (did the guys in other projects, their reputation, their social networks, see what they were doing)  Cool What are the sponsors of the project and the advisers - who are they? Look on the Internet whether the press writes about the project and what otsentki give resources monitor project ico. I have just taken the project of the EON - a promising site for blocking games. Ico very actively goes.

Asukilp

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:39:11 AM

simply take a gander at what number of the coins that have been sold by the ICO has just achieved the objective in the set. In the event that yes, obviously, ICO is so conceivably the more noteworthy future.
pablodotcol

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:54:36 AM

You might to check out the whitepaper to see how convincing it is and if the project is a pretty good one. However this doesn't exactly proffer solutions nowadays, seeing that majority of the scam projects even have more convincing whitepapers than the legit ones. You might want to go further and find out if the team members behind the ICO are reliable and also if the projects meets your interests.
cryptocrudivore

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:41:54 PM

actually for now to analyze which ICO project is potential is rather very complicated. because there are so many ICO projects that only scam. maybe the first step you find out in advance about the ICO, you can search from the web or from other social media
Satish147

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 01:47:07 PM

As I known, ICO is a kind of risky investment. Similar to the IPO which is the form of invite for capital investment, but when buying IPO, investors can research the information about the company they invested, find out about official finance reports and be protected by law when joining. In contrast, ICO projects are often rather ambiguous and unprotected by government so the risk is so high for investors.
So how to evaluate a potential ICO project, look forward to receiving comments from you  Smiley

You need to see the project potential in market and you have to assess like is there any competitors for the targeted market. Need to see the team strength and experience. Potential partnerships between huge corporate companies. They need to develop the project code minimum before raising the capital like MVP.

anhdat4

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:38:12 PM

SKYFchain is a very interesting project with an impressively effective team and today one of the most promising! They do their best to take leading positions in its own field. Join the ICO now! www.skyfchain.io
CoinPoint
Copper Member

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:39:20 AM

It is very simple:

1. Do your ICO due diligence
     1.1. Assess WP
     1.2. Check reviews and listings
     1.3. Find out if Idea & Solution are well-established
     1.4  Ecosystem legitimacy
     1.5. Verify that the website is ok
     1.6. Check Token distribution, promos & discounts
2. ICO Stages (Private sale, pre-sale, crowdsale) - understand in which phase the ICO is currently in and understand the differences
3. KYC
4. Registration and purchase directly via their website
5. HODL or Trade

If you are looking for a detailed guide which will show you each and every step in-details, both practically and in theory, please visit: https://www.coinpoint.net/icoguides/ and triple your funds in no time.

hariini

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:26:35 AM

I quite agree with you, especially with the current crypto world situation and also the many scam ico lately, added by differentiating which ico is good and which ico is not good enough, but now there are also some ico it's good it's just that it's hard to find a good ico, because the ico rating on an ico site can't be a determinant whether or not the ico is good, sometimes ico that has a good rating actually becomes a scam ico.
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:28:31 AM

if the ICO attend blockchain conference and have good advisor board and admin reveals everything about the market and future roadmap upcoming ico should be active in social profiles and answer all questions and these are the qualities required for new ico

Strongly agree with you because if a team of developers does such a thing, surely the team is also famous at every event.
With events like ICO Bazaar, ICO marekting, everything will be easy to FAQ every question from the customers.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:51:28 AM

I always see from the Development Team first, if the developer time has been experienced, then I will choose it.
ICO can run with the power of funds and an experienced development team.
dreadfullICO

Activity: 197

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:20:03 AM

There are several important criteria: the project should be rated well at rating platforms (for example www.icogudie.com), it should have good team, idea should be interesting and promising, project should be regularly updated and transparent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: